Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CitizenJustin

Re: If you could go back in time, what would you tell yourself at the beginning of the pandemic 2 years ago?

Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:42 am

tomaheath wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
To not get the J&J vaccine.

Why’s that? I only ask because that’s what I had gotten about a year ago.

Hasn’t there been reports of blood clots? Maybe I’m mistaken.

Boeing757100

Re: If you could go back in time, what would you tell yourself at the beginning of the pandemic 2 years ago?

Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:03 pm

I would have told myself to be grateful for what I had, because I could end up losing it. I was a bratty dumb 13 year old in Mar.2020 and I hated school like the plague. But when lockdown started, I realized what my friends meant to me and I basically had zero contact with them until a year and a half later, with most of them going to a different high school than me.

Lesson learned.

Pampot70

Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:38 am

Don't worry. You will be alive and well, just like your family. The decisions you will take about the pandemic will be OK. For the rest, some news will be fine, some other bad, as always.

alex0easy

Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:19 am

Buy bitcoin and sell at (whatever the peak was).

Jalap

Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:36 pm

Would have told myself to get more toilet paper earlier.

N649DL

Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:26 pm

I'd tell myself that people are going to act pretty selfish, neurotic, & grouchy and not come together like they did after say 9/11. This goes for friends, extended relatives, even my parents. I would've told myself to expect the unexpected with "finger-pointing" and paranoia and that you can't win no matter what.

DocLightning

Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:27 pm

1) Stop worrying about getting infected; you already are infected. You're going to live.
2) Get a wet suit now. The pools will be closed for quite some time.
3) Weigh yourself every day. Otherwise in a year you're going to be in for a nasty shock when you step on the scale.
4) Time to get a bidet.
5) Buy stock in Zoom.
6) This will pass.

LCDFlight

Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:12 am

cpd wrote:
Not to have gone outside on 13/3 this year.

If I had stayed home I’d be walking and healthy. Now I’m wrecked for heck knows how much of the rest of the year.

I avoided Covid so far as I can tell and kept my life fairly normal but end up having major surgery and a long recovery. Everything I took for granted and loved to do is not possible at the moment and I don’t know what the future holds.

Worse I need assistance to do simple things. I’m trying to remain positive but it’s not easy.

DLFreebird: that’s a terrible case. :( Covid is not to be taken lightly.

Hope things are going better for you.

Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:01 am

LCDFlight wrote:

Hope things are going better for you.

Thanks. After some complications, the healing has started. So I'm at about 50% of the bone healed. I'm learning to walk.

ACDC8

Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:07 am

If I could go back in time, it sure as hell wouldn't be 2020 - it'd have the dials set for 1990 and have one mission, and one mission only.