Page 1 of 1

BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:01 am
by pune
Just saw this -

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 022-03-24/

And shell has been playing this game quietly for quite sometime now -

https://thedriven.io/2021/12/21/future- ... sil-fuels/

They know where the big money is going to be soon enough.

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:36 am
by pune
And then there is also starbucks which wants to enter the same domain -

https://www.fastcompany.com/90730929/st ... re-for-evs

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:43 pm
by ACDC8
Companies like Shell, Exxon, etc are energy companies - they have had a diverse energy platform for quite some time.

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:52 pm
by pune
ACDC8 wrote:
Companies like Shell, Exxon, etc are energy companies - they have had a diverse energy platform for quite some time.


They actually pivoted. Shell and Exxon were first pure gas guys who were against clean energy -

This shell report tells that -

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... -Document3

Then few years later they realized that even after doing all the gaslighting about climate change, people want to have clean energy sources.

So this is when they pivoted to clean energy sources like solar, wind and big battery deployments.

The sad part is they never came forward with the findings on their own or even said sorry or something like that.

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:55 pm
by ACDC8
Shell has been investing in "green" energy for well over 20 years now.

And you've posted that same link several times now over several different threads :sarcastic:

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:07 pm
by pune
ACDC8 wrote:
Shell has been investing in "green" energy for well over 20 years now.

And you've posted that same link several times now over several different threads :sarcastic:


Yes, I have. I find it appalling that a company lies constantly when it knows better but you seem to be ok with it. Perhaps in your view, VW should not have been fined and caught for dieselgate. And if you have an opinion like that you are welcome to express that as well. That is totally your call.

The company is doing what it is doing not from a sense of morality but what it is finding to be profitable and yet not many people know about it. Would you trust a company that lies on your face about something and goes behind your back and does something else? That is exactly the reason why VW was punished and people bought class-action suits and whatnot.

And the same thing applies in the case of Boeing also with the 737 Max.

Re: BYD says partners up with Shell for ventures in China, Europe

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:34 am
by ACDC8
pune wrote:
Yes, I have. I find it appalling that a company lies constantly when it knows better but you seem to be ok with it.

Then do what other normal people do, don't use their product - easy peasy. No point in beating a dead horse posting the same thing over and over and over again.
pune wrote:
Perhaps in your view, VW should not have been fined and caught for dieselgate. And if you have an opinion like that you are welcome to express that as well. That is totally your call.

VW broke the rules, were dishonest about their product to their customers and were fined appropriately - not like they're the only company to do that.

pune wrote:
The company is doing what it is doing not from a sense of morality but what it is finding to be profitable and yet not many people know about it.

Wait, what? A business setting a priority on profitability? Say it isn't so :rotfl:

pune wrote:
Would you trust a company that lies on your face about something and goes behind your back and does something else?

I've purchased 3 VWs since "Dieselgate" and they won't be my last.
pune wrote:
That is exactly the reason why VW was punished and people bought class-action suits and whatnot.

VW was punished because they got caught and admitted to their actions - VW isn't the only manufacturer that cheats the system. As far as lawsuits go, meh, there's always some class action lawsuit against any given car manufacturer or any business for that matter.