Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DIRECTFLT

Re: Mass shootings in Texas and NC

Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:49 am

The Texas Tribune has reviewed law enforcement transcripts and footage that federal and state investigators are examining after the May 24 tragedy.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06/20 ... e-records/

The officers in the hallway of Robb Elementary wanted to get inside classrooms 111 and 112 — immediately. One officer’s daughter was inside. Another officer had gotten a call from his wife, a teacher, who told him she was bleeding to death.

Two closed doors and a wall stood between them and an 18-year-old with an AR-15 who had opened fire on children and teachers inside the connected classrooms. A Halligan bar — an ax-like forcible-entry tool used by firefighters to get through locked doors — was available. Ballistic shields were arriving on the scene. So was plenty of firepower, including at least two rifles. Some officers were itching to move.

One such officer, a special agent at the Texas Department of Public Safety, had arrived around 20 minutes after the shooting started. He immediately asked: Are there still kids in the classrooms?

DIRECTFLT

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:36 am

MSNBC

Troubling new reporting offers a different account of the Uvalde Police’s response to the school shooting that left 21 people dead. The Texas Tribune’s Editor in Chief Sewell Chan shares that officers may have had more tools on hand than first thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os2WMpkbZF8

DIRECTFLT

Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:54 pm

This sickening Uvalde Timeline will have more details added as the Investigations continue:

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/27 ... -timeline/

seb146

Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:46 pm

johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
[
I have been beaten
Maybe you should apply for a CPL?

Or, and I know this is crazy, some people should mind their business and learn that equality for all means just that.

johns624

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:46 pm

seb146 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
[
I have been beaten

Or, and I know this is crazy, some people should mind their business and learn that equality for all means just that.
Then you can continue being a victim. It makes no difference to me. There's what you wish would happen and then there's reality--you choose which world you want to live in. I'm 5'7" and 155# and spent most of my life in Detroit and was never a victim. Do you have a proverbial "kick me" sign on your back?

seb146

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:09 am

johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Then you can continue being a victim. It makes no difference to me. There's what you wish would happen and then there's reality--you choose which world you want to live in. I'm 5'7" and 155# and spent most of my life in Detroit and was never a victim. Do you have a proverbial "kick me" sign on your back?

I'm 6' 225#. What's your point? I was a second class citizen in Republican country but an equal in "liberal" country. I know that does not fit the Republican narrative, but that's how things are. "Liberals" don't care until one starts forcing their beliefs on others. Like "we all must carry guns" or "we all must stop LGBTQ people" or "we all must stop minorities from voting" or "we must stop women from deciding what to do with their bodies" and so forth.

johns624

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:19 pm

seb146 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I'm 6' 225#. What's your point? I was a second class citizen in Republican country but an equal in "liberal" country. I know that does not fit the Republican narrative, but that's how things are. "Liberals" don't care until one starts forcing their beliefs on others. Like "we all must carry guns" or "we all must stop LGBTQ people" or "we all must stop minorities from voting" or "we must stop women from deciding what to do with their bodies" and so forth.
I'm not a Republican. I vote for moderates, not for parties.