Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

johns624
Topic Author

Embry Riddle Mass Shooting Averted

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:29 pm

It appears the alleged shooter was on academic probation whose GPA was <2.0. He was stupid enough to post his plans on social media. I guess he'll never fly for an airline...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/jo ... NewsSearch

Re: Embry Riddle Mass Shooting Averted

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:00 am

Jesus H

Aaron747

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:54 am

Another weakling mad at the world over their own failings. Usually with inability to communicate or attract women as cherries on top...

Kent350787

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:37 am

Is the weapon described one that can be legally held in FL?

johns624
Topic Author

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:51 am

Kent350787 wrote:
Yes. It was a Keltec Sub 2000 9mm carbine that takes Glock pistol magazines.

Virtual737

Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:00 pm

johns624 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

Yours for < $800 at guns.com

https://www.guns.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/kel-tec-sub2000-g19-9mm-ca-9mm-semi-auto-10-1-rounds-16-barrel-new?p=382310

johns624
Topic Author

Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:03 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

https://www.guns.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/kel-tec-sub2000-g19-9mm-ca-9mm-semi-auto-10-1-rounds-16-barrel-new?p=382310
Just an FYI, for those who don't know. Any gun bought from an online dealer must be sent to a dealer near where you live to be picked up there. At that time, you have to fill out all applicable paperwork and go through a NICS background check. The "buying guns over the internet with no paperwork" story is all BS.

petertenthije

Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:29 pm

Kent350787 wrote:

Had the shooting continued as intended, then I am sure the victims would feel comforted by the though they’d been shot by a legal gun.

petertenthije

Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:47 pm

johns624 wrote:
But since everything worked as intended and people reported him, all the antigunners are disappointed.

No, I am pretty sure they are not disappointed.

If anything, they are disappointed the next mass-shooting won’t be more then a day or two away.

Here’s some advance thoughts and prayers. Who knows, maybe it will stretch the next shooting out to three days!

johns624
Topic Author

Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:48 pm

petertenthije wrote:
johns624 wrote:
But since everything worked as intended and people reported him, all the antigunners are disappointed.

If anything, they are disappointed the next mass-shooting won’t be more then a day or two away.

Here’s some advance thoughts and prayers. Who knows, maybe it will stretch the next shooting out to three days!
Your sarcasm is sick.

BlueberryWheats

Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:58 pm

johns624 wrote:
petertenthije wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Your sarcasm is sick.

The fact that even Sandy Hook didn't make a jolt of difference is sick.

Dutchy

Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:07 pm

johns624 wrote:
petertenthije wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Your sarcasm is sick.

What sarcasm? Given that there were 614 mass shootings in 2020 in the United States of America, resulting in 446 deaths and 2,515 injuries, were is the sarcasm in Peter's post?

If anything, saying that some people are disappointed when the police prevented a mass shooting sounds quite disturbing to me.

art

Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:24 pm

I'm pleased he was reported. A few people who would otherwise perhaps be wounded or dead can continue to walk around in a society that exposes people to unexpected injury or death since the means to wound or kill a lot of people are easily obtainable.

seb146

Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:57 pm

johns624 wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Just an FYI, for those who don't know. Any gun bought from an online dealer must be sent to a dealer near where you live to be picked up there. At that time, you have to fill out all applicable paperwork and go through a NICS background check. The "buying guns over the internet with no paperwork" story is all BS.

There can still be private sales, which do not require paperwork or go through any background check. There are many online marketplaces on the legit web to do this. Let's not even get into the dark web. Yes, going through a legitimate 2A approved web site will need all the paperwork and background checks. But, as we see all too often, if someone wants a gun that badly, they will get it.

johns624
Topic Author

Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:59 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
johns624 wrote:
petertenthije wrote:

Your sarcasm is sick.

Another fake "fact". Lots of laws were passed with magazine restrictions and banning types of guns, they were just passed on the state, instead of federal level.

Wacker1000

Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:54 pm

johns624 wrote:
It appears the alleged shooter was on academic probation whose GPA was <2.0. He was stupid enough to post his plans on social media.

Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed (thankfully). How hard do you have to try to get on academic probation at DeVry of the Sky?

BlueberryWheats

Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:28 pm

johns624 wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Your sarcasm is sick.

Another fake "fact". Lots of laws were passed with magazine restrictions and banning types of guns, they were just passed on the state, instead of federal level.

I was referring to America's sick addiction to guns.

johns624
Topic Author

Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:30 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
johns624 wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:

I was referring to America's sick addiction to guns.
Sorry, I don't have a "sick addiction". I have both a couple of hobbies/pastimes that involve firearms (target competition and hunting) and keep a couple around for protection.

petertenthije

Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:42 pm

johns624 wrote:
Your sarcasm is sick.

Don’t mistake cynicism for sarcasm.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:35 pm

seb146 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:

There can still be private sales, which do not require paperwork or go through any background check. There are many online marketplaces on the legit web to do this. Let's not even get into the dark web. Yes, going through a legitimate 2A approved web site will need all the paperwork and background checks. But, as we see all too often, if someone wants a gun that badly, they will get it.

Do you have a link to a legitimate online gun seller who will effect a private sale legally interstate? You cannot legally sell, transfer or trade firearms across state lines, period. You have to file a NICS thru ATF Form 4473. I bought long guns out of state, in person, passed the NICS and had the seller ship it to me.

johns624
Topic Author

Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:55 pm

seb146 wrote:
But, as we see all too often, if someone wants a gun that badly, they will get it.
In other words, you're saying that passing new laws won't make a difference because if a criminal wants a gun, he's going to get it, no matter what?

petertenthije

Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:26 pm

johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
But, as we see all too often, if someone wants a gun that badly, they will get it.
In other words, you're saying that passing new laws won't make a difference because if a criminal wants a gun, he's going to get it, no matter what?

By that logic you might as well dissolve government entirely, because there will always be someone breaking your new laws. Regardless whether it’s related to gun control, environmental control, food standards, narcotics or whatever.

The point of these laws is not necessarily to make it absolutely impossible, but to make it hard enough that law enforcement can focus on those that do break laws without having to round up half the population.

johns624
Topic Author

Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:32 pm

petertenthije wrote:
johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

By that logic you might as well dissolve government entirely, because there will always be someone breaking your new laws. Regardless whether it’s related to gun control, environmental control, food standards, narcotics or whatever.

The point of these laws is not necessarily to make it absolutely impossible, but to make it hard enough that law enforcement can focus on those that do break laws without having to round up half the population.
There are plenty of laws now that just aren't being enforced. Why enact new ones just to pretend you're doing something? Maybe you should do some research instead of watching Hollywood movies or listening to a certain poster from Oregon to get your information.

Kent350787

Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:08 am

petertenthije wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

Had the shooting continued as intended, then I am sure the victims would feel comforted by the though they’d been shot by a legal gun.

Yes. My question was seeking to close off the “oh, but the weapon was obtained illegally so no need to change the laws to make a difference”.

Thoughts and prayers in advance. Entrenched vested interests and extreme self interest means that the rest of the world stands aghast at this side of YS society

CaptHadley

Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:20 am

johns624 wrote:
petertenthije wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Your sarcasm is sick.

Your lack of any compassion or empathy for any of the recent mass shooting victims bears the same “sick”

johns624
Topic Author

Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:27 am

CaptHadley wrote:
johns624 wrote:
petertenthije wrote:

Your sarcasm is sick.

Your lack of any compassion or empathy for any of the recent mass shooting victims bears the same “sick”
Anytime anyone offers any empathy or compassion here, it's just laughed at. You know, the whole "thoughts and prayers " thing. Why should I show any more than you have? I had as much to do with the shootings as you do.

CaptHadley

Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:26 am

johns624 wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Your sarcasm is sick.

Anytime anyone offers any empathy or compassion here, it's just laughed at. You know, the whole "thoughts and prayers " thing. Why should I show any more than you have? I had as much to do with the shootings as you do.

Because it’s called having a “heart” Let’s compare posts from the other thread. Just like this one, you and your ilk immediately surround the wagons. All you guys think is, gasp, they’re taking our guns. That’s all you care about.

LCDFlight

Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:40 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Another weakling mad at the world over their own failings. Usually with inability to communicate or attract women as cherries on top...

Exactly. This person was a danger and should have been stopped “by any means necessary.” Glad he was stopped. Don’t really care how. His life is over now.

johns624
Topic Author

Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:52 am

CaptHadley wrote:
All you guys think is, gasp, they’re taking our guns. That’s all you care about.
Your right, because my guns didn't do anything. That's as stupid as someone taking my liquor because someone else got arrested for drunk driving.

Aaron747

Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:59 am

petertenthije wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

As a practical matter, there are too many guns in the US, both legal and non, for additional laws to make a difference at this point. There are ways around background checks and legal purchase for those who are motivated. The real crisis is in mental health - the US is among the worst developed countries for treatment accessibility and overall capacity, despite Americans being quite willing to try and accept treatment.

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/public ... -countries

CaptHadley

Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:58 am

johns624 wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
All you guys think is, gasp, they’re taking our guns. That’s all you care about.
Your right, because my guns didn't do anything. That's as stupid as someone taking my liquor because someone else got arrested for drunk driving.

Then why run to your tired “but cars” mentality that the gun crowd just lives to trot out. Just admit to the fact that the first thing that pops into the gun loving crowd every time there’s a mass shooting of some sort is they’re going to try to take our guns. And again.. Not one time in any of these threads has there been any empathy from the gun loving crowd towards the victims. And yes, maybe you ought to try typing “my condolences to the victims and their families. Might do wonders for you.

johns624
Topic Author

Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:53 pm

CaptHadley wrote:
. Not one time in any of these threads has there been any empathy from the gun loving crowd towards the victims. And yes, maybe you ought to try typing “my condolences to the victims and their families. Might do wonders for you.
People have typed that in the past and just been ridiculed for it. Another point-none of the victims families would see anything posted here so any sympathy posted here would just be to make the poster feel better. I went back to your Oxford shooting thread and you never posted anything sympathetic, either.

Pi7472000

Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:41 pm

That is awful. Nothing will change in the U.S. until there are strict gun laws. We need to ban most guns.

seb146

Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:33 pm

TriJets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
TriJets wrote:

Never going to happen. If it makes you feel better, no one is forcing you to buy a gun. If you don't want one....don't buy one.

But that's not really the point. It has been pounded into people's heads that we must have all guns all the time, otherwise it is a violation of 2A. Trying to enforce laws already on the books is also seen as a violation of 2A. What are we to do? We can't go back to the way things were before it was legal to own WMDs because that is, somehow, an infringement on our rights. We can't make new laws because that is an infringement on our rights. So, I guess we just keep letting people get shot because.

I don't know a single gun owner who is against better enforcement of existing gun laws, and I know a lot of gun owners.

I know a lot of gun owners, too. Every one of them hates the idea of stricter gun laws or enforcing current laws, which they see as stricter gun laws. They believe it is infringing on their right to carry whatever type of weapon they want. They believe it is a violation of 2A. Any time we debate this, that is the same talking point that comes up. And then, another mass shooting happens, we debate that we should enforce current laws, we can't because that is a violation of 2A and slippery slope, nothing gets done, another mass shooting, we debate........

ER757

Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:05 pm

johns624 wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

Except that no one is trying to take your (or anyone's) guns.

johns624
Topic Author

Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:31 pm

ER757 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

People keep saying that and then when I post this bill, I never get a response.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... l/127/text
$800 per gun/per year "insurance", payable to the government. Yeah, right! All gun owners to have a psych eval within 3 months by an "approved" psych. Logistically impossible. Outrageous. A fine of at least $50K and a minimum prison term of TEN YEARS. Yeah, nobody wants our guns...
I'm sure all the criminals will be lining right up to get their evals and pay their insurance premiums...

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Does any part of HR 127 address any cause of gun violence? Will it stop the murder rates from growing as they have? Will it put an end to mass shootings? It is designed to be a war on legal, responsible firearms owners and their rights; people who overwhelmingly have long histories of law abiding and are reviewed under existing gun permitting processes.

TriJets

Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:15 pm

ER757 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

The Democrats had a leading contender for President literally state "hell yeah I want to take your AR-15s". Others have proposed legislation that would essentially ban most firearms in existence. You can't say "no one wants to take your guns" when mainstream politicians are stating very loudly "we want to take your guns".
Last edited by TriJets on Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

N626AA

Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:50 pm

TriJets wrote:
Gun control is a losing issue...even the Democrats are moving away from it now. Turns out in the midst of a pandemic, riots, and skyrocketing violent crime, people on both sides of the political spectrum value being able to protect themselves.

Agreed 100%, along with many of your other posts on multiple topics here in the non-av. Also a fellow trijet lover myself.

I follow a Texas sub of Reddit and when the topic of Beto running for governor of TX came up, the general consensus among about 90% (my estimate) of the posters was that he wouldn't win because of his "hell yeah we're going to take your AR-15" comment. Many of the posters claim to be democrats and value their 2a rights.

https://www.reddit.com/r/texas/comments ... vernor_of/

Aaron747

Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:27 am

N626AA wrote:
TriJets wrote:
Gun control is a losing issue...even the Democrats are moving away from it now. Turns out in the midst of a pandemic, riots, and skyrocketing violent crime, people on both sides of the political spectrum value being able to protect themselves.

Agreed 100%, along with many of your other posts on multiple topics here in the non-av. Also a fellow trijet lover myself.

I follow a Texas sub of Reddit and when the topic of Beto running for governor of TX came up, the general consensus among about 90% (my estimate) of the posters was that he wouldn't win because of his "hell yeah we're going to take your AR-15" comment. Many of the posters claim to be democrats and value their 2a rights.

https://www.reddit.com/r/texas/comments ... vernor_of/

Beto is a leader only in his own mind.

ER757

Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:59 pm

TriJets wrote:
ER757 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

The Democrats had a leading contender for President literally state "hell yeah I want to take your AR-15s". Others have proposed legislation that would essentially ban most firearms in existence. You can't say "no one wants to take your guns" when mainstream politicians are stating very loudly "we want to take your guns".

That idiot was hardly a "leading contender" and that moronic statement was the final nail in his campaign's coffin. I hunt, have a coupe shotguns, not at all worried anyone's coming to take them, so relax

TriJets

Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:04 pm

ER757 wrote:
TriJets wrote:
ER757 wrote:

That idiot was hardly a "leading contender" and that moronic statement was the final nail in his campaign's coffin. I hunt, have a coupe shotguns, not at all worried anyone's coming to take them, so relax

I'm not at all worried about anyone taking shotguns. Handguns and rifles are what I am worried about.

ER757

Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:25 pm

TriJets wrote:
ER757 wrote:
TriJets wrote:

I'm not at all worried about anyone taking shotguns. Handguns and rifles are what I am worried about.

Don't lose any sleep over it, it is never going to happen. Even if legislation were ever passed (and there's ZERO chance of that happening) there is just no practical way to go about doing it. If you are seriously worried about it, then the fear-mongers have done their job nicely.

CaptHadley

Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:54 pm

TriJets wrote:
ER757 wrote:
TriJets wrote:

Here’s to hoping it happens! Better yet, hoping Gov Newsome’ idea comes to fruition, sue the gun aficionados into bankruptcy.

NIKV69

Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:09 pm

CaptHadley wrote:

Here’s to hoping it happens! Better yet, hoping Gov Newsome’ idea comes to fruition, sue the gun aficionados into bankruptcy.

Nice to see your enthusiasm when it comes to people losing their livelihoods thankfully the states that don't harbor this hatred toward people that want to own guns can pick up the slack.

CaptHadley

Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:18 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

Nice to see your enthusiasm when it comes to people losing their livelihoods thankfully the states that don't harbor this hatred toward people that want to own guns can pick up the slack.

Oh well, as stated by another poster, it doesn’t affect me so.. But if it’s good enough to decide what’s good for a woman then it’s good enough for your guns.

TriJets

Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:31 pm

CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:
ER757 wrote:

Yeah it is never going to happen (it would be blatantly unconstitutional and the SCOTUS has a hard right lean now), so I wouldn't get my hopes up. No one is taking my weapons. If you don't trust yourself with a gun....don't buy one. Seems simple enough.

CaptHadley

Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:21 pm

TriJets wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:

Yeah it is never going to happen (it would be blatantly unconstitutional and the SCOTUS has a hard right lean now), so I wouldn't get my hopes up. No one is taking my weapons. If you don't trust yourself with a gun....don't buy one. Seems simple enough.

Apparently you haven’t read what the good governor is proposing. Nobody said anything about taking the precious guns. We just get to sue you into oblivion, it’s a great thing!

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:40 pm

CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

Yeah it is never going to happen (it would be blatantly unconstitutionaln and the SCOTUS has a hard right lean now), so I wouldn't get my hopes up. No one is taking my weapons. If you don't trust yourself with a gun....don't buy one. Seems simple enough.

Apparently you haven’t read what the good governor is proposing. Nobody said anything about taking the precious guns. We just get to sue you into oblivion, it’s a great thing!

Even in the US, there has to be grounds for a suit, so legal owners would have to play along by using firearms in illegal ways or allow others to do so. But, you give away the game, laws such as Cali offers aren’t about reducing crime, stopping murders, saving lives; it’s a culture war against legal citizens whose preferences you don’t approve of. I have owned and shot, perhaps, hundreds of guns over my lifetime, not once have I or those weapons been involved in a crime.

TriJets

Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:15 am

CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

You'd waste your time and money as you'd be sure to lose, so....go for it.