Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24536
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:57 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Redd wrote:

I think you're confused. It's the left that are pushing 'math is racist', and needs to be cancelled.


Gov. Desantis and the Republican controlled Florida legislature cancelled math because it's racist, somehow. But do explain how it is "the left" cancelling math. Please.


How did Florida cancel math?


https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... -students/
https://floridapolitics.com/archives/51 ... trination/
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/17/us/flori ... index.html

Math is somehow racist and indoctrinating children. I have read several articles and have still not seen how.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15336
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:14 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

***EDIT
Show me a math textbook that should have anything BUT math in it.

Not to mention you are bringing issues about algebra in schools cause why not add to a republican bash while you;re at it right?
My response at least sticks to math.



What about your response refers to math in textbooks? Your reference is in regard to teacher preperation materials, which is completely opinion pieces about whether an instructional option is valid or not. Not about textbooks.


Everything lol.
It illustrates the direction where math education is heading in this country.
Now is preparation later is curriculum.
And if 54 books submitted for evaluation were banned then I guess the curriculum phase is already here?
Pretty straightforward and simple.
What your algebra post has to do with math textbooks? I really wanna know this one.



That post was by a Florida Democrat. Even they are pointing out how obscure and swampy the Florida Republicans are being about this book banning. But please go on with your totally irrelevant post from other states.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:35 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:


What about your response refers to math in textbooks? Your reference is in regard to teacher preperation materials, which is completely opinion pieces about whether an instructional option is valid or not. Not about textbooks.


Everything lol.
It illustrates the direction where math education is heading in this country.
Now is preparation later is curriculum.
And if 54 books submitted for evaluation were banned then I guess the curriculum phase is already here?
Pretty straightforward and simple.
What your algebra post has to do with math textbooks? I really wanna know this one.



That post was by a Florida Democrat. Even they are pointing out how obscure and swampy the Florida Republicans are being about this book banning. But please go on with your totally irrelevant post from other states.


So I'm linking articles explaining what is happening and what can potentially be the reason a response like that was issued and you bring up politicians fighting for influence stating their opinions about other politicians/party?
Yeah, that's so SOOOOO relevant lmao.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:38 pm

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Gov. Desantis and the Republican controlled Florida legislature cancelled math because it's racist, somehow. But do explain how it is "the left" cancelling math. Please.


How did Florida cancel math?


https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... -students/
https://floridapolitics.com/archives/51 ... trination/
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/17/us/flori ... index.html

Math is somehow racist and indoctrinating children. I have read several articles and have still not seen how.


41% is not canceling. That's less than half books that were submitted for review.
There's still 80 books that passed which clearly were right on the subject and will be used by kids to learn.
Talk about exaggeration.

There's also this line in the CNN article that you linked which makes it obvious that banning certain publications is a normal thing during a review process.
"...The release said the list of rejected books makes up approximately 41% of submissions, which is the most in Florida's history..."
Bet this one makes headlines cause CRT, racism, blah blah blah.
SJW's baited again to scream foul.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:13 pm

Please someone explain how does this prepare and teaches math to K12 students?

I mean literature, philosophy sure why not... But MATH during math classes?? LMAO

https://www.k12.wa.us/sites/default/fil ... mework.pdf
https://www.edweek.org/teaching-learnin ... th/2019/10
Last edited by PixelPilot on Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15336
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:14 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Everything lol.
It illustrates the direction where math education is heading in this country.
Now is preparation later is curriculum.
And if 54 books submitted for evaluation were banned then I guess the curriculum phase is already here?
Pretty straightforward and simple.
What your algebra post has to do with math textbooks? I really wanna know this one.



That post was by a Florida Democrat. Even they are pointing out how obscure and swampy the Florida Republicans are being about this book banning. But please go on with your totally irrelevant post from other states.


So I'm linking articles explaining what is happening and what can potentially be the reason a response like that was issued and you bring up politicians fighting for influence stating their opinions about other politicians/party?
Yeah, that's so SOOOOO relevant lmao.


You quoted from none of your articles, and there is no relevance to the Florida banning of multiple Math textbooks without detailed reasons why , other than racism and incompetence in the Florida GOP.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15336
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:18 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

So I'm linking articles explaining what is happening and what can potentially be the reason a response like that was issued and you bring up politicians fighting for influence stating their opinions about other politicians/party?
Yeah, that's so SOOOOO relevant lmao.


You quoted from none of your articles, and there is no relevance to the Florida banning of multiple Math textbooks without detailed reasons why , other than racism and incompetence in the Florida GOP.


Like clockwork.
Racists and blah blah blah. Great input. Very educated.

Also when you see "... xxxx ..." that's a quote.
From original post

"...In math, lessons are more theoretical. Seattle's recently released proposal includes questions like, "Where does Power and Oppression show up in our math experiences?" and "How is math manipulated to allow inequality and oppression to persist?"..."



And did you read the article? It was a question for teachers in evaluating their lessons on existing textbooks IN SEATTLE. Not on the actual textbooks in FLORIDA. But please . go back and read your articles and open a racism based thread about why understanding bad questions is a bad thing.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:20 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You quoted from none of your articles, and there is no relevance to the Florida banning of multiple Math textbooks without detailed reasons why , other than racism and incompetence in the Florida GOP.


Like clockwork.
Racists and blah blah blah. Great input. Very educated.

Also when you see "... xxxx ..." that's a quote.
From original post

"...In math, lessons are more theoretical. Seattle's recently released proposal includes questions like, "Where does Power and Oppression show up in our math experiences?" and "How is math manipulated to allow inequality and oppression to persist?"..."



And did you read the article? It was a question for teachers in evaluating their lessons on existing textbooks IN SEATTLE. Not on the actual textbooks in FLORIDA. But please . go back and read your articles and open a racism based thread about why understanding bad questions is a bad thing.


Yeah,leftist ideologies.
Maybe that's what is hitting Florida WHICH IS WHY some of the proposed books were banned?
We're talking logic 101 here.

I still don't know what does algebra have to do with MATH BOOKS in FLORIDA though.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15336
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:41 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Like clockwork.
Racists and blah blah blah. Great input. Very educated.

Also when you see "... xxxx ..." that's a quote.
From original post

"...In math, lessons are more theoretical. Seattle's recently released proposal includes questions like, "Where does Power and Oppression show up in our math experiences?" and "How is math manipulated to allow inequality and oppression to persist?"..."



And did you read the article? It was a question for teachers in evaluating their lessons on existing textbooks IN SEATTLE. Not on the actual textbooks in FLORIDA. But please . go back and read your articles and open a racism based thread about why understanding bad questions is a bad thing.


Yeah,leftist ideologies.
Maybe that's what is hitting Florida WHICH IS WHY some of the proposed books were banned?
We're talking logic 101 here.

I still don't know what does algebra have to do with MATH BOOKS in FLORIDA though.


You don't know what Algebra is do you?
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:59 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:


And did you read the article? It was a question for teachers in evaluating their lessons on existing textbooks IN SEATTLE. Not on the actual textbooks in FLORIDA. But please . go back and read your articles and open a racism based thread about why understanding bad questions is a bad thing.


Yeah,leftist ideologies.
Maybe that's what is hitting Florida WHICH IS WHY some of the proposed books were banned?
We're talking logic 101 here.

I still don't know what does algebra have to do with MATH BOOKS in FLORIDA though.


You don't know what Algebra is do you?


lol again.
I'll try to explain it better...
What parts/symbols/definitions of algebra were banned in those books in Florida? And what are the chances that they will?
Any proposals or studies or guidelines for it to happen?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15336
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:02 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Yeah,leftist ideologies.
Maybe that's what is hitting Florida WHICH IS WHY some of the proposed books were banned?
We're talking logic 101 here.

I still don't know what does algebra have to do with MATH BOOKS in FLORIDA though.


You don't know what Algebra is do you?


lol again.
I'll try to explain it better...
What parts/symbols/definitions of algebra were banned in those books in Florida?



We don't now, but banning 40% of Math books over political issues and disagreements of how math should be taught shouldn't be a political issue, but Republicans have made it one. So I can't see how anyone can give Republicans any credibility for fact bases discussions when they won't even post details on what was rejected and why. Especially since their own anti-crt law is racist to the core.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:09 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You don't know what Algebra is do you?


lol again.
I'll try to explain it better...
What parts/symbols/definitions of algebra were banned in those books in Florida?



We don't now, but banning 40% of Math books over political issues and disagreements of how math should be taught shouldn't be a political issue, but Republicans have made it one. So I can't see how anyone can give Republicans any credibility for fact bases discussions when they won't even post details on what was rejected and why. Especially since their own anti-crt law is racist to the core.


Here's the thing.
By banning political messages from mathematics you are actually preserving it. Give me some examples were politics are good in teaching math and math itself.
Logically you want people to be as best at the subject so they can read it well and understand it but talking about feelings and emotions while they still can't do math is simply absurd or planned. For real. There's no logic behind handicapping generations of people vs rest of the world unless you want to create a mass factory worker population as that will be their peak capability since grocery level math will be out of the question.
I wouldn't argue about history, literature or any of the subjects that are left to interpretation. Hell, go at it. Ultimately all the stories are written by the victors so there's a lot of the truth we don't know in those subject.
But... we're talking math here lmao.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15336
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:19 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

lol again.
I'll try to explain it better...
What parts/symbols/definitions of algebra were banned in those books in Florida?



