Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 15484
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Friday Music Thread 2022

Fri May 27, 2022 7:42 pm

In honor of Andy Fletcher of Depeche Mode passing away this week, I'll start it out with

Enjoy the Silence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGSKrC7dGcY
Last edited by SQ22 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated
 
afcjets
Posts: 4069
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Friday Music Thread May 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:50 pm

My favorite Depeche Mode songs are Everything Counts and Precious.
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 7171
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Friday Music Thread May 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:44 pm

casinterest wrote:
In honor of Andy Fletcher of Depeche Mode passing away this week, I'll start it out with

Enjoy the Silence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGSKrC7dGcY

Pure class! I've tried googling it, but wasn't there a concert where they played it live at the Brandenburg Gate? I'm getting concerts in Berlin, but not the one I'm thinking of. Given that Generation Z has suddenly discovered Kate Bush, and have propelled "Running Up That Hill" to the top of the I-tunes and Tiktok charts after it was used in Netflix's Stranger Things, there must be a huge market for quality '80s tracks. Enjoy the Silence is one for sure.
 
afcjets
Posts: 4069
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Friday Music Thread May 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:51 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
casinterest wrote:
In honor of Andy Fletcher of Depeche Mode passing away this week, I'll start it out with

Enjoy the Silence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGSKrC7dGcY

Pure class! I've tried googling it, but wasn't there a concert where they played it live at the Brandenburg Gate? I'm getting concerts in Berlin, but not the one I'm thinking of. Given that Generation Z has suddenly discovered Kate Bush, and have propelled "Running Up That Hill" to the top of the I-tunes and Tiktok charts after it was used in Netflix's Stranger Things, there must be a huge market for quality '80s tracks. Enjoy the Silence is one for sure.


Enjoy the Silence wasn't released until 1990, however I just learned it was actually recorded in 1989, which is not really that surprising.
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 7171
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Friday Music Thread May 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:18 pm

afcjets wrote:
Enjoy the Silence wasn't released until 1990, however I just learned it was actually recorded in 1989, which is not really that surprising.

Oops! I suppose the '80s are something like the '60s, If you can remember them, you weren't really there . . . :wink2:
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 15484
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Friday Music Thread May 2022

Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:06 pm

 
petertenthije
Posts: 4589
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: Friday Music Thread May 2022

Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:37 pm

For good music, look out for tomorrow’s party at the palace in honour of the queen’s 70th year on the throne.

I was at the 2002 edition, if this year’s as good, you’re in for a real treat.

Live on BBC1, 19:30-22:30 GMT.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0bk5pd7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Avatar2go, bikerthai, Braybuddy, luckyone and 46 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos