Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SGAviation
Topic Author

New previously unseen footage of UA175

Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:45 pm

Didn't feel like this belonged in the Civil Aviation thread, so posting it here instead.
It is amazing that over 20 years later and we are still discovering new footage from that awful day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Duqp7AcmQ

Aaron747

Re: New previously unseen footage of UA175

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:11 pm

Still not good enough for the truther morons. They'll have zoomed in cuts up on YT in no time, 'proving' it's a military plane or some other nonsense

casinterest

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:27 pm

Just another heart wrenching capture of a horrible day.

Don't look at it as a conspiracy idiot issue. Those morons just aren't right in the head.

cjg225

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:48 am

Wow. That is incredible footage.

TheFlyingDisk

Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:14 am

It's interesting to see how the mind works in shock. Everyone were just watching the plane fly low and not reacting to it until it hits the tower.

Virtual737

Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:10 am

Horrible but still fascinating to watch. A good childhood friend of mine was above the impact level in the north tower.

af773atmsp

Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:41 pm

Makes me wonder how much more footage is left out there that we haven't seen before, and also footage that we'll never see since it was destroyed.

N626AA

Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:54 am

af773atmsp wrote:
Makes me wonder how much more footage is left out there that we haven't seen before, and also footage that we'll never see since it was destroyed.

I agree with you, makes me wonder too. Who knows what videos are still out there

FGITD

Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:34 am

I’ve always found it remarkable how much amateur video there actually is, considering the year.

2001 might not seem that long ago, but in terms of recording video it was totally different. You had to go out of your way to film in 2001. Look at AA11…a 767 flying into a skyscraper above one the busiest cities on the planet on a clear weekday morning. And yet there’s only 3 known videos, one of which is more of a slideshow. And the only clear one exists because a documentary crew just happened to already be filming and had a clear line of sight.

Arion640

Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:54 pm

FGITD wrote:
I’ve always found it remarkable how much amateur video there actually is, considering the year.

2001 might not seem that long ago, but in terms of recording video it was totally different. You had to go out of your way to film in 2001. Look at AA11…a 767 flying into a skyscraper above one the busiest cities on the planet on a clear weekday morning. And yet there’s only 3 known videos, one of which is more of a slideshow. And the only clear one exists because a documentary crew just happened to already be filming and had a clear line of sight.

I’ve seen the firefighter video - what are the other two?

af773atmsp

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:08 am

Here's all the videos showing AA 11's impact: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmosMZZynGA

With today's technology there certainly would've been more videos of the impact, but considering how quick it was from the plane being noticeable to hitting the WTC how many more videos could there have been?

cjg225

Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:29 am

af773atmsp wrote:
Here's all the videos showing AA 11's impact: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmosMZZynGA

With today's technology there certainly would've been more videos of the impact, but considering how quick it was from the plane being noticeable to hitting the WTC how many more videos could there have been?

Huh. I'm actually not sure I've ever seen that firefighter footage. That is amazing.

CitizenJustin

Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:53 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Still not good enough for the truther morons. They'll have zoomed in cuts up on YT in no time, 'proving' it's a military plane or some other nonsense

Truthers display a lot of ignorance when it comes to aviation. What is clearly a United 767 in the battleship grey livery to us aviation geeks, is a grey military plane to these insufferable and paranoid truthers. Also, if the US government needed a pretense to invade Iraq, there’s far easier methods than hijacking four planes and killing thousands. An ounce of critical thinking is all it takes to debunk these silly conspiracy theories.

CitizenJustin

Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:00 am

af773atmsp wrote:

I think it’s incredible that we have so much footage considering this was before smartphones. If the attack happened just a few years before there’d be substantially less footage. Overall, I think 9/11 is very well documented.

Aaron747

Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:58 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Truthers display a lot of ignorance when it comes to aviation. What is clearly a United 767 in the battleship grey livery to us aviation geeks, is a grey military plane to these insufferable and paranoid truthers. Also, if the US government needed a pretense to invade Iraq, there’s far easier methods than hijacking four planes and killing thousands. An ounce of critical thinking is all it takes to debunk these silly conspiracy theories.

That, and having been awake for 30 seconds in high school physics

CitizenJustin

Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:05 am

Aaron747 wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

That, and having been awake for 30 seconds in high school physics

Lol, even 20 seconds would suffice.

casinterest

Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:14 pm

cjg225 wrote:
af773atmsp wrote:

Huh. I'm actually not sure I've ever seen that firefighter footage. That is amazing.

It came from a documentary two brothers were shooting on a probie in the fire department.

It is a hell of a movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_(2002_film)

Filmmakers James Hanlon and the Naudet brothers were given permission by New York City Fire Department to film a documentary about a probationary firefighter. Their subject was Antonios (Tony) Benetatos, who was assigned to the Engine 7/Ladder 1/Battalion 1 Firehouse on Duane Street in Lower Manhattan. They intended to make a film about the "probie's" first experiences as a firefighter. On the morning of September 11, the firehouse, under the direction of Battalion Chief Joseph W. Pfeifer, was called out on a reported "odor of gas" at Church and Lispenard streets. Jules Naudet rode with Pfeifer to investigate, while Gédéon stayed behind at the firehouse to film the "probie."

af773atmsp

Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:14 pm

I watched the whole film from when they were checking out the possible gas leak to them finally reuniting at the firehouse. Particularly interesting watching the firefighters figure out a plan at the WTC1 lobby just a few minutes after the first plane hit, and how unfortunate it was watching things go from bad to absolute worst case scenario for them. Initially it seemed like it would just be a very complicated task evacuating everyone and getting the fire under control, but at some point it became just getting as many people out of the area as possible.