Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
ltbewr
Topic Author
Posts: 16148
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:56 pm

Some sick bastard set on fire a large Christmas tree which also damaged adjacent smaller trees and decorations in the plaza that is the Headquarters building for News Corp. and Fox News on 6th Avenue in NY City shortly after midnight on Dec. 8th. He was promptly arrested and faces arson charges. I don't care for the political leanings of Fox News but this was dead wrong no matter their political view. It also hust feeds the anti-liberal view of the channel, and their viewers. Of course Fox News' coverage went ballistic, the lead and overwhelming story on their programs. There were immediate pledges by News Corp and Fox News to replace the damaged displays promptly.

Sadly such stupid acts just encourage greater division in our country, destroys any chance of good government polices from Democrats and progressives, gives Fox News more ammo on 'fighting' the 'War on Christmas'. For sure some Republicans will call for terrorism charges and this fool sent to Gitmo.I do hope they charge him with anti-religious 'hate' crimes statutes with substantial jail time. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox-n ... hp&pc=U531
 
NIKV69
Posts: 15004
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:03 pm

The more the rhetoric in the media that feeds these crazy people the more this will happen. I am just glad the fire didn't really spread. This person should be in jail for a long time.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:15 pm

The Fox on-air reactions were completely OTT. It's a holiday decoration...not a person. Not to mention they quickly got the perp and the charges will be serious. Just 20 seconds of viewing is enough to confirm the programming is raw emotion for consumption by morons.
 
stratosphere
Posts: 2074
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
The Fox on-air reactions were completely OTT. It's a holiday decoration...not a person. Not to mention they quickly got the perp and the charges will be serious. Just 20 seconds of viewing is enough to confirm the programming is raw emotion for consumption by morons.


If this had happened at MSNBC they would be OTT for a decade. Much like they are still talking daily about anything Trump and Jan 6th. Oh and the never ending racial gaslighting .
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:55 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
The Fox on-air reactions were completely OTT. It's a holiday decoration...not a person. Not to mention they quickly got the perp and the charges will be serious. Just 20 seconds of viewing is enough to confirm the programming is raw emotion for consumption by morons.


If this had happened at MSNBC they would be OTT for a decade. Much like they are still talking daily about anything Trump and Jan 6th. Oh and the never ending racial gaslighting .


Nobody's talking about MSNBC....but thanks for the whataboutism. :shhh:
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15247
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:58 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
The Fox on-air reactions were completely OTT. It's a holiday decoration...not a person. Not to mention they quickly got the perp and the charges will be serious. Just 20 seconds of viewing is enough to confirm the programming is raw emotion for consumption by morons.



They arrested the perp, He was charged. What else does Fox news and the viewers want? Feelings? They already rejected that.


Looks like more taxes and income for NY and businesses to pay for the replacement objects. Further reminder that conservative angst continues to funnel more money into NYC. Which still brings the question, why do conservatives continue to fund a media outlet and talent pool based in NYC that they always demonize?
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 1639
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:04 pm

Relatively harmless and humorous gesture, if you ask me.
 
AABusDrvr
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:48 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:36 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
Relatively harmless and humorous gesture, if you ask me.



So destruction of another's property is harmless and humorous?
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 1639
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:54 pm

AABusDrvr wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
Relatively harmless and humorous gesture, if you ask me.



So destruction of another's property is harmless and humorous?


It is a disposable dead tree and it was outdoors. The symbolism is humorous given all the cross burnings done to the other side over time. It’s a David vs Goliath gesture in reference to that. This wasn’t a threat, it was a statement that Fox News is unfit to espouse Christmas cheer. It’s just an FU for your fake Christmas cheer, nothing more. That warms my heart a little bit. Not that I think MSNBC is better in any way. It’s not. But for symbolic reasons, burning their stuff would be off limits.
 
N649DL
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:06 pm

Pretty sick s***. If you ask me, Fox News isn't even all that conservative these days anyway and from what I seen, the reporters are pretty smart and talented. You want conservative? Turn on Newsmax or OAN or certain local AM radio stations in SoCal.
 
johns624
Posts: 5179
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:25 pm

N649DL wrote:
Pretty sick s***. If you ask me, Fox News isn't even all that conservative these days anyway and from what I seen, the reporters are pretty smart and talented. You want conservative? Turn on Newsmax or OAN or certain local AM radio stations in SoCal.
Fox hasn't moved much to the right, the other two are just batshiit crazy and on the fringe.
 
stlgph
Posts: 11659
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:48 pm

 
NIKV69
Posts: 15004
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:52 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
AABusDrvr wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
Relatively harmless and humorous gesture, if you ask me.



So destruction of another's property is harmless and humorous?


It is a disposable dead tree and it was outdoors. The symbolism is humorous given all the cross burnings done to the other side over time. It’s a David vs Goliath gesture in reference to that. This wasn’t a threat, it was a statement that Fox News is unfit to espouse Christmas cheer. It’s just an FU for your fake Christmas cheer, nothing more. That warms my heart a little bit. Not that I think MSNBC is better in any way. It’s not. But for symbolic reasons, burning their stuff would be off limits.


Not withstanding your shortsighted and silly remark the fact that this fire could have spread and destroyed other stuff and or people. If only the person who set this fire could have limited his hatred for others to maybe posting on a message board? Now that would be nice.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 23922
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:05 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
AABusDrvr wrote:


So destruction of another's property is harmless and humorous?


It is a disposable dead tree and it was outdoors. The symbolism is humorous given all the cross burnings done to the other side over time. It’s a David vs Goliath gesture in reference to that. This wasn’t a threat, it was a statement that Fox News is unfit to espouse Christmas cheer. It’s just an FU for your fake Christmas cheer, nothing more. That warms my heart a little bit. Not that I think MSNBC is better in any way. It’s not. But for symbolic reasons, burning their stuff would be off limits.


Not withstanding your shortsighted and silly remark the fact that this fire could have spread and destroyed other stuff and or people. If only the person who set this fire could have limited his hatred for others to maybe posting on a message board? Now that would be nice.

I'm a combustion engineer by training and the level of fire by a group of dry trees should be taken seriously.

As a side rant, I miss TV news. There used to be a time when it wasn't all emotional and political, but rather insight into the impact of decisions where the viewer was left to decide. I am so glad I cut the TV cord.

Lightsaber
 
johns624
Posts: 5179
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:05 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
This person should be in jail for a long time.
Nah, 6-9 months in Rikers should do the trick.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 9187
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:07 pm

Nicest thing about not watching TV cable news is not knowing about the stupid stuff that happens daily. I subscribe to WSJ, NYT, WaPo, National Review, The Atlantic and a few online blogs, much better coverage, no emotions, no wasted time. If I’m somewhere wher the news, Fox, MSNBC, whatever is broadcast, I turn it off or move elsewhere. I’ve looked for a sharp object to fling at the old Airport CNN. Greatest thing about flying 16-day trips outside the US, blissful ignorance of the silliness.
 
emperortk
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:34 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
The Fox on-air reactions were completely OTT. It's a holiday decoration...not a person. Not to mention they quickly got the perp and the charges will be serious. Just 20 seconds of viewing is enough to confirm the programming is raw emotion for consumption by morons.


If this had happened at MSNBC they would be OTT for a decade. Much like they are still talking daily about anything Trump and Jan 6th. Oh and the never ending racial gaslighting .


Sure, one dude torching a Christmas tree and thousands of people, stoked by endless lies from elected officials including a lame-duck President, trying to overturn a free and fair democratic election by storming the Capitol are pretty much the same thing. :roll:

On the bright side, in spite of the global supply chain problems there is no shortage of false equivalence this holiday season! :highfive:
 
art
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:46 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:44 pm

lightsaber wrote:
As a side rant, I miss TV news. There used to be a time when it wasn't all emotional and political, but rather insight into the impact of decisions where the viewer was left to decide.

Lightsaber

I have spent years out of the UK in my time. When back in the UK I savour the relative political balance and impartiality of the UK TV news. I also notice that there is less time devoted to politics and more time devoted to recent events than in some other countries.
 
M564038
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:53 pm

Anti-religious hate crime?

Two questions:
1/Are christmas trees religious now?
And if they are:
2/Is hate expressed against a religion a crime in the US ?

ltbewr wrote:
Some sick bastard set on fire a large Christmas tree which also damaged adjacent smaller trees and decorations in the plaza that is the Headquarters building for News Corp. and Fox News on 6th Avenue in NY City shortly after midnight on Dec. 8th. He was promptly arrested and faces arson charges. I don't care for the political leanings of Fox News but this was dead wrong no matter their political view. It also hust feeds the anti-liberal view of the channel, and their viewers. Of course Fox News' coverage went ballistic, the lead and overwhelming story on their programs. There were immediate pledges by News Corp and Fox News to replace the damaged displays promptly.

Sadly such stupid acts just encourage greater division in our country, destroys any chance of good government polices from Democrats and progressives, gives Fox News more ammo on 'fighting' the 'War on Christmas'. For sure some Republicans will call for terrorism charges and this fool sent to Gitmo.I do hope they charge him with anti-religious 'hate' crimes statutes with substantial jail time. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox-n ... hp&pc=U531
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:16 am

N649DL wrote:
Pretty sick s***. If you ask me, Fox News isn't even all that conservative these days anyway and from what I seen, the reporters are pretty smart and talented. You want conservative? Turn on Newsmax or OAN or certain local AM radio stations in SoCal.


Newsmax and OAN aren’t ‘conservative’ - it’s conspiracy and performative fake patriotism hour, every hour.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 15004
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:56 pm

 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2988
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:17 pm

Hmmm...one person sets a Xmas tree on fire versus hundreds of Republicans starting an insurrection to nullify the results of a free and fair election.

Typical propaganda from the Right.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 15349
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:40 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
The Fox on-air reactions were completely OTT. It's a holiday decoration...not a person. Not to mention they quickly got the perp and the charges will be serious. Just 20 seconds of viewing is enough to confirm the programming is raw emotion for consumption by morons.


If this had happened at MSNBC they would be OTT for a decade. Much like they are still talking daily about anything Trump and Jan 6th. Oh and the never ending racial gaslighting .


Since you're equating the two, do you think the hundreds of January 6 perpetrators, and their leaders, should be sent to gitmo ? Or is that only when a tree is attacked, not the siege of your democracy ?
 
M564038
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:26 pm

The reply of the century.
It is an actual piece of art.
In 100 years, when historians tries to sum up what went so terribly wrong in the USA, how it fell so hard from grace, they are going to point to that reply.

stratosphere wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
The Fox on-air reactions were completely OTT. It's a holiday decoration...not a person. Not to mention they quickly got the perp and the charges will be serious. Just 20 seconds of viewing is enough to confirm the programming is raw emotion for consumption by morons.


If this had happened at MSNBC they would be OTT for a decade. Much like they are still talking daily about anything Trump and Jan 6th. Oh and the never ending racial gaslighting .
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:30 pm

Shouldn’t have happened and he will pay. Open and shut, no need for so much extrapolation
 
CaptHadley
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:44 pm

M564038 wrote:
The reply of the century.
It is an actual piece of art.
In 100 years, when historians tries to sum up what went so terribly wrong in the USA, how it fell so hard from grace, they are going to point to that reply.

stratosphere wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
The Fox on-air reactions were completely OTT. It's a holiday decoration...not a person. Not to mention they quickly got the perp and the charges will be serious. Just 20 seconds of viewing is enough to confirm the programming is raw emotion for consumption by morons.


If this had happened at MSNBC they would be OTT for a decade. Much like they are still talking daily about anything Trump and Jan 6th. Oh and the never ending racial gaslighting .


And to think at one point the responsibility of an sound airplane was entrusted.
 
User avatar
Moose135
Posts: 3280
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:27 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:26 pm

Thoughts and prayers!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24480
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:51 pm

stl07 wrote:
Shouldn’t have happened and he will pay. Open and shut, no need for so much extrapolation


Right. But the reaction from the Fox hosts was WAAAAAAY over the top. That was all I was trying to say. There are many other issues that deserve much more air time and much more passion. But some of those issues make their side look bad.

I guess, at the end of the day: calm down. The person who did this will be punished and a new tree put up.
 
DN4CAAD
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:55 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:28 pm

AABusDrvr wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
Relatively harmless and humorous gesture, if you ask me.



So destruction of another's property is harmless and humorous?


When it is the News Agency that claims in court no viewer should take their reports as news then yes, it is funny
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 1639
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Fox News NYC HQ Christmas Tree set on fire

Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:53 pm

Moose135 wrote:
Thoughts and prayers!


Lol, exactly.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: art, casinterest, johns624, Newark727, petertenthije, tomcat and 29 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos