Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 11
 
User avatar
alberchico
Posts: 3693
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:52 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 1:44 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/Readers4Pete ... 8347582467

For those posters who don't reside in the U.S., this thread gives you an idea of what actually happens during an active shooter drill. Even kindergarden classes now conduct these drills. When I went to elementary school and later high school during the 1990's and early 2000s, we never had these kinds of drills. Fire drills yes, but nothing like this.
Last edited by alberchico on Thu May 26, 2022 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1640
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 1:46 am

LabQuest wrote:
I wonder what Alex Jones will say about this one. I suspect he'll be awfully silent.


I wish the judge would throw the book at his organization as well as the NRA, both are corrupt, and don't deserve to be protected by our bankruptcy laws.
 
Kent350787
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 1:52 am

alberchico wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Readers4Pete/status/1177627248347582467

For those posters who don't reside in the U.S., this thread gives you an idea of what actually happens during an active shooter drill. Even kindergarden classes now conduct these drills. When I went to elementary school and later high school during the 1990's and early 2000s, we never had these kinds of drills. Fire drills yes, but nothing like this.


Thanks for posting. Scary, scary but unfortunately necessary stuff.

Australia has rarely taken lessons from the US, but the Dunblane massacre in Scotland and subsequent Royal Commission findings were listened to. Even though we've never had a mass school shooting, we did implement some drills, at least in my home state.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1640
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 2:15 am

it's really not that difficult, for those who are mentally twisting themselves up.

Trump is banning guns during his speech at the upcoming NRA conference. NRA is filing for bankruptcy due to its corrupt leaders, nepotism, fraud. They spent 70 million buying votes to get Trump elected. Cruz and Abbott who accepted donations from the NRA will be there with bells on.
 
Kent350787
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 2:28 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
it's really not that difficult, for those who are mentally twisting themselves up.

Trump is banning guns during his speech at the upcoming NRA conference. NRA is filing for bankruptcy due to its corrupt leaders, nepotism, fraud. They spent 70 million buying votes to get Trump elected. Cruz and Abbott who accepted donations from the NRA will be there with bells on.


I just don't get why they've banned the guns. Surely if a bad guy with a gun did attend there would be so many good guys with guns who could readily identify and take down the bad guy that it wouldn't matter?
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18987
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 2:55 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
LabQuest wrote:
I wonder what Alex Jones will say about this one. I suspect he'll be awfully silent.


I wish the judge would throw the book at his organization as well as the NRA, both are corrupt, and don't deserve to be protected by our bankruptcy laws.

He's already insinuated it's fake...and probably shrinking his peepee and please buy whatever supplement he's hawking.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 3:20 am

Frustrated onlookers urged police officers to charge into the Texas elementary school where a gunman’s rampage killed 19 children and two teachers, witnesses said Wednesday, as investigators worked to track the massacre that lasted upwards of 40 minutes and ended when the 18-year-old shooter was killed by a Border Patrol team.

“Go in there! Go in there!” nearby women shouted at the officers soon after the attack began, said Juan Carranza, 24, who saw the scene from outside his house, across the street from Robb Elementary School in the close-knit town of Uvalde. Carranza said the officers did not go in.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1529640867849551872

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas ... 83df6e4683
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24785
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 am

meh... Texas has few gun laws. You know: Constitution and all. We all just need to forget that the Second Amendment was a compromise to keep slavery legal in the South

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/02/10021076 ... -amendment
http://www.milwaukeeindependent.com/syn ... d-militia/

But who cares because life and all? Or something? Right, "we defend children!!! " Republicans? This must be discussed. How often have we heard Republicans call "liberals" pedophiles and groomers and remain silent when children are gunned down and even go so far as to defend the shooter because "SECOND AMENDMENT!!!" and "I NEED MY GUNS!!!"? How many children's deaths OUTSIDE THE WOMB are too many for Republicans? How many?
 
User avatar
william
Posts: 4031
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 4:59 am

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/uvald ... index.html

Uvalde school shooter was in school for up to an hour before law enforcement broke into room where he was barricaded and killed him
 
Vintage
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:48 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 am

william wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-wednesday/index.html

Uvalde school shooter was in school for up to an hour before law enforcement broke into room where he was barricaded and killed him

Apparently we have a Scot Peterson redux, only this time it's more than one of them.

Peterson is charged with seven counts of child neglect, three counts of culpable negligence and one count of perjury.
https://www.local10.com/news/local/2022 ... for-trial/
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 6:40 am

TriJets wrote:
With over 300 million firearms (and counting) in circulation in the US, there's not much that can be done to make it harder for criminals to acquire one.


Everything you post is just a literal shrug of the shoulders and a "Well, what can you do?"
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 6:43 am

bigb wrote:
I wouldn’t say most. There are lot of Americas that that know the truth of the matter when it comes to higher number of gun violence in comparison to other places in the world.


Fair point - me saying "most Americans" was somewhat of an emotional response.

The problem seems to be that those Americans that do want to see stronger gun control laws need to find their voice and not be drowned out by the NRA and despicable voices like Ted Cruz.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 6:53 am

stratosphere wrote:
Well one thing is for sure we won't be dealing with this idiot again. That's the great thing about capital punishment there is no chance of getting out on parole.


Your thoughts and reflections on those 19 dead kids was very moving.

Capital punishment is great until the state murders an innocent person. Innocent, you know, just like those 19 kids. But hey, you probably care about an innocent person executed by the state as much as you care about those kids.
 
Kent350787
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 6:58 am

A certain news outlet on fire today https://www.theonion.com/

And from an Australian equivalent https://www.betootaadvocate.com/world-n ... ol-regime/
 
JJJ
Posts: 4321
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:12 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 7:40 am

william wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-wednesday/index.html

Uvalde school shooter was in school for up to an hour before law enforcement broke into room where he was barricaded and killed him


Law enforcement which eats 40% of the budget and has a swat team on a town of barely 13.000

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/15 ... UWORQ&s=19

So many good guys with guns yet this keeps happening.
 
hh65man
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 7:49 am

“If more guns in our community made us a safer community, the United States would have been the safest community in the world a long time ago,”. Ron Nirenberg, Mayor of San Antonio

It’s really simple mathematics isn’t it?
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 15765
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 9:05 am

Aside from guns, what about body armor ?

In 2015 during the attack on the Bataclan, the first responders were two random cops who managed to kill one of the three terrorists despite only carrying handguns while the terrorists had Zastava M70 assault rifles. I don't think the gunmen wore body armor, though (they did wear suicide vests).
 
GDB
Posts: 15674
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 9:36 am

A very American problem with some also responses unique to the land of the free to be massacred in your school, (I know, 'lawmakers' shilling for the proven crooks of the NRA is a factor, along with racial paranoia embedded from, as one notorious, wildly popular film that had a lasting influence was called, 'The Birth Of A Nation').
Polls have long shown various degrees of support in the US for gun control but keep telling yourself about how great a democracy you are. The best money can literally buy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ts-parents

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... cial-media

And only in America could a creature like Alex Jones become rich by saying the last big one with young children in a school was a fake and the parents actors, meaning many faced death threats and have to move multiple times as a result.
Those on here negating and defending what allows these mass murders to go on and on, are not much better than Jones.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 10:33 am

Just the fact that elected representatives like Cruz and Abbot are going to attend a conference on gun rights days after a massacre that murdered 19 children in a school is beyond reprehensible that its simply stomach churning. And if thats not enough, their "solution" to the slaughter of innocent people week after week is suggest that teachers be armed, ex police officers and military personal be armed and placed in schools, equip schools with "mantraps".

There are no words that can even begin to describe such lunacy.

The US population represents 4.2% of the World's population yet that same population represents 40% of the World's firearms and represents the majority of these slaughters and yet there are people that are still arguing that guns aren't the problem and gun control won't/can't help when every other bloody country in the world that enacted gun control measures saw a significant reductions in these crimes.

:banghead:
 
art
Posts: 4965
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:46 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 10:36 am

Devotion to guns seems to provoke mental incapacity

...last night, Fox News, tried to shift blame on to the parents. Host Laura Ingraham strategically brought Andrew Pollack, the father of a Parkland victim who has previously argued that “guns didn’t kill my daughter, Democratic principles did,” on to her show.

“It’s the parents,” Pollack told Ingraham. “It’s your responsibility where you’re sending your children to school … You need to check where your kids go to school. You need to go back to school and see. Is there a single point of entry? Do you have guards at the school?”

He went on to suggest that it’s better for parents to take their kids out “of public school and put them in a private school because a lot of these private schools, they take security way more serious … Parents it’s your responsibility where you take your children.”


https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ts-parents
 
VolvoBus
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 10:39 am

Passing thought -

what would be the response if one of the victims of the next school shooting was a child of Ted Cruz or Alex Jones ?
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 10:40 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
It is only since the 90's that this terrible trend of mass shootings have began. In the 60's, 70's, 80's this was not heard of


Camden, New Jersey 1949 - 13 dead
University of Texas 1966 - 16 dead
Hamilton, Ohio 1975 - 11 dead
Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania 1982 - 13 dead
Seattle, Washington 1983 - 13 dead
Brooklyn, New York 1984 - 10 dead
San Diego, California 1984 - 21 dead
Edmond, Oklahoma 1986 - 14 dead
 
GDB
Posts: 15674
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 10:49 am

Nothing can be done? Nah, Australia proved it could after the Port Arthur massacre.
We have only had one school gun mass murder, three gun rampages since 1987 in total. The first banned military style semi auto rifles, not many had them, those that did had to be subjected to extensive checks on their suitability and secure storage of such weapons. This did not stop the perp, Micheal Ryan from taking said guns (semi auto AK, M1 Carbine, semi auto pistol), from said storage and go killing, starting with his mother. He only used the pistol on himself when surrounded by armed police in an empty school (holiday period).
The type of pistol was not banned, nine years later that would be regretted.

The school one, in Dunblane, Scotland in 1996 led to action that rational nations tend to do, in this case extending the ban to pistols like this perp had, a Browning HP in his case.
This is the father of one of the children killed that day;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... l-massacre

No one here EVER accused the parents of being 'crisis actors', no one threatened the mourning parents.
Last edited by GDB on Thu May 26, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 10:55 am

GDB wrote:
Nothing can be done? Nah, Australia proved it could after the Port Arthur massacre.
We have only had one school gun mass murder, three gun rampages since 1987 in total.
The school one, in Dunblane, Scotland in 1996 led to action that rational nations tend to do, this is the father of one of the children killed that day;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... l-massacre

Every Country has proved that it works and yet the only Country where it keeps happening over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, keeps arguing that it doesn't work and the only solution is to hire Rambo to teach 3rd Grade and guard the doors at the Piggly Wiggly and turn elementary schools into maximum security facilities.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:09 am

TriJets wrote:
With over 300 million firearms (and counting) in circulation in the US, there's not much that can be done to make it harder for criminals to acquire one.

Absolute horsecrap. The fewer guns the less guns that reach the hands of criminals - this is proven every where else in the world.

Here's a start:

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/23/11006833 ... ns-buyback

Now bring it to the National level and watch that 393 million go down to 200 million then to 100 million and when thats done, start outlawing assault rifles and if any one tells the gun collector as you so eloquently put it, to "pound sand", drag them by their feet to each family that had to bury a massacred child or loved one from the delusional belief that its your "right" to own such a weapon and make them apologize and beg for forgiveness that it was their arrogance that keeps these slaughters happening over and over again.

The fact that there are more "legally" obtained guns in a country then there are citizens, never mind of legal age, is so absurd that no sane person can even present a legitimate argument to justify such insanity.
Last edited by ACDC8 on Thu May 26, 2022 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
TriJets
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:10 am

M564038 wrote:
I do believe I did spell it out quite clearly, but I don’t mind repeating.

Most crime aren’t driven by bloodlust.
If crime for money and valuables aren’t met by guns, the criminal won’t bring a gun.

You make it uneccesary and illegal to own a gun, they will be turned in. You routinely do weapon amnesties, and you get them off the streets. Make the reward (no criminal prosecution) stronger than the potential gain (I won’t be met by a gun if I do a crime, why make it worse?)

Again.


This has been done. It was done twice in my country after world war II. First to get the weapons given to arm the resistance-movement, a well regulated militia, off the streets. Plus all the german surplus stuff. Pluss all the stuff people had laying about from being hunters before it was regulated.
Then we needed to clean up the army reserves back in the 80’s and 90’s. They made up large parts of the male grown up population, and they all had ammunition and automatic weapons laying around fully legally.
Quite frankly, those weapons were a little to common in causing domestic murders. Drunk husbands killing their wives wanting to divorce them in drunken stupors.
All of them nice guys, mind you!

Gun violence dropped like a stone because of both those strategies.

We aren’t the only country experienced in less guns=less killing.

This has been repeated in country after country.

Vintage wrote:
M564038 wrote:
You place way too much confidence in jail-time as a deterrence. As I said, there are others that has already solved these issues. Why don’t you start listening instead of more of the same old mediaevel solutions we KNOW aren’t the best ones.


Why don't you start listening?

And BTW how do you plan to encourage those leaning towards crime to surrender their guns and discourage them from obtaining new ones?

Let's hear the plan.


You seem to have quite a lot of faith in criminals.

In reality, they'd have no reason to give up their weapons because the firearms would give them an incredible advantage over their victims.

I spoke before of a case nearby in which a burglar broke into a home and robbed a family. The victims gave the burglar everything he wanted and did not fight back. The burglar still shot and killed them both execution style on his way out. Never assume that criminals have good intentions.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:15 am

TriJets wrote:
I spoke before of a case nearby in which a burglar broke into a home and robbed a family. The victims gave the burglar everything he wanted and did not fight back. The burglar still shot and killed them both execution style on his way out. Never assume that criminals have good intentions.

There's this story going around right now where some guy who had legally obtained weapons cause it was his "right", went into a school and murdered 19 children execution style. Never assume that folks with legally purchased weapons have good intentions.
 
TriJets
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:15 am

scbriml wrote:
TriJets wrote:
With over 300 million firearms (and counting) in circulation in the US, there's not much that can be done to make it harder for criminals to acquire one.


Everything you post is just a literal shrug of the shoulders and a "Well, what can you do?"


Because I'm a realist. With the 2A, the guns are not going to go anywhere. There is zero chance of the 2A going anywhere. So, any talk about "getting rid of guns" is about as useful as talk about getting rid of hurricanes.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:17 am

TriJets wrote:
Because I'm a realist. With the 2A, the guns are not going to go anywhere. There is zero chance of the 2A going anywhere. So, any talk about "getting rid of guns" is about as useful as talk about getting rid of hurricanes.

You're a realist? Sorry, but the actual realists know that there is a very serious problem in the Country and the actual realists are begging for and demanding change.

If you honestly believe that "2A" isn't going away, then your children will continue to die because you place more value on "2A" than a child's life.
Last edited by ACDC8 on Thu May 26, 2022 11:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4535
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:18 am

ACDC8 wrote:
Just the fact that elected representatives like Cruz and Abbot are going to attend a conference on gun rights days after a massacre that murdered 19 children in a school is beyond reprehensible that its simply stomach churning.

It would only be more appropriate if the conference were in Cancun...
 
TriJets
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:21 am

ACDC8 wrote:
TriJets wrote:
With over 300 million firearms (and counting) in circulation in the US, there's not much that can be done to make it harder for criminals to acquire one.

Absolute horsecrap. The fewer guns the less guns that reach the hands of criminals - this is proven every where else in the world.

Here's a start:

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/23/11006833 ... ns-buyback

Now bring it to the National level and watch that 393 million go down to 200 million then to 100 million and when thats done, start outlawing assault rifles and if any one tells the gun collector as you so eloquently put it, to "pound sand", drag them by their feet to each family that had to bury a massacred child or loved one from the delusional belief that its your "right" to own such a weapon and make them apologize and beg for forgiveness that it was their arrogance that keeps these slaughters happening over and over again.

The fact that there are more "legally" obtained guns in a country then there are citizens, never mind of legal age, is so absurd that no sane person can even present a legitimate argument to justify such insanity.


If you go and look at the types of guns these "buybacks" get they are usually ancient firearms that are no longer useful, along with some bolt-action hunting rifles and shotguns. The national trend is for increasing gun ownership, not decreasing. There's no reason to believe that a bunch of buybacks would do anything except get broken guns or guns that were used in crimes off of the streets.

As I said earlier, the 2A prevents guns from being outlawed and the 2A is not going anywhere. It simply isn't possible without the support of 39 states and likely 80%+ of the population, and that is nowhere close to happening. Gun ownership has risen in recent years because more people have realized that they can't rely on the government to protect them in a timely manner.
 
TriJets
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:22 am

ACDC8 wrote:
TriJets wrote:
Because I'm a realist. With the 2A, the guns are not going to go anywhere. There is zero chance of the 2A going anywhere. So, any talk about "getting rid of guns" is about as useful as talk about getting rid of hurricanes.

You're a realist? Sorry, but the actual realists know that there is a very serious problem in the Country and the actual realists are begging for and demanding change.

If you honestly believe that "2A" isn't going away, then your children will continue to die because you place more value on "2A" than a child's life.


The 2A isn't going away. Not even the Democrats are calling for that. It simply isn't going to happen. Wishing for it is akin to going to the beach and trying to blow away a hurricane with your lungs.
 
TriJets
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:23 am

ACDC8 wrote:
TriJets wrote:
I spoke before of a case nearby in which a burglar broke into a home and robbed a family. The victims gave the burglar everything he wanted and did not fight back. The burglar still shot and killed them both execution style on his way out. Never assume that criminals have good intentions.

There's this story going around right now where some guy who had legally obtained weapons cause it was his "right", went into a school and murdered 19 children execution style. Never assume that folks with legally purchased weapons have good intentions.


I try not to make any assumptions about anybody.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:25 am

TriJets wrote:
If you go and look at the types of guns these "buybacks" get they are usually ancient firearms that are no longer useful, along with some bolt-action hunting rifles and shotguns. The national trend is for increasing gun ownership, not decreasing. There's no reason to believe that a bunch of buybacks would do anything except get broken guns or guns that were used in crimes off of the streets.

Again, its a start - and its more effective then people constantly shrugging their shoulders and making up excuses.

TriJets wrote:
As I said earlier, the 2A prevents guns from being outlawed and the 2A is not going anywhere. It simply isn't possible without the support of 39 states and likely 80%+ of the population, and that is nowhere close to happening. Gun ownership has risen in recent years because more people have realized that they can't rely on the government to protect them in a timely manner.

Laws change and laws get amended and I pray to God that this is finally the catalyst that gets done what was needed to be done decades ago.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:28 am

TriJets wrote:


The 2A isn't going away. Not even the Democrats are calling for that. It simply isn't going to happen. Wishing for it is akin to going to the beach and trying to blow away a hurricane with your lungs.

And your children will continue to needlessly be murdered in schools, in grocery stores, in movie theatres while your spineless politicians keep "debating" and the rest of the world asks you what the serious 'eff is wrong with you?
 
bpatus297
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:51 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:36 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
it's really not that difficult, for those who are mentally twisting themselves up.

Trump is banning guns during his speech at the upcoming NRA conference. NRA is filing for bankruptcy due to its corrupt leaders, nepotism, fraud. They spent 70 million buying votes to get Trump elected. Cruz and Abbott who accepted donations from the NRA will be there with bells on.


That is a fallacy, the Secret Service restricts weapons anywhere a VIP under their protection speaks. Its not the law abiding citizen they are concerned with, but a nefarious actor could use the event as cover to carry out an attack. This is really simple stuff, stop trying to use that as a point, its a very bad look outside of an echo chamber.
 
bigb
Posts: 1779
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:43 am

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

This exactly what is going on here in Mercia! We need our guns because of criminals! Yet, it’s those who have obtained guns legally that have gone into these schools…..

Yet, here we are doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results….
 
bpatus297
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:51 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:48 am

bigb wrote:
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

This exactly what is going on here in Mercia! We need our guns because of criminals! Yet, it’s those who have obtained guns legally that have gone into these schools…..

Yet, here we are doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results….


Is taking away guns the only solution to the problem? Do you agree that this problem is complex and we should be discussing more than just taking guns, like the abysmal mental heath care in this country?
 
GDB
Posts: 15674
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 11:58 am

The brother of a small child shot to death at Dunblane, as you would expect he has links with parents of US victims and campaigners, he also nails the real reason that nothing is done. Not the constitution fig leaf and all that BS, it's the real one true god;
$, lots of them, from mass murder and racial terror attack enablers, the NRA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDsCEki2YRA
 
M564038
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 12:30 pm

No it don’t.
One of the primary arguments against gun control is that armed «good guys» provides important protection.
According to that argument, Donald Trump would be the safest man on earth if the NRA brought their guns to that room. Trump can waive the secret service-protection anytime he wants if the protocol doesn’t fit. Obviously, he and the NRA found their armed «good guys»-heaven so risky, he kept the secret service protection even though he loses face politically.

One important point in itself is that the secret service, experts as they are, doesn’t subscribe to the «armed good guys»-thesis to begin with.

bpatus297 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
it's really not that difficult, for those who are mentally twisting themselves up.

Trump is banning guns during his speech at the upcoming NRA conference. NRA is filing for bankruptcy due to its corrupt leaders, nepotism, fraud. They spent 70 million buying votes to get Trump elected. Cruz and Abbott who accepted donations from the NRA will be there with bells on.


That is a fallacy, the Secret Service restricts weapons anywhere a VIP under their protection speaks. Its not the law abiding citizen they are concerned with, but a nefarious actor could use the event as cover to carry out an attack. This is really simple stuff, stop trying to use that as a point, its a very bad look outside of an echo chamber.
Last edited by M564038 on Thu May 26, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 12:32 pm

bigb wrote:
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

This exactly what is going on here in Mercia! We need our guns because of criminals! Yet, it’s those who have obtained guns legally that have gone into these schools…..

Yet, here we are doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results….

But the only solution is to give the good guys bigger guns and make it easier for them to get them.

Insanity doesn't even begin to describe this circus.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 6301
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 12:34 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
bigb wrote:
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

This exactly what is going on here in Mercia! We need our guns because of criminals! Yet, it’s those who have obtained guns legally that have gone into these schools…..

Yet, here we are doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results….


Is taking away guns the only solution to the problem? Do you agree that this problem is complex and we should be discussing more than just taking guns, like the abysmal mental heath care in this country?


Let's see.... which of these 2 issues is easier to solve? Take out the guns, or solve mental health in America?
I wonder. :scratchchin:

I suppose it's best to do nothing then, as always?


What I find more pathetic about those who perform these extreme mental contortions to defend unfettered gun ownership - other than de facto defending mass child murder - is that they defend their stance by pretending that there is nothing that can be done and that therefore there is no point in trying, despite the rest of the World proving them wrong.
In fact, 'pathetic' doesn't even begin to cover it.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 12:34 pm

I just saw the video of the parents outside of the school whilst the shooter was inside killing their kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyXtymq-A6w


Police was more concerned for the parents outside than going in and taking down that ----- that was inside killing kids for almost an hour nonstop.

If you truly cared about these kids, watch that video. It has caused me pain, personally. Since I can relate having children in elementary school.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 12:35 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Is taking away guns the only solution to the problem?

Its the one solution that delivers the biggest results as has been proven literally every where else as has been shown time and time again, thread after thread after thread, week after week after week, month after month after month, year after year after year.
bpatus297 wrote:
Do you agree that this problem is complex and we should be discussing more than just taking guns, like the abysmal mental heath care in this country?

Every country has an issue with mental health but not every country has more mass shootings than there are days in a year because you know, gun control.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 1:05 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
I just saw the video of the parents outside of the school whilst the shooter was inside killing their kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyXtymq-A6w


Police was more concerned for the parents outside than going in and taking down that ----- that was inside killing kids for almost an hour nonstop.

If you truly cared about these kids, watch that video. It has caused me pain, personally. Since I can relate having children in elementary school.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what these parents were going through - and yet there are those who will continue to deflect from the actual problem and defend a 231 year old piece of paper over the lives of children and will continue to deflect common sense when the next group of parents are forced to go through the same thing, and the next group, and the next group.
 
bpatus297
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:51 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 1:10 pm

M564038 wrote:
No it don’t.
One of the primary arguments against gun control is that armed «good guys» provides important protection.
According to that argument, Donald Trump would be the safest man on earth if the NRA brought their guns to that room. Trump can waive the secret service-protection anytime he wants if the protocol doesn’t fit. Obviously, he and the NRA found their armed «good guys»-heaven so risky, he kept the secret service protection even though he loses face politically.

One important point in itself is that the secret service, experts as they are, doesn’t subscribe to the «armed good guys»-thesis to begin with.

bpatus297 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
it's really not that difficult, for those who are mentally twisting themselves up.

Trump is banning guns during his speech at the upcoming NRA conference. NRA is filing for bankruptcy due to its corrupt leaders, nepotism, fraud. They spent 70 million buying votes to get Trump elected. Cruz and Abbott who accepted donations from the NRA will be there with bells on.


That is a fallacy, the Secret Service restricts weapons anywhere a VIP under their protection speaks. Its not the law abiding citizen they are concerned with, but a nefarious actor could use the event as cover to carry out an attack. This is really simple stuff, stop trying to use that as a point, its a very bad look outside of an echo chamber.



So, using your logic there should be very little gun crime in cities and states with very strict gun laws and regulations.
 
Vintage
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:48 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 1:13 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
I couldn't even begin to imagine what these parents were going through - and yet there are those who will continue to deflect from the actual problem and defend a 231 year old piece of paper over the lives of children and will continue to deflect common sense when the next group of parents are forced to go through the same thing, and the next group, and the next group.

It isn't the 231 year old piece of paper that's the problem, it's the fact that our Supreme Court is illiterate.
The 2nd amendment clearly includes the term "a well regulated militia", and it is obvious that our "well regulated militia" is out of control.
But the SC ignores the term "well regulated militia" as if it doesn't exist.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 1:15 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
I just saw the video of the parents outside of the school whilst the shooter was inside killing their kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyXtymq-A6w


Police was more concerned for the parents outside than going in and taking down that ----- that was inside killing kids for almost an hour nonstop.

If you truly cared about these kids, watch that video. It has caused me pain, personally. Since I can relate having children in elementary school.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what these parents were going through - and yet there are those who will continue to deflect from the actual problem and defend a 231 year old piece of paper over the lives of children and will continue to deflect common sense when the next group of parents are forced to go through the same thing, and the next group, and the next group.


Why do you have to make the pain and suffering of those parents political? the death of children?

Even if we did what you say, this won't stop. Why can't we ask why do people commit such atrocious and heinous killings first? then we talk about political solutions.

There is no political swift solution to this. If you think there is you are delusional. Stop making everything about politics and dividing people, probably this is what has made this worse.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 1:18 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
So, using your logic there should be very little gun crime in cities and states with very strict gun laws and regulations.

Whats the point of one State having strict restrictions when the next State over is a free for all and you can just bring your guns across the Country nilly willy like the shooting in Laguna Woods not even 2 weeks ago?
 
bpatus297
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:51 am

Re: Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, TX

Thu May 26, 2022 1:18 pm

Francoflier wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
bigb wrote:
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

This exactly what is going on here in Mercia! We need our guns because of criminals! Yet, it’s those who have obtained guns legally that have gone into these schools…..

Yet, here we are doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results….


Is taking away guns the only solution to the problem? Do you agree that this problem is complex and we should be discussing more than just taking guns, like the abysmal mental heath care in this country?


Let's see.... which of these 2 issues is easier to solve? Take out the guns, or solve mental health in America?
I wonder. :scratchchin:

I suppose it's best to do nothing then, as always?


What I find more pathetic about those who perform these extreme mental contortions to defend unfettered gun ownership - other than de facto defending mass child murder - is that they defend their stance by pretending that there is nothing that can be done and that therefore there is no point in trying, despite the rest of the World proving them wrong.
In fact, 'pathetic' doesn't even begin to cover it.


Please show me where I am defending de facto mass child murder or saying nothing can be done Hint, you can't. You are just looking for anything you can find to argue since I might not agree with you. How about you listen to learn about others views to try to find middle ground and start to solve the problem? I said it will take an honest discussion about all of the facets of the complex nuanced issue to start to resolve. However, you and a lot on here, don't want to talk about anything other than banning guns. You also go on to insult and belittle anyone who defends the Constitution or responsible, legal gun ownership. That doesn't exactly encourage honest discussions to work towards a solution.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 11

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Braybuddy, Dysko, habun1, Redd, SL1200MK2, ZKCIF and 19 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos