Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Arion640
Topic Author

Driving from Portugal to spain (covid requirements)

Sat May 14, 2022 9:41 am

So after trying various different sites and not coming up with a definitive answer, does anybody on a.net know what the covid rules are driving from portugal to spain are currently - or getting a bus or train.

Lots of conflicting information online that i’m not sure is in date.

I am a UK citizen.

davidjohnson6

Re: Driving from Portugal to spain (covid requirements)

Sat May 14, 2022 10:15 am

Are you vaccinated, and do you have the relevant QR codes ?
Have you looked at the Spanish Govt website for this ?
https://spth.gob.es/

ChrisKen

Sat May 14, 2022 11:02 am

Arion640 wrote:
So after trying various different sites and not coming up with a definitive answer, does anybody on a.net know what the covid rules are driving from portugal to spain are currently - or getting a bus or train.

I am a UK citizen.

If fully vax'd (ie boostered within last 280 days) then NHS international covid pass.

Out of date booster or non-vax'd - Spanish health form filled out within 48hrs of arrival. - Proper link in previous post.

Passport valid for 3 months after stay... and the one people are falling foul of, passport is only "valid" for 10 years from date of issue, regardless of the expiry date. ie the UK carried months/extensions not longer valid post-brexit.

Arion640
Topic Author

Sat May 14, 2022 1:57 pm

ChrisKen wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

I am a UK citizen.

If fully vax'd (ie boostered within last 280 days) then NHS international covid pass.

Out of date booster or non-vax'd - Spanish health form filled out within 48hrs of arrival. - Proper link in previous post.

Passport valid for 3 months after stay... and the one people are falling foul of, passport is only "valid" for 10 years from date of issue, regardless of the expiry date. ie the UK carried months/extensions not longer valid post-brexit.

Thanks for responding. I have an out of date vax (not boosted in the winter) so I believe I’m basically considered un vaxed now.

Portugal will take me without a vax and a PCR test so do I just need to fill out the form to get to spain (another PCR then I imagine?).

Arion640
Topic Author

Sat May 14, 2022 2:19 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Are you vaccinated, and do you have the relevant QR codes ?
Have you looked at the Spanish Govt website for this ?
https://spth.gob.es/

“Out of date” vaccine.

I have been trying to make sense of the website but couldn’t quite work out the rules coming from the UK to spain, but via portugal.

ChrisKen

Sat May 14, 2022 3:38 pm

Arion640 wrote:
Thanks for responding. I have an out of date vax (not boosted in the winter) so I believe I’m basically considered un vaxed now.

Portugal will take me without a vax and a PCR test so do I just need to fill out the form to get to spain (another PCR then I imagine?).

Yes, out of date is the same as not-vax'd essentially. As far as I understand, that is correct just fill out the Spanish health form within 48hrs of arrival and show it's QR on the border. This was certainly the case for those ood/non-vax'd last week when I travelled to Spain.

UK foreign office advice might help you further. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

Arion640
Topic Author

Sat May 14, 2022 9:14 pm

ChrisKen wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

Yes, out of date is the same as not-vax'd essentially. As far as I understand, that is correct just fill out the Spanish health form within 48hrs of arrival and show it's QR on the border. This was certainly the case for those ood/non-vax'd last week when I travelled to Spain.

UK foreign office advice might help you further. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

Thanks. Where did you travel from and too and are you a UK passport holder? Did you have to put any vaccination information into the form??

ChrisKen

Sun May 15, 2022 9:33 am

I didn't fill out any forms. Full vax.

You can of course, just contact the Spanish Authorities and ask too.

santi319

Wed May 18, 2022 3:41 am

I find United’s covid requirements’ website to be the most useful and clear of them all:

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/tr ... s-map.html

Whoever did this at UA good for you and that person deserves a raise!

offloaded

Mon May 23, 2022 12:51 pm

There are no restrictions when driving across the border, nor forms to fill in. Apart from random checks, there are no formal boarder controls (Schegnen area).

Assuming you're crossing in the Algarve, the Guadiana bridge repair works are finished, so no roadworks either.

(Source: I live here.)

Arion640
Topic Author

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:55 am

Thanks all.