Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NIKV69
Topic Author

Aaron Rodgers debacle

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:18 pm

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-qb-aar ... week-9-ver

Surprised this hasn't been posted. I am a big Rodgers fan but he screwed the dog here bigtime. It's a miracle he didn't infect more and as a pro athlete I think you needed to get the shot. I almost hope the Packers get rid of him so he can go to the Raiders :biggrin:

What say you?

Aaron747

Re: Aaron Rodgers debacle

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:22 pm

He could have settled this easily by offering public proof of his supposed allergy to a vaccine ingredient. Most people are claiming PEG allergy, but that seems very unlikely for Rodgers since its in all kinds of household and locker room stuff and they would have been accommodating him for years.

The thing is he lost respect from a lot of people, and probably would have just done better to say 'I lied, was trying to avoid trouble with the league' etc. Now he's doubling down on being wrong, and that's what idiots do.

casinterest

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:27 pm

Rodgers lied. Not what you want from a leader. However the current GB W/L stats indicate that no one is going to do much about it.

Tugger

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:06 pm

What's most annoying is his whining that he has been "cancelled" yadda yadda yadda... He brings up his "good friend" Joe Rogan, well Joe did it right. Outright. Open and honest about it, unlike Mr. Rodgers.

Seriously, no one is cancelling you Aaron, you were just stupid and got caught and now people are calling you out. You fudged (lied) to your teammates and fans and the press and public. Just be a man and face the consequences.

Tugg

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:23 pm

Tugger wrote:
What's most annoying is his whining that he has been "cancelled" yadda yadda yadda... He brings up his "good friend" Joe Rogan, well Joe did it right. Outright. Open and honest about it, unlike Mr. Rodgers.

Seriously, no one is cancelling you Aaron, you were just stupid and got caught and now people are calling you out. You fudged (lied) to your teammates and fans and the press and public. Just be a man and face the consequences.

Tugg

Kind of think the NFL has some blame here. When they were going ahead with their season they should have had a more hands on approach to getting their players vaccinated and should have not have taken his word that he was and refused him to play and be with his team.

Tugger

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:29 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Kind of think the NFL has some blame here. When they were going ahead with their season they should have had a more hands on approach to getting their players vaccinated and should have not have taken his word that he was and refused him to play and be with his team.

Yeah, I don't disagree. The NFL definitely erred, though I don't know what the NFLPA contracts limits them to. I think they wanted to be:

Still Rodgers is the one that said it and made it seem like he had been... immunized... and he did it so he could have his vaccinated cake and eat it too.

Tugg

par13del

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:17 pm

Funny thing about media bias, they asked if he was vaccinated and he said immunized and no one followed up and just let that go, I am seriously wondering whether this whole thing is on him or the media who were at that news conference and those who watched it later. Recently the media has been all up in anyone's business who has the brass to give an interview, but here.....things that make you say hmmm....did his knowing they love him assist his deceit?
So what did the NFL and the Packers know and when did they know it, so far it seems as if the only people who did not know is the media....go figure.

Bottom line, he heard the question, punted and now the joke is on, at least the USA is balanced, one on the east coast and another on the left coast.

flyingclrs727

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:51 pm

Would the Green Bay fans take Brett Favre back?

casinterest

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:13 pm

flyingclrs727 wrote:
Would the Green Bay fans take Brett Favre back?

They did. 6 years ago.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... /30363093/

Aaron747

Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:56 pm

Rodgers now taking ‘full responsibility’ for any confusion or perception of being misled he caused.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/aa ... d_nn_tw_ma

Translation: his sponsors called and said clean up your act or we’re out

ltbewr

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:22 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Rodgers now taking ‘full responsibility’ for any confusion or perception of being misled he caused.

He lost an endorsement deal with a regional medical services company. State Farm Insurance only had a few ads with him in this past weekends' NFL games TV coverage. He is out at least 1 game losing over $1 Million dollars. He may have cost his team a game and a possible playoff spot with big money involved to the teams owner and other payers. Lousing bit money will make you change your mind.

If he has a legit claim to an 'allergy' to something in the vaccines for Covid-19, then admit it. The team management was afraid of their big star to do the right thing by NFL and general health guidelines. Before the season, he jerked around the team, not participating in pre-season workouts and games, likely to limit injury risk but for more money, for better players to win, even encouraged a deal to another team to get paid more. Many football fans turned against him. He has been estranged from family members for a number of years.

Another arrogant jerk athlete who really isn't that smart.

ltbewr

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:26 am

ltbewr wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

He lost an endorsement deal with a regional medical services company. State Farm Insurance only had a few ads with him in this past weekends' NFL games TV coverage. He is out at least 1 game losing over $1 Million dollars. He may have cost his team a game and a possible playoff spot with big money involved to the teams owner and other payers. Losing that kind of money will make you change your mind.

If he has a legit claim to an 'allergy' to something in the vaccines for Covid-19, then admit it. The team management was afraid of their big star to do the right thing by NFL and general health guidelines. Before the season, he jerked around the team, not participating in pre-season workouts and games, likely to limit injury risk but for more money, for better players to win, even encouraged a deal to another team to get paid more. Many football fans turned against him. He also didn't use masks when required for his and others health safety at some press conferences, at a party and other public group events. He has been estranged from family members for a number of years.

Another arrogant jerk athlete who really isn't that smart. He needs to get the shots, use masks, take other sound public health precautions, and just STFU and play ball.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:39 am

Aaron747 wrote:

I am glad, he was in some serious denial.

Aaron747

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:56 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Doubling down on wrong and stupid is worse than denial LOL

johns624

Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:30 am

Wasn't he also upset before the season because the Packers drafted another QB? He must think he'll be around forever.

Aaron747

Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:51 am

johns624 wrote:
Wasn't he also upset before the season because the Packers drafted another QB? He must think he'll be around forever.

Dude's 37. He had better get that narcissistic personality disorder treated fast - in for a rude awakening when NFL is over.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:35 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Doubling down on wrong and stupid is worse than denial LOL

Yes he was starting to scare me as was the Packers which leads me to believe he may flee that team.

Aaron747 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Dude's 37. He had better get that narcissistic personality disorder treated fast - in for a rude awakening when NFL is over.

I would still take him over any NFL QB except Josh Allen

Aaron747

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:09 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Yeah but that's now. He'll be 42 in a few years and if he plans to work, had better improve that narcissism. Nobody wants to be around that.

ER757

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:41 pm

johns624 wrote:

Yeah he was all pouty and upset. He's a great QB, probably the best in the league, but he's a class A prick. Many former teammates have commented on what a jerk he is and his off-season shenanigans as well as this episode show he is clearly not all in as a team player. He's concerned about himself far more - tough for the team and fans alike. The Pack won't win without him so you have to tolerate him and just respect him for his talent. Just look at last Sunday's game - they'd have beat KC by two touchdowns if he could have played, but instead they take the L

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:50 pm

That he’s a stupid, narcissistic, over paid jerk sports figure is a surprise to anyone is the real shocker. It’s almost a CV requirement and the very few that aren’t are hated for not being one.

If it weren’t for old guys with money, these rich sports figures would be hoisting boxes at an Amazon fulfillment building.

StarAC17

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:31 pm

johns624 wrote:

To correct, they drafted Jordan Love last year before the 2020 season. This offseason he was threatening to leave because he wants weapons which the Packers haven't provided.

He is in comparison to the weapons Brady has but he might want to look in the mirror to see why receivers don't want to play with him but will take paycuts to go to Tampa to play with TB12.

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
That he’s a stupid, narcissistic, over paid jerk sports figure is a surprise to anyone is the real shocker. It’s almost a CV requirement and the very few that aren’t are hated for not being one.

If it weren’t for old guys with money, these rich sports figures would be hoisting boxes at an Amazon fulfillment building.

Its ironic he plays for the only team in North American sports owned by a conglomerate of shareholders and not a billionaire individual or a family.

FGITD

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:34 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Not far from the truth. I’ve worked in pretty close proximity to professional athletes. Even the “lesser” pros are still a bit like that. You gotta realize most of them have been praised for their abilities at this sport their entire lives. They’ve known they would probably go pro and make millions since they were teenagers. It definitely effects development and maturity.

It’s not all of them. Some are very well spoken, charismatic, or extremely well educated. I recall one player who was literally a biophysicist as a side job.

But for most, life after middle school becomes “learn ball game to be good”

johns624

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:03 pm

FGITD wrote:

It’s not all of them. Some are very well spoken, charismatic, or extremely well educated. I recall one player who was literally a biophysicist as a side job.

I was always impressed by Robert Smith, who played for Ohio State and the Vikings.

Revelation

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:45 pm

The fines are out. Someone did the math, and if you scale the fine to the amount he's getting paid vs the average income, it's the equivalent of Aaron being fined $33 for lying about being vaccinated and violating covid protocols.

Some cute nicknames I've heard for him:
  • Kaaron Rodgers
  • Qaaron
  • "A Positive"

ltbewr wrote:
He lost an endorsement deal with a regional medical services company. State Farm Insurance only had a few ads with him in this past weekends' NFL games TV coverage. He is out at least 1 game losing over $1 Million dollars. He may have cost his team a game and a possible playoff spot with big money involved to the teams owner and other payers. Lousing bit money will make you change your mind.

I think players still get paid while on the covid list.

ltbewr wrote:
Another arrogant jerk athlete who really isn't that smart.

We all have antivaxxers in our lives. It's so sad that so many people think they know more than virologists and immunologists. It's so sad that major media companies are making big profits while spreading divisive misinformation that takes advantage of ignorant people. It's so sad to see people crying at bed sides or at grave sides saying if they only knew what they now know.

Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Yeah but that's now. He'll be 42 in a few years and if he plans to work, had better improve that narcissism. Nobody wants to be around that.

The man has generational wealth. Hope he isn't as stupid about investing as he is about antiviruses.

Aaron747 wrote:
SOP in most leagues (except NBA) with high profile criminal matters now is that person becomes persona non grata everywhere.

That, and speaking out about racial injustice, will get you banned from the NFL. Gotta keep the slaves on the plantation, you know.

casinterest

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Revelation wrote:
The fines are out. Someone did the math, and if you scale the fine to the amount he's getting paid vs the average income, it's the equivalent of Aaron being fined $33 for lying about being vaccinated and violating covid protocols.

Some cute nicknames I've heard for him:
  • Kaaron Rodgers
  • Qaaron
  • "A Positive"

The NFL screwed up royally with this low fine. I think that Ceedee Lamb had a great point about his fine for a uniform violation being higher than Aaron's fine for lying and violating league covid protocols.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -confused/

He lost $5,150 for a first infraction of the league’s ticky-tacky uniform rules after the Eagles game in Week 3. Lamb didn’t have his jersey tucked into his game pants. After the Week 4 game, Lamb saw his paycheck dockeed $15,450 for a second violation.

The NFL also fined him $10,300 for waving at Patriots cornerback Jalen Mills after Lamb’s game-winning touchdown catch in overtime in Week 6.

Revelation

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:38 pm

casinterest wrote:
The NFL screwed up royally with this low fine. I think that Ceedee Lamb had a great point about his fine for a uniform violation being higher than Aaron's fine for lying and violating league covid protocols.

He lost $5,150 for a first infraction of the league’s ticky-tacky uniform rules after the Eagles game in Week 3. Lamb didn’t have his jersey tucked into his game pants. After the Week 4 game, Lamb saw his paycheck dockeed $15,450 for a second violation.

The NFL also fined him $10,300 for waving at Patriots cornerback Jalen Mills after Lamb’s game-winning touchdown catch in overtime in Week 6.

NFL fines are nonsense.

"Deflategate" should have been a $25k equipment fine. NFL justified throwing the book because of some integrity of the game nonsense. Who cares if a given QB wants the balls with more air or less air? Give the equipment fine and move on. NFL showed they don't even understand how air pressure changes with temperature, high school level science. MIN was shown warming up the balls in violation of the rules, yet no fine.

Meanwhile, a player who is not vaccinated is allowed to go around without a mask, putting his whole team, staff and players, at risk. He lies about it to the media. So, what was that about integrity?

casinterest

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:48 pm

Revelation wrote:
casinterest wrote:

NFL fines are nonsense.

"Deflategate" should have been a $25k equipment fine. NFL justified throwing the book because of some integrity of the game nonsense. Who cares if a given QB wants the balls with more air or less air? Give the equipment fine and move on. NFL showed they don't even understand how air pressure changes with temperature, high school level science. MIN was shown warming up the balls in violation of the rules, yet no fine.

Meanwhile, a player who is not vaccinated is allowed to go around without a mask, putting his whole team, staff and players, at risk. He lies about it to the media. So, what was that about integrity?

NFL. Someone else could do it better, but they don't have the monopoly :)

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:22 pm

Revelation wrote:
casinterest wrote:

NFL fines are nonsense.

NFL player union is way too powerful.

StarAC17

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:52 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Revelation wrote:
casinterest wrote:

NFL fines are nonsense.

NFL player union is way too powerful.

Regarding deflate-gate I think the Patriots were warned before and also there was a big coverup surrounding this. The penalty should have been a small fine and a slap on the wrist but when you deceive and not cooperate the NFL they will make you pay and that is what they did here.

The NFL is woefully inconsistent which drives fans and teams crazy. Brady got 4 games for deflategate, Ray Rice initially got 2 for an assault. Which is worse? They should set an example here and suspend Rodgers for 6 games.

It may be somewhat powerful but the NFLPA is the least powerful players union among the big 4 sports in North America. I also don't think from the reports that the NFLPA is in any rush to defend Rodgers for his actions.

seb146

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:27 pm

I thought celebrities were not allowed to give their opinions and, if they did, they are terrible and "woke" and need to be quiet? What happened?

Get vaccinated, don't get vaccinated.... my body, my choice (which, oddly, only applies to this one vaccine and literally nothing else...) just don't lie about it and don't get all offended and whiny when there are consequences for not being vaccinated.

ltbewr

Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:59 am

Aaron Rogers along with the NFLPA is fighting any mandate of their employer teams or the NFL to get the Covid-19 vaccines and follow other health rules like use of masks, as part of a strong anti-management attitude by many players on other issues (wanting more money, CTE, bad calls, behavior rules enforced unevenly).
Arron Rogers has become a perverse celebrity hero of about 20% of adult Americans who have refused to get the vaccine out of political reasons, believing all the false information about them, believe they have absolute control of their bodies, have rights to not disclose medical information to an employer or government under medical privacy laws or don't trust government.

johns624

Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:59 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Aaron Rogers along with the NFLPA is fighting any mandate of their employer teams or the NFL to get the Covid-19 vaccines and follow other health rules like use of masks, as part of a strong anti-management attitude by many players on other issues (wanting more money, CTE, bad calls, behavior rules enforced unevenly).
Most sports teams are owned by billionaires who use it as a hobby. Very few have it as their main business interest. Maybe they should just shut down the league and let the players use their college degrees to earn a living. I'm sure there are plenty of well-paying jobs available for jocks with BAs in Communication or Phys Ed...not!

seb146

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:03 pm

johns624 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Most sports teams are owned by billionaires who use it as a hobby. Very few have it as their main business interest. Maybe they should just shut down the league and let the players use their college degrees to earn a living. I'm sure there are plenty of well-paying jobs available for jocks with BAs in Communication or Phys Ed...not!

Actually, many players have good degrees in many different fields. None of which pay what they get now, so shutting down is not an option.

johns624

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:12 pm

seb146 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Actually, many players have good degrees in many different fields. None of which pay what they get now, so shutting down is not an option.
Which would mean the players union wouldn't be very strong.

OA412

Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:20 pm

There is a separate thread on Henry Ruggs. Please stay on topic.