Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:07 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
This thread is exactly like US population.
Angry people pointing fingers and finding new ways to insult somebody without getting banned from the forum haha.
Add inability to do simple math or read for that matter (state of US education) and you have a big mass of land with engineered obtuse population that can't comprehend concepts of morality, equality or simple human decency unless it fits their own environment /agenda.


I don't think it's 'angry' to point out that character matters above knee-jerk generalization. That's a big part of what's wrong with the society you describe in your post - too much of the latter.


Let me ask you this...
Is it possible that what you call a knee-jerk reaction based on your environment/culture/status can be an actual problem somewhere else?
Or it's just your acquired values that are allowed to dictate the moral/political/environmental aspect of living and only they are the ones that are considered as valid?

Imperialism is deeply rooted in every american whether they believe it or not. Forcing your personal values on other people by dismissing other point of views pretty much sums it all up.
Some people are comfortable where they are at and don't want to be dragged into the super progressive environment by having to jump from a clif otherwise they get shamed/ridiculed. Kinda same like the crusaders were forcing pagan nations to "change faith", muslims doing their own thing or natives being stipped from their culture... It's just so damn funny people don't see that but I bet that is caused by this amazing school curriculum that left them handicapped and uninformed about the small orb we all live on while somehow enforcing their belief that they are special and everybody must listen and obey.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:34 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
This thread is exactly like US population.
Angry people pointing fingers and finding new ways to insult somebody without getting banned from the forum haha.
Add inability to do simple math or read for that matter (state of US education) and you have a big mass of land with engineered obtuse population that can't comprehend concepts of morality, equality or simple human decency unless it fits their own environment /agenda.


I don't think it's 'angry' to point out that character matters above knee-jerk generalization. That's a big part of what's wrong with the society you describe in your post - too much of the latter.


Let me ask you this...
Is it possible that what you call a knee-jerk reaction based on your environment/culture/status can be actual problem somewhere else?
Or it's just your acquired values that are allowed to dictate the moral/political/environmental aspect of living and only they are the ones that are considered as valid?

Imperialism is deeply rooted in every american whether they believe it or not. Forcing your personal values on other people by dismissing other point of views pretty much sums it all up.
Some people are comfortable where they are at and don't want to be dragged into the super progressive environment by having to jump from a clif otherwise they get shamed/ridiculed. Kinda same like the crusaders were forcing pagan nations to "change faith", muslims doing their own thing or natives being stipped from their culture... It's just so damn funny people don't see that but I bet that is caused by this amazing school curriculum that left them handicapped and uninformed about the small orb we all live on while somehow enforcing their belief that they are special and everybody must listen and obey.


Granted, there are an urban/rural, multiculti/traditional, educated/uneducated, regional divides. Nobody rational denies their existence in a country this big.

But I was talking specifically about the characterization of library events with drag queens. 9/10 the people offended by that scenario have a moral worldview informed by religion. This is a secular country by design and I take exception to people foisting those hasty generalizations onto everyone else.

330 million should be large enough to accommodate a range of views and preferences.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:39 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I don't think it's 'angry' to point out that character matters above knee-jerk generalization. That's a big part of what's wrong with the society you describe in your post - too much of the latter.


Let me ask you this...
Is it possible that what you call a knee-jerk reaction based on your environment/culture/status can be actual problem somewhere else?
Or it's just your acquired values that are allowed to dictate the moral/political/environmental aspect of living and only they are the ones that are considered as valid?

Imperialism is deeply rooted in every american whether they believe it or not. Forcing your personal values on other people by dismissing other point of views pretty much sums it all up.
Some people are comfortable where they are at and don't want to be dragged into the super progressive environment by having to jump from a clif otherwise they get shamed/ridiculed. Kinda same like the crusaders were forcing pagan nations to "change faith", muslims doing their own thing or natives being stipped from their culture... It's just so damn funny people don't see that but I bet that is caused by this amazing school curriculum that left them handicapped and uninformed about the small orb we all live on while somehow enforcing their belief that they are special and everybody must listen and obey.


Granted, there are an urban/rural, multiculti/traditional, educated/uneducated, regional divides. Nobody rational denies their existence in a country this big.

But I was talking specifically about the characterization of library events with drag queens. 9/10 the people offended by that scenario have a moral worldview informed by religion. This is a secular country by design and I take exception to people foisting those hasty generalizations onto everyone else.

330 million should be large enough to accommodate a range of views and preferences.


Aren't you trying to foist your belief on theirs and the environment they want to raise their children just cause you think religion have no place in this country? I mean you're dismissing it whether you see it or not.

Live and let live?
"you should tolerate the opinions and behavior of others so that they will similarly tolerate your own."

When you start forcing your views on others that do not share them that's when your values no longer represent the good of all. Just your own interests.
Last edited by PixelPilot on Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4404
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:42 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Let me ask you this...
Is it possible that what you call a knee-jerk reaction based on your environment/culture/status can be actual problem somewhere else?
Or it's just your acquired values that are allowed to dictate the moral/political/environmental aspect of living and only they are the ones that are considered as valid?

Imperialism is deeply rooted in every american whether they believe it or not. Forcing your personal values on other people by dismissing other point of views pretty much sums it all up.
Some people are comfortable where they are at and don't want to be dragged into the super progressive environment by having to jump from a clif otherwise they get shamed/ridiculed. Kinda same like the crusaders were forcing pagan nations to "change faith", muslims doing their own thing or natives being stipped from their culture... It's just so damn funny people don't see that but I bet that is caused by this amazing school curriculum that left them handicapped and uninformed about the small orb we all live on while somehow enforcing their belief that they are special and everybody must listen and obey.


Granted, there are an urban/rural, multiculti/traditional, educated/uneducated, regional divides. Nobody rational denies their existence in a country this big.

But I was talking specifically about the characterization of library events with drag queens. 9/10 the people offended by that scenario have a moral worldview informed by religion. This is a secular country by design and I take exception to people foisting those hasty generalizations onto everyone else.


Aren't you trying to foist your belief on theirs and the environment they want to raise their children just cause you think religion beliefs have no place in this country? I mean you're dismissing it whether you see it or not.

They don't have to send their kids to that library event. Much as there were certain movies or television programs I wasn't allowed to see or places I wasn't allowed to go. What's somewhat comical in this argument is that the same line of political thinking that wants the government to stay out of how parents raise their children, is now suddenly advocating that government intervention is IMPERATIVE to protect their children. It doesn't completely wash.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:45 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Let me ask you this...
Is it possible that what you call a knee-jerk reaction based on your environment/culture/status can be actual problem somewhere else?
Or it's just your acquired values that are allowed to dictate the moral/political/environmental aspect of living and only they are the ones that are considered as valid?

Imperialism is deeply rooted in every american whether they believe it or not. Forcing your personal values on other people by dismissing other point of views pretty much sums it all up.
Some people are comfortable where they are at and don't want to be dragged into the super progressive environment by having to jump from a clif otherwise they get shamed/ridiculed. Kinda same like the crusaders were forcing pagan nations to "change faith", muslims doing their own thing or natives being stipped from their culture... It's just so damn funny people don't see that but I bet that is caused by this amazing school curriculum that left them handicapped and uninformed about the small orb we all live on while somehow enforcing their belief that they are special and everybody must listen and obey.


Granted, there are an urban/rural, multiculti/traditional, educated/uneducated, regional divides. Nobody rational denies their existence in a country this big.

But I was talking specifically about the characterization of library events with drag queens. 9/10 the people offended by that scenario have a moral worldview informed by religion. This is a secular country by design and I take exception to people foisting those hasty generalizations onto everyone else.

330 million should be large enough to accommodate a range of views and preferences.


Aren't you trying to foist your belief on theirs and the environment they want to raise their children just cause you think religion have no place in this country? I mean you're dismissing it whether you see it or not.

Live and let live?
"you should tolerate the opinions and behavior of others so that they will similarly tolerate your own."

When you start forcing your views on others that do not share them that's when your values no longer represent the good of all. Just your own interests.


They are welcome to raise their children under whatever religion they please and even send them to parochial school if able. And nobody’s making them attend a library event. That’s the beauty of America. This all crosses a line when they start accusing well-meaning volunteers in public libraries of being predators and deviants just because they have a hyperemotional reaction to how others choose to express themselves. Fear is not a value.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15342
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:45 pm

Let us remember why we are here.
Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit?

Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalition together to attack the first amendment that they still believe defends their attacks on the US government.

Now they are banning MATH books over racial inclusion with no need to document why.

This is book burning 101 people, and it is not a far step to say that the GOP has more in common with book burning governments than with the US constitution.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:49 pm

luckyone wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Granted, there are an urban/rural, multiculti/traditional, educated/uneducated, regional divides. Nobody rational denies their existence in a country this big.

But I was talking specifically about the characterization of library events with drag queens. 9/10 the people offended by that scenario have a moral worldview informed by religion. This is a secular country by design and I take exception to people foisting those hasty generalizations onto everyone else.


Aren't you trying to foist your belief on theirs and the environment they want to raise their children just cause you think religion beliefs have no place in this country? I mean you're dismissing it whether you see it or not.

They don't have to send their kids to that library event. Much as there were certain movies or television programs I wasn't allowed to see or places I wasn't allowed to go.


Absolutely agree.This right there is a choice. Start adding that to school curriculum and now you're forcing values on others that might not appreciate it.
Like in this case. It's optional so nobody is complaining.
https://nypost.com/2021/05/22/doe-treat ... tory-hour/

But when you start adding race or existential topics to subjects like math then you are forcing everybody to a certain scenario and that's wrong on every possible level because you're actually handicapping the entire generation by politicizing and racializing a subject that is universal by design.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:52 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Granted, there are an urban/rural, multiculti/traditional, educated/uneducated, regional divides. Nobody rational denies their existence in a country this big.

But I was talking specifically about the characterization of library events with drag queens. 9/10 the people offended by that scenario have a moral worldview informed by religion. This is a secular country by design and I take exception to people foisting those hasty generalizations onto everyone else.

330 million should be large enough to accommodate a range of views and preferences.


Aren't you trying to foist your belief on theirs and the environment they want to raise their children just cause you think religion have no place in this country? I mean you're dismissing it whether you see it or not.

Live and let live?
"you should tolerate the opinions and behavior of others so that they will similarly tolerate your own."

When you start forcing your views on others that do not share them that's when your values no longer represent the good of all. Just your own interests.


They are welcome to raise their children under whatever religion they please and even send them to parochial school if able. And nobody’s making them attend a library event. That’s the beauty of America. This all crosses a line when they start accusing well-meaning volunteers in public libraries of being predators and deviants just because they have a hyperemotional reaction to how others choose to express themselves. Fear is not a value.


First was libraries, then DOE approved for ages 3-7... you see my point?
https://nypost.com/2021/05/22/doe-treat ... tory-hour/

And like I said, as long as it is optional then I'm all for it but the tendency to force things onto people in this country is quite astonishing so I wouldn't be surprised if this will become a part of regular and mandatory activity for all at some point and I bet a lot of people will not appreciate it.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:57 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Aren't you trying to foist your belief on theirs and the environment they want to raise their children just cause you think religion have no place in this country? I mean you're dismissing it whether you see it or not.

Live and let live?
"you should tolerate the opinions and behavior of others so that they will similarly tolerate your own."

When you start forcing your views on others that do not share them that's when your values no longer represent the good of all. Just your own interests.


They are welcome to raise their children under whatever religion they please and even send them to parochial school if able. And nobody’s making them attend a library event. That’s the beauty of America. This all crosses a line when they start accusing well-meaning volunteers in public libraries of being predators and deviants just because they have a hyperemotional reaction to how others choose to express themselves. Fear is not a value.


First was libraries, then DOE approved for ages 3-7... you see my point?
https://nypost.com/2021/05/22/doe-treat ... tory-hour/

And like I said, as long as it is optional then I'm all for it but the tendency to force things onto people in this country is quite astonishing so I wouldn't be surprised if this will become a part of regular and mandatory activity for all at some point and I bet a lot of people will not appreciate it at all.


Is it not moral for kids to learn to consider a message before judging a messenger outright? Yeah, ‘Be bold, shine bright, and act with bravery’ really sounds awful for kids to hear.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:59 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

They are welcome to raise their children under whatever religion they please and even send them to parochial school if able. And nobody’s making them attend a library event. That’s the beauty of America. This all crosses a line when they start accusing well-meaning volunteers in public libraries of being predators and deviants just because they have a hyperemotional reaction to how others choose to express themselves. Fear is not a value.


First was libraries, then DOE approved for ages 3-7... you see my point?
https://nypost.com/2021/05/22/doe-treat ... tory-hour/

And like I said, as long as it is optional then I'm all for it but the tendency to force things onto people in this country is quite astonishing so I wouldn't be surprised if this will become a part of regular and mandatory activity for all at some point and I bet a lot of people will not appreciate it at all.


Is it not moral for kids to learn to consider a message before judging a messenger outright? Yeah, ‘Be bold, shine bright, and act with bravery’ really sounds awful for kids to hear.


I leave that choice to each parent. Do you have a moral superiority belief so high that you feel you can decide that for them?
Will you force muslims to eat pork cause it's tasty? Will you tell a drag queen not to dress like that cause it might make some people uncomfortable? I mean respect and understanding goes both ways you do understand this concept right?

Oh wait, no it doesn't cause some people feel superior to other human beings.
Last edited by PixelPilot on Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:12 pm

casinterest wrote:
Let us remember why we are here.
Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit?

Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalition together to attack the first amendment that they still believe defends their attacks on the US government.

Now they are banning MATH books over racial inclusion with no need to document why.

This is book burning 101 people, and it is not a far step to say that the GOP has more in common with book burning governments than with the US constitution.


Theory is just that. A theory that might or might not be true.
If it's not true or proven by definition why would it be implemented into a official school curriculum?
You're free to talk about it as much as you want but you can't force it on people as in the end it might be nothing.

In medical science you have to prove certain things before you are allowed to even start the trials on people. How's that different.
You can't just give kids back their school time to learn things if this turns out to be useless.

Prove it and you're game. But you're free to be racist about Florida and insult everybody you can think of. I'm sure this will convince a lot of those that are on the fence lol.

As for book burning lol. Hyperbole much?
If you don't know what were they banned for how can you assume they were banned for the wrong reasons?
Oh wait I know this answer. Cause of racist snowflakes in Florida and entire GOP.
Last edited by PixelPilot on Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24542
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:18 pm

Redd wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Redd wrote:
People are losing their mind. Introducing pre-schoolers and young children to kinks & fetishes, what's next, record turnout for grade two'ers for BDSM lessons? You and along with everyone who supports this sick crap shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a child.


This says way more about you than it does about a man in a costume reading to kids. Some perspective wouldn't go amiss.


Say's you have some twisted values if you think children should be viewing kinks and fetishes.


Why are you sexualizing a man putting on a costume and reading to children? The right does this, for some reason. Look at the outrage over Teletubbies and Spongebob Squarepants and now Disney. Somehow, they were also teaching kids about fetishes and kinks and gayness. The mental gymnastics to get to that point is absolutely breathtaking.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15342
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:35 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Let us remember why we are here.
Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit?

Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalition together to attack the first amendment that they still believe defends their attacks on the US government.

Now they are banning MATH books over racial inclusion with no need to document why.

This is book burning 101 people, and it is not a far step to say that the GOP has more in common with book burning governments than with the US constitution.


Theory is just that. A theory that might or might not be true.
If it's not true or proven by definition why would it be implemented into a official school curriculum?
You're free to talk about it as much as you want but you can't force it on people as in the end it might be nothing.

In medical science you have to prove certain things before you are allowed to even start the trials on people. How's that different.
You can't just give kids back their school time to learn things if this turns out to be useless.

Prove it and you're game. But you're free to be racist about Florida and insult everybody you can think of. I'm sure this will convince a lot of those that are on the fence lol.

As for book burning lol. Hyperbole much?
If you don't know what were they banned for how can you assume they were banned for the wrong reasons?
Oh wait I know this answer. Cause of racist snowflakes in Florida and entire GOP.


A theory is something that has evidence that is collected. When new information comes along that disproves that theory, it is reexamined or altered. There is no current proof against CRT. There is ample evidence of it. Including all of the Anti-CRT laws. They wouldn't be needed if racists weren't so afraid of having to acknowledge what is already present.


Book burning? Hyperbole? Why ban books that achieved required Subject matter requirements?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24542
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:39 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/critical-r ... t-history/
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... ce-theory/
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/what- ... ck/2021/05

Critical Race Theory is not taught in grade school anywhere. Of course, that does not stop Republicans from cancelling it in grade schools.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:58 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Let us remember why we are here.
Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit?

Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalition together to attack the first amendment that they still believe defends their attacks on the US government.

Now they are banning MATH books over racial inclusion with no need to document why.

This is book burning 101 people, and it is not a far step to say that the GOP has more in common with book burning governments than with the US constitution.


Theory is just that. A theory that might or might not be true.
If it's not true or proven by definition why would it be implemented into a official school curriculum?
You're free to talk about it as much as you want but you can't force it on people as in the end it might be nothing.

In medical science you have to prove certain things before you are allowed to even start the trials on people. How's that different.
You can't just give kids back their school time to learn things if this turns out to be useless.

Prove it and you're game. But you're free to be racist about Florida and insult everybody you can think of. I'm sure this will convince a lot of those that are on the fence lol.

As for book burning lol. Hyperbole much?
If you don't know what were they banned for how can you assume they were banned for the wrong reasons?
Oh wait I know this answer. Cause of racist snowflakes in Florida and entire GOP.


A theory is something that has evidence that is collected. When new information comes along that disproves that theory, it is reexamined or altered. There is no current proof against CRT. There is ample evidence of it. Including all of the Anti-CRT laws. They wouldn't be needed if racists weren't so afraid of having to acknowledge what is already present.


Book burning? Hyperbole? Why ban books that achieved required Subject matter requirements?


Because they contained subjects that go out of scope of math? Isn't that written on every article about it?

*** EDIT my bad.
misread racism with fascism
Last edited by PixelPilot on Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:00 pm

seb146 wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/critical-race-theory-teachers-union-honest-history/
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... ce-theory/
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/what- ... ck/2021/05

Critical Race Theory is not taught in grade school anywhere. Of course, that does not stop Republicans from cancelling it in grade schools.


Yes it is.
Not officially I guess but it's very present. I know cause my younger is into it and they discuss it a lot at school during various classes including assignments.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15342
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:18 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Theory is just that. A theory that might or might not be true.
If it's not true or proven by definition why would it be implemented into a official school curriculum?
You're free to talk about it as much as you want but you can't force it on people as in the end it might be nothing.

In medical science you have to prove certain things before you are allowed to even start the trials on people. How's that different.
You can't just give kids back their school time to learn things if this turns out to be useless.

Prove it and you're game. But you're free to be racist about Florida and insult everybody you can think of. I'm sure this will convince a lot of those that are on the fence lol.

As for book burning lol. Hyperbole much?
If you don't know what were they banned for how can you assume they were banned for the wrong reasons?
Oh wait I know this answer. Cause of racist snowflakes in Florida and entire GOP.


A theory is something that has evidence that is collected. When new information comes along that disproves that theory, it is reexamined or altered. There is no current proof against CRT. There is ample evidence of it. Including all of the Anti-CRT laws. They wouldn't be needed if racists weren't so afraid of having to acknowledge what is already present.


Book burning? Hyperbole? Why ban books that achieved required Subject matter requirements?


Because they contained subjects that go out of scope of math? Isn't that written on every article about it?

*** EDIT my bad.
misread racism with fascism



So I would like to see examples that go out of the scope of math. math is part of everything, and just marking special reasons doesn't do much to answer what about these violated the very racist and fascist rules put in place by the Florida Legislature.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:36 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:

A theory is something that has evidence that is collected. When new information comes along that disproves that theory, it is reexamined or altered. There is no current proof against CRT. There is ample evidence of it. Including all of the Anti-CRT laws. They wouldn't be needed if racists weren't so afraid of having to acknowledge what is already present.


Book burning? Hyperbole? Why ban books that achieved required Subject matter requirements?


Because they contained subjects that go out of scope of math? Isn't that written on every article about it?

*** EDIT my bad.
misread racism with fascism



So I would like to see examples that go out of the scope of math. math is part of everything, and just marking special reasons doesn't do much to answer what about these violated the very racist and fascist rules put in place by the Florida Legislature.


I would love to see them too to be honest.
I mean after all they could have contained very fascists and racist things in them courtesy of interest groups and their effect could have been detrimental to young Floridians.
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 18952
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:51 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
This thread is exactly like US population.
Angry people pointing fingers and finding new ways to insult somebody without getting banned from the forum haha.
Add inability to do simple math or read for that matter (state of US education) and you have a big mass of land with engineered obtuse population that can't comprehend concepts of morality, equality or simple human decency unless it fits their own environment /agenda.

As this countries steady decline continues, other nations at least put pressure on education so new generation of workers, leaders are competitive in the global market.
If things don't change US will end up as a garbage bin of the world. Uneducated and entitled while money lasts. Just chaos after that as it's hard to readjust your lifestyle to a much lower standard.

All of you here should advocate for best education, for high math and reading curriculum yet here we are. Calling names based on political affiliation like it is supposed to mean something lmao.

The FL and national GOP is literally painting every LGBTQ person and supporter as a pedophile now, so let's not talk about "pointing fingers". The GOP has always wanted to engage in culture wars first and foremost, at the expense of education, and that is why the worst states in the country for education are reliable conservative.

https://www.edweek.org/policy-politics/ ... m-rankings
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15342
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:00 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Because they contained subjects that go out of scope of math? Isn't that written on every article about it?

*** EDIT my bad.
misread racism with fascism



So I would like to see examples that go out of the scope of math. math is part of everything, and just marking special reasons doesn't do much to answer what about these violated the very racist and fascist rules put in place by the Florida Legislature.


I would love to see them too to be honest.
I mean after all they could have contained very fascists and racist things in them courtesy of interest groups and their effect could have been detrimental to young Floridians.



The Florida GOP has passed Racist and Anti Humane laws targeting minorities. I wouldn't expect any member of the DOE to have an honorable or honest point of view on anything related to education.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:15 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
This thread is exactly like US population.
Angry people pointing fingers and finding new ways to insult somebody without getting banned from the forum haha.
Add inability to do simple math or read for that matter (state of US education) and you have a big mass of land with engineered obtuse population that can't comprehend concepts of morality, equality or simple human decency unless it fits their own environment /agenda.

As this countries steady decline continues, other nations at least put pressure on education so new generation of workers, leaders are competitive in the global market.
If things don't change US will end up as a garbage bin of the world. Uneducated and entitled while money lasts. Just chaos after that as it's hard to readjust your lifestyle to a much lower standard.

All of you here should advocate for best education, for high math and reading curriculum yet here we are. Calling names based on political affiliation like it is supposed to mean something lmao.

The FL and national GOP is literally painting every LGBTQ person and supporter as a pedophile now, so let's not talk about "pointing fingers". The GOP has always wanted to engage in culture wars first and foremost, at the expense of education, and that is why the worst states in the country for education are reliable conservative.

https://www.edweek.org/policy-politics/ ... m-rankings


You are painting FL and GOP as racist and all other names. Literally 20+ million people no matter how they vote but they live in FL plus who knows how many GOP supporters in the country.
From a person in the middle sitting in FL I'm one of those according to you. GOOD JOB lmao.

People insulting people and each believes that it holds a higher moral ground which is kinda ironic in grand scheme of things.
Angry people are all the same. They just yell different things.

Side note I always though I'm a lefty in the center till I realized that I'm a lefty but so far behind ultra progressives that I look like a conservative which makes it all even funnier.

Also from that list K-12 achievement puts FL on 3rd spot.
Maybe they want it better because they have strong belief it will benefit older kids as well?
Last edited by PixelPilot on Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 18952
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:20 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
This thread is exactly like US population.
Angry people pointing fingers and finding new ways to insult somebody without getting banned from the forum haha.
Add inability to do simple math or read for that matter (state of US education) and you have a big mass of land with engineered obtuse population that can't comprehend concepts of morality, equality or simple human decency unless it fits their own environment /agenda.

As this countries steady decline continues, other nations at least put pressure on education so new generation of workers, leaders are competitive in the global market.
If things don't change US will end up as a garbage bin of the world. Uneducated and entitled while money lasts. Just chaos after that as it's hard to readjust your lifestyle to a much lower standard.

All of you here should advocate for best education, for high math and reading curriculum yet here we are. Calling names based on political affiliation like it is supposed to mean something lmao.

The FL and national GOP is literally painting every LGBTQ person and supporter as a pedophile now, so let's not talk about "pointing fingers". The GOP has always wanted to engage in culture wars first and foremost, at the expense of education, and that is why the worst states in the country for education are reliable conservative.

https://www.edweek.org/policy-politics/ ... m-rankings


You are painting FL and GOP as racist and all other names.

That's because THEY ARE RACIST. They're erasing black and brown history with their CRT hysteria, purging libraries of books that cover those topics, and passing laws that ban teaching of history that "causes discomfort". Conservatives have always been racist--liberals have never supported grooming. That's the difference.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:30 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
The FL and national GOP is literally painting every LGBTQ person and supporter as a pedophile now, so let's not talk about "pointing fingers". The GOP has always wanted to engage in culture wars first and foremost, at the expense of education, and that is why the worst states in the country for education are reliable conservative.

https://www.edweek.org/policy-politics/ ... m-rankings


You are painting FL and GOP as racist and all other names.

That's because THEY ARE RACIST. They're erasing black and brown history with their CRT hysteria, purging libraries of books that cover those topics, and passing laws that ban teaching of history that "causes discomfort". Conservatives have always been racist--liberals have never supported grooming. That's the difference.


Let me ask you this...
Clearly your moral values are further than let's say FL (stupid statement to generalize but let's have it your way) and it's fine but why do you want to force them on people that do not share them?
Like what on earth gave you the right to tell others what to believe and how to act lmao
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 18952
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:41 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

You are painting FL and GOP as racist and all other names.

That's because THEY ARE RACIST. They're erasing black and brown history with their CRT hysteria, purging libraries of books that cover those topics, and passing laws that ban teaching of history that "causes discomfort". Conservatives have always been racist--liberals have never supported grooming. That's the difference.


Let me ask you this...
Clearly your moral values are further than let's say FL (stupid statement to generalize but let's have it your way) and it's fine but why do you want to force them on people that do not share them?
Like what on earth gave you the right to tell others what to believe and how to act lmao

Didn't realize not censoring history and allowing heterosexuals and homosexual and everyone in between to live openly without fear of the government censoring them was...moral values.

I thought y'all hated censorship?
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:12 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
That's because THEY ARE RACIST. They're erasing black and brown history with their CRT hysteria, purging libraries of books that cover those topics, and passing laws that ban teaching of history that "causes discomfort". Conservatives have always been racist--liberals have never supported grooming. That's the difference.


Let me ask you this...
Clearly your moral values are further than let's say FL (stupid statement to generalize but let's have it your way) and it's fine but why do you want to force them on people that do not share them?
Like what on earth gave you the right to tell others what to believe and how to act lmao


Didn't realize not censoring history and allowing heterosexuals and homosexual and everyone in between to live openly without fear of the government censoring them was...moral values.

I thought y'all hated censorship?


I thought y'all are for freedom of expression and choice and if so this is FL choice now what? Now is no longer freedom of choice now it's racism, homofobia, fascism and etc etc etc right?
Hypocritical AF. That's how I see it. Moral values lol. More like it's my way or gtfo.
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 18952
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:57 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Let me ask you this...
Clearly your moral values are further than let's say FL (stupid statement to generalize but let's have it your way) and it's fine but why do you want to force them on people that do not share them?
Like what on earth gave you the right to tell others what to believe and how to act lmao


Didn't realize not censoring history and allowing heterosexuals and homosexual and everyone in between to live openly without fear of the government censoring them was...moral values.

I thought y'all hated censorship?


I thought y'all are for freedom of expression and choice and if so this is FL choice now what? Now is no longer freedom of choice now it's racism, homofobia, fascism and etc etc etc right?
Hypocritical AF. That's how I see it. Moral values lol. More like it's my way or gtfo.

In what world is "freedom of choice" the freedom to discriminate against others? Well, other than the GOP's world...
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:32 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Let me ask you this...
Clearly your moral values are further than let's say FL (stupid statement to generalize but let's have it your way) and it's fine but why do you want to force them on people that do not share them?
Like what on earth gave you the right to tell others what to believe and how to act lmao


Didn't realize not censoring history and allowing heterosexuals and homosexual and everyone in between to live openly without fear of the government censoring them was...moral values.

I thought y'all hated censorship?


I thought y'all are for freedom of expression and choice and if so this is FL choice now what? Now is no longer freedom of choice now it's racism, homofobia, fascism and etc etc etc right?
Hypocritical AF. That's how I see it. Moral values lol. More like it's my way or gtfo.


'Freedom of choice' does not entail pushing reps to enact laws that curtail how others live life based on faith-based imperatives.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

First was libraries, then DOE approved for ages 3-7... you see my point?
https://nypost.com/2021/05/22/doe-treat ... tory-hour/

And like I said, as long as it is optional then I'm all for it but the tendency to force things onto people in this country is quite astonishing so I wouldn't be surprised if this will become a part of regular and mandatory activity for all at some point and I bet a lot of people will not appreciate it at all.


Is it not moral for kids to learn to consider a message before judging a messenger outright? Yeah, ‘Be bold, shine bright, and act with bravery’ really sounds awful for kids to hear.


I leave that choice to each parent. Do you have a moral superiority belief so high that you feel you can decide that for them?
Will you force muslims to eat pork cause it's tasty? Will you tell a drag queen not to dress like that cause it might make some people uncomfortable? I mean respect and understanding goes both ways you do understand this concept right?

Oh wait, no it doesn't cause some people feel superior to other human beings.


I already stated upthread that that choice is left to parents, clearly. Either they can participate in the library event or keep their kids out of it. They can also fork over and enroll their kids in parochial school if that makes them feel more in control.

Respect and understanding *do* go both ways, but as I said, when someone claims ANYONE looking a certain way is a predator and shouldn't be near children, respect has already been lost.
 
SL1200MK2
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:55 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Is it not moral for kids to learn to consider a message before judging a messenger outright? Yeah, ‘Be bold, shine bright, and act with bravery’ really sounds awful for kids to hear.


I leave that choice to each parent. Do you have a moral superiority belief so high that you feel you can decide that for them?
Will you force muslims to eat pork cause it's tasty? Will you tell a drag queen not to dress like that cause it might make some people uncomfortable? I mean respect and understanding goes both ways you do understand this concept right?

Oh wait, no it doesn't cause some people feel superior to other human beings.


I already stated upthread that that choice is left to parents, clearly. Either they can participate in the library event or keep their kids out of it. They can also fork over and enroll their kids in parochial school if that makes them feel more in control.

Respect and understanding *do* go both ways, but as I said, when someone claims ANYONE looking a certain way is a predator and shouldn't be near children, respect has already been lost.


Oh geez! Are they now spouting that down in Florida? That gay folks are predators by default or something?
 
QF7
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:42 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:11 am

Gotta confess… I don’t get the outrage on either side.

Question for the right: are there any actual examples of the transgressing content of the rejected books and a cogent explanation of why it harms students?

Question for the left: are the remaining books still adequate to the purpose of teaching math? If so, what’s the harm the students suffer from using these books instead of the rejected books?
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 6499
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:46 am

QF7 wrote:
Gotta confess… I don’t get the outrage on either side.

Question for the right: are there any actual examples of the transgressing content of the rejected books and a cogent explanation of why it harms students?

Probably the like of https://twitter.com/pacobelt/status/1290883847094140929 in curriculum of other places in America that caused concern over whether schools were indeed teaching what they deem as maths in maths classes, and the suspicion that this sort of content could degrade students performance.
Question for the left: are the remaining books still adequate to the purpose of teaching math? If so, what’s the harm the students suffer from using these books instead of the rejected books?

By rejecting textbooks on the ground of racial indoctrination, it risk introducing its own set of racial bias that cannot be challenged.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:50 am

c933103 wrote:
QF7 wrote:
Gotta confess… I don’t get the outrage on either side.

Question for the right: are there any actual examples of the transgressing content of the rejected books and a cogent explanation of why it harms students?

Probably the like of https://twitter.com/pacobelt/status/1290883847094140929 in curriculum of other places in America that caused concern over whether schools were indeed teaching what they deem as maths in maths classes, and the suspicion that this sort of content could degrade students performance.
Question for the left: are the remaining books still adequate to the purpose of teaching math? If so, what’s the harm the students suffer from using these books instead of the rejected books?

By rejecting textbooks on the ground of racial indoctrination, it risk introducing its own set of racial bias that cannot be challenged.


Obviously the solution is to have textbooks with only white characters for the areas that feel more comfortable with that, and textbooks with multiculti characters in large metro areas and high diversity states.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15342
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:06 am

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/ ... 357965001/

So through it all, only ONE publisher's books were accepted. I am thinking this has to do with kickbacks more than anything else, and the DOE used fake social issues as a reason,

Someone should investigate the Florida DOE.


Historically, when Florida school districts reevaluate which math instructional materials they will use, they have had more than one publisher to choose from.

Now, the only publisher approved by Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Florida Department of Education for K-5 mathematics is Accelerate Learning, a company out of Houston, Texas.

“In the subject area as large as mathematics for grades K through five, it is unusual for there only to be one publisher to choose from," said Billy Epting, assistant superintendent for academic services for Leon County Schools.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:09 am

casinterest wrote:
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2022/04/19/desantis-textbooks-florida-woke-one-publisher-allowed-k-5-math-classes/7357965001/

So through it all, only ONE publisher's books were accepted. I am thinking this has to do with kickbacks more than anything else, and the DOE used fake social issues as a reason,

Someone should investigate the Florida DOE.


Historically, when Florida school districts reevaluate which math instructional materials they will use, they have had more than one publisher to choose from.

Now, the only publisher approved by Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Florida Department of Education for K-5 mathematics is Accelerate Learning, a company out of Houston, Texas.

“In the subject area as large as mathematics for grades K through five, it is unusual for there only to be one publisher to choose from," said Billy Epting, assistant superintendent for academic services for Leon County Schools.


Are FL bureaucrats really that dumb? That’s too blatant, even for government corruption.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15342
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:14 am

Aaron747 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2022/04/19/desantis-textbooks-florida-woke-one-publisher-allowed-k-5-math-classes/7357965001/

So through it all, only ONE publisher's books were accepted. I am thinking this has to do with kickbacks more than anything else, and the DOE used fake social issues as a reason,

Someone should investigate the Florida DOE.


Historically, when Florida school districts reevaluate which math instructional materials they will use, they have had more than one publisher to choose from.

Now, the only publisher approved by Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Florida Department of Education for K-5 mathematics is Accelerate Learning, a company out of Houston, Texas.

“In the subject area as large as mathematics for grades K through five, it is unusual for there only to be one publisher to choose from," said Billy Epting, assistant superintendent for academic services for Leon County Schools.


Are FL bureaucrats really that dumb? That’s too blatant, even for government corruption.


Have you seen the laws they have passed lately? Long on Red Meat, short on practicality and intelligence, and far from constitutional.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 6499
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:28 am

casinterest wrote:
Let us remember why we are here.
Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit?

Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalition together to attack the first amendment that they still believe defends their attacks on the US government.

Now they are banning MATH books over racial inclusion with no need to document why.

This is book burning 101 people, and it is not a far step to say that the GOP has more in common with book burning governments than with the US constitution.

I don't think what Republicans are concerned in their actions in the past two years were not the theory itself, but rather "training sessions" that are offered on the basis of such theory, and "training sessions" is not a ground where discussions are allowed.

Like https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ba ... t-training
These sessions hardly qualify as a discussion of a college level law theory.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15342
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:35 am

c933103 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Let us remember why we are here.
Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit?

Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalition together to attack the first amendment that they still believe defends their attacks on the US government.

Now they are banning MATH books over racial inclusion with no need to document why.

This is book burning 101 people, and it is not a far step to say that the GOP has more in common with book burning governments than with the US constitution.

I don't think what Republicans are concerned in their actions in the past two years were not the theory itself, but rather "training sessions" that are offered on the basis of such theory, and "training sessions" is not a ground where discussions are allowed.

Like https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ba ... t-training
These sessions hardly qualify as a discussion of a college level law theory.


Those are for private company decisions. Why does the Government want to interfere with Private companies and the environment that they foster within them? Seems like Government overreach and censorship to me.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 6499
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:43 am

casinterest wrote:
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2022/04/19/desantis-textbooks-florida-woke-one-publisher-allowed-k-5-math-classes/7357965001/

So through it all, only ONE publisher's books were accepted. I am thinking this has to do with kickbacks more than anything else, and the DOE used fake social issues as a reason,

Someone should investigate the Florida DOE.


Historically, when Florida school districts reevaluate which math instructional materials they will use, they have had more than one publisher to choose from.

Now, the only publisher approved by Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Florida Department of Education for K-5 mathematics is Accelerate Learning, a company out of Houston, Texas.

“In the subject area as large as mathematics for grades K through five, it is unusual for there only to be one publisher to choose from," said Billy Epting, assistant superintendent for academic services for Leon County Schools.

Some textbooks from that company also appeared in the previous page's ban list pdf link too.

casinterest wrote:
c933103 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Let us remember why we are here.
Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit?

Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalition together to attack the first amendment that they still believe defends their attacks on the US government.

Now they are banning MATH books over racial inclusion with no need to document why.

This is book burning 101 people, and it is not a far step to say that the GOP has more in common with book burning governments than with the US constitution.

I don't think what Republicans are concerned in their actions in the past two years were not the theory itself, but rather "training sessions" that are offered on the basis of such theory, and "training sessions" is not a ground where discussions are allowed.

Like https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ba ... t-training
These sessions hardly qualify as a discussion of a college level law theory.


Those are for private company decisions. Why does the Government want to interfere with Private companies and the environment that they foster within them? Seems like Government overreach and censorship to me.

Wasn't the ban limited to federal employees and contractors?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24542
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:20 am

PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/critical-race-theory-teachers-union-honest-history/
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... ce-theory/
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/what- ... ck/2021/05

Critical Race Theory is not taught in grade school anywhere. Of course, that does not stop Republicans from cancelling it in grade schools.


Yes it is.
Not officially I guess but it's very present. I know cause my younger is into it and they discuss it a lot at school during various classes including assignments.


Critical Race Theory is a law theory. It is about the law. Not about 2+2, not about Columbus raping Natives, not about slavery. CRT is about how laws are written.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:23 am

c933103 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Let us remember why we are here.
Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit?

Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalition together to attack the first amendment that they still believe defends their attacks on the US government.

Now they are banning MATH books over racial inclusion with no need to document why.

This is book burning 101 people, and it is not a far step to say that the GOP has more in common with book burning governments than with the US constitution.

I don't think what Republicans are concerned in their actions in the past two years were not the theory itself, but rather "training sessions" that are offered on the basis of such theory, and "training sessions" is not a ground where discussions are allowed.

Like https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ba ... t-training
These sessions hardly qualify as a discussion of a college level law theory.


Such sessions involve matters of company culture and HR priorities - these are not matters of the state’s concern.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 6499
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:06 am

Aaron747 wrote:
c933103 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Let us remember why we are here.
Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit?

Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalition together to attack the first amendment that they still believe defends their attacks on the US government.

Now they are banning MATH books over racial inclusion with no need to document why.

This is book burning 101 people, and it is not a far step to say that the GOP has more in common with book burning governments than with the US constitution.

I don't think what Republicans are concerned in their actions in the past two years were not the theory itself, but rather "training sessions" that are offered on the basis of such theory, and "training sessions" is not a ground where discussions are allowed.

Like https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ba ... t-training
These sessions hardly qualify as a discussion of a college level law theory.


Such sessions involve matters of company culture and HR priorities - these are not matters of the state’s concern.

Those state laws concern classrooms or state agencies, not private business, according to my understanding.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/map-ant ... d=83619715

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/critical-race-theory-teachers-union-honest-history/
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... ce-theory/
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/what- ... ck/2021/05

Critical Race Theory is not taught in grade school anywhere. Of course, that does not stop Republicans from cancelling it in grade schools.


Yes it is.
Not officially I guess but it's very present. I know cause my younger is into it and they discuss it a lot at school during various classes including assignments.


Critical Race Theory is a law theory. It is about the law. Not about 2+2, not about Columbus raping Natives, not about slavery. CRT is about how laws are written.

As mentioned above, the Republican concern appears to be about the Application of such theory as a way to teach people in classroom, not the discussion of or teaching about the theory itself.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:29 am

c933103 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
c933103 wrote:
I don't think what Republicans are concerned in their actions in the past two years were not the theory itself, but rather "training sessions" that are offered on the basis of such theory, and "training sessions" is not a ground where discussions are allowed.

Like https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ba ... t-training
These sessions hardly qualify as a discussion of a college level law theory.


Such sessions involve matters of company culture and HR priorities - these are not matters of the state’s concern.

Those state laws concern classrooms or state agencies, not private business, according to my understanding.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/map-ant ... d=83619715

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Yes it is.
Not officially I guess but it's very present. I know cause my younger is into it and they discuss it a lot at school during various classes including assignments.


Critical Race Theory is a law theory. It is about the law. Not about 2+2, not about Columbus raping Natives, not about slavery. CRT is about how laws are written.

As mentioned above, the Republican concern appears to be about the Application of such theory as a way to teach people in classroom, not the discussion of or teaching about the theory itself.


That’s right, so the type of private training in the Fox article you linked would not be relevant to state entities. The priorities for training of state employees are set by each state’s gubernatorial office.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 6499
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:03 am

Aaron747 wrote:
c933103 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Such sessions involve matters of company culture and HR priorities - these are not matters of the state’s concern.

Those state laws concern classrooms or state agencies, not private business, according to my understanding.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/map-ant ... d=83619715

seb146 wrote:

Critical Race Theory is a law theory. It is about the law. Not about 2+2, not about Columbus raping Natives, not about slavery. CRT is about how laws are written.

As mentioned above, the Republican concern appears to be about the Application of such theory as a way to teach people in classroom, not the discussion of or teaching about the theory itself.


That’s right, so the type of private training in the Fox article you linked would not be relevant to state entities. The priorities for training of state employees are set by each state’s gubernatorial office.

Weren't some of the government employees in the US also receiving this kind of training through contracting of training sessions? And also US public schools
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:41 am

c933103 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
c933103 wrote:
Those state laws concern classrooms or state agencies, not private business, according to my understanding.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/map-ant ... d=83619715


As mentioned above, the Republican concern appears to be about the Application of such theory as a way to teach people in classroom, not the discussion of or teaching about the theory itself.


That’s right, so the type of private training in the Fox article you linked would not be relevant to state entities. The priorities for training of state employees are set by each state’s gubernatorial office.

Weren't some of the government employees in the US also receiving this kind of training through contracting of training sessions? And also US public schools


Yes, and if that training was prioritized pursuant to local/state values and priorities there wouldn’t be anything wrong with it, particularly if tied to legal analysis of EEOC and CRA obligations.

There is quite a lot of research suggesting one of the reasons civil rights laws fail to be properly implemented is because bureaucrats themselves may have subtle blind spots in knowledge and/or life experience that weaken implementation or enforcement. In those cases such training may be helpful in recognizing those blind spots.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 6499
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:41 am

Aaron747 wrote:
c933103 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

That’s right, so the type of private training in the Fox article you linked would not be relevant to state entities. The priorities for training of state employees are set by each state’s gubernatorial office.

Weren't some of the government employees in the US also receiving this kind of training through contracting of training sessions? And also US public schools


Yes, and if that training was prioritized pursuant to local/state values and priorities there wouldn’t be anything wrong with it, particularly if tied to legal analysis of EEOC and CRA obligations.

There is quite a lot of research suggesting one of the reasons civil rights laws fail to be properly implemented is because bureaucrats themselves may have subtle blind spots in knowledge and/or life experience that weaken implementation or enforcement. In those cases such training may be helpful in recognizing those blind spots.

Lack of life knowledge or experience can be covered by a training that emphasize racial hierarchy?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17927
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:03 am

c933103 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
c933103 wrote:
Weren't some of the government employees in the US also receiving this kind of training through contracting of training sessions? And also US public schools


Yes, and if that training was prioritized pursuant to local/state values and priorities there wouldn’t be anything wrong with it, particularly if tied to legal analysis of EEOC and CRA obligations.

There is quite a lot of research suggesting one of the reasons civil rights laws fail to be properly implemented is because bureaucrats themselves may have subtle blind spots in knowledge and/or life experience that weaken implementation or enforcement. In those cases such training may be helpful in recognizing those blind spots.

Lack of life knowledge or experience can be covered by a training that emphasize racial hierarchy?


I have evaluated many such training materials - the emphasis is not actually on hierarchy. It is on developing empathy for the viewpoints of POC in terms of attitudes and policies that have affected them negatively. That requires foundational discussion about perceptions of hierarchy. Some of that is very subtle and even people who think they approach everything fairly learn that is not always the case.
 
bpatus297
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:51 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:16 am

PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
This thread is exactly like US population.
Angry people pointing fingers and finding new ways to insult somebody without getting banned from the forum haha.
Add inability to do simple math or read for that matter (state of US education) and you have a big mass of land with engineered obtuse population that can't comprehend concepts of morality, equality or simple human decency unless it fits their own environment /agenda.

As this countries steady decline continues, other nations at least put pressure on education so new generation of workers, leaders are competitive in the global market.
If things don't change US will end up as a garbage bin of the world. Uneducated and entitled while money lasts. Just chaos after that as it's hard to readjust your lifestyle to a much lower standard.

All of you here should advocate for best education, for high math and reading curriculum yet here we are. Calling names based on political affiliation like it is supposed to mean something lmao.

The FL and national GOP is literally painting every LGBTQ person and supporter as a pedophile now, so let's not talk about "pointing fingers". The GOP has always wanted to engage in culture wars first and foremost, at the expense of education, and that is why the worst states in the country for education are reliable conservative.

https://www.edweek.org/policy-politics/ ... m-rankings


You are painting FL and GOP as racist and all other names. Literally 20+ million people no matter how they vote but they live in FL plus who knows how many GOP supporters in the country.
From a person in the middle sitting in FL I'm one of those according to you. GOOD JOB lmao.

People insulting people and each believes that it holds a higher moral ground which is kinda ironic in grand scheme of things.
Angry people are all the same. They just yell different things.

Side note I always though I'm a lefty in the center till I realized that I'm a lefty but so far behind ultra progressives that I look like a conservative which makes it all even funnier.

Also from that list K-12 achievement puts FL on 3rd spot.
Maybe they want it better because they have strong belief it will benefit older kids as well?


I have made similar statements several times, but no one listens. Its almost pointless on this board to make statements like yours. 90%+ of the country is in the "middle" and are not racists, fascists, commies, etc., but once you say you have views that are similar with one party or the other, you are classified as on of the above.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15342
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:16 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
The FL and national GOP is literally painting every LGBTQ person and supporter as a pedophile now, so let's not talk about "pointing fingers". The GOP has always wanted to engage in culture wars first and foremost, at the expense of education, and that is why the worst states in the country for education are reliable conservative.

https://www.edweek.org/policy-politics/ ... m-rankings


You are painting FL and GOP as racist and all other names. Literally 20+ million people no matter how they vote but they live in FL plus who knows how many GOP supporters in the country.
From a person in the middle sitting in FL I'm one of those according to you. GOOD JOB lmao.

People insulting people and each believes that it holds a higher moral ground which is kinda ironic in grand scheme of things.
Angry people are all the same. They just yell different things.

Side note I always though I'm a lefty in the center till I realized that I'm a lefty but so far behind ultra progressives that I look like a conservative which makes it all even funnier.

Also from that list K-12 achievement puts FL on 3rd spot.
Maybe they want it better because they have strong belief it will benefit older kids as well?


I have made similar statements several times, but no one listens. Its almost pointless on this board to make statements like yours. 90%+ of the country is in the "middle" and are not racists, fascists, commies, etc., but once you say you have views that are similar with one party or the other, you are classified as on of the above.





If you aren't racist, bigoted or facist, stop supporting laws that represent exactly that. ANTI- CRT and Anti LGBTQ laws are Anti American, racist and bigoted laws. Neither of you represent the "Middle". Just the far right agenda against other Americans.
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:03 pm

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/critical-race-theory-teachers-union-honest-history/
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... ce-theory/
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/what- ... ck/2021/05

Critical Race Theory is not taught in grade school anywhere. Of course, that does not stop Republicans from cancelling it in grade schools.


Yes it is.
Not officially I guess but it's very present. I know cause my younger is into it and they discuss it a lot at school during various classes including assignments.


Critical Race Theory is a law theory. It is about the law. Not about 2+2, not about Columbus raping Natives, not about slavery. CRT is about how laws are written.


So what does it have to do with Archimedes, Pitagoras, Euclid, Newton, Gauss so math books potentially have to have some of it in them (if true)???
 
User avatar
PixelPilot
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:07 pm

casinterest wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

You are painting FL and GOP as racist and all other names. Literally 20+ million people no matter how they vote but they live in FL plus who knows how many GOP supporters in the country.
From a person in the middle sitting in FL I'm one of those according to you. GOOD JOB lmao.

People insulting people and each believes that it holds a higher moral ground which is kinda ironic in grand scheme of things.
Angry people are all the same. They just yell different things.

Side note I always though I'm a lefty in the center till I realized that I'm a lefty but so far behind ultra progressives that I look like a conservative which makes it all even funnier.

Also from that list K-12 achievement puts FL on 3rd spot.
Maybe they want it better because they have strong belief it will benefit older kids as well?


I have made similar statements several times, but no one listens. Its almost pointless on this board to make statements like yours. 90%+ of the country is in the "middle" and are not racists, fascists, commies, etc., but once you say you have views that are similar with one party or the other, you are classified as on of the above.





If you aren't racist, bigoted or facist, stop supporting laws that represent exactly that. ANTI- CRT and Anti LGBTQ laws are Anti American, racist and bigoted laws. Neither of you represent the "Middle". Just the far right agenda against other Americans.


You literally proved his point lmao.
Everything you say here is bigoted towards a group of people. It's just a different point of view that you start with.
Your moral compass is not universal nor it has a monopoly. If you want to be who you claim you are you need to understand this nuance.

Definition below:

"...The definition of a bigot is a person who is prejudiced, or intolerant of those who are different. A person who thinks all men are better than all women is an example of a bigot. One who is strongly partial to one's own group (e.g. religion, race, gender, political party, etc.) and is intolerant of those who differ..."

Instead of constructive discussion it creates a destructive and toxic environment.
You think it helps with anything?
Wish people could just talk without insulting. Life would be nice.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aviaphile, Bing [Bot] and 33 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos