We should focus on Ukraine and how to stop this war.
I disagree, we should focus on suitable outcomes, one of which may
be a speedy end to the war however other things need to be taken in to account including but not limited to:
1. Long term freedom of the Ukrainian people
2. Continued signalling that the behaviour putin has shown will not end in reward, I.e. economic sanctions and no long term occupation of Ukraine.
3. Minimising risk of escalation to global issues, I.e. a European shooting war or catastrophic damage to nuclear sites.
4. Demonstrate to partners and enablers of the Russian invasion will be treated as equally culpable as the Russia.
5. Allow Russian citizens to know the truth so they can understand the root cause of any pain they are feeling and self determine the route forward for their country and not impose regime change on them.
There will be more than this but to say “just stop the war as quickly as possible” is how you end up with the international diplomacy version of a spoilt kid who has a tantrum because they have taught that the tantrum works.
If putin invaded the US do you think he would be allowed to keep Alaska just to stop him from from continuing a war? Do you think Ukrainians are more or less valuable than Americans?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by flipdewaf
on Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.