Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

nwadeicer
Topic Author

RIP Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins

Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:00 am

Found dead in his hotel room tonight In Bogota, Columbia. Foo Fighters scheduled to play there.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/03/25/taylor-h ... s-drummer/

Aaron747

Re: RIP Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins

Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:32 am

No ******* way....this guy was a total class act. No, just no. Dammit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UsZzvMjFuA

Here he is having an absolute BLAST drum-off with Chad Smith from RHCP.

Newark727

Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:42 am

Damn, was not expecting this at all. Life ain't fair.

Francoflier

Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:28 am

Right in the feels... ouch.
Such a nice guy, and an amazing drummer.

Kiwirob

Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:21 am

This one really hurts, he’s my age, I’ve been a fan of the Foo’s since the beginning. I’ve sent them live, this really really sucks!

NIKV69

Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:51 pm

Unbelievable. One of the best bands!

LittleFokker

Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:55 pm

Not only one of my favorite videos of a live Foo Fighters performance, but one of my favorite YouTube videos overall:

https://youtu.be/mzeckWog7Wk

Taylor has an infectious smile and seems like a genuinely good dude to hang around with.

Kiwirob

Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:12 pm

Looks like it could have been an OD, gutted I though he had put the drug use firmly behind him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-say.html

Aaron747

Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:10 am

Kiwirob wrote:
Looks like it could have been an OD, gutted I though he had put the drug use firmly behind him.

Me too - looks like he was on a whole cocktail. And when you're down in Colombia, a rich gringo going out to party, chances are high they're not selling what you think you're buying.

Redd

Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:38 am

Kiwirob wrote:

'White powder and hallucinogens' were found in Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins' five-star hotel room in Bogota after his sudden 'drug-related' death age 50

I've been around the drug scene in my past, quite a bit. I've never, not once seen someone taking coke, or a speed like drug with a psychedelic. That seems like a really odd combo,

slider

Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:41 pm

What a damn shame! Hawkins was so amazing and what a great musician and artist, and huge personality.

Addiction claims another rocker. :cry:

I harken back to Stevie Ray Vaughan getting clean and sober and how he once said it's OK to come in from the party every once in a while. Too many people can't leave the party. Hate to see this.

Aaron747

Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:44 am

slider wrote:
What a damn shame! Hawkins was so amazing and what a great musician and artist, and huge personality.

Addiction claims another rocker. :cry:

I harken back to Stevie Ray Vaughan getting clean and sober and how he once said it's OK to come in from the party every once in a while. Too many people can't leave the party. Hate to see this.

Seriously, it’s hard to watch when the individuals involved are basically good people and great entertainers on top of that.

Pellegrine

Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:24 am

Fentanyl testing strips and narcan should be legal, and easily available worldwide.

nwadeicer
Topic Author

Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:59 am

I've never had an addiction so I cannot go on history however you'd think having a wife and three young kids would motivate you to fly straight. The guy had it all fame, fortune, loving family. Was reading earlier that his heart was weighed at 600 grams, twice what a normal heart weighs.
https://buffalonews.com/people/taylor-h ... c224f.html

Aaron747

Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:31 am

nwadeicer wrote:
I've never had an addiction so I cannot go on history however you'd think having a wife and three young kids would motivate you to fly straight. The guy had it all fame, fortune, loving family. Was reading earlier that his heart was weighed at 600 grams, twice what a normal heart weighs.

Enlarged heart (hypertrophy) is no joke - makes it very difficult to get a positive response to AED or other resuscitation efforts.

Hawkins was always in pretty good shape and had an active lifestyle, so really goes to show how much those chemical cocktails will F things up inside.

cpd

Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:33 am

Aaron747 wrote:
nwadeicer wrote:

Enlarged heart (hypertrophy) is no joke - makes it very difficult to get a positive response to AED or other resuscitation efforts.

Hawkins was always in pretty good shape and had an active lifestyle, so really goes to show how much those chemical cocktails will F things up inside.

That’s why for me this is so inexplicable - I became very active and fit, now I’m totally out of action after hip surgery.

I just can’t understand what makes someone put all this rubbish into their body.

It’s tragic but so ridiculous. Feel bad for those who he has left behind - but I wonder if some people among them could have done something to prevent this, although I suppose with this substance abuse the damage was already done.

Aaron747

Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:40 pm

cpd wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
nwadeicer wrote:

That’s why for me this is so inexplicable - I became very active and fit, now I’m totally out of action after hip surgery.

I just can’t understand what makes someone put all this rubbish into their body.

It’s tragic but so ridiculous. Feel bad for those who he has left behind - but I wonder if some people among them could have done something to prevent this, although I suppose with this substance abuse the damage was already done.

I also can't understand it, but those of us without the addiction gene will probably never understand.

vikkyvik

Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:15 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
I also can't understand it, but those of us without the addiction gene will probably never understand.

It's difficult to explain.

I've been sober for almost 16 years now. And while I don't really have any desire to specifically drink alcohol, there's still a strong desire to get into an altered mind-state from time to time. I don't generally act on it, but I'm not sure it will ever go away, even though I have a wife and kid.

Kinda sucks, to be honest. If I were out on tour (away from family) for long stretches of time, who knows what I'd be doing.

Luckily I quit before I did any long-term physical damage to myself.

SEAorPWM

Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:11 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Me too - looks like he was on a whole cocktail. And when you're down in Colombia, a rich gringo going out to party, chances are high they're not selling what you think you're buying.

Probably no different if he was still in the States.

SEAorPWM

Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:14 am

I need to start viewing pictures of 777's assembled between 1994-96 to honor this guy. :(

The 777 (all variants) is THE Foo Fighters airplane. It is the peak of the mid 90s for aircraft in Seattle just like the Foos were in the music scene.

casinterest

Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:23 pm

A sad death,. Condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Drug addiction is painful for all.

You have to imagine the bandmates, especially Dave Grohl are taking this pretty harshly. Not the first time for him.

Wolverine

Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:36 pm

While I don`t know what made him take all these drugs, it`s a very sad loss. He seemed to be constantly in a good mood, smiling broadly most of the time, a funny and nice guy and a great drummer! And he even made a good looking woman when he played the FA in the video to the song "Learning to fly".
It must be devastating for his family and friends, he was way too young to go. RIP Taylor!