We don't now, but banning 40% of Math books over political issues and disagreements of how math should be taught shouldn't be a political issue, but Republicans have made it one. So I can't see how anyone can give Republicans any credibility for fact bases discussions when they won't even post details on what was rejected and why. Especially since their own anti-crt law is racist to the core.


Here's the thing.
By banning political messages from mathematics you are actually preserving it. Give me some examples were politics are good in teaching math and math itself.
Logically you want people to be as best at the subject so they can read it well and understand it but talking about feelings and emotions while they still can't do math is simply absurd or planned. For real. There's no logic behind handicapping generations of people vs rest of the world unless you want to create a mass factory worker population as that will be their peak capability since grocery level math will be out of the question.
I wouldn't argue about history, literature or any of the subjects that are left to interpretation. Hell, go at it. Ultimately all the stories are written by the victors so there's a lot of the truth we don't know in those subject.
But... we're talking math here lmao.



I still want to see how the Math Textbooks were banned, and I want you to understand that Math questions have word problems which have some insanely political messaging in past years. Mine had some extremely racist questions in them. So while I get that most GOP members think Math is like a calculator, Real Engineer, and Real statisticians have to deal with math on many levels going forward, and there is bias in the data many times, and there is bias in the instruction. SO tell me again why Florida is banning books based on CRT?
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:24 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:


We don't now, but banning 40% of Math books over political issues and disagreements of how math should be taught shouldn't be a political issue, but Republicans have made it one. So I can't see how anyone can give Republicans any credibility for fact bases discussions when they won't even post details on what was rejected and why. Especially since their own anti-crt law is racist to the core.


Here's the thing.
By banning political messages from mathematics you are actually preserving it. Give me some examples were politics are good in teaching math and math itself.
Logically you want people to be as best at the subject so they can read it well and understand it but talking about feelings and emotions while they still can't do math is simply absurd or planned. For real. There's no logic behind handicapping generations of people vs rest of the world unless you want to create a mass factory worker population as that will be their peak capability since grocery level math will be out of the question.
I wouldn't argue about history, literature or any of the subjects that are left to interpretation. Hell, go at it. Ultimately all the stories are written by the victors so there's a lot of the truth we don't know in those subject.
But... we're talking math here lmao.



I still want to see how the Math Textbooks were banned, and I want you to understand that Math questions have word problems which have some insanely political messaging in past years. Mine had some extremely racist questions in them. So while I get that most GOP members think Math is like a calculator, Real Engineer, and Real statisticians have to deal with math on many levels going forward, and there is bias in the data many times, and there is bias in the instruction. SO tell me again why Florida is banning books based on CRT?


When did your books have racist stuff in them?
Genuine question.
I have a math 1% under my roof and I help whenever I can and never heard anything political in the questions.
I asked if there's something that caught the eye and was told no. Considering that another 1% that often studies here is non white and has similar opinion points me that at least this particular school they attend to is pretty clear that math is math.

NOW, for the record I would love to see what was the reason for rejection.
I hope that if not the state, then the publishers will share this data. Nobody is stopping them from doing so.
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 18952
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:50 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
c933103 wrote:
Have any textbook publishers came out and talked about how or which parts of their textbooks have been rejected by Florida?

Still zero evidence from anyone, other than quickly disproven fake news from the FL GOP.

PixelPilot wrote:
lol "math is racist" is going on for years now and it is the lefts idea straight up from the start.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nswer.html
https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyl ... story.html

"...In math, lessons are more theoretical. Seattle's recently released proposal includes questions like, "Where does Power and Oppression show up in our math experiences?" and "How is math manipulated to allow inequality and oppression to persist?"..."

So basically instead of learning numbers to be able to understand if somebody is trying to manipulate the data they will all talk about their experience but in the end nobody will know how to even notice the problem.
That's dumb on so many levels that it makes me think the obvious outcome IS the intended purpose hidden under another bull to rally the simpletons.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/california ... 1621355858
https://equitablemath.org/wp-content/up ... TRIDE1.pdf

Poor education system breeds poor educators. Poor educators breed hordes of uneducated people.
It's a generational disaster in the making.

Did you...uh...read any of the articles you linked?

ReverseFlow wrote:
A reverse search of the image finds this:
https://m.facebook.com/dragqueenstoryho ... es_LA&_rdr

Halloween story reading.

Completely voluntary of course.


Yeah I even quoted one of them.
It perfectly illustrates the issue about politicized and racialized education as a whole and a liberal take on the teachings of math.
I mean you're the one that took $500 for things that never happened right?


"It's not that the formulas and equations taught in current math classes are racist, Castro-Gill said it's about how they're used in daily life.

"Nowhere in this document says that math is inherently racist," she said. "
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15336
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:45 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Here's the thing.
By banning political messages from mathematics you are actually preserving it. Give me some examples were politics are good in teaching math and math itself.
Logically you want people to be as best at the subject so they can read it well and understand it but talking about feelings and emotions while they still can't do math is simply absurd or planned. For real. There's no logic behind handicapping generations of people vs rest of the world unless you want to create a mass factory worker population as that will be their peak capability since grocery level math will be out of the question.
I wouldn't argue about history, literature or any of the subjects that are left to interpretation. Hell, go at it. Ultimately all the stories are written by the victors so there's a lot of the truth we don't know in those subject.
But... we're talking math here lmao.



I still want to see how the Math Textbooks were banned, and I want you to understand that Math questions have word problems which have some insanely political messaging in past years. Mine had some extremely racist questions in them. So while I get that most GOP members think Math is like a calculator, Real Engineer, and Real statisticians have to deal with math on many levels going forward, and there is bias in the data many times, and there is bias in the instruction. SO tell me again why Florida is banning books based on CRT?


When did your books have racist stuff in them?
Genuine question.
I have a math 1% under my roof and I help whenever I can and never heard anything political in the questions.
I asked if there's something that caught the eye and was told no. Considering that another 1% that often studies here is non white and has similar opinion points me that at least this particular school they attend to is pretty clear that math is math.

NOW, for the record I would love to see what was the reason for rejection.
I hope that if not the state, then the publishers will share this data. Nobody is stopping them from doing so.



mine had plenty. Stuff that our teachers would omit from homework.

However in Florida I fail to see why Common core is an issue at all, other than the fact that the GOP is not smart enough to understand it.
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 18952
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:48 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:


I still want to see how the Math Textbooks were banned, and I want you to understand that Math questions have word problems which have some insanely political messaging in past years. Mine had some extremely racist questions in them. So while I get that most GOP members think Math is like a calculator, Real Engineer, and Real statisticians have to deal with math on many levels going forward, and there is bias in the data many times, and there is bias in the instruction. SO tell me again why Florida is banning books based on CRT?


When did your books have racist stuff in them?
Genuine question.
I have a math 1% under my roof and I help whenever I can and never heard anything political in the questions.
I asked if there's something that caught the eye and was told no. Considering that another 1% that often studies here is non white and has similar opinion points me that at least this particular school they attend to is pretty clear that math is math.

NOW, for the record I would love to see what was the reason for rejection.
I hope that if not the state, then the publishers will share this data. Nobody is stopping them from doing so.



mine had plenty. Stuff that our teachers would omit from homework.

However in Florida I fail to see why Common core is an issue at all, other than the fact that the GOP is not smart enough to understand it.

Honestly can't remember what the hysteria over common core was about but that was about a dozen GOP hysterias ago... I'm surprised FL didn't ban math books because they did a socialism/communism to children
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15336
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:55 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

When did your books have racist stuff in them?
Genuine question.
I have a math 1% under my roof and I help whenever I can and never heard anything political in the questions.
I asked if there's something that caught the eye and was told no. Considering that another 1% that often studies here is non white and has similar opinion points me that at least this particular school they attend to is pretty clear that math is math.

NOW, for the record I would love to see what was the reason for rejection.
I hope that if not the state, then the publishers will share this data. Nobody is stopping them from doing so.



mine had plenty. Stuff that our teachers would omit from homework.

However in Florida I fail to see why Common core is an issue at all, other than the fact that the GOP is not smart enough to understand it.

Honestly can't remember what the hysteria over common core was about but that was about a dozen GOP hysterias ago... I'm surprised FL didn't ban math books because they did a socialism/communism to children


https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/05/states- ... -core.html


Looks like the list has been released.

https://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.ph ... ecList.pdf


How does a book get a great score on subject standards but get refused on Special ITEMs? Especially from world renowned publishers.

Seems to me that someone needs to check the payola going into the GOP pockets.
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 967
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:04 pm

Newark727 wrote:
They're going to start burning them next, just wait.




They’d burn more than that if they could. These people are dangerously ignorant and can be convinced of almost anything.
 
cpd
Posts: 7244
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:15 pm

casinterest wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
casinterest wrote:


mine had plenty. Stuff that our teachers would omit from homework.

However in Florida I fail to see why Common core is an issue at all, other than the fact that the GOP is not smart enough to understand it.

Honestly can't remember what the hysteria over common core was about but that was about a dozen GOP hysterias ago... I'm surprised FL didn't ban math books because they did a socialism/communism to children


https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/05/states- ... -core.html


Looks like the list has been released.

https://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.ph ... ecList.pdf


How does a book get a great score on subject standards but get refused on Special ITEMs? Especially from world renowned publishers.

Seems to me that someone needs to check the payola going into the GOP pockets.


They look pretty mundane to me and from fairly major publishers like McGraw Hill.

I tried to see a sample of one of the titles but the site just kept timing out.
Last edited by cpd on Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 6499
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:17 pm

casinterest wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
casinterest wrote:


mine had plenty. Stuff that our teachers would omit from homework.

However in Florida I fail to see why Common core is an issue at all, other than the fact that the GOP is not smart enough to understand it.

Honestly can't remember what the hysteria over common core was about but that was about a dozen GOP hysterias ago... I'm surprised FL didn't ban math books because they did a socialism/communism to children


https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/05/states- ... -core.html


Looks like the list has been released.

https://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.ph ... ecList.pdf


How does a book get a great score on subject standards but get refused on Special ITEMs? Especially from world renowned publishers.

Seems to me that someone needs to check the payola going into the GOP pockets.


Common core or not is curriculum issue, given that each American states have their right to adopt curriculum they see fit (unless I am mistaken), then if they decide an alternative standard they define should be adopted, textbook publishers who aren't compiling not being accepted by state government seems logical
I don't think this part is a big problem
In fact, many of the books inside the list specifically have "Florida" or "BEST" in their name, which seems to indicate the publishers were trying to compile with the state standard, but are merely failed at doing so.
And the PDF also explain why K-5 textbooks are especially affected by the ban, where it said "All grade levels K-5 must meet standards alignment and scoring criteria for adoption".
For grade 6-8 and 9-12, the list seems to require down the standard alignment score to be down to below 40 for a textbook to fail it, but in K-5 it seems to require at least 50 for a book to pass the check and be adopted, thus there are a number of textbook in the PDF which showed no red but are not being adopted

The bigger question is in which way are they banning the other half of the list which according to official break down are because of "include special topics"
Since these are new textbooks designed for Florida's new curriculum this year, there are no existing example for us to check what content do they include and how objectionable those content are for the state to classify them as "include special topics".
This classification is of simply "Y/N" is also so rough that the public cannot deduce any information from it.
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 967
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:23 pm

Ok, this is officially getting scary. Where is all of this headed?
 
luckyone
Posts: 4404
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:44 pm

Wait until they recognize how much of mathematics is non-binary.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 16190
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:07 am

I wish we knew what the specific content in these books causing their rejection. Is it having pictures of non-White people ? Names more traditionally connected certain racial and ethnic groups ? A woman depicted in other than a 'traditional' woman's role ? As to the 'Common Core' content, there has long been strong opposition as seems illogical, parents can't understand it or help their children with their homework or cause them to fail standardized tests.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 15034
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:47 am

SL1200MK2 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a meme that is math related... With a little bit of climate change and gender studies for good measure.

Image


I’m not picking up on this one really. Can you break down where the humor is?


The white supremacy propaganda is a favorite of left. I mean just check out NYC and see all the hate crime being committed by "white supramcists"
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 18952
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:51 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
Ok, this is officially getting scary. Where is all of this headed?

Radio Rwanda
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 6499
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:56 am

ltbewr wrote:
I wish we knew what the specific content in these books causing their rejection. Is it having pictures of non-White people ? Names more traditionally connected certain racial and ethnic groups ? A woman depicted in other than a 'traditional' woman's role ? As to the 'Common Core' content, there has long been strong opposition as seems illogical, parents can't understand it or help their children with their homework or cause them to fail standardized tests.

Do we know whether textbook publishers are being told which specific parts are being rejected or not? Since if they aren't being told which parts they are rejected then publishers are certainly going to make more than necessary "correction" and to step it up every year to make sure their book can be included in the official list.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a meme that is math related... With a little bit of climate change and gender studies for good measure.

Image


I’m not picking up on this one really. Can you break down where the humor is?


The white supremacy propaganda is a favorite of left. I mean just check out NYC and see all the hate crime being committed by "white supramcists"


Total conflation. Just because there are racist attacks in NYC by non-whites does not mean white supremacist attacks are not on the rise elsewhere in the country. Just ridiculous.
 
SL1200MK2
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:29 am

NIKV69 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a meme that is math related... With a little bit of climate change and gender studies for good measure.

Image


I’m not picking up on this one really. Can you break down where the humor is?


The white supremacy propaganda is a favorite of left. I mean just check out NYC and see all the hate crime being committed by "white supramcists"


For real, what are you talking about? And, how come you’re always hung up on New York?

I think it may be interesting and it could add to the conversation.
 
SL1200MK2
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:35 am

Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:

I’m not picking up on this one really. Can you break down where the humor is?


The white supremacy propaganda is a favorite of left. I mean just check out NYC and see all the hate crime being committed by "white supramcists"


Total conflation. Just because there are racist attacks in NYC by non-whites does not mean white supremacist attacks are not on the rise elsewhere in the country. Just ridiculous.


I guess when you consider that Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy are their top comedians, the meme makes a bit more sense.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 6210
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:29 am

NIKV69 wrote:

The white supremacy propaganda is a favorite of left. I mean just check out NYC and see all the hate crime being committed by "white supramcists"


Refuting an accusation of racism by using a racist accusation is next level conservative logic...
 
Redd
Posts: 1495
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:49 am

tomaheath wrote:
Redd wrote:
seb146 wrote:
2+2 needs to be cancelled?



I think you're confused. It's the left that are pushing 'math is racist', and needs to be cancelled.

And here's a drag queen reading to children. Not in Florida, not anymore at least. :checkmark:
Image

I hope that photo isn’t real.



Just google drag Queen reading hour. And then one starts to understand Florida.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:38 am

Redd wrote:
tomaheath wrote:
Redd wrote:

I think you're confused. It's the left that are pushing 'math is racist', and needs to be cancelled.

And here's a drag queen reading to children. Not in Florida, not anymore at least. :checkmark:
Image

I hope that photo isn’t real.



Just google drag Queen reading hour. And then one starts to understand Florida.


Yeah, no. It says a lot more about people reacting to drag than the drag queens’ reading hour itself. Record turnout in many places means librarians love it. Their job is to promote interest in reading.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/docproject/how ... -1.5786657

As I asked upthread, if the queens aren’t changing the words in the books, *why* care?? Next level snowflakery.
 
Redd
Posts: 1495
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:14 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Redd wrote:
tomaheath wrote:
I hope that photo isn’t real.



Just google drag Queen reading hour. And then one starts to understand Florida.


Yeah, no. It says a lot more about people reacting to drag than the drag queens’ reading hour itself. Record turnout in many places means librarians love it. Their job is to promote interest in reading.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/docproject/how ... -1.5786657

As I asked upthread, if the queens aren’t changing the words in the books, *why* care?? Next level snowflakery.


People are losing their mind. Introducing pre-schoolers and young children to kinks & fetishes, what's next, record turnout for grade two'ers for BDSM lessons? You and along with everyone who supports this sick crap shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a child.

Drag queens aren't a sexual minority, it's a kink/fetish, nothing more. Ah, also great that the schools don't check if they're sex offenders, as some have been found to have that on their record. Isn't that just a dandy idea...
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 14069
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:03 am

pune wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a meme that is math related... With a little bit of climate change and gender studies for good measure.

Image


I’m not picking up on this one really. Can you break down where the humor is?


same here, it's beyond my understanding :(


That’s the actual joke!
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:45 am

Redd wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Redd wrote:


Just google drag Queen reading hour. And then one starts to understand Florida.


Yeah, no. It says a lot more about people reacting to drag than the drag queens’ reading hour itself. Record turnout in many places means librarians love it. Their job is to promote interest in reading.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/docproject/how ... -1.5786657

As I asked upthread, if the queens aren’t changing the words in the books, *why* care?? Next level snowflakery.


People are losing their mind. Introducing pre-schoolers and young children to kinks & fetishes, what's next, record turnout for grade two'ers for BDSM lessons? You and along with everyone who supports this sick crap shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a child.

Drag queens aren't a sexual minority, it's a kink/fetish, nothing more. Ah, also great that the schools don't check if they're sex offenders, as some have been found to have that on their record. Isn't that just a dandy idea...


Riiiiight because everything in life follows the slippery slope fallacy. Why have priests or mall Santas or schoolteachers? Some have been found to be sex offenders, lawdamercy!

Drag is only a kink/fetish when people are getting off to it, otherwise it's performance art. You're projecting that one slice of it onto children...isn't that what's sick? :boggled:
 
JJJ
Posts: 4244
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:12 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:02 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Redd wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Yeah, no. It says a lot more about people reacting to drag than the drag queens’ reading hour itself. Record turnout in many places means librarians love it. Their job is to promote interest in reading.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/docproject/how ... -1.5786657

As I asked upthread, if the queens aren’t changing the words in the books, *why* care?? Next level snowflakery.


People are losing their mind. Introducing pre-schoolers and young children to kinks & fetishes, what's next, record turnout for grade two'ers for BDSM lessons? You and along with everyone who supports this sick crap shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a child.

Drag queens aren't a sexual minority, it's a kink/fetish, nothing more. Ah, also great that the schools don't check if they're sex offenders, as some have been found to have that on their record. Isn't that just a dandy idea...


Riiiiight because everything in life follows the slippery slope fallacy. Why have priests or mall Santas or schoolteachers? Some have been found to be sex offenders, lawdamercy!

Drag is only a kink/fetish when people are getting off to it, otherwise it's performance art. You're projecting that one slice of it onto children...isn't that what's sick? :boggled:


To an 8 year old a drag queen is indistinguishable from a clown.

Someone with a brightly coloured costume and heavy makeup reading a book. Big deal.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20892
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:39 am

Redd wrote:
People are losing their mind. Introducing pre-schoolers and young children to kinks & fetishes, what's next, record turnout for grade two'ers for BDSM lessons? You and along with everyone who supports this sick crap shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a child.


This says way more about you than it does about a man in a costume reading to kids. Some perspective wouldn't go amiss.
 
phatfarmlines
Posts: 2196
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:17 pm

ltbewr wrote:
I wish we knew what the specific content in these books causing their rejection. Is it having pictures of non-White people ? Names more traditionally connected certain racial and ethnic groups ? A woman depicted in other than a 'traditional' woman's role ? As to the 'Common Core' content, there has long been strong opposition as seems illogical, parents can't understand it or help their children with their homework or cause them to fail standardized tests.


The same questions are being asked on the Reddit forums. The only explanations people can come up with are question like: "Henry has 10 apples, he gave 5 to Muhammad. How many apples does Henry have left?"
 
luckyone
Posts: 4404
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:37 pm

scbriml wrote:
Redd wrote:
People are losing their mind. Introducing pre-schoolers and young children to kinks & fetishes, what's next, record turnout for grade two'ers for BDSM lessons? You and along with everyone who supports this sick crap shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a child.


This says way more about you than it does about a man in a costume reading to kids. Some perspective wouldn't go amiss.

Let's make sure we have a law in place banning minors from Mardis Gras and South Beach. They might see boobies.
 
Redd
Posts: 1495
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:21 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

Drag is only a kink/fetish when people are getting off to it, otherwise it's performance art. You're projecting that one slice of it onto children...isn't that what's sick? :boggled:


You can't separate that kink/fetish aspect out of it. It is performance art, but so is stripping, neither being appropriate for children. What's sick is that people like you want to push adult kink/fetish performance art to children. DeSantis 100% right, it's indoctrination.

I don't even believe I have to actually be typing this, but young children should not be exposed to kinks and fetishes! If you think otherwise, I stand by my previous statement that you shouldn't be allowed within 100ft of a child.
 
Redd
Posts: 1495
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:23 pm

scbriml wrote:
Redd wrote:
People are losing their mind. Introducing pre-schoolers and young children to kinks & fetishes, what's next, record turnout for grade two'ers for BDSM lessons? You and along with everyone who supports this sick crap shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a child.


This says way more about you than it does about a man in a costume reading to kids. Some perspective wouldn't go amiss.


Say's you have some twisted values if you think children should be viewing kinks and fetishes.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:34 pm

Redd wrote:
You can't separate that kink/fetish aspect out of it.


Actually one easily can, if their brain is capable of nuance.

My sister in law's younger sister is a bit of a goth and wears chokers. Some might call that a kink. Guess we should keep her away from my nephew and niece even though she's a sweet and generous aunt. What a twisted world overreactionaries want to paint pictures of...character is not important, only how you appear, I guess?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15336
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:42 pm

c933103 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Honestly can't remember what the hysteria over common core was about but that was about a dozen GOP hysterias ago... I'm surprised FL didn't ban math books because they did a socialism/communism to children


https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/05/states- ... -core.html


Looks like the list has been released.

https://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.ph ... ecList.pdf


How does a book get a great score on subject standards but get refused on Special ITEMs? Especially from world renowned publishers.

Seems to me that someone needs to check the payola going into the GOP pockets.


Common core or not is curriculum issue, given that each American states have their right to adopt curriculum they see fit (unless I am mistaken), then if they decide an alternative standard they define should be adopted, textbook publishers who aren't compiling not being accepted by state government seems logical
I don't think this part is a big problem
In fact, many of the books inside the list specifically have "Florida" or "BEST" in their name, which seems to indicate the publishers were trying to compile with the state standard, but are merely failed at doing so.
And the PDF also explain why K-5 textbooks are especially affected by the ban, where it said "All grade levels K-5 must meet standards alignment and scoring criteria for adoption".
For grade 6-8 and 9-12, the list seems to require down the standard alignment score to be down to below 40 for a textbook to fail it, but in K-5 it seems to require at least 50 for a book to pass the check and be adopted, thus there are a number of textbook in the PDF which showed no red but are not being adopted

The bigger question is in which way are they banning the other half of the list which according to official break down are because of "include special topics"
Since these are new textbooks designed for Florida's new curriculum this year, there are no existing example for us to check what content do they include and how objectionable those content are for the state to classify them as "include special topics".
This classification is of simply "Y/N" is also so rough that the public cannot deduce any information from it.


The Y/N for special topics is probably going to sink the Florida Legislature. I expect serious investigations of kickbacks from lobbyists to the DOE members.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 6210
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:50 pm

Redd wrote:
Say's you have some twisted values if you think children should be viewing kinks and fetishes.


Kinks and fetishes? Are they telling these kids stories about their sexual lives?
Is 'transvestite story telling' part of the Florida curriculum that parents and politicians need to be so worried about it or is it yet another isolated event that the right is using to cook up one more storm in a teacup to rile up the base again?

If you listened to nothing but the right wing outrage machine these days, you'd swear that transvestites and testosterone-deprived men were the biggest issues facing the nation... If only Republicans were so fanatical about protecting kids from gun violence as they are about protecting them from the horrors of non-heteronormal sexuality. :sarcastic:
Last edited by Francoflier on Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 18952
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:52 pm

Redd wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Drag is only a kink/fetish when people are getting off to it, otherwise it's performance art. You're projecting that one slice of it onto children...isn't that what's sick? :boggled:


You can't separate that kink/fetish aspect out of it.

Someone is telling on themself! No one—and I mean *no one* I know, or have ever met, views drag as a kink or fetish. It's like viewing the Disney characters as a kink or fetish. I'm sure *someone* gets into that but it is absolutely not a kink or fetish. But if that’s your thing there’s nothing wrong with that.

Redd wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

DeSantis 100% right, it's indoctrination.

You're thinking church, since most child abuse is either by a family member or church, but since grifting evangelical groomers make up the GOP base, you'll never hear about that of course.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20892
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:03 pm

Redd wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Redd wrote:
People are losing their mind. Introducing pre-schoolers and young children to kinks & fetishes, what's next, record turnout for grade two'ers for BDSM lessons? You and along with everyone who supports this sick crap shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a child.


This says way more about you than it does about a man in a costume reading to kids. Some perspective wouldn't go amiss.


Say's you have some twisted values if you think children should be viewing kinks and fetishes.


Nah, it actually sounds like you're projecting your own fears and insecurities.

Let's try a different approach - which "kinks and fetishes" are these kids viewing? Please explain.
Image
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 18952
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:43 pm

Francoflier wrote:
Redd wrote:
Say's you have some twisted values if you think children should be viewing kinks and fetishes.


Kinks and fetishes? Are they telling these kids stories about their sexual lives?
Is 'transvestite story telling' part of the Florida curriculum that parents and politicians need to be so worried about it or is it yet another isolated event that the right is using to cook up one more storm in a teacup to rile up the base again?

If you listened to nothing but the right wing outrage machine these days, you'd swear that transvestites and testosterone-deprived men were the biggest issues facing the nation... If only Republicans were so fanatical about protecting kids from gun violence as they are about protecting them from the horrors of non-heteronormal sexuality. :sarcastic:

Testosterone deprived men you say? Why mainstream media kingpin Tucker has just the solution--of kourz this is def not a fetish or kink :roll: :

Tucker Carlson’s answer to masculinity’s supposed crisis? ‘Testicle tanning’
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... le-tanning
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:58 pm

This thread is exactly like US population.
Angry people pointing fingers and finding new ways to insult somebody without getting banned from the forum haha.
Add inability to do simple math or read for that matter (state of US education) and you have a big mass of land with engineered obtuse population that can't comprehend concepts of morality, equality or simple human decency unless it fits their own environment /agenda.

As this countries steady decline continues, other nations at least put pressure on education so new generation of workers, leaders are competitive in the global market.
If things don't change US will end up as a garbage bin of the world. Uneducated and entitled while money lasts. Just chaos after that as it's hard to readjust your lifestyle to a much lower standard.

All of you here should advocate for best education, for high math and reading curriculum yet here we are. Calling names based on political affiliation like it is supposed to mean something lmao.
Last edited by PixelPilot on Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:05 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
This thread is exactly like US population.
Angry people pointing fingers and finding new ways to insult somebody without getting banned from the forum haha.
Add inability to do simple math or read for that matter (state of US education) and you have a big mass of land with engineered obtuse population that can't comprehend concepts of morality, equality or simple human decency unless it fits their own environment /agenda.


I don't think it's 'angry' to point out that character matters above knee-jerk generalization. That's a big part of what's wrong with the society you describe in your post - too much of the latter.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vintage and 27 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos