Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

B717fan
Topic Author

Car drives through parade in Waukesha, Wisc

Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:57 pm

Reports of an incident involving gunfire and a SUV driving through a holiday parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Multiple people injured.
https://www.jsonline.com/story/communit ... 714041002/

B717fan
Topic Author

Re: Car drives through parade in Waukesha, Wisc

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:38 am

More than 20 people injured, according to the Waukesha Police Chief.

johns624

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:47 am

...and it starts... :banghead:

B717fan
Topic Author

Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:27 am

Stop trying to make this into a partisan issue.

LCDFlight

Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:43 am

Sounds like terrorism.

ltbewr

Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:35 am

It may be the driver of the SUV was being chased and took a wrong turn or afraid of stopping. He also could have been drunk/high on drugs. In my hometown here in NJ, we have a Holiday parade this Saturday, one of biggest ones with decorated fire and related service vehicles in the USA. 1000's turn out in the streets to watch it go by, through intersections where risk of a vehicle getting onto the route like what happened in WI tonight. I suspect some additional precautions will be taken to limit the risk to watchers.

LHAM

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 am

That is Darrell Brooks Jr. who raps under the name MathBoi Fly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sc8VqvGdSk

edit for added info.

Redd

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:54 am

50-Page rap sheet for this guy. Sexual abuse, domestic abuse, burglary, distribution of narcotics, strangulation.... How was this guy not in jail on a life sentence?

https://heavy.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... -WORCS.pdf

Aaron747

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:04 am

Redd wrote:
50-Page rap sheet for this guy. Sexual abuse, domestic abuse, burglary, distribution of narcotics, strangulation.... How was this guy not in jail on a life sentence?

https://heavy.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... -WORCS.pdf

Usually charges don't stick or don't go to trial because of procedural errors that invalidate evidence. One of the reasons it's essential that prosecutors be competent and police follow chain of custody to a T. That doesn't erase a long rap sheet though and keeps miscreants like this dude on police radar.

ltbewr

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:35 am

Of course, the race (Black) and criminal record of the alleged driver got put out late last night to fuel even more the social tensions in this country, already at a high level from the acquittal of Rittenhouse of murder and other charges.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:38 am

ltbewr wrote:
It may be the driver of the SUV was being chased and took a wrong turn or afraid of stopping. He also could have been drunk/high on drugs. In my hometown here in NJ, we have a Holiday parade this Saturday, one of biggest ones with decorated fire and related service vehicles in the USA. 1000's turn out in the streets to watch it go by, through intersections where risk of a vehicle getting onto the route like what happened in WI tonight. I suspect some additional precautions will be taken to limit the risk to watchers.

Sure hope there are no more morons looking to hurt the innocent out celebrating.

NIKV69

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:54 am

ltbewr wrote:
Of course, the race (Black) and criminal record of the alleged driver got put out late last night to fuel even more the social tensions in this country, already at a high level from the acquittal of Rittenhouse of murder and other charges.

If some people can't handle the facts of the case that is one thing but this wasn't put out to fuel anything. I don't get why an acquittal of a white on white crime case would stoke racial tensions. Unless you are using it for an agenda.

Aaron747 wrote:

Sure hope there are no more morons looking to hurt the innocent out celebrating.

I would reserve judgement till some facts come out. I am sure this person of interest will lawyer up but hopefully he could tell us why he did this.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:22 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
I don't get why an acquittal of a white on white crime case would stoke racial tensions. Unless you are using it for an agenda.

Easy, because in Wisconsin, self defense defense only seems to work for certain people: white dude in Kenosha was trafficking girls, arrested for sex abuse and released w/o bail, then a black victim killed him a couple hours after he forced himself on her. She went up for first degree murder, not self defense. Disgusting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ng-murder/

johns624

Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:15 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Videos have been out there for awhile. This wasn't any accident or missed turn. It was intentional.

johns624

Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:16 pm

ltbewr wrote:
What's wrong with publishing facts?

phugoid1982

Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:21 pm

Apparently this dirtbag, apart from his other criminal acts, had a since taken down fb account where he spewed a lot of bile about wanting to kill white people and how to claim self-defense to get away with it. If so, this is essentially a hate crime but I doubt the MSM will ever report on it that way, let alone mention the race of the suspect, or downplay it. As others have said, facts are facts. Either way, that video is chilling, watching him rev up his SUV before just mowing down people. I just can't imagine having such utter disregard for human life.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:28 pm

phugoid1982 wrote:
Apparently this dirtbag, apart from his other criminal acts, had a since taken down fb account where he spewed a lot of bile about wanting to kill white people and how to claim self-defense to get away with it. If so, this is essentially a hate crime but I doubt the MSM will ever report on it that way, let alone mention the race of the suspect, or downplay it. As others have said, facts are facts. Either way, that video is chilling, watching him rev up his SUV before just mowing down people. I just can't imagine having such utter disregard for human life.

FB has been doing a terrible job of moderating and tracking hate speech, according to their own leaked internal reports. Not very surprising

casinterest

Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:09 pm

johns624 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Videos have been out there for awhile. This wasn't any accident or missed turn. It was intentional.

Reports are that he got out on Bail on Friday. There are also early reports that another crime involving a knife fight was committed prior to entering the parade route. The police have the suspect in custody. Now it will be another long wait to understand why so many people innocently lost their life.

MohawkWeekend

Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:38 pm

People are just going nuts everywhere. Maybe we need that drug from the book "1984". - Soma

PixelPilot

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:03 pm

ltbewr wrote:

Probably because Rittenhouse acted in self defense and had no prior criminal record so anybody could post it?
This guys just plowed through a parade with lots of kids. Let that sink in.

BlueberryWheats

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:08 pm

MohawkWeekend wrote:
People are just going nuts everywhere. Maybe we need that drug from the book "1984". - Soma

Soma is from Brave New World.

seb146

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:29 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

If some people can't handle the facts of the case that is one thing but this wasn't put out to fuel anything. I don't get why an acquittal of a white on white crime case would stoke racial tensions. Unless you are using it for an agenda.

So why didn't the media find a picture of him in a suit? Why is the first picture of him making him look like a monster. It's not like he marched toward a crowd with a loaded gun and opened fire because he felt some kind of way from his house 20 miles away....

PixelPilot

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:31 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

So why didn't the media find a picture of him in a suit? Why is the first picture of him making him look like a monster. It's not like he marched toward a crowd with a loaded gun and opened fire because he felt some kind of way from his house 20 miles away....

I'm just going to highlight this and leave it here for people to see what is your stance and view on people driving their cars through crowds of kids and their parents.
Also I posted a documentary in the Kyle thread.
I understand a lot of people are just activists and don't really care about facts but Kyle's trial opened a lot of eyes which makes me super happy.
Last edited by PixelPilot on Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seb146

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:33 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I'm just going to highlight this and leave it here for people to see what is your stance and view of people driving their cars through crowds of kids and their parents.

Actually, I was pointing out that when it is a minority accused of committing a crime, the media finds the worst possible picture of the accused but when it is a scared white boy, they find the most wholesome. Nice try, though...

PixelPilot

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:37 pm

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I'm just going to highlight this and leave it here for people to see what is your stance and view of people driving their cars through crowds of kids and their parents.

Actually, I was pointing out that when it is a minority accused of committing a crime, the media finds the worst possible picture of the accused but when it is a scared white boy, they find the most wholesome. Nice try, though...

Nobody is accusing him of anything because they don't have to. There are videos that show what he did. There's no doubt here.
Nice try though.

stratosphere

PixelPilot wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Probably because Rittenhouse acted in self defense and had no prior criminal record so anybody could post it?

Yeah and this guy also had just been released from jail on bail and was already in a knife fight and fleeing from that when he mowed down a bunch of people. But liberals don't want to see that fact. No lets have no cash bail and no police that's the ticket.

MohawkWeekend

BlueberryWheats wrote:
MohawkWeekend wrote:

Senior moment - maybe I need some. Or maybe prior use in my youth is why I can't remember now!

seb146

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:41 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Nobody is accusing him of anything because they don't have to. There are videos that show what he did. There's no doubt here.
Nice try though.

And, again, when it is a minority, no matter the circumstance, the worst possible picture is shown. All the unarmed Black people that have been murdered by cops are shown by their mug shot or smoking weed or posing with guns. People talk about equality and treat all Americans equally, but when we actually do that, one side complains.

stratosphere

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:44 pm

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Really ??? Like the picture of Michael Brown in Ferguson MO in his HS graduation picture instead of the thug he really was?. Or Travon Martin innocent picture of when he was like what 13 instead of his Facebook pictures of him waving guns giving the finger and a mouth full of gold teeth? No I know in your world only one side does these things and it's not your side.

PixelPilot

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:47 pm

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Nice try though.

And, again, when it is a minority, no matter the circumstance, the worst possible picture is shown. All the unarmed Black people that have been murdered by cops are shown by their mug shot or smoking weed or posing with guns. People talk about equality and treat all Americans equally, but when we actually do that, one side complains.

Not really. You seen the mugshots of the criminals that Kyle killed in self defense?
They seem pretty white to me and the photos reflect their behavioral patterns.
You don't see them often because they don't fit the narrative.

LCDFlight

Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:18 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Agreed, zero equivalence.

Violent crime is violent crime. Crime and non-crime are not equivalent. It is deeply nihilistic to suggest that they are. Chilling and sickening. IMO

BlueberryWheats

Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:32 pm

MohawkWeekend wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
MohawkWeekend wrote:

Senior moment - maybe I need some. Or maybe prior use in my youth is why I can't remember now!

I'd take Soma to control the population, over the measures used in 1984!

windy95

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:16 pm

ltbewr wrote:

If it had been a white Trump voter it would of been all over the news. But a white hating, Trump hating, BLM activist and life time criminal gets called a "person of interest".

Kno

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:21 pm

stratosphere wrote:
seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Really ??? Like the picture of Michael Brown in Ferguson MO in his HS graduation picture instead of the thug he really was?. Or Travon Martin innocent picture of when he was like what 13 instead of his Facebook pictures of him waving guns giving the finger and a mouth full of gold teeth? No I know in your world only one side does these things and it's not your side.

You lost me on mouth full of gold teeth, weird example - they don't make someone look more or less wholesome it's a pretty neutral style choice.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:29 pm

windy95 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

If it had been a white Trump voter it would of been all over the news. But a white hating, Trump hating, BLM activist and life time criminal gets called a "person of interest".

1. It was all over the news, like literally
2. ‘Person of interest’ is typically a direct quote from law enforcement
3. Andy Ngo was challenged to provide screenshot evidence that Brooks was a bona fide BLM activist and could not

The DL: Brooks is a bad guy, but that’s not an excuse for misinformation agents to get away with making shit up.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NIKV69

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 pm

seb146 wrote:

No he drove through a crowd with a deadly weapon he was driving because he felt some way.

johns624

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:49 pm

Kno wrote:

You lost me on mouth full of gold teeth, weird example - they don't make someone look more or less wholesome it's a pretty neutral style choice.
Where are gold teeth "a pretty neutral style choice"? I want to know so that I don't go there.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:52 pm

johns624 wrote:
Kno wrote:

Where are gold teeth "a pretty neutral style choice"? I want to know so that I don't go there.

On the A-team obviously :D

casinterest

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:04 pm

Wow. The suspect 39 year old Darrell Brooks was out on $1,000 dollar bail for running over someone on Nov 2.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/wiscon ... index.html

On Nov. 2, according to the complaint, Brooks ran over a woman with his car while she was walking through a gas station parking lot.

“Officers observed tire tracks on her left pants leg,” the criminal complaint claims.
Prosecutors filed five charges related to the incident: obstructing an officer; second-degree recklessly endangering safety, domestic abuse assessments; disorderly conduct, domestic abuse assessments; and misdemeanor battery, domestic abuse assessments.

Brooks was also charged with bail jumping, because he was already out on bail following a July 24, 2020, incident, according to court documents.

I have to imagine the DA and judge that let that bail occur are going to be on the hot seat.

He is also currently charged with 5 counts of intentional homicide for the parade attack.

"At this time, the Waukesha Police Department is referring five counts of first-degree intentional homicide, with additional charges based on the investigation," Thompson said speaking at a news conference this afternoon.

Aesma

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:56 pm

phugoid1982 wrote:

It's a hate crime/terrorism for sure.

What you mention about "how to claim self-defense to get away with it" is quite relevant to the Kyle Rittenhouse situation, though (and others before that).

SL1200MK2

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:13 am

[*]
johns624 wrote:
Kno wrote:

When I was a bit younger I had gold fronts and I’ve never been arrested for anything. In fact, I know far more folks with them that are not criminals than are. Also, teenagers of all races seem to enjoy flipping off the camera.

johns624

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:38 am

SL1200MK2 wrote:
[*]
johns624 wrote:
Kno wrote:

When I was a bit younger I had gold fronts and I’ve never been arrested for anything. In fact, I know far more folks with them that are not criminals than are. Also, teenagers of all races seem to enjoy flipping off the camera.
Different cultures, different styles and norms.

stratosphere

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:39 am

SL1200MK2 wrote:
[*]
johns624 wrote:
Kno wrote:

My point was to Seb when he implied they show white defendants in their most positive light and im saying the media did just that with Travon Martin and Michael Brown showing them as innocent cherub pictures instead of their most recent pictures which were anything but that.

stratosphere

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:42 am

Aaron747 wrote:
windy95 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

3. Andy Ngo was challenged to provide screenshot evidence that Brooks was a bona fide BLM activist and could not

The DL: Brooks is a bad guy, but that’s not an excuse for misinformation agents to get away with making shit up.

LOL who has to make shit up about this guy he has a 50 page rap sheet i think that kind of speaks for itself

Aaron747

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:52 am

stratosphere wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
windy95 wrote:

LOL who has to make shit up about this guy he has a 50 page rap sheet i think that kind of speaks for itself

Ask Andy Ngo, not me.

CaptHadley

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:21 am

stratosphere wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:
[*]
johns624 wrote:

My point was to Seb when he implied they show white defendants in their most positive light and im saying the media did just that with Travon Martin and Michael Brown showing them as innocent cherub pictures instead of their most recent pictures which were anything but that.

We get it, you have a bias against people of color. At least you're honest and upfront about it, kudos to you.

Veigar

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:01 am

CaptHadley wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:
[*]

We get it, you have a bias against people of color. At least you're honest and upfront about it, kudos to you.

They did the same with Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber though

Kiwirob

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:12 am

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

In my book anyone who drives through a crowd killing 5 and injuring 40 is a monster.

Kno

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:17 pm

johns624 wrote:
Kno wrote:

This is pretty common in many black and Hispanic neighborhoods in the United States and also parts of Africa and the Caribbean. Originally this is because cavity fillings were actually more economical to fill with gold, however gold teeth became a fashion trend in the 1980s, the biggest stars of the movement being Slick Rick and Flava Flav. If you want to avoid places where gold teeth are considered a pretty neutral style choice, I recommend sticking to neighborhoods that still value the leave it to beaver aesthetic and offer little diversity. Better yet, be well traveled and less judgmental. Best to not judge a book by a harmless style choice whether it's your cup of tea or not. Style is expressive and can be culturally significant, but ultimately informs little about the quality of an individuals character.

johns624

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:24 pm

Kno wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Kno wrote:

This is pretty common in many black and Hispanic neighborhoods in the United States and also parts of Africa and the Caribbean. Originally this is because cavity fillings were actually more economical to fill with gold, however gold teeth became a fashion trend in the 1980s, the biggest stars of the movement being Slick Rick and Flava Flav. If you want to avoid places where gold teeth are considered a pretty neutral style choice, I recommend sticking to neighborhoods that still value the leave it to beaver aesthetic and offer little diversity. Better yet, be well traveled and less judgmental. Best to not judge a book by a harmless style choice whether it's your cup of tea or not. Style is expressive and can be culturally significant, but ultimately informs little about the quality of an individuals character.
Please don't preach to me. I grew up and lived and worked in Detroit for 30+ years. I saw it occasionally but it sure wasn't "pretty common". Is 19 countries enough travel for you? I'm also aware that I'll stick out like a sore thumb in those neighborhoods. I worked in a few, so had a reason to go there. I'm retired now, so I don't have a reason, so I don't go.
PS--When you grow up in a bad neighborhood, you don't think it's cool to go down to the 'hood and hang out with the "homies".