Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

johns624

Re: VP Harris feels "constrained" politically

Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:33 pm

M564038 wrote:
The far left is not politically represented nationally in the US. The democratic party is centrist and the republican is far right. It is pretty easy to verify this by comparing with the rest of the known planet.

The «both are equally bad» BS couldn’t be more wrong as far as the US is concerned.
The far left is represented, it's just that Pelosi has them more under control. Tlaib, Bush, Omar and Jayapal are a bunch of idiots. They are under better control than the right wing idiots--MTG, Broebert, etc.

stratosphere

Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:42 pm

M564038 wrote:
You guys really go all out with the gaslighting, don’t you.
Biden and Harris, are the 2 most rock solid, completely neutral, morally fit and mainstream middle of the road people on the american continent, but that doesn’t stop you, does it?
There is just no honesty or honor on the right.
None.

This is a joke right? Biden doesn't know what planet he is on unless his handlers tell him. Harris is totally phony and has no connection with people. People see her as disingenuous that is why she polled in the signal digits in her presidential run. But of course she can't be criticized without the media and Jen Psaki saying it is because she is a woman and a woman of color...Uh no it isn't. Biden could have made a number of better choices then her.. Val Demmings would have been one of them. Heck even Stacey Abrams would have been a better choice.

Aaron747

Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:33 pm

johns624 wrote:
M564038 wrote:
The far left is not politically represented nationally in the US. The democratic party is centrist and the republican is far right. It is pretty easy to verify this by comparing with the rest of the known planet.

The «both are equally bad» BS couldn’t be more wrong as far as the US is concerned.
The far left is represented, it's just that Pelosi has them more under control. Tlaib, Bush, Omar and Jayapal are a bunch of idiots. They are under better control than the right wing idiots--MTG, Broebert, etc.

This is a mostly accurate take. A little pushback on Omar though - her foreign policy views are actually very pragmatic and have been mischaracterized time and again by media jackals.

LittleFokker

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:27 pm

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/19/10572264 ... rm=nprnews

Yes, it's just going so horribly for Harris...that she actually gets to be President (albeit for an hour or so). This whole thread has been the A.net conservatives showing off on how dumb they are.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:33 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
https://www.npr.org/2021/11/19/1057226411/harris-will-be-the-1st-woman-and-asian-american-to-hold-presidential-power-brief?utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews

Yes, it's just going so horribly for Harris...that she actually gets to be President (albeit for an hour or so). This whole thread has been the A.net conservatives showing off on how dumb they are.

Again I will ask why are you making this about the GOP? The people that leaked this story and who are driving the bus are not members of the GOP and they are letting it be known she is not liked in her own party and should not run for president in the next cycle. Instead of using the talking points read what is right in front of you, The Dem party sees her and Biden approval numbers and are doing damage control and Harris does not like it.

casinterest

Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:20 pm

Well like it or not , Harris has been the acting president this morning. First time a woman has held that role.

https://www.dw.com/en/us-kamala-harris- ... a-59883548

skyservice_330

Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:42 pm

With GOP elected members (Gosar) openly suggesting violence and death against their political opponents.. or, at minimum, making light of it... might not be a bad idea for the VP to be keeping her head down and keeping a low profile. After the Jan 6 events, violence can no longer be discounted as a means that some will pursue.

seb146

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:46 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The problem, however, is Republicans have started passing sweeping and draconian laws to ensure they are in power and no one else. Many of us, myself included, want to see more parties gaining power. We are sick and tired of this two party system. Thanks to Republicans, we are headed to a one-party system, which is the opposite of what many Americans want.

Stop trying to make this a GOP thing. It isn't. The far left is just as bad as the far right. We need a third party in this country but it's sure not just the GOP's fault.

Republicans are still supporting the attempted coup of 1/6. Very, very few of them have spoken out against it. Many of them are demanding their dear leader be reinstated because of "the big steal" and Republican leaders in Republican controlled states have gone so far as to make it illegal for any other party to hold office.

Now, with all those FACTS on the table, please tell us what Democratic controlled states are making it impossible for anyone else to vote? Please tell us how Democrats are planning to overthrow the government?

Both sides do it is ever a valid argument. Ever. Clearly, both sides do not do it.

johns624

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
Republican leaders in Republican controlled states have gone so far as to make it illegal for any other party to hold office.

Now, with all those FACTS on the table, please tell us what Democratic controlled states are making it impossible for anyone else to vote?
There you go with your hyperbole again. You need to get a grip on your emotions.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:52 pm

casinterest wrote:
Well like it or not , Harris has been the acting president this morning. First time a woman has held that role.

Well thankfully it will be the last time she holds it.

seb146 wrote:

Republicans are still supporting the attempted coup of 1/6. Very, very few of them have spoken out against it. Many of them are demanding their dear leader be reinstated because of "the big steal" and Republican leaders in Republican controlled states have gone so far as to make it illegal for any other party to hold office.

Now, with all those FACTS on the table, please tell us what Democratic controlled states are making it impossible for anyone else to vote? Please tell us how Democrats are planning to overthrow the government?

Both sides do it is ever a valid argument. Ever. Clearly, both sides do not do it.

What does any of this have to do with the leak of info that VP harris is not happy with her role in the WH? I've asked you many times can you stop hijacking topics here?

seb146

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:53 pm

johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Republican leaders in Republican controlled states have gone so far as to make it illegal for any other party to hold office.

Now, with all those FACTS on the table, please tell us what Democratic controlled states are making it impossible for anyone else to vote?
There you go with your hyperbole again. You need to get a grip on your emotions.

Prove me wrong

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-aven ... democracy/
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/09/01 ... eg-abbott/
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 622941001/
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... tober-2021

M564038

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:04 pm

You need to sit down and listen to grown ups, Nik. Your political «analysis» have shown themselves to be wrong 99% of more of the time. Or more.
Things are connected differently to what you think, it seems to me you have little understanding of the basic workings of society. Wether Harris’ is an important, relevant figure for the future is very much a case of what illegal, undemocratic shenanigans the republicans comes up with next.

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

seb146 wrote:

What does any of this have to do with the leak of info that VP harris is not happy with her role in the WH? I've asked you many times can you stop hijacking topics here?

johns624

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Prove me wrong

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-aven ... democracy/
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/09/01 ... eg-abbott/
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 622941001/
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... tober-2021
Look up the definition of "hyperbole" and once you understand what it means, get back with me.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:12 pm

M564038 wrote:
You need to sit down and listen to grown ups, Nik. Your political «analysis» have shown themselves to be wrong 99% of more of the time. Or more.
Things are connected differently to what you think, it seems to me you have little understanding of the basic workings of society. Wether Harris’ is an important, relevant figure for the future is very much a case of what illegal, undemocratic shenanigans the republicans comes up with next.

What are you talking about? Her own party feels this way about her. Why do you keep bringing Republicans into this? It sure seems you are the one with little understanding and can't handle the fact Harris' political career is ending. I am 99% wrong all the time? Sure ok. Well I think we will see another wave election next year. Like I said in 2010. I was right about 2010 and will be right next November. Again, this story was leaked and is being driven by Democrats, not Republicans. Have you seen her approval rating? That also is not solely Republican. The middle of the electorate is speaking and trust me they are not all republican. Stop making up stuff about undemocratic stuff. It's so lame and obviously not true.

casinterest

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:35 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Really? You do not understand the US at all do you or the laws? Or are you threatening the VP?

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:43 pm

casinterest wrote:

Really? You do not understand the US at all do you or the laws? Or are you threatening the VP?

I understand perfectly, I am also confident Biden will complete his term and will not be re-elected and if she is foolish to run in another primary. I mean she didn't make it to the first vote in the last primary and she approval rating is worse now so. Also to answer your ridiculous question No I am not threatening anyone. You are free to go back to your struggle to grasp the fact Harris is done politically.

casinterest

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:49 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I understand perfectly, I am also confident Biden will complete his term and will not be re-elected and if she is foolish to run in another primary. I mean she didn't make it to the first vote in the last primary and she approval rating is worse now so. Also to answer your ridiculous question No I am not threatening anyone. You are free to go back to your struggle to grasp the fact Harris is done politically.

So now you deflect from your lack of knowledge about how the US Government works into a wild right wing rant about politics being pushed by right wing media ?

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:01 pm

casinterest wrote:

So now you deflect from your lack of knowledge about how the US Government works into a wild right wing rant about politics being pushed by right wing media ?

Wow, ok you are not listening so we are done here. I will say this one last time since you are pushing this "rightwing media" thing. The people that leaked this are in the white house. They are not right wing, The people that are pushing this are not right wing. It's apparent Harris is not happy and there is some trouble in the WH. Also her approval ratings are a real thing. They aren't right wing or left wing but they are very bad and things popping up from her own party are suggesting she doesn't run in the next primary. Read a good article on this. (It's not right wing either)

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... -democrats

When you have some knowledge on this story than come back to me and we can discuss this without the baseless bomb throwing and bringing in people who have nothing to do with this.

casinterest

Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:11 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Wow, ok you are not listening so we are done here. I will say this one last time since you are pushing this "rightwing media" thing. The people that leaked this are in the white house. They are not right wing, The people that are pushing this are not right wing. It's apparent Harris is not happy and there is some trouble in the WH. Also her approval ratings are a real thing. They aren't right wing or left wing but they are very bad and things popping up from her own party are suggesting she doesn't run in the next primary. Read a good article on this. (It's not right wing either)

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... -democrats

When you have some knowledge on this story than come back to me and we can discuss this without the baseless bomb throwing and bringing in people who have nothing to do with this.

