Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
GDB
Posts: 15031
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:27 am

SEAorPWM wrote:
GDB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

:rotfl:

What's also hilarious is that he's reportedly selling property to foot legal bills. All that says is Mummie Dearest has closed the spigot.


Had she, that is the taxpayer, paid for Andrew's legal bills in this sordid case, that would have been unacceptable. Brenda hasn't navigated nearly 70 years of massive social change here without knowing that.
It's not that he was well liked before all this.

But Brenda and the Firm massively screwed up with Harry, they know of his deep seated loathing for the tabloids, he after all largely blames them for his Mother's death.
All he wanted from them, was backing when he warned said tabloids that any untoward intrusion and also typical of them, racism, towards Megan would not be tolerated.

Of course, equally typically, The Daily Mail not only compared her to Compton Gang Bangers but got her errant father involved, surely that was her concern, not theirs.
An audit of reporting on their relationship from the start found the great majority of tabloid reporting to be hostile to her.
They are who they are, a previous girlfriend, white, posh, more typical, also got huge levels of press harassment including illegal phone hacking.

So their inaction lost them, with the younger demographic, their most popular member.
And the same inaction with Andrew until the whole scandal there blew up but far more leeway given to him, for far longer, than Harry.
Until it's become untenable.
Of the two Princes, who's the bad guy now?
Harry never consorted with a billionaire nonce and his accomplice girlfriend, herself another from that family of wrong 'uns.
Even after he was convicted and got that pathetic slap of the wrist non punishment, in the best legal system MONEY can buy.


Going after a 16 or 17 year woman is completely acceptable in the UK though. Hardly "noncy".


How many more times? ‘Consent’ to slightly quote ‘girls man’ R Kelly, is not about a number.
Trafficking isn’t either, the ‘nonce’ was Epstein, Maxwell an enabler in this criminality and Andy friends with both, those pics of him and Epstein in Central Park after his conviction and ‘punishment’ US style for the very wealthy, in 2010 speaks volumes.
Andy is not known for his brains but even he would have been aware of this, another question for ‘The Firm’, Andy has advisors and protection, where were they in all this, were warnings to him ignored? Possible but I bet being assigned to him was not a popular posting.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20774
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:37 am

SEAorPWM wrote:
GDB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

:rotfl:

What's also hilarious is that he's reportedly selling property to foot legal bills. All that says is Mummie Dearest has closed the spigot.


Had she, that is the taxpayer, paid for Andrew's legal bills in this sordid case, that would have been unacceptable. Brenda hasn't navigated nearly 70 years of massive social change here without knowing that.
It's not that he was well liked before all this.

But Brenda and the Firm massively screwed up with Harry, they know of his deep seated loathing for the tabloids, he after all largely blames them for his Mother's death.
All he wanted from them, was backing when he warned said tabloids that any untoward intrusion and also typical of them, racism, towards Megan would not be tolerated.

Of course, equally typically, The Daily Mail not only compared her to Compton Gang Bangers but got her errant father involved, surely that was her concern, not theirs.
An audit of reporting on their relationship from the start found the great majority of tabloid reporting to be hostile to her.
They are who they are, a previous girlfriend, white, posh, more typical, also got huge levels of press harassment including illegal phone hacking.

So their inaction lost them, with the younger demographic, their most popular member.
And the same inaction with Andrew until the whole scandal there blew up but far more leeway given to him, for far longer, than Harry.
Until it's become untenable.
Of the two Princes, who's the bad guy now?
Harry never consorted with a billionaire nonce and his accomplice girlfriend, herself another from that family of wrong 'uns.
Even after he was convicted and got that pathetic slap of the wrist non punishment, in the best legal system MONEY can buy.


Going after a 16 or 17 year woman is completely acceptable in the UK though. Hardly "noncy".


You really don’t seem to get the subtle difference between consensual and non-consensual, do you?

While it may be legal for a 40yo man to have consensual sex with a 16 or 17yo, I suspect a significant majority of Brits would not find it “acceptable” and would likely describe such as “pervy” or “noncy”.

Using the expression “going after” says a lot and just piles the sleaze on.
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 27445
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:16 pm

scbriml wrote:
You really don’t seem to get the subtle difference between consensual and non-consensual, do you?

While it may be legal for a 40yo man to have consensual sex with a 16 or 17yo, I suspect a significant majority of Brits would not find it “acceptable” and would likely describe such as “pervy” or “noncy”.

Using the expression “going after” says a lot and just piles the sleaze on.

I agree.

Andrew talked himself into something he had to know was wrong on many levels, but didn't seem to care.

Now of course he denied it ever happened.

I watched some coverage of the trial recently and Epstein and Maxwell typically targeted 14 year olds, which is even more disgusting.

And yes, it is about numbers. There are a lot of rules in life based on numbers. Society is trying to give young people a chance to have a good awareness of the situations they find themselves in. While some people develop maturity early, it's impossible to determine who does or doesn't, while everyone knows their date of birth.

"Nonce" is not a common word in US English, but the expression "jail bait" is, along with "sixteen will get you twenty" ( ref: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 20you%2020 )
 
art
Posts: 4662
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:46 am

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:21 pm

GDB wrote:
How many more times? ‘Consent’ to slightly quote ‘girls man’ R Kelly, is not about a number.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying. In the real world two people can agree to do something. In the world of the law such agreements do not hold if they contravene the law. I cannot in England legally consent to someone killing me (thus so called 'mercy killings' are not legal in English law). Nor can a person legally consent to sexual intercourse if the number (age of a participant) is below 16 - in English law.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 17870
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:52 am

art wrote:
GDB wrote:
How many more times? ‘Consent’ to slightly quote ‘girls man’ R Kelly, is not about a number.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying. In the real world two people can agree to do something. In the world of the law such agreements do not hold if they contravene the law. I cannot in England legally consent to someone killing me (thus so called 'mercy killings' are not legal in English law). Nor can a person legally consent to sexual intercourse if the number (age of a participant) is below 16 - in English law.


He was saying that R. Kelly's defense team tried to claim (unsuccessfully, of course) that consent was more legally complicated than an age cut-off.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15257
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:38 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/17/us/ghisl ... index.html

Ghislaine Maxwell will no longer fight to keep the names of eight 'John Does' secret and will leave it to the court to decide whether the names should be unsealed, according to a letter dated January 12.

The documents are part of a 2015 defamation lawsuit against Maxwell brought by Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who claimed Jeffrey Epstein sexually abused her while she was a minor and that Maxwell aided in the abuse.


I bet there are a few people running for cover.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: art, Google Adsense [Bot] and 34 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos