Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
pune
Topic Author
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:01 am

Just saw this -

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 022-03-24/

And shell has been playing this game quietly for quite sometime now -

https://thedriven.io/2021/12/21/future- ... sil-fuels/

They know where the big money is going to be soon enough.
 
pune
Topic Author
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:36 am

And then there is also starbucks which wants to enter the same domain -

https://www.fastcompany.com/90730929/st ... re-for-evs
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8596
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:43 pm

Companies like Shell, Exxon, etc are energy companies - they have had a diverse energy platform for quite some time.
 
pune
Topic Author
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:52 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
Companies like Shell, Exxon, etc are energy companies - they have had a diverse energy platform for quite some time.


They actually pivoted. Shell and Exxon were first pure gas guys who were against clean energy -

This shell report tells that -

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... -Document3

Then few years later they realized that even after doing all the gaslighting about climate change, people want to have clean energy sources.

So this is when they pivoted to clean energy sources like solar, wind and big battery deployments.

The sad part is they never came forward with the findings on their own or even said sorry or something like that.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8596
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:55 pm

Shell has been investing in "green" energy for well over 20 years now.

And you've posted that same link several times now over several different threads :sarcastic:
 
pune
Topic Author
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:07 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
Shell has been investing in "green" energy for well over 20 years now.

And you've posted that same link several times now over several different threads :sarcastic:


Yes, I have. I find it appalling that a company lies constantly when it knows better but you seem to be ok with it. Perhaps in your view, VW should not have been fined and caught for dieselgate. And if you have an opinion like that you are welcome to express that as well. That is totally your call.

The company is doing what it is doing not from a sense of morality but what it is finding to be profitable and yet not many people know about it. Would you trust a company that lies on your face about something and goes behind your back and does something else? That is exactly the reason why VW was punished and people bought class-action suits and whatnot.

And the same thing applies in the case of Boeing also with the 737 Max.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8596
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:34 am

pune wrote:
Yes, I have. I find it appalling that a company lies constantly when it knows better but you seem to be ok with it.

Then do what other normal people do, don't use their product - easy peasy. No point in beating a dead horse posting the same thing over and over and over again.
pune wrote:
Perhaps in your view, VW should not have been fined and caught for dieselgate. And if you have an opinion like that you are welcome to express that as well. That is totally your call.

VW broke the rules, were dishonest about their product to their customers and were fined appropriately - not like they're the only company to do that.

pune wrote:
The company is doing what it is doing not from a sense of morality but what it is finding to be profitable and yet not many people know about it.

Wait, what? A business setting a priority on profitability? Say it isn't so :rotfl:

pune wrote:
Would you trust a company that lies on your face about something and goes behind your back and does something else?

I've purchased 3 VWs since "Dieselgate" and they won't be my last.
pune wrote:
That is exactly the reason why VW was punished and people bought class-action suits and whatnot.

VW was punished because they got caught and admitted to their actions - VW isn't the only manufacturer that cheats the system. As far as lawsuits go, meh, there's always some class action lawsuit against any given car manufacturer or any business for that matter.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos