Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CaptHadley

Re: Embry Riddle Mass Shooting Averted

Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:29 am

TriJets wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:

Yeah it is never going to happen (it would be blatantly unconstitutional and the SCOTUS has a hard right lean now), so I wouldn't get my hopes up. No one is taking my weapons. If you don't trust yourself with a gun....don't buy one. Seems simple enough.

Apparently you haven’t read what the good governor is proposing. Nobody said anything about taking the precious guns. We just get to sue you into oblivion, it’s a great thing!

You'd waste your time and money as you'd be sure to lose, so....go for it.

Lol, ok!

CaptHadley

Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:31 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:

Yeah it is never going to happen (it would be blatantly unconstitutionaln and the SCOTUS has a hard right lean now), so I wouldn't get my hopes up. No one is taking my weapons. If you don't trust yourself with a gun....don't buy one. Seems simple enough.

Apparently you haven’t read what the good governor is proposing. Nobody said anything about taking the precious guns. We just get to sue you into oblivion, it’s a great thing!

Even in the US, there has to be grounds for a suit, so legal owners would have to play along by using firearms in illegal ways or allow others to do so. But, you give away the game, laws such as Cali offers aren’t about reducing crime, stopping murders, saving lives; it’s a culture war against legal citizens whose preferences you don’t approve of. I have owned and shot, perhaps, hundreds of guns over my lifetime, not once have I or those weapons been involved in a crime.

Sucks when the government gets involved with your personal life huh. It’s only the beginning, thank texas for it.

TriJets

Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:39 am

CaptHadley wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

Even in the US, there has to be grounds for a suit, so legal owners would have to play along by using firearms in illegal ways or allow others to do so. But, you give away the game, laws such as Cali offers aren’t about reducing crime, stopping murders, saving lives; it’s a culture war against legal citizens whose preferences you don’t approve of. I have owned and shot, perhaps, hundreds of guns over my lifetime, not once have I or those weapons been involved in a crime.

Sucks when the government gets involved with your personal life huh. It’s only the beginning, thank texas for it.

The government is already involved in our personal lives. Thankfully, the extent of that involvement is limited by the Constitution which means that our right to firearms will remain protected from people who would seek to deprive us of that right. In fact, I may go out and buy another gun for Christmas!

CaptHadley

Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:24 am

TriJets wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

The government is already involved in our personal lives. Thankfully, the extent of that involvement is limited by the Constitution which means that our right to firearms will remain protected from people who would seek to deprive us of that right. In fact, I may go out and buy another gun for Christmas!

I would absolutely buy one, maybe spring for two! Make for a better fable about the home intruder. Make it a little more believable. Have the advantage of the firepower etc.

Newark727

Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:49 am

TriJets wrote:

Now is a weird time to celebrate the Constitution, frankly. The government system it prescribes is straight up nonfunctional right now in multiple ways and the country is lurching towards either despotism, civil war, or both at once.

TriJets

Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:10 am

CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

I would absolutely buy one, maybe spring for two! Make for a better fable about the home intruder. Make it a little more believable. Have the advantage of the firepower etc.

Are you claiming that I'm a liar? That's pretty low...trying to minimize my trauma because of your own misguided opinions. Not surprising, unfortunately. No different than a COVID denier....if the facts don't support your opinion, just call them fake.

CaptHadley

Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:33 am

TriJets wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:

Are you claiming that I'm a liar? That's pretty low...trying to minimize my trauma because of your own misguided opinions. Not surprising, unfortunately. No different than a COVID denier....if the facts don't support your opinion, just call them fake.

Not really sure what you're talking about, and not sure who you are? All I know is you signed up two weeks ago and for all of 5-6 posts it has been nothing but guns. Leads me to believe there's some sort of agenda maybe? Like, why would someone join an aviation website to talk about nothing but guns? But getting back to your initial question. Apparently you suffered some trauma relating to a gun. I am hoping it wasn't an accidental discharge, to my understanding the older one get's the reflexes diminish resulting in accidental discharges due to mishandling of the equipment. So again, if you are able to avoid the discharge, I think you should get another weapon. Just as long as some sort of protection for you and anyone else with you is available.

TriJets

Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:52 am

CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

Not really sure what you're talking about, and not sure who you are? All I know is you signed up two weeks ago and for all of 5-6 posts it has been nothing but guns. Leads me to believe there's some sort of agenda maybe? Like, why would someone join an aviation website to talk about nothing but guns? But getting back to your initial question. Apparently you suffered some trauma relating to a gun. I am hoping it wasn't an accidental discharge, to my understanding the older one get's the reflexes diminish resulting in accidental discharges due to mishandling of the equipment. So again, if you are able to avoid the discharge, I think you should get another weapon. Just as long as some sort of protection for you and anyone else with you is available.

I have posted plenty about aviation, too. There just isn't much debate or back and forth about "whose 767s have you flown on" like there is on the non-aviation board. And since you seem to like to go back and view my older posts, I'm surprised you missed my posts about the home invasion that we were victims of. Unless you are just conveniently ignoring it..

CaptHadley

Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:04 am

TriJets wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:

I have posted plenty about aviation, too. There just isn't much debate or back and forth about "whose 767s have you flown on" like there is on the non-aviation board. And since you seem to like to go back and view my older posts, I'm surprised you missed my posts about the home invasion that we were victims of. Unless you are just conveniently ignoring it..

Posting about aviation 5 times out of 71 posts doesn’t warrant saying “plenty” Like I said, get another firearm or two if it makes you feel that much more secure. Just remember, the older you get the more you have to be careful about accidental discharges, those types of discharges can be embarrassing if you’re out somewhere, shooting.

bpatus297

Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:39 pm

CaptHadley wrote:
TriJets wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

Its funny that you are speaking of him having an agenda........