Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

B717fan
Topic Author

Steve Bannon indicted for contempt of Congress.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:05 pm

phatfarmlines

Re: Steve Bannon indicted for contempt of Congress.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:21 pm

I bet he's waiting for a potential Trump 2024 re-election so he can get pardoned.

NIKV69

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:23 pm

[photoid][/photoid]
B717fan wrote:

Wesley Snipes did more time in jail than Bannon will for this I am sure.

johns624

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:52 pm

phatfarmlines wrote:
I bet he's waiting for a potential Trump 2024 re-election so he can get pardoned.
I bet he's also waiting for Trump to pony up for his defense fees...and waiting...and waiting...

Ken777

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:21 pm

It took a while for text DoJ to go through their process but the Grand Jury did their job when the package was ready for them.

Now we are going to see how those following Bannon will "adjust' to those indictments. If nothing else the legal fees are going to wake some of them up. Lawyers are not going to be cheap, nor is bail if you have yo pay it out of your savings.

I don't look to Donald Trump to help with legal fees - he only helps himself to that money.

johns624

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:45 pm

Ken777 wrote:
It took a while for text DoJ to go through their process but the Grand Jury did their job when the package was ready for them.

Now we are going to see how those following Bannon will "adjust' to those indictments. If nothing else the legal fees are going to wake some of them up. Lawyers are not going to be cheap, nor is bail if you have yo pay it out of your savings.

I don't look to Donald Trump to help with legal fees - he only helps himself to that money.
I also think it may be harder to find a first rate lawyer to take the case. Trump's cause doesn't have the appeal that it did a year ago. Many firms don't want to be associated with it. I'm sure enough money could get you a good lawyer, but whether these people can afford that level is debatable.

Aaron747

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:25 am

This is good news - this guy gleefully adds to division to serve his personal vendettas and sleeps perfectly well knowing his little scheme got people killed.

Newark727

Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:16 am

Guy's a slimeball. Nail him to the damn wall.

seb146

Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:00 am

Aaron747 wrote:
This is good news - this guy gleefully adds to division to serve his personal vendettas and sleeps perfectly well knowing his little scheme got people killed.

I think this is another thing Democrats can run on in 2022. Garland is not enforcing any laws. They can now see what a right wing nut they turned down to place right wing nuts on the courts with. Garland needs to be removed and replaced with someone who will enforce federal law.

People were murdered in the name of right wing domestic terrorism. And Republicans (right wing) do not care at all. They blame Biden. For some reason.

ltbewr

Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:42 am

Bannon has a few options. Not answer the Subpoena at all and possibly face jail time. Continue to refuse to appear, making a statement that until the issue of 'executive privilege' as to former Pres. Trump is resolved by the US Supreme Court. Goes to court on enforcement as to himself of the subpoena all the way to the Supreme Court. Appear but respond to any questions or only 'I plead the 5th Amendment'. Force a 100% immunity deal before he speaks. Allegedly he is an alcoholic or dependent on alcohol so hides out 'in rehab' to delay his appearance. His (and Trump's) goal is to delay the investigation of the 1/6 terrorist attack on the Capitol until the possible taking of control of the Congress in the 2022 elections where the investigations would be ended.

Bannon was involved in a conspiracy to commit sedition, encourage acts of terrorism to carry it out at the Capitol on 1/6/21 to violently reverse the will of the voters per the Constitution as to the Presidential election of 2020. He should face criminal charges that should result in being jailed for the rest of his life based on already public released info as to the terrorism of 1/6/21.

seb146

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:06 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Bannon has a few options. Not answer the Subpoena at all and possibly face jail time. Continue to refuse to appear, making a statement that until the issue of 'executive privilege' as to former Pres. Trump is resolved by the US Supreme Court. Goes to court on enforcement as to himself of the subpoena all the way to the Supreme Court. Appear but respond to any questions or only 'I plead the 5th Amendment'. Force a 100% immunity deal before he speaks. Allegedly he is an alcoholic or dependent on alcohol so hides out 'in rehab' to delay his appearance. His (and Trump's) goal is to delay the investigation of the 1/6 terrorist attack on the Capitol until the possible taking of control of the Congress in the 2022 elections where the investigations would be ended.

Bannon was involved in a conspiracy to commit sedition, encourage acts of terrorism to carry it out at the Capitol on 1/6/21 to violently reverse the will of the voters per the Constitution as to the Presidential election of 2020. He should face criminal charges that should result in being jailed for the rest of his life based on already public released info as to the terrorism of 1/6/21.

The claims of executive privilege have been denied

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/0 ... ngs-520512

Lock them up!

NIKV69

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:10 pm

seb146 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I think this is another thing Democrats can run on in 2022. Garland is not enforcing any laws. They can now see what a right wing nut they turned down to place right wing nuts on the courts with. Garland needs to be removed and replaced with someone who will enforce federal law.

People were murdered in the name of right wing domestic terrorism. And Republicans (right wing) do not care at all. They blame Biden. For some reason.

They did this past election and got clobbered so I agree I hope they run on this tired media talking point.

kaitak

Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:57 am

I would love to understand that guy; he is utterly contemptible, from what little I know of him - and that's down to his dress sense. I would like to know his philosophy and vision and what made him follow someone like DT. Why do people like this attract each other?

I disagree strongly with virtually everything he stands for, but I would like to understand his world view in greater detail and what his long term goal for America is.

I strongly hope that he will see the inside of a jail cell for this. No one should believe that they can simply ignore a sub poena without consequences. At the very least, it should ensure that SB is better dressed inside prison than outside.

casinterest

Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:14 pm

The wheels of justice are slowly turning, and it should send extra special chills down the spines of the 147 congressional GOP members that went along with the plot to overthrow the legal and fair election.

There are ramifications to not obeying an order to report to court and to congress. Bannon and others are either going to go to jail for the big lie, or they will have to perjure themselves further in a court of law, as others go and tell the truth,

casinterest

Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:22 pm

And it looks like Mark Meadows will be the next one indicted.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/14/politics ... index.html

"We have been moving very quickly to make these decisions and I'm confident we'll move very quickly with respect to Mr. Meadows also," California Rep. Adam Schiff said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press." "But when ultimately witnesses decide, as Meadows has, that they're not even going to bother showing up, that they have that much contempt for the law, then it pretty much forces our hand, and we'll move quickly."

If their proof was so overwhelming, their cause so pure, and their intentions all good. why do they fear an honest day in front of Congress?

seb146

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:16 pm

If these people are so innocent, why are they working so hard to hide their involvement?

petertenthije

Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:36 pm

seb146 wrote:
If these people are so innocent, why are they working so hard to hide their involvement?

Must be their legendary modesty!