The original article was about being constrained after 10 months in a job. You are Marely lobbing bombs about right wing take downs of people that don't coddle traitors.

seb146

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:42 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
M564038 wrote:

What are you talking about? Her own party feels this way about her. Why do you keep bringing Republicans into this? It sure seems you are the one with little understanding and can't handle the fact Harris' political career is ending. I am 99% wrong all the time? Sure ok. Well I think we will see another wave election next year. Like I said in 2010. I was right about 2010 and will be right next November. Again, this story was leaked and is being driven by Democrats, not Republicans. Have you seen her approval rating? That also is not solely Republican. The middle of the electorate is speaking and trust me they are not all republican. Stop making up stuff about undemocratic stuff. It's so lame and obviously not true.

She has been doing what many other VPs have done: nothing. But, you are taking a victory lap for 2024 over her defeat. Pence made a couple of controversial speeches during his time in office but, other than that, did nothing. Cheney shot a guy in the face on a hunting trip but, other than that, did nothing. They were wildly unpopular and I can dig up polls that prove my point. I can also dig up polls that show Harris is extremely popular. It's all in what you look for.

EA CO AS

Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:40 pm

seb146 wrote:
I can also dig up polls that show Harris is extremely popular.

“Is” extremely popular would imply that she is now, or within a period of time reasonably close to now. You SURE you can find multiple polls showing that? I’d be shocked if you could find ONE showing she’s above water.

Aaron747

Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:43 pm

seb146 wrote:
[Pence made a couple of controversial speeches during his time in office but, other than that, did nothing. Cheney shot a guy in the face on a hunting trip but, other than that, did nothing. They were wildly unpopular and I can dig up polls that prove my point. I can also dig up polls that show Harris is extremely popular. It's all in what you look for.

I already stated upthread there is a lot of precedent in recent history for VPs becoming unpopular - it's the risk they run. I challenge you to make good on presenting polling that shows Harris is 'extremely popular' - because that just isn't so.

johns624

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:39 pm

seb146 wrote:
I can also dig up polls that show Harris is extremely popular. It's all in what you look for.
We're waiting....and waiting...

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:18 am

johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I can also dig up polls that show Harris is extremely popular. It's all in what you look for.

Why do you need a poll now? She didn't even make it to the voting stage of the primary when she ran for president the first time. The Democratic party knows she isn't popular and loses any election she runs in. Why do you think the story of her disdain for how she is being treated got leaked?

Aaron747

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:35 am

NIKV69 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The Democratic party knows she isn't popular and loses any election she runs in.

Well just like the poll claim, this isn't entirely accurate either. She won her first CA AG election by a hair, but won reelection over a GOP challenger by 15 points and won her Senate seat carrying all but four CA counties - not easy to do. She won her first DA election in SF over an incumbent by attacking his low conviction rate and playing up weak prosecutions of domestic violence. So her record is a bit hit and miss, but she has been an aggressive campaigner and winner more often than not. Her first real zinger of a loss was the DNC primary, but that only speaks to an inability to win recognition at the national level. Some analysts suggested her aggressive campaigning in the DNC primary was too Trumpian for Dem tastes, and they are probably right.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:00 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
. Her first real zinger of a loss was the DNC primary, but that only speaks to an inability to win recognition at the national level. Some analysts suggested her aggressive campaigning in the DNC primary was too Trumpian for Dem tastes, and they are probably right.

To win national office you have to appeal to independents not just members of your own party. She is fringe and refuses to move to the middle. We are seeing this rejected time and time again like we did in Virginia. The in your face, far left AOC MSNBC stuff is being rejected time and time again. I have said listen to Manchin and Sinema but the party keeps pushing them away. Well that is why moderates in the party are trying to distance themselves from Harris because she doesn't have a chance in 2024, Biden doesn't have much chance if he makes it past his first term and they need a candidate that can actually win the election.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:17 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
. Her first real zinger of a loss was the DNC primary, but that only speaks to an inability to win recognition at the national level. Some analysts suggested her aggressive campaigning in the DNC primary was too Trumpian for Dem tastes, and they are probably right.

To win national office you have to appeal to independents not just members of your own party. She is fringe and refuses to move to the middle. We are seeing this rejected time and time again like we did in Virginia. The in your face, far left AOC MSNBC stuff is being rejected time and time again. I have said listen to Manchin and Sinema but the party keeps pushing them away. Well that is why moderates in the party are trying to distance themselves from Harris because she doesn't have a chance in 2024, Biden doesn't have much chance if he makes it past his first term and they need a candidate that can actually win the election.

Again this is an inaccurate take. Right wing pundits slapped misinformation labels on Harris like 'most liberal senator' and other nonsense. She is not an AOC clone by any measure - AOC is against large corporations, Harris has protected them and shielded them from prosecution in some cases - particularly tech, healthcare, and finance. AOC is against a tough stance on crime, while Harris drew the ire of California progressives, especially minorities, by refusing to go soft on technicalities and pursuing maximum sentencing on numerous occasions. The CA electorate is 30% independent, and Harris could not have won elections there without appealing to them. Right wing media never mentioned those points in their coverage of her - so that's automatically a false narrative. Might help to read beyond headlines or TV talking points when discussing people with a long track record.

stratosphere

Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Again this is an inaccurate take. Right wing pundits slapped misinformation labels on Harris like 'most liberal senator' and other nonsense. She is not an AOC clone by any measure - AOC is against large corporations, Harris has protected them and shielded them from prosecution in some cases - particularly tech, healthcare, and finance. AOC is against a tough stance on crime, while Harris drew the ire of California progressives, especially minorities, by refusing to go soft on technicalities and pursuing maximum sentencing on numerous occasions. The CA electorate is 30% independent, and Harris could not have won elections there without appealing to them. Right wing media never mentioned those points in their coverage of her - so that's automatically a false narrative. Might help to read beyond headlines or TV talking points when discussing people with a long track record.

You can make all the apologies you want for Harris. Bottom line she was very unpopular before she even got to the VP position. She comes across as very phony and will change her position in a flash. But can't hold that against her I guess most politicians are liars are phony and self serving. Harris just is bad at hiding it.

seb146

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:10 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I lived in California while she was AG and felt she was too conservative, politically. But, because she had a (D) behind her name, she is an unhinged lunatic liberal. She actually does reach across the aisle and does have support of moderates. But, right wing media keeps this narrative of how insanely liberal she is because AOC and socialism and California. This is why Harris does not enjoy the popularity on the right.

Manchin and Sinema want to push the country farther to the right. They side with Republicans more often than independents or their own party. This is why Democrats are pushing them away. They are not moderate by any means.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:39 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

You can make all the apologies you want for Harris. Bottom line she was very unpopular before she even got to the VP position. She comes across as very phony and will change her position in a flash. But can't hold that against her I guess most politicians are liars are phony and self serving. Harris just is bad at hiding it.

Not apologizing for her - correcting a false narrative with facts. There is no emotion in my statements about Harris - I have been clear on strengths and weaknesses.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:39 pm

seb146 wrote:

I lived in California while she was AG and felt she was too conservative, politically. But, because she had a (D) behind her name, she is an unhinged lunatic liberal. She actually does reach across the aisle and does have support of moderates. But, right wing media keeps this narrative of how insanely liberal she is because AOC and socialism and California. This is why Harris does not enjoy the popularity on the right.

For the most part Harris' approval numbers are in the toilet and she won't be running for any other office because she has failed in her tasks as VP. Also she is horrible talking to the media. Did Biden set her up to fail? It's plausible but as I have said the GOP and Right have nothing to do with this. Her own party wants her out. Let's come to grips with that instead of the word salad identity politics stuff.

cairns

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:56 pm

The most disliked VP in history. I hope and pray she's the Democratic candidate next time around. It will be McGovern all over again.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:05 pm

cairns wrote:
The most disliked VP in history. I hope and pray she's the Democratic candidate next time around. It will be McGovern all over again.

Methinks one might benefit from reading more history: before becoming the worst President, Andrew Johnson took the VP oath while visibly drunk. Spiro Agnew had to resign as VP after being indicted for tax evasion and bribery, and was so disliked by POTUS that Nixon joked ‘nobody will shoot me because they’d get Agnew for POTUS’.

seb146

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:27 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

For the most part Harris' approval numbers are in the toilet and she won't be running for any other office because she has failed in her tasks as VP.

What tasks are those? Recall that Pence failed at his task of reinstalling his king but he is willing to run, if his god does not.