Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

lhristebest
Topic Author

Previous Travel History

Sat May 21, 2022 6:06 pm

Hello guys, hope all you guys are doing well. I am just wondering if it is possible to find out date that I have travelled to different countries from the previous 20 years ago. Can you get in contact with your local immigration agents and find out dates or get in touch with an airline you have flown and find out the dates you have travelled with them. Thankyou guys for any information or help.

johns624

Re: Previous Travel History

Sat May 21, 2022 6:15 pm

Do you still have your passports from that time? You can look at the date stamps when you entered different countries.

lhristebest
Topic Author

Sat May 21, 2022 6:22 pm

johns624 wrote:
Do you still have your passports from that time? You can look at the date stamps when you entered different countries.

Hello I mainly went to the US and I know dates entering however not leaving as they do not stamp passport when leaving.

johns624

Sat May 21, 2022 6:35 pm

lhristebest wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Hello I mainly went to the US and I know dates entering however not leaving as they do not stamp passport when leaving.
But your passport should show when you entered the next country after the US.

lhristebest
Topic Author

Sat May 21, 2022 6:38 pm

johns624 wrote:
lhristebest wrote:
johns624 wrote:

I live in the UK and they do not stamp your passport Entering

alfa164

Sat May 21, 2022 11:23 pm

lhristebest wrote:
johns624 wrote:
lhristebest wrote:

You don't need to have a stamp showing when you entered the UK; just look at the stamp showing when you exited a foreign country. Unless you find another stamp showing you entered a different foreign country at that time then, obviously, you came home...

Aaron747

Sat May 21, 2022 11:55 pm

alfa164 wrote:
lhristebest wrote:
johns624 wrote:

You don't need to have a stamp showing when you entered the UK; just look at the stamp showing when you exited a foreign country. Unless you find another stamp showing you entered a different foreign country at that time then, obviously, you came home...

I think that about does it for the thread right here :D

davidjohnson6

Sun May 22, 2022 8:20 am

In theory, data protection laws will allow you to contact an airline or immigration branch of Govt, and give you the right to ask for data they hold about you.

However, if we are talking about 20 years ago, this data will likely have been archived off to some remote storage facility, or may even by now have been deleted. If it is held in an offsite archive, there will be significant costs in getting access to this data. It can be done, but you will likely have to pay the costs of accessing this data - it is unlikely to be cheap

jetwet1

Sun May 22, 2022 9:35 pm

Which airlines did you fly and do you have FF accounts with them ?

bennett123

Mon May 23, 2022 6:18 am

How were the flights booked?.

afcjets

Mon May 23, 2022 7:22 am

davidjohnson6 wrote:
In theory, data protection laws will allow you to contact an airline or immigration branch of Govt, and give you the right to ask for data they hold about you.

Hahaha try telling Google that.

casinterest

Mon May 23, 2022 12:50 pm

Do you not still have emails with travel dates ? In the last 20 years I have all my confirmation emails still.

lugie

Sun May 29, 2022 6:33 pm

If you entered the US (that's the case where I know it works) on an actual visa as opposed to an ESTA visa waiver you can indeed access your travel history.

It's available online through US Customs and Border Protection (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/) by entering your passport number, and it comes in the shape of form I-94 which records which dates you entered and left the country and through which port of entry.

When I studied in North Carolina on an F-class student visa the university went into a lot of detail describing this, among other information regarding visa compliance, and made us print out and hand in updated I-94s whenever we left the country (return home for break, vacation in Canada/Mexico, ...).