Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ItnStln

Re: What Changes would you like to see in 2022

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:47 pm

tomaheath wrote:
A republican majority in the US house and senate.

That would be awesome!

N626AA

Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:33 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
N626AA wrote:
While it might be more of a personal goal, I'd like to see myself get over my fear of flying in 2022. Last time I flew "fear free" was 2013. Haven't set foot on an aircraft since Aug 2018 and really haven't needed to fly since but I'd love to go on a spotter trip to LAX for example and maybe catch a AA772 or UA787 on the way there/back. Or go see my grandparents in SEA. Just can't bring myself to do it. Sucks for this life long av geek.

To what do you attribute your fear? Was there a proximate cause?

I honestly can't pinpoint what exactly caused it. When I was a teen and early 20s I flew all over. Could watch a documentary on TWA800 and fly the next morning, no problem. Then sometime around 2012/13 I watched a doc about CI611 and I then flew CI that same year and, for some reason, it really bothered me. That whole trip on CI crossing the Pacific on their 744s, I was a nervous wreck. The fear just snowballed from there.

Any pilot's advice? :veryhappy:

DL717

Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:37 pm

tomaheath wrote:
A republican majority in the US house and senate.

This….and…

End to the COVID insanity.
End to the endless debate over which baby boomer approaching senility will be the next president (there are other people younger in age that can hold the office…why anyone is talking about Trump, Hillary or Biden is beyond me. Time to fire the baby boomers holding political office. Their time has passed. Come to think of it, it passed about a decade ago. If your eligible for social security, it’s time to move on. Go retire. Take a break. Try to enjoy what little time you have left instead of not letting go of the 60’s.)

TRAVEL!

Boeing757100

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:25 pm

That every airline in the whole world will order the 747-8 to save it and Boeing can continue production for years to come.

(fat hopes, they're never gonna happen but its not bad to imagine!!!)

pune

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:05 pm

PhilBy wrote:
I'd like to see people voting for a political candidate based on policies, not 'who I've always voted for'. Of course a politician respecting election promises would be good.
The early Greeks claimed that the evolution of political parties was the death of Democracy.

Although this probably might not happen this year this is what I would like to know. I have been fascinated for a long time by greek culture and their understanding of early politics. If I had the money and the motivation, time, and vaccination, would have loved to travel to Greece and ask those questions.

That single statement evokes so many questions. For e.g. what time are we talking or when are we talking when the 'early greeks' said that?

What specific evolution in partly politics or rather political parties did they choose to make that statement. What was the context ???

What, if any alternatives were suggested by early greeks to avoid the death of democracy ???

The sad part is most of us have forgotten was who were the early and late philosophers who bought in democracy, elections, populist democracy and so and so.

These are some of he questions I actually have when I'm dreaming at night. What were the greeks thinking ??? :)