Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NIKV69
Topic Author

Are you ready for NFL playoffs!

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:35 am

Omg the Raiders were going to run out the clock so both they and the Chargers get in the playoffs and the coach of the Chargers calls a time out? LOL he may be out of work soon. Are you ready for the push to the SuperBowl?

I was a Raider Fan before they came to LV I don't like Carr he sucks but Bengals are doable so you never know.

Other games.

Pats-Bills will be a war but Buffalo and Allen have to prove they are winners.

Eagles-Bucs I think Brady will take this one handily.

Niners-Dallas If Dallas loses this game I think Jerry Jones will go postal.

Pitt-KC Think KC wins this easily.

AZ-LA? May be the closest game of the weekend.

Lets hear who you are pulling for. I want LV but feel GB wins it all with the discount double check.
Last edited by qf789 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title for clarity

bpatus297

Re: Are you ready for NFL playoffs!

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:01 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Omg the Raiders were going to run out the clock so both they and the Chargers get in the playoffs and the coach of the Chargers calls a time out? LOL he may be out of work soon. Are you ready for the push to the SuperBowl?

I was a Raider Fan before they came to LV I don't like Carr he sucks but Bengals are doable so you never know.

Other games.

Lets hear who you are pulling for. I want LV but feel GB wins it all with the discount double check.

In contrast to your Raiders, I say LETS GO BENGALS!!!! WHO DEY!!!

Aaron747

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:49 pm

I have no idea how the Niners squeaked in, but we Bay Area faithful will take it.

casinterest

Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:21 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022 ... ostseason/

Nice bracket for all with the rules and times.

The Patriots vs Bills--> The Patriots were on fire before the final 4 game slide. The Bills do seem to have more talent this year. Tough game to call. As it is in Buffalo, I will go with the Bills.
Raiders at Bengals--->The Bengalis have more consistency. Bengals
Eagles at Bucs--->Brady and company look tough. Bucs
49rs at Cowboys-->Cowboys get it done,
Steelers at Chiefs-->Chiefs need to get healthier production from WR. Chiefs.
Cardinals at Rams-->Cardinals The Rams have issues firing on all cylinders.

DIRECTFLT

Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:35 pm

https://sports.nbcsports.com/2022/01/10 ... off-times/

NFL Super Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, January 15

4:30 p.m ET: (5) Las Vegas Raiders at (4) Cincinnati Bengals
TV channel: NBC, Peacock
8:15 p.m. ET: (6) New England Patriots at (3) Buffalo Bills
TV channel: CBS

Sunday, January 16

1:00 p.m. ET: (7) Philadelphia Eagles at (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TV channel: FOX
4:30 p.m. ET: (6) San Francisco 49ers at (3) Dallas Cowboys
TV channel: CBS, Nickelodeon, Amazon Prime Video
8:15 p.m. ET: (7) Pittsburgh Steelers at (2) Kansas City Chiefs
TV channel: NBC, Peacock

Monday, January 17

8:00 p.m. ET: (5) Arizona Cardinals at (4) Los Angeles Rams
TV channel: ESPN, ABC, ESPN2

ER757

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:04 pm

NIK - I agree the Chargers coach may be in the unemployment line. Not only did he call that senseless time out, he went for it on 4th down from their own 18 yard line earlier in the game which led to easy points for the Raiders. He apparently learned nothing from trying that three times against the Chiefs instead of taking sure field goals. They ended up losing that game in OT as well.
I am hoping it's anyone except the Cowboys or Chiefs. Hate the Cowboys more than any other team in any sport and I am really tired of every TV play by play and color man going completely gaga over Mahomes. He's good, but he isn't doing anything Fran Tarkenton didn't do 40 years ago. I picked the Rams pre-season but I have my doubts now. Packers seem to be the best team right now.
Let the games begin!

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:06 pm

bpatus297 wrote:

Should be a good game. If the Raiders pass rush plays the same your QB better watch out.

Aaron747 wrote:
I have no idea how the Niners squeaked in, but we Bay Area faithful will take it.

It is amazing how inconsistent Garoppolo is he can be the best QB in the league then completely suck.

bpatus297

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:32 pm

casinterest wrote:

The Patriots vs Bills--> The Patriots were on fire before the final 4 game slide. The Bills do seem to have more talent this year. Tough game to call. As it is in Buffalo, I will go with the Bills.

Don't pick my Bengals, we do better as the underdog. We have a long curse to break.......01/06/1991

bpatus297

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:35 pm

ER757 wrote:
NIK - I agree the Chargers coach may be in the unemployment line. Not only did he call that senseless time out, he went for it on 4th down from their own 18 yard line earlier in the game which led to easy points for the Raiders. He apparently learned nothing from trying that three times against the Chiefs instead of taking sure field goals. They ended up losing that game in OT as well.
I am hoping it's anyone except the Cowboys or Chiefs. Hate the Cowboys more than any other team in any sport and I am really tired of every TV play by play and color man going completely gaga over Mahomes. He's good, but he isn't doing anything Fran Tarkenton didn't do 40 years ago. I picked the Rams pre-season but I have my doubts now. Packers seem to be the best team right now.
Let the games begin!

Its interesting to see the amount of coaches going for it on 4th down lately. I think it has to do with the analytics the coaches seem to be putting more faith in. I like it as its more exciting, but there does seem to be a lot of FGs left on the table because of it.

bpatus297

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:38 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Should be a good game. If the Raiders pass rush plays the same your QB better watch out.

Aaron747 wrote:

It is amazing how inconsistent Garoppolo is he can be the best QB in the league then completely suck.

Pick your plosion, Boyd, Higgins, Chase, or Mixon. That's a lot of talent to prepare for. First team with a 4K passer, 1K rusher, and two 1K receivers all of them are under 25. Here's to a good game!

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:38 pm

ER757 wrote:
Let the games begin!

Yea got to punt it there. I like Packers and Bills are my dark horse.

Aaron747

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:42 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Aaron747 wrote:

QB is not the only Niners issue. Way too many penalties for the secondary this season.

StarAC17

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:20 pm

Not playoff related but its also black Monday and as a Dolphins fans I am asking my self what the actual bleep. :banghead: :banghead:

They fired Brian Flores after 3 seasons. They didn't make the playoffs I guess but they won 8 of their last 9 this year and had they beat the Jags or the Raiders this year they would have been in this one. The teams was definitely on the right track.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-fire- ... ee-seasons

Alias1024

Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:01 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
Not playoff related but its also black Monday and as a Dolphins fans I am asking my self what the actual bleep. :banghead: :banghead:

They fired Brian Flores after 3 seasons. They didn't make the playoffs I guess but they won 8 of their last 9 this year and had they beat the Jags or the Raiders this year they would have been in this one. The teams was definitely on the right track.

As a fellow Dolphins fan I have to ask you, are you really surprised? The only thing the franchise has been good at since Dan Marino retired is disfunction. Brian Flores bringing some sense of discipline to the team simply couldn’t be tolerated, as it threatened the one core competency of the organization.

This is such a Dolphins move.

Is Adam Gase available to return? :vomit:

ER757

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:00 pm

StarAC17 wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you that he should have been kept on. I am, however, overjoyed that the Bears got rid of Nagy and their useless GM. All I can say is "bye bye dummies"

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:07 pm

StarAC17 wrote:

Story beginning to develop he didn't get along with GM and QB.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... d=msedgntp

PlaneEnjoyer7

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:14 pm

My team didn't make the playoffs, but at least we got a top 3 pick in this year's draft. Plus Mills looked good yesterday.

mke717spotter

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:35 pm

To me the NFC side of the bracket is way more unpredictable. I could realistically see all of the home teams getting upset. Yes, even the Buccaneers, who are missing some key players and probably should've lost to the Jets last weekend.

The Packers are getting some big names back (Za’Darius Smith, David Bakhtiari, Jaire Alexander) but really none of those guys have seen much game action in such a long time so I don't know that you can just throw them back in there for the playoffs and expect them to all to be in top form straight away. I'm somewhat wary of the Rams because Green Bay would be going for their third straight win at home over them in the past year and there's a lot of talent on that roster. It will be interesting to see if the weather in Green Bay plays more a factor this year.

StarAC17 wrote:

Some of these organizations just have no patience and there's way too much turnover. Unless there are some prime head coaching candidates out there, making a change just for the sake of making a change doesn't make much sense to me.

TWA772LR

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:42 pm

I'd love to see the 9ers take it. I wouldn't mind AZ neither since most on my beloved Texans stars are there now. DeAndre deserves a ring!

Dutchy

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:44 pm

"Are you ready for NFL playoffs!" for the what.......?

Neh, just kidding, have fun my American friends. 8-)

TWA772LR

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:45 pm

I'd love to see the 9ers take it. I wouldn't mind AZ neither since most on my beloved Texans stars are there now. DeAndre deserves a ring!

StarAC17

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:43 am

Dutchy wrote:
"Are you ready for NFL playoffs!" for the what.......?

Neh, just kidding, have fun my American friends. 8-)

70 days until F1 is back :bigthumbsup:

DL717

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:17 pm

ER757 wrote:

Different town, same Chargers. :lol:

ER757

Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:51 pm

DL717 wrote:
ER757 wrote:

Amen to that - perennial underachievers

StarAC17

Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:31 pm

DL717 wrote:
ER757 wrote:

I know a coach who was fired that wanted to draft Herbert and focuses on defense. He is one out of the Belichick coaching tree that actually has competed for playoffs spots with a limited QB and a very bad offensive line. :mrgreen:

Tell the chargers to give him a call before he gets cursed coaching the Bears. :duck:

mke717spotter wrote:
Some of these organizations just have no patience and there's way too much turnover. Unless there are some prime head coaching candidates out there, making a change just for the sake of making a change doesn't make much sense to me.

I think a part of it is that billionaires are (rightfully) arrogant. They treat the sports team as a toy (ask any Cowboys fan) and they feel that because they made a lot of money in a particular field that doing it in sports is easy-peasy. This is a serious business and needs to be treated as such and the owners who don't interfere (Robert Kraft and the Rooney's) they tend to win because they put the football people in charge.

I would also add in the Mara's but the Giants have been a mess for the last 5-10 years.

StarAC17

Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:10 pm

casinterest wrote:

Now for actual picks.

Pats - Bills. I got the Bills winning, Allen can beat you many ways and I don't think Mac Jones has it just yet. Especially on Saturday night when its going to be freezing and snowing
    Raiders and Bengals - Calling an upset here and the Raiders win. I would like to see Cinci break their playoff curse though.
    Eagles at Bucs - Brady wins (I think he is going to his 11th SB)
    49ers at Cowboys. - The Boys have got this.
    Steelers and Chiefs - Cheifs win but I hope Ben keeps it to at least somewhat of a game.
    Cardinals at Rams - I think Arizona wins this

casinterest

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:45 pm

I may have to change my Bill-Pats pic. The temp forecast(negatives) will destroy the passing game, which will actually do wonders for the Patriots D.

DL717

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:28 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Other games.

I like the Bills, but I think the Patriots win.
Bucs
Dallas
KC. Even Ben doesn’t think they have a chance.
Arizona
Cincinnati

StarAC17

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:51 pm

casinterest wrote:
I may have to change my Bill-Pats pic. The temp forecast(negatives) will destroy the passing game, which will actually do wonders for the Patriots D.

Good thinking. I can't wait for this game though as these winter games are what make Football awesome. I hope next week its the same at Lambeau.

FLYFIRSTCLASS

Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:09 pm

As much as I love the 49ers, I don't think they can beat Dallas. But I would love to see Jerry Jones go postal!

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:02 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Good thinking. I can't wait for this game though as these winter games are what make Football awesome. I hope next week its the same at Lambeau.

We could use another Ice Bowl!

ER757

Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:52 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

It could happen. Not inconceivable that Dallas and Green Bay could meet at Lambeau for the NFC championship. I really hope not due to my deep-seated hatred for all things Cowboy, but you never know

LittleFokker

Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:44 am

Congratulations to the 'Natti for breaking the drought.

Random thought: there are two division rematches in the 1st round, and in both cases, the road team won both meetings. I wonder how many times that has occurred in postseason history?

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:08 am

LittleFokker wrote:
Congratulations to the 'Natti for breaking the drought.

Random thought: there are two division rematches in the 1st round, and in both cases, the road team won both meetings. I wonder how many times that has occurred in postseason history?

Happy for them though Carr sucks! I also don't know why the team is campaigning to keep Bisaccia he sucks too I mean they couldn't get the plays in on time. If there is a team that needs Jim Harbaugh it's the Raiders and also Josh Allen is so good it was great to see the Pats get that smack down.

casinterest

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:45 pm

ER757 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:

It could happen. Not inconceivable that Dallas and Green Bay could meet at Lambeau for the NFC championship. I really hope not due to my deep-seated hatred for all things Cowboy, but you never know

I messed up that NE vs Buf pick
Buffalo was firing on all cylinders.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:04 pm

casinterest wrote:
ER757 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Josh Allen is so amazing. You don't think he is running fast but he is flying out there! No Fournette for Tampa that can be an issue. Still can't believe Jags let him go then again he wanted to leave.

casinterest

Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:18 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
ER757 wrote:

Josh Allen is so amazing. You don't think he is running fast but he is flying out there! No Fournette for Tampa that can be an issue. Still can't believe Jags let him go then again he wanted to leave.

Allen looked great last night. New England looked horrible. Not sure why the difference from 4 weeks ago.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:30 pm

What happened to the Eagles? I swear I am watching the NY Giants play the Bucs right now.

Alias1024

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:39 pm

Eagles showed up for the 4th quarter. Unfortunately for them the first three quarters also count.

stl07

Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:01 am

Sucks to suck texas

Jetsgo

Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:02 am

Niners barely hang on for the win! Wild game.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:15 am

Jetsgo wrote:

QB running up the middle with no time outs? WTH.

Aaron747

Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:16 am

Jetsgo wrote:

That was totally crazy. Refs getting a bad rap from both sides' fans but I thought it was actually a well-called game until that non-false start in 4Q. Dallas D just can't do anything with the ground game.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:44 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:

That was totally crazy. Refs getting a bad rap from both sides' fans but I thought it was actually a well-called game until that non-false start in 4Q. Dallas D just can't do anything with the ground game.

The officiating has been terrible, that roughing the passer call against Philly was a joke though it didn't matter, Eagles played so bad. Every game has been terrible. Mistakes, penalties bad coaching.

Aaron747

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:42 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:

The officiating has been terrible, that roughing the passer call against Philly was a joke though it didn't matter, Eagles played so bad. Every game has been terrible. Mistakes, penalties bad coaching.

True, other games were bad from what I've seen. But as regards DAL, regardless of the refs, you can't expect to win allowing an average 6 yards per carry.

ER757

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:46 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:

It's been horrible all season. The NFL really needs to do something about terrible officiating - it's ruining the game. I'm not sure which is more infuriating, the missed calls or the ones that should never have been penalties and change the game dramatically.

Tugger

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:08 pm

ER757 wrote:
It's been horrible all season. The NFL really needs to do something about terrible officiating - it's ruining the game. I'm not sure which is more infuriating, the missed calls or the ones that should never have been penalties and change the game dramatically.

The problem is that you have two opposing elements at work:
1. The teams and players moving fast and trying only to benefit themselves as much as they can. Often they need to protect the clock as well and don't and can't make real space for anything that gets in the way.
2. Officiating crews that must get things exactly right and need to see everything and make any relevant decisions and calls. They need time for that, they need space and to be "near the action" at the very least which often means they are in the action as it moves fluidly and fast.

These are incompatible things on many ways. How does one accommodate the other?

I guess one way now could be to remove officials from the field and do it all from the booth with cameras (with a few available on the field to come in as needed when called for). But most people don't want that. Another could be to stop the clock all the time between downs to allow for officiating tasks but that will make the game even longer than it is.

Tugg

StarAC17

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:19 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:

They need to change that call to what they do with punters. 5 yards (no automatic first down) for incidental contact and 15 for actual roughing.

There was a stupid call in the KC/Pittsburgh game as well as the Cincinnati/Vegas game. These guys are backing off clearly and its not easy for a 275lb linebacker to stop suddenly. I am surprised how much QB's are protected that we don't see more of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUC1rGR2-Mo

Furthermore I don't like that so many penalties result in automatic first downs. I would change it that only the 15 yard penalties only and even then if you are roughed and its 3rd and 20 that's on you. You now get a 3rd and 5.

My two cents.

ltbewr

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:40 pm

So far the usual blowouts, close games, officiating whiffs, and Tom Brady winning another playoff game.

NE looked awful, no running game like they used in that 3 pass game they won a few weeks before vs. Buffalo. Buffalo had its act together on both sides of the ball. 7 times they had the ball they scored touchdowns each time, no interceptions, no punts, no field goals, something that never happened in a playoff or any other NFL game.

TB & TB another playoff win. Philly couldn't get its running game going and their curse at QB continued.

Cinci had a big lead, almost lost in a failed Raiders comeback. Broke a decades long playoff win drought.

Pittsburgh was awful, Ben can't throw more than 15 yards and thankfully he is out and retiring. KC's defense stepped up and Mahones was in prime time.

Dallas vs. 49ers had no running game or just couldn't get it going, they misused their time outs at the end of the game blowing their chance of tying, going into OT and possibly winning. Plenty of whining in Dallas (and I love it).

Still have the Cardinals - Rams game Monday night. Will be interesting who wins this.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:59 pm

Raiders just told GM he is not being reupped. They should do that to Carr and grab Wilson. Rumors McCarthy on chopping block.