Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zippyjet
Topic Author

What Changes would you like to see in 2022

Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:08 am

If we could take a breath before we post say whatever. Especially if its something you disagree with. Sometimes those few seconds can make a difference.
Covid Need I say more including vaccination shaming. I took mine but, I'm not going to shame and fault those who chose not to take it.
Christmas Creep
Vaccine mandates at least here in the states, if you make it mandatory that pushes many away. Incentives would be better.
On a lighter note all those reality talent TV shows and videos programs.
Supply shortages

yonahleung

Re: What Changes would you like to see in 2022

Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:42 am

Border restrictions in Hong Kong. Now we are subject to 21 days of mandatory quarantines after travelling from practically anywhere outside Hong Kong, regardless of your vaccination status.
The quarantine requirement really should be removed when the world has already moved on and Omicron looks set to be the defining variant with a rather low severity.

TokyoImperialPa

Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:22 am

I would like for border closures and localized lockdowns to remain unless two countries in a travel bubble have been fully vaccinated with three shots.

If the Winter Olympics are to be boycotted then there is no excuse for not boycotting the Doha FIFA World Cup unless you're only aim to support Muslims rather than dealing with human rights abuses, modern day slavery and deaths against South Asians and South East Asians. Not forgetting LGBTQ and misogny abuses.

Boris Johnson needs to step down from being prime minister and let a new right wing leader take helm.

TWA772LR

Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:44 am

A giant meteor to hit the earth.

Newark727

Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:48 am

TWA772LR wrote:
A giant meteor to hit the earth.

You've heard of Bernie bros, now get ready for Meteor Mates

NIKV69

Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:55 am

Would like to see Jack in the Box who brought Del Taco bring back the Chorizo breakfast burrito. You haven't till you had that.

fr8mech

Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:38 am

I would like people to stop using the words "fully vaccinated"...you're either vaccinated or not. That's my current trivial pet-peeve.

Derico

Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:01 am

End the world tyranny on COVID rules. My problem is not COVID rules per say, it is the abusive, constant, random changes that are an abuse to individuals who only want to work and be productive. I don't quite agree with the reasons people around the world have been protesting the rules, but I do now support their efforts to halt this increasing lack of any procedure when implementing regulations. After my experience today at the airport, I've had it.

B777LRF

Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:22 am

Getting enough people vaccinated so that CV-19 restrictions can be lifted
Ferrari and McLaren presenting viable challenges to the Red Bull/Mercedes dominance in F1
Not a single foreign fan to attend the WC in Doha
The IOC finally growing a pair and living up their own standards, by banning Russia from participation in the Olympic Games
On that note, a Chinese whistleblower akin to Gregory Rodchenkov emerging with the same result as above
Danish PM Mette Rasmussen to be indicted over the mink culling scandal
Trump to be indicted for his role in the storm on the Congress
Prince Andrew to stand trial for child abuse
Energy prices going down by 25-50%

flipdewaf

What Changes would you like to see in 2022

Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:21 am

Speed shaming. I drive within the speed limit but, I'm not going to shame and fault those who chose to drive over it or drive dangerously, that’s their choice.

I’d also like to get rid of the assumption that you’ll get a safe space on an Internet forum free from criticism just because you ask so as to get a sense of entitlement when posting nonsense enfettered.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casinterest

Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:16 pm

I would like to see more prosecution of scammer calls
I would like to see more people prosecuted for their role in the Jan 6 insurrection and coverup. Including Congress, and various media personalities.
I would like to see permanent Insurance premium hikes on people that choose to remain unvaccinated
I would like to see lawsuits opened against PACS that push lies to win elections.
I would like to see all PAC donors listed publicly.

N626AA

Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:04 pm

While it might be more of a personal goal, I'd like to see myself get over my fear of flying in 2022. Last time I flew "fear free" was 2013. Haven't set foot on an aircraft since Aug 2018 and really haven't needed to fly since but I'd love to go on a spotter trip to LAX for example and maybe catch a AA772 or UA787 on the way there/back. Or go see my grandparents in SEA. Just can't bring myself to do it. Sucks for this life long av geek.

TriJets

Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:08 pm

Would love for COVID to go away. Would also love to get away for an actual vacation, something I haven't done since the pandemic started.

Newark727

Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:40 pm

N626AA wrote:
While it might be more of a personal goal, I'd like to see myself get over my fear of flying in 2022. Last time I flew "fear free" was 2013. Haven't set foot on an aircraft since Aug 2018 and really haven't needed to fly since but I'd love to go on a spotter trip to LAX for example and maybe catch a AA772 or UA787 on the way there/back. Or go see my grandparents in SEA. Just can't bring myself to do it. Sucks for this life long av geek.

Hey dude, good luck!

ER757

Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:56 pm

Stricter enforcement and stiffer penalties against unruly airline passengers
New ad campaigns for all the insurance companies. Very tired of Flo from Progressive, the Geico gecko, Jake from State Farm and that emu and the idiot guy from Liberty Mutual
Cancellation of all the TV talent shows
Lower gas prices
an end to supply chain disruptions
COVID fading away and not being replaced by some new, ever nastier virus

WA707atMSP

Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Everyone makes mistakes, and it's sad that too many disagreements end in physical altercations. Go to You Tube, and type in "Chuck E Cheese Brawl" for examples of this. I hope if people have disagreements, they can resolve them in a kind way, instead of using their fists.

FlyerTalk is filled with stories of "seat squatters" who take someone else's seat and refuse to move. I'd like an end to this practice.

Most people who own dogs don't pick up after their dogs; they leave their dogs' feces on the sidewalk for people to step in, or on other peoples' lawns. I'd like every dog owner to understand that cleaning up after your dog is an obligation.

Elected officials in recent years have become too lenient on criminals, especially "low level" criminals like burglars and carjackers. This leniency has resulted in a huge increase not just in "low level" crime, but also in violent crime. I'd like this to end, so people in cities like Minneapolis aren't afraid to go to the grocery store at 3 PM.

Finally, although I've had disagreements with many people on Airliners.net, including some people who have posted in this thread, I've enjoyed our discussions. Whether you've supported me or flamed me, I hope 2022 brings you good health, prosperity, and happiness.

readytotaxi

Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:44 pm

I'd like to see all children taught courtesy and good manners.
I'd like to see more people take responsibility for their actions.
I'd like to see more people do a selfless act once a month.
And I would like to see more laughter in 2022. :wave:

notaxonrotax

Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:09 am

fr8mech wrote:
I would like people to stop using the words "fully vaccinated"...you're either vaccinated or not. That's my current trivial pet-peeve.

Pish!
A lot of people have had just a single dose, or haven`t had their booster yet.
I know of people that were accepted on a job based on the single dose (of a total of two) they have had.
The employer simply required the second dose to be taken ASAP.......and accepted this individual while not fully vaccinated.

Vaccination status may differ from just "None" or Fully".

I am afraid you need another Pet Peeve, as this particular phrase has true meaning!

No Tax On Rotax

ACDC8

Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:31 am

I just want to see some changes on a personal level. What happens in the world is out of my control so no point in stressing over it.

PhilBy

Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:31 pm

I'd like to see people voting for a political candidate based on policies, not 'who I've always voted for'. Of course a politician respecting election promises would be good.
The early Greeks claimed that the evolution of political parties was the death of Democracy.

ltbewr

Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:57 pm

Serious efforts in dealing with a number of issues including:
Dealing with human migration/immigration thought the world, especially to the USA
To deal with the Climate Change Crises
To prevent more authoritarian, right wing governance from coming into or keeping power.
Criminal prosecutions of many current and former politicians for corruption

fr8mech

Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:16 pm

notaxonrotax wrote:
Vaccination status may differ from just "None" or Fully".

If you don’t have the full course of a specified vaccination, you are not vaccinated. End of story.

N649DL

Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:26 pm

1. Family Relations Stabilized - All Stepparents and Mom & Dad have been selfish A-holes overall

2. Semiconductor shortage go away

3. COVID anxiety lets up & proper vaccines appear

4. Things just get back to normal & people start being people again. People have become so paranoid with COVID.

5. Roommates stop being grumpy and "finger pointing". No reason to be overly dramatic.

**FINALLY: Wireless Internet speeds & bandwidth go up with everyone working remote. I feel like there are cut outs every hour at some point. Also headset communication, communication channels like Slack and MS Teams, & PM channels (EG: Asana) have all become unreliable. Fix it!

PhilBy

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:08 pm

[/quote]

If you don’t have the full course of a specified vaccination, you are not vaccinated. End of story.[/quote]

But I have to repeat the tetanus vaccine every ten years until I die. Does that mean that I'll never qualify as vaccinated against tetanus?

fr8mech

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:29 pm

PhilBy wrote:
But I have to repeat the tetanus vaccine every ten years until I die. Does that mean that I'll never qualify as vaccinated against tetanus?

Not at all. You’re vaccinated until the vaccination expires…then you are no longer vaccinated.

Why is this hard to comprehend?

N649DL wrote:
**FINALLY: Wireless Internet speeds & bandwidth go up with everyone working remote. I feel like there are cut outs every hour

Damn straight. I’m here in suburban Athens and I revert to a very weak LTE signal all the time. The bandwidth just isn’t there.

It’s worse than it was back in September when I was here.

casinterest

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:37 pm

fr8mech wrote:

N649DL wrote:
**FINALLY: Wireless Internet speeds & bandwidth go up with everyone working remote. I feel like there are cut outs every hour

Damn straight. I’m here in suburban Athens and I revert to a very weak LTE signal all the time. The bandwidth just isn’t there.

Look into the below.
https://www.lifewire.com/reasons-why-wi ... rop-818210

One other item to note, is that 4K/8K broadcasting are becoming more prevalent as we go forward. That increases bandwidth usage. Especially with providers(ISP, and wireless) offering video services as part of their unlimited bundles.

StarAC17

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:45 pm

B777LRF wrote:
Ferrari and McLaren presenting viable challenges to the Red Bull/Mercedes dominance in F1

I want Lewis to come back, dominate and win his 8th championship in 2022 and then retire. :biggrin: :duck:

Then this can happen in 2023.

N649DL

Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:11 pm

casinterest wrote:
fr8mech wrote:

N649DL wrote:

Look into the below.
https://www.lifewire.com/reasons-why-wi ... rop-818210

One other item to note, is that 4K/8K broadcasting are becoming more prevalent as we go forward. That increases bandwidth usage. Especially with providers(ISP, and wireless) offering video services as part of their unlimited bundles.

That's why I got DISH. The bandwidth for streaming video has really been never there.

Drafran

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:28 am

I would like everyone who claims to be a good Christian, supports Donald Trump, or thinks wealthy white men are one of, or the most, oppressed and discriminated group of people on Earth get taken immediately into the physical presence of their magical old man that lives in the clouds. It would be like the satisfaction of flushing after a big dump.

Drafran

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:31 am

N626AA wrote:

On the eighth day--or was it the ninth--god created Xanax. And it was good.

fr8mech

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:46 am

Drafran wrote:
I would like everyone who claims to be a good Christian, supports Donald Trump, or thinks wealthy white men are one of, or the most, oppressed and discriminated group of people on Earth get taken immediately into the physical presence of their magical old man that lives in the clouds. It would be like the satisfaction of flushing after a big dump.

Interesting. Curious, do you wish that all the Muslims that claim to be good Muslims and that are doing the will of their brand of “magical old man that lives in the clouds” by killing all those that don’t believe the same thing as they do, also join him immediately. Or, are you just a racist and theological bigot?

Kiwirob

Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:07 am

I would like to see my local McDonalds bring back sausage and egg mcmuffins, they replaced the sausage with a beef patty, it's not right!

Christmas starts in December, not October.

fr8mech

Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:23 am

Kiwirob wrote:
I would like to see my local McDonalds bring back sausage and egg mcmuffins, they replaced the sausage with a beef patty, it's not right!

While I prefer the Egg McMuffin with the piece of Canadian Ham, this news is disturbing and scandalous.

chimborazo

Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:39 am

Kiwirob wrote:

Oh that just won’t do. Outrageous in fact. You’re in Norway, right? What’s the driver behind that decision- Is it local only or nationwide? I have never visited Norway and had intended to when everything calms down but this may be a deal breaker ;-)

They’ve got Easter eggs in my local shop (jk… but they will have in about five weeks)

fallap

Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:41 pm

I would like to see the public showing as much appraisal for us hard working bureaucrats as they do with doctors and nurses ;)

fallap

Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:09 pm

Also I would like to see Taiwan liberate mainland China and have Xi Xinping work in a shoe factory for the rest of his life

acavpics

Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:48 pm

1. End of lockdowns for countries with a >50% vaccination rate.
2. A lot less media scaremongering and hysteria. They purposely find the negative in everything to talk about.
3. Senator Kyrsten Sinema to get her act together and vote to abolish the filibuster.
4. Senator Joe Manchin condemned! I’d love to see nation wide mass protests specifically against him.
5. Trump and his cult in jail. QAnon supporters (Greene, Boebert, etc) expelled!

Oh and also I’d like to see people promoting healthy diet/lifestyle to boost protection against COCID rather than self isolation.

TheFlyingDisk

Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:57 pm

1) I want the increasing political polarization to stop. It's not just an American thing, but here in Malaysia things are getting just as polarized and it's really screwing up the country.
2) I wish we could stop giving idiots free publicity.
3) No more new Covid variants, please.
4) I hope that Sebastian Vettel & Fernando Alonso rise again and challenge at the front, and for Leclerc & Sainz to finally get the car that they deserve.

CitizenJustin

Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:56 am

There’s too much common sense here. Since common sense seems to be a thing of the past, I don’t see any reasonable changes for quite some time. We have so many brilliant people with excellent ideas and they rarely make it to office because people are conditioned to vote against their own interests. While we’re all shooting ourselves in the foot, the politicians are laughing all the way to the bank. I often wonder if they sit round after a long day and talk about their supporters like pawns in a game. Surely, even they’re shocked by what they can get away with and still have healthy support.

bombayduck

Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:15 am

In an ideal world there would be no famine or wars, no Donald Trump and his minions. Covid does not exist, everyone coexisted with each other. Then again this could be an alternate universe, you choose the reality of today’s George Orwell’s 1984. Or the utopia of an alternate universe, I know what I would choose, scary living in today’s world.

Kiwirob

Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:46 am

chimborazo wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Oh that just won’t do. Outrageous in fact. You’re in Norway, right? What’s the driver behind that decision- Is it local only or nationwide? I have never visited Norway and had intended to when everything calms down but this may be a deal breaker ;-)

I think it's nationwide, it's ruined the sausage McMuffin.

Kno

Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:42 am

readytotaxi wrote:
I'd like to see all children taught courtesy and good manners.
I'd like to see more people take responsibility for their actions.
I'd like to see more people do a selfless act once a month.
And I would like to see more laughter in 2022. :wave:

Wholesome. I’m down with all of the above!

Kno

Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:45 am

I’d like to see a lot less people making their political affiliations such a significant part of their identities. It amazes me how few people actually know anything about politics yet live and die by red and blue.

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:14 pm

N626AA wrote:

To what do you attribute your fear? Was there a proximate cause?

Drafran

Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:13 am

fr8mech wrote:
Drafran wrote:

Interesting. Curious, do you wish that all the Muslims that claim to be good Muslims and that are doing the will of their brand of “magical old man that lives in the clouds” by killing all those that don’t believe the same thing as they do, also join him immediately. Or, are you just a racist and theological bigot?

Quite frankly, I hope all the religious fruit loops get to their makers as quickly as possible. Life on Earth would be infinitely better as a result, and as a bonus, the median IQ of the people left on the planet would rise quite perceptively.

77Phoebe

Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:48 am

Drafran wrote:
fr8mech wrote:
Drafran wrote:

Quite frankly, I hope all the religious fruit loops get to their makers as quickly as possible. Life on Earth would be infinitely better as a result, and as a bonus, the median IQ of the people left on the planet would rise quite perceptively.

For there to be an end to the utterly unpleasantness being displayed to people who have differing views to others throughout society. Like the above post.

And I say that being a third generation atheist.

Aesma

Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:19 pm

COVID19 somehow disappearing, wouldn't it be nice !

There is a presidential election here in France, I hope the incumbent wins (both because I support him, and because we don't need to change again, the last time an incumbent won was 20 years ago). I can live with the other candidates that could realistically win, so I'm not too worried.

PhilBy wrote:
I'd like to see people voting for a political candidate based on policies, not 'who I've always voted for'. Of course a politician respecting election promises would be good.
The early Greeks claimed that the evolution of political parties was the death of Democracy.

We have a candidate pushing for that here in France, Jean-Luc Mélenchon. He commissioned pollsters who found that many of his proposals had a 50-80% approval rating. Yet he's polling at 10% (and didn't reach 20% last time around, with basically the same platform).

It seems when your policies are too "Santa like" people don't believe in them.

N14AZ

Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:53 pm

yonahleung wrote:
Border restrictions in Hong Kong. Now we are subject to 21 days of mandatory quarantines after travelling from practically anywhere outside Hong Kong, regardless of your vaccination status.
The quarantine requirement really should be removed when the world has already moved on and Omicron looks set to be the defining variant with a rather low severity.

I am hoping that Vietnam will remove the quarantine requirements, maybe in early summer of 2022.

As regards to China, my organization told me that there won’t be business trips until 2024. And I don’t mind.

Drafran

Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:24 pm

77Phoebe wrote:
Drafran wrote:
fr8mech wrote:

For there to be an end to the utterly unpleasantness being displayed to people who have differing views to others throughout society. Like the above post.

And I say that being a third generation atheist.

Well, thanks so much for sharing.

tomaheath

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:53 am

A republican majority in the US house and senate.