Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

StarAC17

Re: Are you ready for NFL playoffs!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:36 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Raiders just told GM he is not being reupped. They should do that to Carr and grab Wilson. Rumors McCarthy on chopping block.

You can go ahead and fire McCarthy but it isn't going to do a lick of good to improve the Cowboys. As long as Jerry Jones and his son Stephen are involved in football operations then the team is going to be meh.

They aren't football people, they made their money in oil and the Cowboys is Jerry's toy and he treats it as such. The times this team won under Jerry's ownership he had a coach with control such as Jimmy Johnson and for a short time Bill Parcells. These coaches want the owners to sign the checks and be hands off.

He will hire a yes man and the same result will happen.

ltbewr

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:05 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Raiders just told GM he is not being reupped. They should do that to Carr and grab Wilson. Rumors McCarthy on chopping block.

The Raiders GM made a few too many mistakes in drafts/free agents. They may defer to whoever will be the new GM to choose the HC and staff. That puts the interim coach in a tough spot despite how he got them to the playoffs, that the players like him to get a chance.

In Dallas it was their best chance to go to the SB in years. Someone has to go in JJ's ego.

Arizona was destroyed by LA Rams defense and passing game.
Next weekends match ups:
Saturday - Cincinnati at Tennessee - Cinci passing vs. Tenn's running game. Henry (RB) is supposed to be back for Tennessee, gives them an edge.
Saturday - SF 49er's at Green Bay - On the 'frozen tundra' I give GB a chance as at home, rested from their bye and 49er's lost some players this past weekend
Sunday - LA Rams at Tampa Bay - Good QB match-up, still give that advantage to TB and TB. Rams D' good. Could be a close game.
Sunday - Buffalo at Kansas City - Two of the top QB's in the NFL right now. Give edge to Buffalo due to weaknesses in KC's defense.

Newark727

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:54 pm

I'm just glad I got to see Arizona's ex-DL 777. :D

ER757

Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:49 pm

Murray looked completely lost out there against the Rams. First round in the books, two close games, three blowouts.
I expect the next round to feature more close games. The remaining teams are more closely matched, at least on paper.
Niners could be in trouble if Jimmy G's shoulder sprain is worse than he's letting on and if Warner and Bosa aren't ready to go. I expect the Packers to win regardless but it could be an upset if those guys are all healthy.
I am kind of rooting for the Bengals since they have had such a long playoff drought but the game in TN could be tough, especially if Henry is at full speed.
Rams/Bucs - I'm thinking Rams because Tampa Bay is missing some key players, but hard to bet against Brady.
Bills/Chiefs - could be the best game of the weekend, could go either way, but I'll take the Bills.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:35 pm

ltbewr wrote:
The Raiders GM made a few too many mistakes in drafts/free agents. They may defer to whoever will be the new GM to choose the HC and staff. That puts the interim coach in a tough spot despite how he got them to the playoffs, that the players like him to get a chance.

In Dallas it was their best chance to go to the SB in years. Someone has to go in JJ's ego.

Next weekends match ups:
Saturday - Cincinnati at Tennessee - Cinci passing vs. Tenn's running game. Henry (RB) is supposed to be back for Tennessee, gives them an edge.
Saturday - SF 49er's at Green Bay - On the 'frozen tundra' I give GB a chance as at home, rested from their bye and 49er's lost some players this past weekend
Sunday - LA Rams at Tampa Bay - Good QB match-up, still give that advantage to TB and TB. Rams D' good. Could be a close game.
Sunday - Buffalo at Kansas City - Two of the top QB's in the NFL right now. Give edge to Buffalo due to weaknesses in KC's defense.

The Raiders have the personell except for QB. Carr isn't a top tier QB and holding on to him is a mistake. Russel Wilson has leaked out he is exploring other options and it's time to do something. As for coach that is going to be a tough one but one thing is certain. Taking 3 false start penalties in one quarter is a total breakdown of coaching. They need some direction.

I think GB is on a collision course with either TB or Buffalo

ER757

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:55 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Next weekends match ups:

The Raiders have the personell except for QB. Carr isn't a top tier QB and holding on to him is a mistake. Russel Wilson has leaked out he is exploring other options and it's time to do something. As for coach that is going to be a tough one but one thing is certain. Taking 3 false start penalties in one quarter is a total breakdown of coaching. They need some direction.

I think GB is on a collision course with either TB or Buffalo

If I had to predict where Russell Wilson is going if he decides to leave the Seahawks, I'd say the Steelers. He really respects Mike Tomlin and they were a lot closer to getting to the Super Bowl than Seattle was and will be next year too. He's got a no trade clause in his contract so the Hawks can't just ship him off to a crappy team to get a high first round draft pick. I know he said last year that he'd consider going to the Raiders but with all the upheaval on that team this year and with a new GM coming in, he may have changed his tune.

910A

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:02 am

Newark727 wrote:
I'm just glad I got to see Arizona's ex-DL 777. :D

Your experience was probably better than watching the game.. I'm thinking this is the first time they flew with their own call sign which is "Cards Flight".

TangoandCash

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:41 am

StarAC17 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

You can go ahead and fire McCarthy but it isn't going to do a lick of good to improve the Cowboys. As long as Jerry Jones and his son Stephen are involved in football operations then the team is going to be meh.

They aren't football people, they made their money in oil and the Cowboys is Jerry's toy and he treats it as such. The times this team won under Jerry's ownership he had a coach with control such as Jimmy Johnson and for a short time Bill Parcells. These coaches want the owners to sign the checks and be hands off.

He will hire a yes man and the same result will happen.

Your line about the Cowboys being Jerry's toy is exactly right. His team, his rules, and anyone who has an opinion other than the party line (Johnson, Parcells) is quickly shown the door. Last Super Bowl win was in 1995. The only constant (other than the mediocrity) is Jerry Jones. As long as Jerry is owner/president/general manager, nothing will change. If Jerry would just be content to sit in the owner's suite and let a real football general manager run things, the Cowboys would be Super Bowl contenders every year. Get a top notch coach, build an actual team (there's plenty of talent, but most of it appears to be interested only in padding their stats and getting a big fat contract), and win the big games. But that won't happen.

As a long-time Cowboys hater, I do have to admire Jerry's marketing genius. America's team and all that. Love them or hate them, everyone talks about the Cowboys. And they're ranked as the most valuable sports team in the world ($5.7 billion last I looked). Does Jerry's ego want to win another Super Bowl? No doubt. But does Jerry's bank account really care? Not a bit.

DL717

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:11 pm

Bengals (somehow I think they pull this one out)
Packers (Mr. Pinkey Toe is healthy, wind and cold as heck)
Bucks
Bills (unless they scored all of their playoff points last week)

StarAC17

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:09 pm

DL717 wrote:
Bucks

- Completely agree the Bengals can pull it out. This is my strongest bet for an upset this week.
- I'm taking the 49ers. It might be cold but that would suit the 49ers if they can run and keep the ball away from Rodgers.
- Agree on the Bucs, the Rams are too inconsistent to be reliable.
- I think the Chiefs get this done but if the Bills win they are going to the SuperBowl.

tmu101

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:19 pm

Never understood why there is one AFC and one NFC game each Saturday and Sunday of Divisional Round (well i know why - $$$). Wish AFC would play both games either Saturday or Sunday and both NFC games the other day. This way both have equal days of rest prior to Divisional Championship Game. As it stands one team always gets an extra day of rest prior to the championship game. Only ok if team that gets the extra day of rest has to travel the following weekend then it kind of evens out but how often does that actually happen? My :twocents:

mke717spotter

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:40 am

I'll be in attendance at Lambeau Field on Saturday. Currently they're forecasting a high of 20 degrees F and it's supposed to approach 0 overnight. I was also there in 2014 for the playoff game against San Francisco and that day it was around 5 degrees at kickoff. The 49ers won that game, but the Packers were 8-7-1 that year. Rodgers is 0-3 against San Francisco in the playoffs and I can't see that continuing. After the season they've had this has to be a win. Apparently Garoppolo has something going on with his shoulder now, and it worth noting that in none of his 68 career starts has the temperature been below 40 degrees.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:17 pm

Why did Tennesse go for 2 after a TD down 0-6 early in the game? SMH I am glad I got chores done early today this game sucks and I can watch Rodgers at 5pm.

mke717spotter wrote:
I'll be in attendance at Lambeau Field on Saturday. Currently they're forecasting a high of 20 degrees F and it's supposed to approach 0 overnight. I was also there in 2014 for the playoff game against San Francisco and that day it was around 5 degrees at kickoff. The 49ers won that game, but the Packers were 8-7-1 that year. Rodgers is 0-3 against San Francisco in the playoffs and I can't see that continuing. After the season they've had this has to be a win. Apparently Garoppolo has something going on with his shoulder now, and it worth noting that in none of his 68 career starts has the temperature been below 40 degrees.

Currently 16F you are a brave soul.

LittleFokker

Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:58 am

Everybody's preseason favorite, the Cincinnati Bengals, is in the AFC Championship. Totally saw that coming.

Aaron747

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 am

StarAC17 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Bucks

- Completely agree the Bengals can pull it out. This is my strongest bet for an upset this week.
- I'm taking the 49ers. It might be cold but that would suit the 49ers if they can run and keep the ball away from Rodgers.
- I think the Chiefs get this done but if the Bills win they are going to the SuperBowl.

Niners D delivered again. Sorry Rodgers, still can't beat 'em.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:01 am

Aaron747 wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Bucks

Nope he sure can't. Wonder what the future holds for him.

DIRECTFLT

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:50 am

Great Breakdown of the Tannehill loss on NFL Rewind on ESPN:

https://youtu.be/s3zK9sOZM5E

If the upsets continue tomorrow, then it will be an all California NFC Championship with the 49ers vs the Rams. I hate the Rams more than the 49ers so I'm pulling for the 49ers to win that one.

And in the AFC, it would be the Bills vs CIN. I like the Bills story better than the Cincy story, so I pick the Bills to win that one.

And for the SB... let the Bills win, as I hate the 49ers.

ER757

Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:50 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Great Breakdown of the Tannehill loss on NFL Rewind on ESPN:

https://youtu.be/s3zK9sOZM5E

If the upsets continue tomorrow, then it will be an all California NFC Championship with the 49ers vs the Rams. I hate the Rams more than the 49ers so I'm pulling for the 49ers to win that one.

And in the AFC, it would be the Bills vs CIN. I like the Bills story better than the Cincy story, so I pick the Bills to win that one.

And for the SB... let the Bills win, as I hate the 49ers.

It's not out of the question that for the second year in a row, the Super Bowl could be a home game for the NFC champ. Never happened before last year, and now it could be twice in a row.
Was shocked that the 49'ers beat the Pack - especially after that opening drive by Green Bay. But Packers special teams were terrible all year and it bit them in the butt when it mattered most. As a Bears fan, I can't say i am sad about it :smile: Hoping for the Bills to beat KC but not expecting it to happen.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:48 pm

Wow the Rams came to play! Brady and Company in trouble.

phatfarmlines

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:49 am

NIKV69 wrote:

As a lifelong Bucs fan, sad to see.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:38 am

phatfarmlines wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

As a lifelong Bucs fan, sad to see.

That was the most insane ending. Nail biter in KC Lets go BUFFALO!

SoCalPilot

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:50 am

25 points in less than 2 minutes to end regulation...this Bills- Chiefs game is insane!

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:11 am

SoCalPilot wrote:
25 points in less than 2 minutes to end regulation...this Bills- Chiefs game is insane!

That was brutal, Buffalo can't kick it in the zone with 13 seconds left. Brutal.

Alias1024

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:54 am

NIKV69 wrote:
SoCalPilot wrote:

That was brutal, Buffalo can't kick it in the zone with 13 seconds left. Brutal.

Buffalo coaches would be getting roasted if they’d kicked it short and KC returned it into field goal range. Either choice had risk and they chose to give their defense a chance to make a play.

DIRECTFLT

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:57 am

BREAKING: NFL cancels the rest of the playoffs, will make the Super Bowl a best-of-7 series between the Chiefs and Bills

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/14 ... 6017899522

ltbewr

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:00 am

ltbewr wrote:
Next weekends match ups:
[/quote]

I hope anyone who saw my predictions and bet on them took the opposite. Totally blew it. 0-4. I am glad I don't bet on sports. Still some interesting games. First time in 12 years either Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers not in the AFC/NFC title games. Now Cincy at KC, SF at LA. No comment on who may win.

mke717spotter

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:41 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

What a brutal loss. Three straight 13-win seasons and zero trips to the Super Bowl. The offense obviously didn't play good enough and Rodgers gets some of the blame for that, but the three biggest plays in my mind were Marcedes Lewis's fumble on the second drive when they were in 49ers territory, the blocked field goal, and the blocked punt. Their special teams, which had been horrible all season, cost them 10 points.

I still think Rodgers' best chance to win is with the Packers. They've got some salary cap issues to sort out, but the rest of the division is a mess. The Lions have been perennial losers, and Chicago and Minnesota both just fired their head coaches. Green Bay's schedule next year appears manageable and now there are also some whispers that today may have been Brady's last game. Just remember that almost none of the pundits thought Rodgers would actually end up playing in Green Bay this season after the news of his issues with the team surfaced back in April.

Aaron747

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:43 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
BREAKING: NFL cancels the rest of the playoffs, will make the Super Bowl a best-of-7 series between the Chiefs and Bills

:rotfl: That’s a good one!

DIRECTFLT

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:01 am

This is the first time in 12 years, that a Conference Championship will not feature Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status ... 4876363778

ER757

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:02 pm

SoCalPilot wrote:

That was unreal. When Bills scored with just under 2 minutes left, I texted a buddy and said they scored way too soon. Sure enough KC goes right down the field and scores. I did NOT expect the Bills to respond but when they did, I figured it was over. But here come the Chiefs with 13 seconds left and they tie it up. Crazy
As soon as they won the coin toss, I knew that the Chiefs were never going to give the ball back to Allen.

StarAC17

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:17 pm

I got 3 of 4 in my picks :mrgreen:

I actually picked San Fran and just had a feeling in a snowy night they had an advantage.

Only one I was wrong on was the Bucs who nearly pulled that out coming back from 27-3 down. That's a normal day for Brady.

mke717spotter wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

What a brutal loss. Three straight 13-win seasons and zero trips to the Super Bowl. The offense obviously didn't play good enough and Rodgers gets some of the blame for that, but the three biggest plays in my mind were Marcedes Lewis's fumble on the second drive when they were in 49ers territory, the blocked field goal, and the blocked punt. Their special teams, which had been horrible all season, cost them 10 points.

I still think Rodgers' best chance to win is with the Packers. They've got some salary cap issues to sort out, but the rest of the division is a mess. The Lions have been perennial losers, and Chicago and Minnesota both just fired their head coaches. Green Bay's schedule next year appears manageable and now there are also some whispers that today may have been Brady's last game. Just remember that almost none of the pundits thought Rodgers would actually end up playing in Green Bay this season after the news of his issues with the team surfaced back in April.

I don't doubt the man's talent but I hope he doesn't get much more success in the NFL and this isn't because of Covid.
He isn't a leader and is just a jerk who has no relationship with his family and doesn't seem to really engage with his teammates. Packers fans deserve better and if he goes to a place like Pittsburgh I don't think he can push around a guy like Tomlin.

We saw QB's who are leaders this weekend and he wasn't one of them.

DIRECTFLT wrote:

That was the Superbowl. The winner of that game was the SB favourite going into championship weekend especially with the Bucs losing. As much as an amazing year Cincinnati has had I can't see them going into Arrowhead and winning and I can't see the 49ers winning even though they know the Rams.

I predict Rams-Chiefs superbowl and unless you are Bengals or 49ers fan, this is what everyone wants.
Vegas has this about right looking at the opening lines.

Chiefs -6.5
Rams -3.5

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:21 pm

ER757 wrote:
SoCalPilot wrote:

That was unreal. When Bills scored with just under 2 minutes left, I texted a buddy and said they scored way too soon. Sure enough KC goes right down the field and scores. I did NOT expect the Bills to respond but when they did, I figured it was over. But here come the Chiefs with 13 seconds left and they tie it up. Crazy
As soon as they won the coin toss, I knew that the Chiefs were never going to give the ball back to Allen.

The Bills should have not kicked the ball in the endzone with 13 seconds left. That was so stupid. Kick it along the ground or a short kick forces the Chiefs to touch the ball and burn at least 3-4 secs. Unreal.

As for OT just play another quarter with 2 times outs each. It's a heck of a lot more fair.

TangoandCash

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:44 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
I don't doubt the man's talent but I hope he doesn't get much more success in the NFL and this isn't because of Covid.
He isn't a leader and is just a jerk who has no relationship with his family and doesn't seem to really engage with his teammates. Packers fans deserve better and if he goes to a place like Pittsburgh I don't think he can push around a guy like Tomlin.

We saw QB's who are leaders this weekend and he wasn't one of them.

I will eat my cheesehead if Rodgers is in a Packers uniform next year. He's always been a bit of a prima donna, but went into major pima donna mode since Love was drafted, and the full on diva fit he threw this past offseason... Time to move on. He's always wanted to play for the 49ers (maybe that's why he hasn't beaten them in the playoffs), but I don't see Jimmy G going anywhere.

MohawkWeekend

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:08 pm

I've been following NFL football for about 60 years. One - these were the best 4 playoffs games in one weekend ever and 2) the Bills-Chiefs game was the most exciting game I have ever seen. Live in Cleveland so I can only dream that I'll see that here before I check out.

casinterest

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:16 pm

I am hurting because my fantasy team was destroyed by the TB loss, but good games yesterday.

Cincinnati KC is going to be a heck of a game

So is LA against SF.

I am predicting KC vs LA for the SB

ER757

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:23 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
ER757 wrote:
SoCalPilot wrote:

The Bills should have not kicked the ball in the endzone with 13 seconds left. That was so stupid. Kick it along the ground or a short kick forces the Chiefs to touch the ball and burn at least 3-4 secs. Unreal.

As for OT just play another quarter with 2 times outs each. It's a heck of a lot more fair.

:checkmark: and :checkmark: I agree on both counts. Was very surprised when they kicked deep and thought it might spell disaster. I have always felt the OT rule was dumb, especially in the playoffs. The game shouldn't be decided by a coin toss. Both teams should get the ball at least once. It's bad enough in the regular season, but it's happened several times in the post-season including in the Super Bowl and that isn't right, never has been. I have a sneaking suspicion it is going to change

StarAC17

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:50 pm

ER757 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
ER757 wrote:

:checkmark: and :checkmark: I agree on both counts. Was very surprised when they kicked deep and thought it might spell disaster. I have always felt the OT rule was dumb, especially in the playoffs. The game shouldn't be decided by a coin toss. Both teams should get the ball at least once. It's bad enough in the regular season, but it's happened several times in the post-season including in the Super Bowl and that isn't right, never has been. I have a sneaking suspicion it is going to change

I think the Bill's mentality is that if they squib it or have to kick to Hill that they risk the ball being returned back for a TD with time expiring or they get a return that puts KC within field position and they took their chances. I don't think it mattered what Buffalo did KC was tying that game with all of their timeouts left.

As for overtime. I am fine with what they do in the regular season but I would do the college/CFL shootout style for the playoffs.

DL717

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:47 pm

I’m not doing anymore picks. My predictions this year have been abysmal. :o

Pack and Bills killed me. Both could have easily won and the Bucs had every opportunity. Screw these guys. I’m out. :D

Alright… Chiefs and Rams. Going for the jinx.

SoCalPilot

Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:53 pm

DL717 wrote:
I’m not doing anymore picks. My predictions this year have been abysmal. :o

Pack and Bills killed me. Both could have easily won and the Bucs had every opportunity. Screw these guys. I’m out. :D

Alright… Chiefs and Rams. Going for the jinx.

I'm gonna go opposite of you, with SF and Cincy winning and Cincy beating them to win it all.

Let's see how wrong I'll be!

Tugger

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:37 am

I'm hoping for people vs people or animal vs animal in the Superbowl.

Tugg

DL717

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:23 am

Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Need more of this. LOL

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... 504ek9gfd7

Aaron747

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:18 am

Vey amused by the reactions to Aaron Rodgers’s whinefest that the whole nation was rooting against him and the Pack due to his vaccination status. You created that situation dude...live with it :lol:

Tugger

Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:20 pm

Wow! That was an impressive game and win by the Bengals.

AFC Champions, the Cincinnati Bengals!

Tugg

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:15 am

Tugger wrote:

Tugg
ne

Insane! Wonder what Brittany Matthews is doing with that champagnge lol.

Tugger

Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:12 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg
ne

Lavage?

(Sorry couldn't resist. Between her and Jackson, it makes me just not like Mahomes. Someone needs to sit those two down.).

Tugg

B717fan

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:40 am

And the LA Rams are going to the Super Bowl. Final score: 20-17 Rams.

phatfarmlines

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:44 am

Looks like its going to be Bengals vs Rams, with Rams having homefield advantage.

So 2nd Super Bowl where one team has homefield advantage (after Bucs/Chiefs game last year at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa?)

StarAC17

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:36 am

Tugger wrote:

Tugg

We got Animal vs Animal.

stlgph

Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:06 am

Tugger wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg
ne

Lavage?

(Sorry couldn't resist. Between her and Jackson, it makes me just not like Mahomes. Someone needs to sit those two down.).

Tugg

https://twitter.com/PaigeSpiranac

Tugger

Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:31 am

StarAC17 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

We got Animal vs Animal.

:bigthumbsup:

Tugg