Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
santi319
Topic Author
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Wed May 11, 2022 5:18 am

I wonder if this will be featured in the western media, or they are gonna skip it because its Israel…

Al Jazeera Reporter Dead, Another Wounded During IDF Raid in Jenin

Journalist Ali Asmoadi told Haaretz that he and the Al Jazeera reporter were wearing their press vests when military forces shot at them


https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-one-journalist-dead-another-wounded-during-idf-raid-in-jenin-1.10792059
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 8798
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Wed May 11, 2022 10:34 am

 
leader1
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:44 am

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Wed May 11, 2022 11:31 am

santi319 wrote:
I wonder if this will be featured in the western media, or they are gonna skip it because its Israel…


That’s an absolutely trash assertion. Just scanning some of the different news apps, Axios (https://www.axios.com/al-jazeera-journa ... 5fe15.html), CNN (https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/11/middleea ... index.html), Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... ist-jenin/), and NPR (https://www.npr.org/2022/05/11/10981570 ... led-israel) all have stories about this. It may not be the top story, nor should it, considering all the wars, pandemics and the general chaos happening in the world. But there’s no way journalists are going to let this one go, especially since it impacts one of their own and they generally stick together.
 
Airstud
Posts: 5013
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Wed May 11, 2022 3:59 pm

The Ha'Aretz article in the OP's own link says that the IDF was responding to gunfire and explosives-hurling from Palestinian militants.
 
AirbusCheerlead
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Wed May 11, 2022 4:24 pm

This thread is an example why we will unfortunately not get a solution to this tragic conflict any time soon:
Shireen Abu Akleh is killed in a conflict zone and instead of being sad about about yet another reporter killed in a conflict zone, all posts focus on our terrible media...

RIP Shireen Abu Akleh,
Best regards,
Jonas
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 15530
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Wed May 11, 2022 6:21 pm

AirbusCheerlead wrote:
This thread is an example why we will unfortunately not get a solution to this tragic conflict any time soon:
Shireen Abu Akleh is killed in a conflict zone and instead of being sad about about yet another reporter killed in a conflict zone, all posts focus on our terrible media...

RIP Shireen Abu Akleh,
Best regards,
Jonas



Well posted.
It seems that the investigation will be ongoing. The IDF has backed away from their statement of enemy gunfire to allow the investigation to proceed.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... k-84636750

The Palestinian forensics institute said an initial autopsy was inconclusive. Rayan al-Ali, director of the institute, said a deformed bullet was recovered and was being further studied to determine who had fired it.
 
TriJets
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Wed May 11, 2022 10:33 pm

Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed as it is unknown at this point who actually killed the reporter?
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 15622
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Thu May 12, 2022 12:02 am

One side has many more guns than the other, to the point most terrorist attacks from Palestinians are knife attacks, or use molotov cocktails...
 
santi319
Topic Author
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Thu May 12, 2022 9:10 pm

TriJets wrote:
Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed as it is unknown at this point who actually killed the reporter?

Yes sure, everyone should keep saying that to themselves while forgetting the 45 press members Israel has killed before (that we know of).

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/1 ... since-2000
 
Airstud
Posts: 5013
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Fri May 13, 2022 7:52 am

santi319 wrote:
TriJets wrote:
Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed as it is unknown at this point who actually killed the reporter?

Yes sure, everyone should keep saying that to themselves while forgetting the 45 press members Israel has killed before (that we know of).

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/1 ... since-2000


You're linking to al-Jazeera when it's already been shown in this thread that al-Jazeera runs completely unproven allegations as though they were fact?
 
GDB
Posts: 15413
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Fri May 13, 2022 9:35 am

Airstud, these are NOT unproven, quite the opposite, they were not however any well known journalists here;
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/1 ... le-in-gaza

I can find sources about this from plenty of others.
 
santi319
Topic Author
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Fri May 13, 2022 11:42 am

Airstud wrote:
santi319 wrote:
TriJets wrote:
Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed as it is unknown at this point who actually killed the reporter?

Yes sure, everyone should keep saying that to themselves while forgetting the 45 press members Israel has killed before (that we know of).

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/1 ... since-2000


You're linking to al-Jazeera when it's already been shown in this thread that al-Jazeera runs completely unproven allegations as though they were fact?


https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... ts-killed/

Will 19 satisfy you? From a Western media source?
 
JJJ
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:12 pm

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Fri May 13, 2022 5:23 pm

Not happy with shooting the journalist, Israeli riot police beat the crowd so hard they dropped the casket at the funeral.

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/15 ... pwufg&s=19
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 13021
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Fri May 13, 2022 5:29 pm

santi319 wrote:
I wonder if this will be featured in the western media, or they are gonna skip it because its Israel…


I guess your question was more than answerd. Lots of exposure in western media, UN pressure etc.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 18016
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Sat May 14, 2022 5:15 pm

JJJ wrote:
Not happy with shooting the journalist, Israeli riot police beat the crowd so hard they dropped the casket at the funeral.

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/15 ... pwufg&s=19


Utterly nuts
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 5004
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Thu May 26, 2022 4:09 pm

New footage shows that, unsurprisingly, it was the IDF who shot her....

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/24/midd ... index.html

I guess the strategy will now pivot to trying to argue that she was somehow Hamas? :lol:
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 13021
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Fri May 27, 2022 4:50 pm

santi319 wrote:
I wonder if this will be featured in the western media, or they are gonna skip it because its Israel…


This one hasn't aged too well. Lots of exposure.
 
santi319
Topic Author
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Sat May 28, 2022 11:57 am

They were shooting directly at the journalists': New evidence suggests Shireen Abu Akleh was killed in targeted attack by Israeli forces:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/middleea ... index.html


I hope the wave that this has created continues. Its hypocritical to be outraged by what Russia is doing in Ukraine, and justify what Israel is doing in Palestine.
 
GDB
Posts: 15413
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Sat May 28, 2022 12:36 pm

santi319 wrote:
They were shooting directly at the journalists': New evidence suggests Shireen Abu Akleh was killed in targeted attack by Israeli forces:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/middleea ... index.html


I hope the wave that this has created continues. Its hypocritical to be outraged by what Russia is doing in Ukraine, and justify what Israel is doing in Palestine.


You say that, guess who is being less than cooperative with helping Ukraine? Even to the extent that Germany cannot as it wishes to, supply Ukraine with Spike ER anti armour weapons, since it's an Israeli design built in Germany for their forces, it still needs Israeli permission, with they refuse to give.
And remember the USS Liberty.
 
santi319
Topic Author
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Sat May 28, 2022 12:51 pm

GDB wrote:
santi319 wrote:
They were shooting directly at the journalists': New evidence suggests Shireen Abu Akleh was killed in targeted attack by Israeli forces:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/middleea ... index.html


I hope the wave that this has created continues. Its hypocritical to be outraged by what Russia is doing in Ukraine, and justify what Israel is doing in Palestine.


You say that, guess who is being less than cooperative with helping Ukraine? Even to the extent that Germany cannot as it wishes to, supply Ukraine with Spike ER anti armour weapons, since it's an Israeli design built in Germany for their forces, it still needs Israeli permission, with they refuse to give.
And remember the USS Liberty.


And why do you think that is? Israel criticizing Russia invading another country and committing genocide would be as hypocritical as a pigeon criticizing a rat for eating human trash.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 13021
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Sat May 28, 2022 2:48 pm

santi319 wrote:
And why do you think that is? Israel criticizing Russia invading another country and committing genocide would be as hypocritical as a pigeon criticizing a rat for eating human trash.


No, they want the Russian bugger off in Syria when they are bombing Iranian forces. Geopolitical reason.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 13021
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Sat May 28, 2022 2:49 pm

santi319 wrote:
I hope the wave that this has created continues. Its hypocritical to be outraged by what Russia is doing in Ukraine, and justify what Israel is doing in Palestine.


Who is justifying Israel?
 
GDB
Posts: 15413
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Sat May 28, 2022 4:27 pm

santi319 wrote:
GDB wrote:
santi319 wrote:
They were shooting directly at the journalists': New evidence suggests Shireen Abu Akleh was killed in targeted attack by Israeli forces:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/middleea ... index.html


I hope the wave that this has created continues. Its hypocritical to be outraged by what Russia is doing in Ukraine, and justify what Israel is doing in Palestine.


You say that, guess who is being less than cooperative with helping Ukraine? Even to the extent that Germany cannot as it wishes to, supply Ukraine with Spike ER anti armour weapons, since it's an Israeli design built in Germany for their forces, it still needs Israeli permission, with they refuse to give.
And remember the USS Liberty.


And why do you think that is? Israel criticizing Russia invading another country and committing genocide would be as hypocritical as a pigeon criticizing a rat for eating human trash.


My perspective is different, you may find this hard to believe but from the 50's through to the late 70's Israel had a generally good reputation within Western Europe, it was an island of democracy in a sea of despots, progressive socially, again you might find this also hard to fathom but being essentially a social democratic nation then got many in the US worried, you know how hysterical some get and label anything with the world 'social' in it as hardened Communism.

This changed with the rise of Likud, as they became more extreme, appointing the likes of Arial Sharon to government, the 1982 invasion of Lebanon, where the notorious war crimes in refugee camps were carried out by Israeli proxies and probably, with his reputation, Sharon's approval.
In the mid 90's the last Israeli PM to try and make peace, find a solution, was assassinated by an Israeli extremist. I say extremist his views are mainstream now in Likud and all those weirdo extremist parties made up of ultras, the bunch who never serve in the IDF and live off the state making more of the same and 'studying'.
Then the immigration from the former USSR of many extremists too.

I recommended it before, for the 'Israel is always right' mob, a documentary made by veterans of Shin Bet, one of their tier 1 intel services, The Gatekeepers. What they have to say about the direction Israel, the state they worked to protect, has gone and the for their part, stupidity of it, might surprise you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gatekeepers_(film)
 
THS214
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Sat May 28, 2022 6:07 pm

Airstud wrote:
santi319 wrote:
TriJets wrote:
Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed as it is unknown at this point who actually killed the reporter?

Yes sure, everyone should keep saying that to themselves while forgetting the 45 press members Israel has killed before (that we know of).

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/1 ... since-2000


You're linking to al-Jazeera when it's already been shown in this thread that al-Jazeera runs completely unproven allegations as though they were fact?


Al-Jazeera, cnn, bbc and fox are reliable when it comes to news like this. Then the other programs... not so much.
 
Vintage
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:48 pm

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Sat May 28, 2022 6:39 pm

GDB wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gatekeepers_(film)

Here's another video that illuminates this subject:

Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land, U.S. Media & the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
https://vimeo.com/37869029?gclid=CjwKCA ... w8QAvD_BwE

It was difficult to find a working link to this video, it is ironic that a video about U.S. Media & the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict is taken down regularly by the Israeli influence groups. Over the last 15 years, very time I find a working link it is soon taken down. Then there are shill versions, such as the You Tube version, which provides five minutes of a seventy nine minute video without mentioning that the video has been truncated.
 
Vintage
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:48 pm

Re: Israeli military kills reporters.

Sat May 28, 2022 6:42 pm

Airstud wrote:
santi319 wrote:
TriJets wrote:
Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed as it is unknown at this point who actually killed the reporter?

Yes sure, everyone should keep saying that to themselves while forgetting the 45 press members Israel has killed before (that we know of).

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/1 ... since-2000


You're linking to al-Jazeera when it's already been shown in this thread that al-Jazeera runs completely unproven allegations as though they were fact?

As if Fox or dozens of other Right wing "news" outlets don't runs completely unproven allegations as though they were fact.

I also find al-Jazeera a reputable source.
 
santi319
Topic Author
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Sat May 28, 2022 8:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:
santi319 wrote:
I hope the wave that this has created continues. Its hypocritical to be outraged by what Russia is doing in Ukraine, and justify what Israel is doing in Palestine.


Who is justifying Israel?

Seriously?
 
cedarjet
Posts: 9081
Joined: Mon May 24, 1999 1:12 am

Re: Al Jazeera Reporter Killed in Israeli Army Raid in Jenin

Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:07 am

Shocking and yet unsurprising. Shireen Abu Akleh was a towering figure in the Arab media. It’s like killing Peter Jennings. And she had American citizenship. The message from Israel is clear. No Palestinian is safe.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bostrom, JJJ, Phosphorus and 30 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos