Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
kaitak
Topic Author
Posts: 10177
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:27 am

It's unbelievable that even after what Putin has done in Russia, upending the lives of millions and killing thousands, not to mention losing thousands of his own troops, Putin is now being called upon by Trump to release dirt on Hunter Biden and (Trump hopes) the President himself.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/29/poli ... index.html

This interview was released on Monday. I had thought that Trump was trying to walk back his support for Putin, albeit rather lamely, but now there's this. Does the man have absolutely no cop-on or realisation of who is he asking for this information? Has he even stopped to consider what value that information, coming from such a man, would have in US politics? There has to be something seriously, morally or even intellectually, wrong with someone who would do something like this. And then, you have to ask, at what stage do the Republicans start condemning him or calling him out. I have heard very little, if any, criticism. I find this as disturbing as the act itself.
 
Newark727
Posts: 2999
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:58 am

And thus the Trump Cycle continues. It works like this:
1. Trump says or does something either horrible, ridiculous, or both.
2. His flunkies, observing the reaction to whatever he just said or did, urge him to reconsider.
3. Trump reads a speech or issues a statement that tries to soften, rationalize, or retract whatever it was he said or did. This will be obviously written by someone else, and delivered with all the verve of your typical hostage video.
4. His flunkies, satisfied, get distracted and go do something else.
5. At his next public appearance Trump suggests that actually, whatever he said or did during Step 1 was cool and good, and he was right all along.
6. Return to Step 1 with some other topic.
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:09 am

Cannot decide whether to laugh or continue to not be surprised...
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17985
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:34 am

kaitak wrote:
Has he even stopped to consider what value that information, coming from such a man, would have in US politics? There has to be something seriously, morally or even intellectually, wrong with someone who would do something like this


No, and yes. These are known quantities of Trump for years now. It's never about country, or truth, or 'what's right'. Just advancing his personal agenda, whatever that is - in this case, spite.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 6238
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:38 am

What's even funnier (and by funnier I mean tragic), is that the whole far-right cabal has now somehow tied the Hunter Biden laptop conspiracy to the Ukraine biolab conspiracy, the whole thing being fed to them straight from Russia...

Russia's continuing grip on the far-right in the US is rather astonishing. Watching clips of Tucker Carlson pushing Kremlin propaganda or Trump being seemingly physically unable to not shower Putin with praise at every occasion he gets was rather was rather disturbing in the past few years. Now it's downright alarming.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17985
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:40 am

Francoflier wrote:
What's even funnier (and by funnier I mean tragic), is that the whole far-right cabal has now somehow tied the Hunter Biden laptop conspiracy to the Ukraine biolab conspiracy, the whole thing being fed to them straight from Russia...

Russia's continuing grip on the far-right in the US is rather astonishing. Watching clips of Tucker Carlson pushing Kremlin propaganda or Trump being seemingly physically unable to not shower Putin with praise at every occasion he gets was rather was rather disturbing in the past few years. Now it's downright alarming.


You have to tip your cap - they're not very good at ground invasion or strategy, but they are masters of disinformation and sowing discord.
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 4411
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:40 am

This is almost like treason. Disgusting!
Let’s hope the Republicans will nominate Nikki Haley for the next elections and then we don’t have to hear anything about this narcissist anymore …
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 21094
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:32 am

N14AZ wrote:
This is almost like treason. Disgusting!
Let’s hope the Republicans will nominate Nikki Haley for the next elections and then we don’t have to hear anything about this narcissist anymore …


Unfortunately, Trump and his deranged support base will ensure that doesn't happen.
 
sabenapilot
Posts: 3782
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2000 6:18 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:52 am

Oh boy, this man clearly believes he's the center of the universe doesn't he, and everything happening in the world is always about him and him alone, isn't it?

Other than that obviously patheric observation, it's eye watering to see how a former US President (and by extension a whole political party almost) keeps being played like a fiddle by the Kremlin.

it's getting to the point where you have to ask where there allegiance truly is....
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 4411
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:26 am

sabenapilot wrote:
Oh boy, this man clearly believes he's the center of the universe doesn't he

And all the parallel universes that have been stolen from him! ;-)

scbriml wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
This is almost like treason. Disgusting!
Let’s hope the Republicans will nominate Nikki Haley for the next elections and then we don’t have to hear anything about this narcissist anymore …


Unfortunately, Trump and his deranged support base will ensure that doesn't happen.

Yapp, seems unlikely. But still there is a little bit of hope. If they elect him again … hmm, I really don’t know what to do
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15496
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:06 pm

Trump is at least consistent in his selfish quest to damage rivals, and he will use a lying fascist to continue this quest.

It is sad that so many in the US worship such a corrupt false idol, but that is their deal with the devil to control those who would prefer freedom,
 
NIKV69
Posts: 15066
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:26 pm

scbriml wrote:

Unfortunately, Trump and his deranged support base will ensure that doesn't happen.


Trump or any voter don't get to choose who runs in the primaries. If Haley runs I am sure Trump will support her because she probably is one of the candidates with the best chance at this point.
 
hh65man
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:28 pm

Would pay heaps to see someone split his balls east and west, just outa spite…. Just maybe then the sewer pipe would stop flowing. Just for a wee little bit. :duck:
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17985
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:30 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
scbriml wrote:

Unfortunately, Trump and his deranged support base will ensure that doesn't happen.


Trump or any voter don't get to choose who runs in the primaries. If Haley runs I am sure Trump will support her because she probably is one of the candidates with the best chance at this point.


What evidence do you have he’ll support anyone who supersedes him in a primary? :lol:
 
johns624
Posts: 5540
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:30 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
scbriml wrote:

Unfortunately, Trump and his deranged support base will ensure that doesn't happen.


Trump or any voter don't get to choose who runs in the primaries. If Haley runs I am sure Trump will support her because she probably is one of the candidates with the best chance at this point.
You don't think he's going to run himself?
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18956
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:13 pm

Conservatives have been in the tank for Putin for years, long before Trump so this is par for the course. They love his white supremacy, how he silences his opponents often violently, and his masculine shiny chesticles as he rides a horse.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 15066
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:20 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

What evidence do you have he’ll support anyone who supersedes him in a primary? :lol:


I get the feeling he isn't running for president and he will support the nominee.

johns624 wrote:
You don't think he's going to run himself?


Until it gets closer I don't think he is going to run for president. I can see another office but not the white house. I think he really hurt himself with some of the middle electorate on Jan 6th and even though Biden is doing horribly he knows better to sit that one out and run for something he wins more easily. Personally I think he likes the kingmaker role so he stays in the news cycle and can play golf every day.
 
ReverseFlow
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:40 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:26 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

What evidence do you have he’ll support anyone who supersedes him in a primary?


I get the feeling he isn't running for president and he will support the nominee.

johns624 wrote:
You don't think he's going to run himself?


Until it gets closer I don't think he is going to run for president. I can see another office but not the white house. I think he really hurt himself with some of the middle electorate on Jan 6th and even though Biden is doing horribly he knows better to sit that one out and run for something he wins more easily. Personally I think he likes the kingmaker role so he stays in the news cycle and can play golf every day.
Apart from 'kingmaker', which isn't an office - what other office would you see him do though?
As surely for his ego there is nothing better than being top dog which is the president.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18956
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:34 pm

scbriml wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
This is almost like treason. Disgusting!
Let’s hope the Republicans will nominate Nikki Haley for the next elections and then we don’t have to hear anything about this narcissist anymore …


Unfortunately, Trump and his deranged support base will ensure that doesn't happen.

I know I'm tilting at cancerous windmills but how on earth do conservatives think Ukraine *and* Russia both have the goods on Hunter?
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4455
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:41 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
scbriml wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
This is almost like treason. Disgusting!
Let’s hope the Republicans will nominate Nikki Haley for the next elections and then we don’t have to hear anything about this narcissist anymore …


Unfortunately, Trump and his deranged support base will ensure that doesn't happen.

I know I'm tilting at cancerous windmills but how on earth to conservatives think Ukraine *and* Russia both have the goods on Hunter?

Whether they do or don't, if nothing else Trump gets his name in the headlines. Which is at the end of the day what it's really about. Gotta feed the beast.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:26 pm

Good luck with that!

On the other hand if that laptop exist (FBI not denying they just can't find it lol) then it might turn out that Trump/Biden have a lot in common when it comes to dealings with oligarchs and trading favors.

I can ignore the speaker but I always listen to messages from both sides.
One way or another, it's getting ugly.
 
frmrCapCadet
Posts: 5463
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:44 pm

And the reward for Putin doing so is that if Trump is re-elected he will once again sabotage NATO, and our alliances with S. Korea and Japan.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18956
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:14 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
And the reward for Putin doing so is that if Trump is re-elected he will once again sabotage NATO, and our alliances with S. Korea and Japan.

Because Putin is afraid of Trump.

It's Schroedinger's Putin. Simultaneously deathly scared of Trump but also desperately wanting him back in power.
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 4997
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:25 pm

Can somebody please remind me; when did Joe Biden threaten to hold up the transfer of congressionally approved Armaments and Weaponry for an ally in desperate need, until that ally opened an investigation into his political opponent?
 
johns624
Posts: 5540
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Trump will never endorse anyone else for president. He never even says anything good about his own kids. Of course, what good can be said about them. It's embarrassing to listen to two "men" in their late 30s, mid 40s constantly do basically a "my dad can beat up your dad" routine. They'd be nothing without him and they aren't much with him.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17985
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:55 pm

johns624 wrote:
Trump will never endorse anyone else for president. He never even says anything good about his own kids. Of course, what good can be said about them. It's embarrassing to listen to two "men" in their late 30s, mid 40s constantly do basically a "my dad can beat up your dad" routine. They'd be nothing without him and they aren't much with him.


There is so much dysfunction there - there'll be a three-season Netflix series on those kids once the patriarch passes on.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18956
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:21 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Trump will never endorse anyone else for president. He never even says anything good about his own kids. Of course, what good can be said about them. It's embarrassing to listen to two "men" in their late 30s, mid 40s constantly do basically a "my dad can beat up your dad" routine. They'd be nothing without him and they aren't much with him.


There is so much dysfunction there - there'll be a three-season Netflix series on those kids once the patriarch passes on.

The mind boggling thing--of many--is that this was common knowledge in the 90s
 
hh65man
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:05 pm

https://youtu.be/HH2bw3GfMx4

Beau has a Interesting analysis on the matter, for efn Christ sake, when will it stop? It’s beyond mind boggling to me….
 
johns624
Posts: 5540
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:36 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Trump will never endorse anyone else for president. He never even says anything good about his own kids. Of course, what good can be said about them. It's embarrassing to listen to two "men" in their late 30s, mid 40s constantly do basically a "my dad can beat up your dad" routine. They'd be nothing without him and they aren't much with him.


There is so much dysfunction there - there'll be a three-season Netflix series on those kids once the patriarch passes on.

The mind boggling thing--of many--is that this was common knowledge in the 90s
Only to those who paid attention. I have a feeling that most of his voters had never heard of him until he was on The Apprentice.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4455
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:44 pm

johns624 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

There is so much dysfunction there - there'll be a three-season Netflix series on those kids once the patriarch passes on.

The mind boggling thing--of many--is that this was common knowledge in the 90s
Only to those who paid attention. I have a feeling that most of his voters had never heard of him until he was on The Apprentice.

Listen, he was in Home Alone 2 and The Little Rascals. And those...were the best...the most huge...the most successful family movies around...I mean it...just look at how beautiful they were.
 
GDB
Posts: 15386
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:48 pm

johns624 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

There is so much dysfunction there - there'll be a three-season Netflix series on those kids once the patriarch passes on.

The mind boggling thing--of many--is that this was common knowledge in the 90s
Only to those who paid attention. I have a feeling that most of his voters had never heard of him until he was on The Apprentice.


Proof maybe of my theory that 'reality TV' was always toxic, Trump was an obscure, bankrupted figure from the 80's and 90's little known outside NY where he was far from popular. They knew him.
Same applies to our Cosplay PM. a columnist (never a real journalist) who kept appearing in posh buffoon joker mode on too many TV shows, again those who knew him and employed (and usually sacked) him knew who he is, what he is.

In 1968 the BBC did a one off full length feature, 'The Year Of The Sex Olympics', a first TV appearance in a major role for Brian Cox, some who had their heads screwed on commented on how 'Big Brother' is very close to the society depicted in the film.
It was re-released last year, I have it, they were right with that comparison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Year_ ... x_Olympics

Meanwhile, Trump's chief media cheerleader;
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/ ... ther-jones
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24649
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:16 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Good luck with that!

On the other hand if that laptop exist (FBI not denying they just can't find it lol) then it might turn out that Trump/Biden have a lot in common when it comes to dealings with oligarchs and trading favors.

I can ignore the speaker but I always listen to messages from both sides.
One way or another, it's getting ugly.


c'mon, man...

If a right wing led FBI can't find something, maybe.... I dunno... it doesn't exist? Besides, who cares if Hunter had a job in Ukraine? Why is that damning for President Biden? Let's not forget that Ivanka got Chinese patents because she actually travelled with daddy to China.

Hunter Biden has his life. President Biden has his life. The only way they seem to be related to those outside the right wing echo chamber is their name. But, because there must be fuel for the base, the echo chamber has to make stuff up.

Go back and look at all the praise and love being heaped on the Russian dictator by dear leader 2016-2020. And his party praised him for it! Can't ignore facts.
 
User avatar
flyingclrs727
Posts: 3171
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:44 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:05 pm

I'm glad I voted against Trump 4 times! I was appalled when I found out in 2016 that Trump's campaign advisors had been advising Yanukovych. I was in Ukraine when the Maidan protests started in November 2013. I actually walked through the Maidan while people were assembling for the fourth night of protests. My wife is Ukrainian and had to escape from Odesa with our almost 2 year old son just a few days after the invasion started.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:42 pm

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Good luck with that!

On the other hand if that laptop exist (FBI not denying they just can't find it lol) then it might turn out that Trump/Biden have a lot in common when it comes to dealings with oligarchs and trading favors.

I can ignore the speaker but I always listen to messages from both sides.
One way or another, it's getting ugly.


c'mon, man...

If a right wing led FBI can't find something, maybe.... I dunno... it doesn't exist? Besides, who cares if Hunter had a job in Ukraine? Why is that damning for President Biden? Let's not forget that Ivanka got Chinese patents because she actually travelled with daddy to China.

Hunter Biden has his life. President Biden has his life. The only way they seem to be related to those outside the right wing echo chamber is their name. But, because there must be fuel for the base, the echo chamber has to make stuff up.

Go back and look at all the praise and love being heaped on the Russian dictator by dear leader 2016-2020. And his party praised him for it! Can't ignore facts.


Same story with left wing FBI. I'm pretty sure those are for most part the same people. I mean at least i hope so!
Hunter Biden is the son of a very powerful man that was in the spotlight for a very long time.
There's no questions they were approached all the time with favors, question is which of them they agreed to (if any :roll: )
I wanna know this, same way as I wanna know what mini Trumps did.
It's pretty important if you ask me.
 
Newark727
Posts: 2999
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:54 pm

Left wing FBI? That's rich.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:04 pm

Newark727 wrote:
Left wing FBI? That's rich.


Ask left they will say right wing FBI, ask right they will say left wing FBI.
US bipolar approach to everything is hilarious.
 
alfa164
Posts: 4119
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:43 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Same story with left wing FBI. I'm pretty sure those are for most part the same people. I mean at least i hope so!
Hunter Biden is the son of a very powerful man that was in the spotlight for a very long time. There's no questions they were approached all the time with favors, question is which of them they agreed to (if any :roll: ) I wanna know this, same way as I wanna know what mini Trumps did. It's pretty important if you ask me.


"... left wing FBI"? "...no questions they were approached all the time with favors..."

Do you have any evidence - even a shred - that would back-up those claims? I'd better not hold my breath...

:roll:


Newark727 wrote:
Left wing FBI? That's rich.


:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:49 pm

alfa164 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Same story with left wing FBI. I'm pretty sure those are for most part the same people. I mean at least i hope so!
Hunter Biden is the son of a very powerful man that was in the spotlight for a very long time. There's no questions they were approached all the time with favors, question is which of them they agreed to (if any :roll: ) I wanna know this, same way as I wanna know what mini Trumps did. It's pretty important if you ask me.


"... left wing FBI"? "...no questions they were approached all the time with favors..."

Do you have any evidence - even a shred - that would back-up those claims? I'd better not hold my breath...

:roll:


That's why you read the whole thing not cherry pick.
I said:
"...Same story with left wing FBI. I'm pretty sure those are for most part the same people..." Same people as in right wing FBI viewed from the liberal camp.
Maybe I wasn't clear but ultimately to me FBI is FBI not a political tool even though both parties scream they they are the arm of the opposite camp depending on who and what is investigated (or not).
Sure there's always somebody that will appear to appease certain group or politician but I really hope that all of you are wrong and the reactions I'm reading are caused by a outcome that doesn't match your agenda but does not in fact violate any law or procedures.

As for the favors...
That laptop that the left designated as a hoax finally seems to be materializing so we will see.
Just remember that if the verdict doesn't fit your narrative, don't call it a hoax. Research first and then make up your mind.

"...Good people can do bad things and bad people can do good things cause in the end they are just people..."
 
tomaheath
Posts: 901
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:23 pm

flyingclrs727 wrote:
I'm glad I voted against Trump 4 times! I was appalled when I found out in 2016 that Trump's campaign advisors had been advising Yanukovych. I was in Ukraine when the Maidan protests started in November 2013. I actually walked through the Maidan while people were assembling for the fourth night of protests. My wife is Ukrainian and had to escape from Odesa with our almost 2 year old son just a few days after the invasion started.

First time I ever voted was in 2020 and I proud that I voted in person for Trump. Prior to 2020 I couldn’t stand him.
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1705
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:30 pm

But keep focusing on Trump. It worked SO well for VA Governor Terry McAuliffe.
 
frmrCapCadet
Posts: 5463
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:34 pm

Keep in mind with posts on here that Russian disinformation agents to post on blogs and social media in the US
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15496
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:35 pm

Bricktop wrote:
But keep focusing on Trump. It worked SO well for VA Governor Terry McAuliffe.



So you support Trump reaching out to an Aggressive Nationalist that is committing Genocide in the Ukraine?

It's not us. The GOP is still latched at the nipple to him.
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1705
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:44 pm

casinterest wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
But keep focusing on Trump. It worked SO well for VA Governor Terry McAuliffe.



So you support Trump reaching out to an Aggressive Nationalist that is committing Genocide in the Ukraine?

It's not us. The GOP is still latched at the nipple to him.

Of course not. Why does everything have to be reductio ad absurdum?
And the hysterical (in both popular senses of the word) focus on Trump is not a winning strategy. Keep it up!
 
johns624
Posts: 5540
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:18 pm

casinterest wrote:
The GOP is still latched at the nipple to him.
I don't think it's the nipple... :D
 
johns624
Posts: 5540
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:19 pm

tomaheath wrote:
I proud that I voted in person for Trump. Prior to 2020 I couldn’t stand him.
I voted against him...absentee...
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24649
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:35 am

PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Good luck with that!

On the other hand if that laptop exist (FBI not denying they just can't find it lol) then it might turn out that Trump/Biden have a lot in common when it comes to dealings with oligarchs and trading favors.

I can ignore the speaker but I always listen to messages from both sides.
One way or another, it's getting ugly.


c'mon, man...

If a right wing led FBI can't find something, maybe.... I dunno... it doesn't exist? Besides, who cares if Hunter had a job in Ukraine? Why is that damning for President Biden? Let's not forget that Ivanka got Chinese patents because she actually travelled with daddy to China.

Hunter Biden has his life. President Biden has his life. The only way they seem to be related to those outside the right wing echo chamber is their name. But, because there must be fuel for the base, the echo chamber has to make stuff up.

Go back and look at all the praise and love being heaped on the Russian dictator by dear leader 2016-2020. And his party praised him for it! Can't ignore facts.


Same story with left wing FBI. I'm pretty sure those are for most part the same people. I mean at least i hope so!
Hunter Biden is the son of a very powerful man that was in the spotlight for a very long time.
There's no questions they were approached all the time with favors, question is which of them they agreed to (if any :roll: )
I wanna know this, same way as I wanna know what mini Trumps did.
It's pretty important if you ask me.


I am pretty sure, from all the evidence from all sides, that Hunter Biden got a job on his own while the former MAGA kids pulled the "my dad owns a dealership" to get what they wanted. I stand by this because I have examined both sides and have kept an open mind about all sources.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17985
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:57 am

tomaheath wrote:
flyingclrs727 wrote:
I'm glad I voted against Trump 4 times! I was appalled when I found out in 2016 that Trump's campaign advisors had been advising Yanukovych. I was in Ukraine when the Maidan protests started in November 2013. I actually walked through the Maidan while people were assembling for the fourth night of protests. My wife is Ukrainian and had to escape from Odesa with our almost 2 year old son just a few days after the invasion started.

First time I ever voted was in 2020 and I proud that I voted in person for Trump. Prior to 2020 I couldn’t stand him.


So are you saying you set the bar at and reward failure?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 21094
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:15 am

johns624 wrote:
tomaheath wrote:
I proud that I voted in person for Trump. Prior to 2020 I couldn’t stand him.
I voted against him...absentee...


Me too, 25 times. And I'm not even American! :rotfl:
 
Virtual737
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:50 am

Bricktop wrote:
But keep focusing on Trump. It worked SO well for VA Governor Terry McAuliffe.


About as well as it did for the GOP in November 2020.
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1705
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Trump seeks help from Putin ... even now.

Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:01 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
But keep focusing on Trump. It worked SO well for VA Governor Terry McAuliffe.


About as well as it did for the GOP in November 2020.

:headdesk:

If one wants to throw out cute little retorts, it pays to have reality to support them.

I rarely use Wikipedia as a source but (emphasis mine)..

In the 2018 United States House of Representatives elections, the Democrats had won 235 seats. Leading up to the 2020 elections, the Democrats were projected by many polls to expand their majority by up to 15 seats due to the unpopularity of then-President Donald Trump. While Democrats ultimately retained control of the House following the 2020 elections, they lost a total of 13 seats[2] and entered 2021 with a narrow 222–213 House majority.[3][4] Election Day 2020 was the first time since 2004 that the Republican Party made net gains in the House during a presidential election year.

Republicans exceeded expectations in the 2020 House elections,
winning back a number of seats that they lost in 2018 while successfully defending competitive seats that Democrats had hoped to flip. No Republican incumbent was defeated for re-election, while 13 incumbent Democrats were ousted by Republicans; also, several successful Democratic candidates won by smaller-than-expected margins. Many have cited Trump's presence on the ballot as having fueled high Republican turnout,[3][5][6][7] while others have emphasized the Republican Party's efforts to promote their female and minority candidates.[8][9][10][11]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Avatar2go, B717fan, BN747, CaptHadley, Charles79, CitizenJustin, Google Adsense [Bot], leader1, TriJets, wirkey and 44 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos