Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wingscrubber
Topic Author

Insider thread policies at different employers

Tue May 10, 2022 11:58 am

Anybody have any experience with these? I believe I'm currently experiencing one, I work for Airbus.
Generally consists of gaslighting, shaming, truman-show-esque following, smearing etc to try to convince the employee to leave. Another good allegory is the stapler guy in the film 'office space'.
What is the best way to end such a situation when the employer is too cowardly to come out of the woodwork and confront the issue?

Aaron747

Re: Insider thread policies at different employers

Tue May 10, 2022 12:18 pm

What are you talking about, exactly? Harassment by management or peer colleagues?

Aesma

Tue May 10, 2022 1:09 pm

Do you mean threat ? When you say the employer is too cowardly I'm guessing the superior not the actual employer.

I'd say go higher up the food chain.

TheFlyingDisk

Tue May 10, 2022 2:01 pm

Either go to your higher ups, or find another job.

I had this issue with my previous employer, a Japanese tyre company. Unfortunately the bitch of a boss had influence that even the HR team couldn't take action against her despite several reports from my colleagues. So I packed up and left, but not before enduring 2 damn years of her shit to the point that I started prematurely aging!

Aaron747

Tue May 10, 2022 2:12 pm

wingscrubber wrote:
Anybody have any experience with these? I believe I'm currently experiencing one, I work for Airbus.
Generally consists of gaslighting, shaming, truman-show-esque following, smearing etc to try to convince the employee to leave. Another good allegory is the stapler guy in the film 'office space'.
What is the best way to end such a situation when the employer is too cowardly to come out of the woodwork and confront the issue?

What country are you in?

If any of that smearing is in writing, in front of peers, or especially has no performance evaluation basis, it is probably at odds with protective policies.

Alias1024

Wed May 11, 2022 5:11 am

Agree with others that it’s not very clear what you’re experiencing and from whom. My suggestion would be to leave out the employer name and ask an HR oriented board or blog, being as specific as possible without saying anything that would make it obvious who you are to any coworkers that might visit the site.

Askamanager.org might be a site to consider. Or at least worth a visit if only to read of workplaces more dysfunctional than your own.