Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
pune
Topic Author
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:19 am

Just saw this today -

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... p-in-wales?

Tells you a lot about the man doesn't it.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:47 am

Yes, it does. He is a very calculated politician. Bizarrely calculated: ever wondered why he looks like it does?

Link to John Oliver segment on this. The question: 'what he does to relax: 'is so damn calculated' that it is so hilarious.
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:24 am

John Crace is usually one of the pool of reporters covering parliament, a sketch writer meaning covering proceedings in a loosely humorous way, though Crace is genuinely funny, unlike one you often see on early morning TV news, Quentin Letts, another spluttering overgrown public schoolboy like Johnson who he is is an apologist for.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20756
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:46 am

Thread title reads like nobody else is making fun of the idiot. The sooner he’s history the better. As long as his female equivalent, Liz Truss, doesn’t take over.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:38 am

Given all the scandals being made public, he is on his way out. My prediction is that he will be out of Number 10 before the summer.
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:54 am

scbriml wrote:
Thread title reads like nobody else is making fun of the idiot. The sooner he’s history the better. As long as his female equivalent, Liz Truss, doesn’t take over.


Given that he has surrounded himself with equally clownish or just plain compromised people, little choice, plus the Tory grassroots members (even more batshit crazy and nasty) like Truss, it could well be her.
They loved Johnson too, especially his long record of racist comments, lying, corruption, being sacked from every job he’s ever had - for lying - they will likely choose someone to continue the ongoing toxicity of their party.
Fine by me, could not be any more embarrassing for this country than the last 5 years.

£39 billion on a Track and Trace system that did not work, so likely increased COVID transmission, given to a Tory Party donor who previously showed her expertise in large data handling by screwing up a major comms company, who had already pulled strings to put on a major and crowded horse racing event as the rest of Europe
was locking down, in the Health Secretary’s constituency.

39 Bn, that’s two James Webb Space Telescopes or 9 Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers.
But this bunch of crooks, taxpayers money going to their donors and friends is not a waste, only if the opposition spend money, even if wisely and properly with none of this ‘VIP Lanes’ for Tory donors subsequently found to be illegal, in fact funneling public money to wealthy donors is why they went into politics.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 16146
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:29 pm

PM Johnson's total cock up (to use a British term) as to Brexit and its fallout should be the main reason to end his term as PM, much more than involvement at several hypocritical parties.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:55 pm

ltbewr wrote:
PM Johnson's total cock up (to use a British term) as to Brexit and its fallout should be the main reason to end his term as PM, much more than involvement at several hypocritical parties.


I agree with the complete and utter cock up part. Politician rarely ends their political life on the issue's that truly matter, it is mostly these kinds of things. He has lost the confidence of the party and now all these 'scandals' path the way for his resignation.
 
art
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:46 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:25 pm

An amusing disaster that has ceased to be so amusing IMO. Trouble is that he purged all MP's who had contrary ideas before the last 'Let's get Brexit done' election. A bit like with Jo Stalin, who is there to replace him now when he goes?
 
pune
Topic Author
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:47 pm

art wrote:
An amusing disaster that has ceased to be so amusing IMO. Trouble is that he purged all MP's who had contrary ideas before the last 'Let's get Brexit done' election. A bit like with Jo Stalin, who is there to replace him now when he goes?


Although there is Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak, but both aren't good vote-pullers (apparently). But with Johnson and the parties, it has become difficult for them to use him as a prime ministerial candidate again. Rishi Sunak with his tax increases isn't the favorite and Liz Truss with her useless trade deals would probably be the one. One can't discount Preity patel as well. Basically all lunatics.
 
CranfordBoy
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:48 pm

GDB wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Thread title reads like nobody else is making fun of the idiot. The sooner he’s history the better. As long as his female equivalent, Liz Truss, doesn’t take over.


Given that he has surrounded himself with equally clownish or just plain compromised people, little choice, plus the Tory grassroots members (even more batshit crazy and nasty) like Truss, it could well be her.
They loved Johnson too, especially his long record of racist comments, lying, corruption, being sacked from every job he’s ever had - for lying - they will likely choose someone to continue the ongoing toxicity of their party.
Fine by me, could not be any more embarrassing for this country than the last 5 years.

£39 billion on a Track and Trace system that did not work, so likely increased COVID transmission, given to a Tory Party donor who previously showed her expertise in large data handling by screwing up a major comms company, who had already pulled strings to put on a major and crowded horse racing event as the rest of Europe
was locking down, in the Health Secretary’s constituency.

39 Bn, that’s two James Webb Space Telescopes or 9 Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers.
But this bunch of crooks, taxpayers money going to their donors and friends is not a waste, only if the opposition spend money, even if wisely and properly with none of this ‘VIP Lanes’ for Tory donors subsequently found to be illegal, in fact funneling public money to wealthy donors is why they went into politics.


I'm no apologist for Boris but the £37 billion for test and trace was the total budget and is not the amount spent:
https://fullfact.org/health/nhs-test-and-trace-cost/

That said, even £13billion in the first year is a mind boggling waste of tax payer money and I agree with your comments about the utterly corrupt way the contract was awarded.

IMO Boris is history; its only a question of when. The Conservative Party is ruthless at getting rid of leaders deemed to be a liability. My guess is they will replace him about 18 months before the next election. The new leader then goes in with a clean slate and blames past troubles on Boris. Unless, of course, the current police investigation into lockdown parties decides laws have been broken....
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:12 pm

CranfordBoy wrote:
GDB wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Thread title reads like nobody else is making fun of the idiot. The sooner he’s history the better. As long as his female equivalent, Liz Truss, doesn’t take over.


Given that he has surrounded himself with equally clownish or just plain compromised people, little choice, plus the Tory grassroots members (even more batshit crazy and nasty) like Truss, it could well be her.
They loved Johnson too, especially his long record of racist comments, lying, corruption, being sacked from every job he’s ever had - for lying - they will likely choose someone to continue the ongoing toxicity of their party.
Fine by me, could not be any more embarrassing for this country than the last 5 years.

£39 billion on a Track and Trace system that did not work, so likely increased COVID transmission, given to a Tory Party donor who previously showed her expertise in large data handling by screwing up a major comms company, who had already pulled strings to put on a major and crowded horse racing event as the rest of Europe
was locking down, in the Health Secretary’s constituency.

39 Bn, that’s two James Webb Space Telescopes or 9 Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers.
But this bunch of crooks, taxpayers money going to their donors and friends is not a waste, only if the opposition spend money, even if wisely and properly with none of this ‘VIP Lanes’ for Tory donors subsequently found to be illegal, in fact funneling public money to wealthy donors is why they went into politics.


I'm no apologist for Boris but the £37 billion for test and trace was the total budget and is not the amount spent:
https://fullfact.org/health/nhs-test-and-trace-cost/

That said, even £13billion in the first year is a mind boggling waste of tax payer money and I agree with your comments about the utterly corrupt way the contract was awarded.

IMO Boris is history; its only a question of when. The Conservative Party is ruthless at getting rid of leaders deemed to be a liability. My guess is they will replace him about 18 months before the next election. The new leader then goes in with a clean slate and blames past troubles on Boris. Unless, of course, the current police investigation into lockdown parties decides laws have been broken....


I would not trust the Met under Dame Cressida Cover Up. And not just with these parties either.
Not for nothing was this deeply compromised Chief Constable given an extra two years in post.
A true symbol of ‘fail upwards’ Britain, the officers in Downing Street would have noticed the illegal under lockdown parties, reported it upwards, from May 2020.
And there but for some internal leaks from Civil Service staff it would have stayed.

This is the genius police commander whose advice in the wake of a woman kidnapped and murdered by a serving Met Officer was for others in a similar position to hail down a passing bus.
Who sent the heavy mob in to disperse with force a peaceful, socially distanced vigil for that murdered young woman, for time even attended by Princess Kate, yet had no public order officers, or many officers at all, when the wholly predictable trouble kicked off at Euro 2020.

The only real surprise is that consumate failure Chris Grayling is not a minister again though he might yet return.
Though even one of the appointees for money has finally had enough, this could muller Sunak's chances;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... lord-agnew

If you want a columnist who is also funny and cutting about this shower, Marina Hyde is always good;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... e-minister

Johnson is behaving how he has always done his whole silver spoon, nasty piece of work life and the Tory MP's who put him there knew this full well, the ones who would not serve under him were purged.
Last edited by GDB on Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 
pune
Topic Author
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Yes, it does. He is a very calculated politician. Bizarrely calculated: ever wondered why he looks like it does?

Link to John Oliver segment on this. The question: 'what he does to relax: 'is so damn calculated' that it is so hilarious.


I had seen this but it is good as a refresher about what an idiot he absolutely is :(
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:47 pm

pune wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Yes, it does. He is a very calculated politician. Bizarrely calculated: ever wondered why he looks like it does?

Link to John Oliver segment on this. The question: 'what he does to relax: 'is so damn calculated' that it is so hilarious.


I had seen this but it is good as a refresher about what an idiot he absolutely is :(


That's the thing, Johnson is absolutely not a complete idiot, he does what he does deliberately and that is the crazy thing.
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:28 pm

Now Downing Street and the throughly discredited Met Commander are digging an even deeper hole for each other.
If you want an image that probably created the most anger across party, social class, even with those opposed to the institution, the image of a masked Queen very distanced mourning Prince Phillip, while in Downing Street they partied, even going out for suitcases of extra booze and one set themselves up as a DJ is the most searing.

Since this is to the tune of ‘Killing In The Name’ including the strong language of that song’s final chorus, you have been warned, so not safe for work;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgq4fw6o8Gc
 
pune
Topic Author
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:39 am

Saw it and then understood what was being told above -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryXOD3fGeg
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:24 am

pune wrote:
Saw it and then understood what was being told above -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryXOD3fGeg


The two most dodgy, corrupt groups in the UK, the leadership of the current government and the Metropolitan Police, the latter now putting a spanner in the works since the obvious question is this, ‘how did gross breaking of the then lockdown rules happen in the street with the biggest permanent police presence in the country?’ The officers either reported it and it was covered up by Dick, or they were under instruction from Met management NOT to report it. Yet everywhere else break the rules and face a fine.
 
pune
Topic Author
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:35 pm

Does anybody know what movie is that screenshot taken from ???? This is from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj1_pZ ... 5clIcMVJtg and I mean the second video, Police blocking the publication of sue grey inquiry. Would be nice if somebody could give a name. At least will get couple of laughs :)
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:07 pm

pune wrote:
Does anybody know what movie is that screenshot taken from ???? This is from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj1_pZ ... 5clIcMVJtg and I mean the second video, Police blocking the publication of sue grey inquiry. Would be nice if somebody could give a name. At least will get couple of laughs :)



Keystone Cops? Or is it Charlie Chaplin?
Not knowledgeable on early 20th century cinema.
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:57 pm

Behind the laughing is a real anger at being taken for idiots, though there are bitter laughs to be had in some of these;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... s#comments
 
Arion640
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
pune wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Yes, it does. He is a very calculated politician. Bizarrely calculated: ever wondered why he looks like it does?

Link to John Oliver segment on this. The question: 'what he does to relax: 'is so damn calculated' that it is so hilarious.


I had seen this but it is good as a refresher about what an idiot he absolutely is :(


That's the thing, Johnson is absolutely not a complete idiot, he does what he does deliberately and that is the crazy thing.


Like a certain Donald Trump.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17846
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:11 am

His outpouring of contrition today was highly theatrical and admittedly a bit amusing. Johnson is a crap manager but he definitely knows how to command attention.
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
His outpouring of contrition today was highly theatrical and admittedly a bit amusing. Johnson is a crap manager but he definitely knows how to command attention.


Swap 'attention' for contempt;

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... out-honour

300 photos?
12 'events' under Police investigation - though Cressida Dick being near it is a concern with her long record of cover ups.
The Met need independent investigation too, to allude to what May said in her quietly withering way to Johnson, the police in Downing either knew about at least some of the events, certainly the most serious, so did they report it and being so politically sensitive it went right up to Dick's desk? Or were they given instructions either just as the lockdown started or after the first reports came in, to turn a blind eye. No senior Met Commander would do that without consulting Dick.

Then there is the question of the Personal Protection Officers from Special Branch, they would at times be in Downing Street, both for senior Ministers and the PM.

It is also clear that when Cummings did his trip up North, then was allowed that absurd address from the garden of No.10, that he had something on Johnson, though that was always likely from before the pandemic.
It has to be the activities in Downing Street, he was in the pic of the one in the garden, the 'work' event with booze and a cake to ambush the PM.

Come November 2020, Carrie Antionette finally gets her way and Cummings is out.
Yet Johnson did not think about what Cummings had on him about the parties in the summer? Let all the stuff go on during the Christmas period without thinking 'what if Cummings has a few mates still around in Downing Street?'

By the time of the piss up while the Queen was following the rules even in mourning, Cummings had been making his intentions to go after Johnson plain for some time.
He's as stupid as he is dishonest and arrogant.

And the party to made him leader knew full well of his lifetime of lying, being sacked (for lying), wastes of public money on nonsense that is never needed or wanted, never usually get's built but even so millions end up spent.
Some with their heads screwed on warned, usually from bitter experience with him.

Just last week his government's Covid procurement plan was found to be illegal, yes they were in a rush to procure but even more focused on making sure friends/donors were in the 'VIP Lane', much of what was procured was unsuitable/useless, often the VIP Lane was full of people with no prior experience in the necessary fields.
 
noviorbis77
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:44 am

Are there any UK papers not poking fun at him?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17846
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:11 am

GDB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
His outpouring of contrition today was highly theatrical and admittedly a bit amusing. Johnson is a crap manager but he definitely knows how to command attention.


Swap 'attention' for contempt;

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... out-honour

300 photos?
12 'events' under Police investigation - though Cressida Dick being near it is a concern with her long record of cover ups.
The Met need independent investigation too, to allude to what May said in her quietly withering way to Johnson, the police in Downing either knew about at least some of the events, certainly the most serious, so did they report it and being so politically sensitive it went right up to Dick's desk? Or were they given instructions either just as the lockdown started or after the first reports came in, to turn a blind eye. No senior Met Commander would do that without consulting Dick.

Then there is the question of the Personal Protection Officers from Special Branch, they would at times be in Downing Street, both for senior Ministers and the PM.

It is also clear that when Cummings did his trip up North, then was allowed that absurd address from the garden of No.10, that he had something on Johnson, though that was always likely from before the pandemic.
It has to be the activities in Downing Street, he was in the pic of the one in the garden, the 'work' event with booze and a cake to ambush the PM.

Come November 2020, Carrie Antionette finally gets her way and Cummings is out.
Yet Johnson did not think about what Cummings had on him about the parties in the summer? Let all the stuff go on during the Christmas period without thinking 'what if Cummings has a few mates still around in Downing Street?'

By the time of the piss up while the Queen was following the rules even in mourning, Cummings had been making his intentions to go after Johnson plain for some time.
He's as stupid as he is dishonest and arrogant.

And the party to made him leader knew full well of his lifetime of lying, being sacked (for lying), wastes of public money on nonsense that is never needed or wanted, never usually get's built but even so millions end up spent.
Some with their heads screwed on warned, usually from bitter experience with him.

Just last week his government's Covid procurement plan was found to be illegal, yes they were in a rush to procure but even more focused on making sure friends/donors were in the 'VIP Lane', much of what was procured was unsuitable/useless, often the VIP Lane was full of people with no prior experience in the necessary fields.


Oh I never said he wasn’t done :lol: With any luck we won’t be talking about him anymore come summer.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:44 am

Arion640 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
pune wrote:

I had seen this but it is good as a refresher about what an idiot he absolutely is :(


That's the thing, Johnson is absolutely not a complete idiot, he does what he does deliberately and that is the crazy thing.


Like a certain Donald Trump.


That might be your impression, my impression couldn't be more different.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20756
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:24 am

noviorbis77 wrote:
Are there any UK papers not poking fun at him?


Image
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-60208827

Even the Daily Mail is turning on him.
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:16 am

scbriml wrote:
noviorbis77 wrote:
Are there any UK papers not poking fun at him?


Image
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-60208827

Even the Daily Mail is turning on him.


Screw them and the Express, they helped enable this turd all the way.
They lied and lied about our closest neighbors and trading partners over several decades, thus preparing the ground to enable him.
I note the Murdoch owned, therefore immoral and deeply compromised Sun, splashes about some bimbo of a pop star.
The Sun of course is still notorious for it’s lies about the Hillsborough disaster in 1989, in 2004 guess who repeated those long debunked lies when he was a MP and Shadow Higher Education Minister? Tory leader Howard dragged Johnson up to Merseyside and made him apologize.
 
Newark727
Posts: 2889
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:01 pm

"Partygate?" Oh god, have our cousins across the Atlantic adopted the terrible American habit of attaching "-gate" to the end of every potential or actual political scandal?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20756
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:36 pm

Newark727 wrote:
"Partygate?" Oh god, have our cousins across the Atlantic adopted the terrible American habit of attaching "-gate" to the end of every potential or actual political scandal?


From the land that brought you Boaty McBoatface. :lol:

I once had a dispute with a neighbour about the boundary between our properties, most specifically, the brick column at the end of our driveway. The incident became known in our family as gategate.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 16146
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:49 pm

PM Johnson keeps digging his political grave. How long before he has to resign and then who replaces him ? A week ?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20756
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:11 pm

ltbewr wrote:
PM Johnson keeps digging his political grave. How long before he has to resign and then who replaces him ? A week ?


He has all the moral fibre of a piece of wet spaghetti. He won't resign, he'll have to be kicked out by his own MPs.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11836
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:26 pm

scbriml wrote:
He has all the moral fibre of a piece of wet spaghetti. He won't resign, he'll have to be kicked out by his own MPs.

Who have equal moral fiber... Wet spaghetti kicking out wet spaghetti... Selecting another piece of wet spaghetti to replace him.

Tugg
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20756
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:35 pm

Tugger wrote:
scbriml wrote:
He has all the moral fibre of a piece of wet spaghetti. He won't resign, he'll have to be kicked out by his own MPs.

Who have equal moral fiber... Wet spaghetti kicking out wet spaghetti... Selecting another piece of wet spaghetti to replace him.

Tugg


Well, there is that. :banghead:
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 15339
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:21 pm

Flatgate, Carriegate, Jennifer Arcurigate, fast lanegate, 350 millions for the NHS gate...
 
Flanker7
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:11 pm

I don't think he will step down but instead sacrifice some people around him and claim he's taken control of the situation. We can only hope that the party will turn against him and deem him unfit to continue.
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:32 pm

Flanker7 wrote:
I don't think he will step down but instead sacrifice some people around him and claim he's taken control of the situation. We can only hope that the party will turn against him and deem him unfit to continue.


It depends when the Met investigation concludes, though as I mention further up, they are led by someone deeply compromised and not only on this issue. Not for nothing did Dame Cressida Fail Upwards get an extra two years in post, did I mention she was at Oxford the same time Johnson was?

As for the party that put him in knowing full well his history of dishonesty and throwing everyone under the bus, as was pointed out to him yesterday, he drags everyone involved down with him.
If that will now include the party that made him leader, fine by me.
He chose a cabinet of the loyal but corrupt, the stupid but happy to be promoted miles above their competence, this shit sticks to them too, thicker with each passing day and each humiliating (for the few with any self awareness) tour of the studios to claim day is night etc.

Or as this always excellent writer puts it;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... y-kool-aid
 
bennett123
Posts: 11082
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:18 pm

GDB wrote:
Flanker7 wrote:
I don't think he will step down but instead sacrifice some people around him and claim he's taken control of the situation. We can only hope that the party will turn against him and deem him unfit to continue.


It depends when the Met investigation concludes, though as I mention further up, they are led by someone deeply compromised and not only on this issue. Not for nothing did Dame Cressida Fail Upwards get an extra two years in post, did I mention she was at Oxford the same time Johnson was?

As for the party that put him in knowing full well his history of dishonesty and throwing everyone under the bus, as was pointed out to him yesterday, he drags everyone involved down with him.
If that will now include the party that made him leader, fine by me.
He chose a cabinet of the loyal but corrupt, the stupid but happy to be promoted miles above their competence, this shit sticks to them too, thicker with each passing day and each humiliating (for the few with any self awareness) tour of the studios to claim day is night etc.

Or as this always excellent writer puts it;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... y-kool-aid


Actually, not only were they both at Oxford from 1979 to 1983, they were both at Balliol. He did Classics, Ancient Literature and Classical Philosophy. She did Agriculture and Forest Science.

That must have been very useful when she joined the Met, (all that agriculture and forestry).
 
bennett123
Posts: 11082
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:30 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balliol_College,_Oxford

Actually, if Balliol only had 300-400 Undergraduates when they were both there, then the link is much closer than I had realised.
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:03 pm

bennett123 wrote:
GDB wrote:
Flanker7 wrote:
I don't think he will step down but instead sacrifice some people around him and claim he's taken control of the situation. We can only hope that the party will turn against him and deem him unfit to continue.


It depends when the Met investigation concludes, though as I mention further up, they are led by someone deeply compromised and not only on this issue. Not for nothing did Dame Cressida Fail Upwards get an extra two years in post, did I mention she was at Oxford the same time Johnson was?

As for the party that put him in knowing full well his history of dishonesty and throwing everyone under the bus, as was pointed out to him yesterday, he drags everyone involved down with him.
If that will now include the party that made him leader, fine by me.
He chose a cabinet of the loyal but corrupt, the stupid but happy to be promoted miles above their competence, this shit sticks to them too, thicker with each passing day and each humiliating (for the few with any self awareness) tour of the studios to claim day is night etc.

Or as this always excellent writer puts it;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... y-kool-aid


Actually, not only were they both at Oxford from 1979 to 1983, they were both at Balliol. He did Classics, Ancient Literature and Classical Philosophy. She did Agriculture and Forest Science.

That must have been very useful when she joined the Met, (all that agriculture and forestry).


Well the knowledge of agriculture in a sense means she was familiar with bullshit.

A couple of years ago Vicky McClure from ‘Line of Duty’ was at some function and found herself seated on the same table as Dick, who complained at length about how the police are portrayed in that show, (where the three main leads, McClure’s character, D.I Fleming included, are dogged investigating detectives!)
Maybe that they investigate police corruption pissed her off, what with her being censured for obstructing the running sore of the likely corruption in the Daniel Morgan case.
The show’s creator Jed Mercurio pointed out that Act 1, Scene 1, of the first ever episode in 2012, was directly inspired by a notorious incident that was not only commanded by Dick, she was also implicated in attempts at covering up, spreading false stories).

And up the promotion ladder she went, to lead the largest Police Force in the UK.

Speaking of that show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8xY9R05q0I
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20756
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:40 pm

 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:04 pm

scbriml wrote:


almost as brilliant as this
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 15339
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:38 am

I think the problem with that promise isn't the number actually, but the other part, "NHS". NHS means public health care, when people read/hear that. But the money doesn't necessarily go into public services. So if the funding has increased, but the money went to private companies, it's even more of a lie.
 
wirkey
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:55 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:19 pm

wouldn't it be much bigger news if there was someone not poking fun of BJ?
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:29 pm

Aesma wrote:
I think the problem with that promise isn't the number actually, but the other part, "NHS". NHS means public health care, when people read/hear that. But the money doesn't necessarily go into public services. So if the funding has increased, but the money went to private companies, it's even more of a lie.


They did that with 'NHS' Track and Trace, the 10 of billions screw up run by a friend of then Health Secretary in yet another exercise in failing upwards, herself the wife of a significant Tory donor.
The NHS had little to do with it, other than deal with the consequences.

They are also when under fire for their many screw ups, lies, always blurt out 'but....the vaccine'.
(As well as outright lies about the UK having the lowest death rate, if they mean per capita the near opposite is true).
Yes, partly government financed research to make it but the successful distribution of it was done by the NHS, they didn't call it 'NHS Vaccine Rollout'.
And for all their say thanks to the NHS staff, they effectively gave them a pay cut, in the form of a below inflation pay 'rise'.

But there's more;
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... y-lockdown

Aside from throwing out disproven far right smears when being questioned at Prime Minister's Question Time, he usually resorts when caught out, which is usually by most or all questions, he likes to start shouting and waving his arms about calling the Leader Of The Opposition 'Captain Hindsight'.
I recall the first time he used that, it was a month before the event above happened, being keen to open up for Christmas so he could be 'fun Boris', this was questioned on the wisdom of this so in response he used that term.

Two days later he had to return to the Commons and do a total u-turn days before Christmas, effectively agreeing with what he had lambasted just before, (he still does, 'if it were up to you, we'd still be in lockdown'), thus wrecking the plans of many who had believed what he said before, since a severe warning from the medical experts meant he had to reimpose restrictions, which the above implies he broke.

It is thought that the reason the UK locked down a couple of weeks late at the very start (allowing the stupid horse race run by a donor and a major football match including crowds from outside the UK), is because Johnson simply did not believe people would abide by it.
A classic case of judging others, in this case a whole nation, by his own non existent standards?

The long debunked far right smear, (except apparently in the Daily Mail, of course even today), was due to this, notice the complete lack of jeering from the Government benches, the almost unknown silence, note the number of views so far on a small UK politics You Tube channel;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWzLZ-UZ4AY

When confronted, as always, clownish, 'fun' Boris shows his true and nasty colours, as anyone who has had dealings with him knows all too well.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:
scbriml wrote:


almost as brilliant as this


or as briliant as this

Thia Joe fellow is quite the artist ;-)
 
Arion640
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:19 am

Dutchy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
scbriml wrote:


almost as brilliant as this


or as briliant as this

Thia Joe fellow is quite the artist ;-)


Old now but this was a favourite of mine at the time.

https://youtu.be/gpSIzx0Ta0Y
 
GDB
Posts: 15005
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Guardian poking fun at Boris Johnson.

Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:03 am

Yesterday in parliament, the thread started with a link of sketch writer John Crace so...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -churchill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], cjg225, cpd, Kent350787, skyservice_330, SL1200MK2, Vintage and 31 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos