Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 10
 
ltbewr
Topic Author
Posts: 16238
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:51 pm

Starting tonight, 8 PM EDT in the US Capitol, will be the first of a series of public televised presentations and hearings with live and recorded content by the January 6 House Committee to put forth their case and to gain public support for criminal prosecution by the DOJ of then President Trump and those supporting the mob terror attack on the US Capitol on 1/6/21 including threats of the lives of top Democrats and even VP Pence to overthrow the 2020 Presidential election to him instead of Joe Biden. The events of 1/6/21 at the US Capitol was the most severe challenge to this country and elections since the US Civil War. They are far worse than the crimes of Nixon and 'Watergate' and facts from the Committee's gathering of information, testimony by key people including 2 of Trump's adult children who knew of the coup plot will be presented in the initial broadcast. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jan-hea ... d=85282400

Of course, all but a few Republicans are condemning these hearings and presentation of the Committee, saying they don't have representation on it (only 2 Republicans are on it, both voted to Impeach Trump to attempt to remove him from office after the 1/6 attacks), that it is an open attack on Trump to prevent him from being President again, to defect from policy issues of Democrats and basically a 'witch hunt', that 'Democrats rigged' votes in key state to win by the Electoral College vote. One cannot ignore the intentions of Democrats to hopefully use these hearings to help them in this fall's Congressional elections although other issues like inflation, gasoline prices, immigration, crime will likely limit any possible success. .

It will be interesting to see if the series of public presentations of the J6 Committee do cause Trump and others to face criminal charges or not. At the least they should make it clear that Donald Trump and his key WH persons, persons leading the mob attacking the Capitol were all wrong, anti-American, illegal, anti-democratic and was not the will of the majority of citizens.
 
TangoandCash
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:21 pm

What to expect: political theater from both sides. I'll get my popcorn.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 15067
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:29 pm

TangoandCash wrote:
What to expect: political theater from both sides. I'll get my popcorn.


Won't be watching but I will be on election night.
 
victrola
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:04 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
TangoandCash wrote:
What to expect: political theater from both sides. I'll get my popcorn.


Won't be watching but I will be on election night.[/quot

Obviously, you have no problem with people trying to overturn the results of a free and fair election. You also seem to want to see these same people take over the Congress in November. I guess that for you, it is not a free and fair election unless the Republicans win. Such mentalities eventually lead to the end of democracy and the beginning of dictatorships.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17990
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:06 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
TangoandCash wrote:
What to expect: political theater from both sides. I'll get my popcorn.


Won't be watching but I will be on election night.


Don’t care that a POTUS’s advisory team tried to subvert the traditional transfer of power and POTUS themselves took no action to stop a mob action in DC they stoked as the whole world watched. That’s swell...
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8616
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:09 pm

victrola wrote:
Such mentalities eventually lead to the end of democracy and the beginning of dictatorships.

Its only a dictatorship if the guy I voted for doesn't get in through a democratic process.

As far as the hearings go, I won't be watching but I'll check out the highlights to see what and if anything will become of this.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 3560
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:20 pm

Meanwhile, on Fox News......Democrats want to take your guns followed by Benghazi, the greatest moments of the 33 hearings ending with "how to bury your head in the sand".
 
victrola
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:01 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
Meanwhile, on Fox News......Democrats want to take your guns followed by Benghazi, the greatest moments of the 33 hearings ending with "how to bury your head in the sand".


Interesting how you mention Benghazi. I seem to recall that Hilary Clinton showed up to testify at the Benghazi hearings. Why can't republicans like Jim Jordan, Kevin McCarthy, and Trump himself have the guts to testify?
 
User avatar
777222LR
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:18 am

victrola wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
Meanwhile, on Fox News......Democrats want to take your guns followed by Benghazi, the greatest moments of the 33 hearings ending with "how to bury your head in the sand".


Interesting how you mention Benghazi. I seem to recall that Hilary Clinton showed up to testify at the Benghazi hearings. Why can't republicans like Jim Jordan, Kevin McCarthy, and Trump himself have the guts to testify?


Because they are guilty of what is being accused.
 
User avatar
STT757
Posts: 14803
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:14 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:04 am

The video they're showing is the most disturbing thing I've seen since September 11th, 2001. The people who attacked the Capitol are suffering from some kind of disease that affects their brains. I can't think of any other reason why they did what they did.
 
emperortk
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:05 am

jetwet1 wrote:
Meanwhile, on Fox News......Democrats want to take your guns followed by Benghazi, the greatest moments of the 33 hearings ending with "how to bury your head in the sand".


True American patriots will be focused on much more grave threats to democracy like transgender athletes.
 
Avatar2go
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:41 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:06 am

Wow. The first hour of testimony and video are pretty devastating.
 
Snuffaluffagus
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:26 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:13 am

I'm sure our resident GOP supporters will be heads in the sand with this thread. Just like in the Ohio GOP & transgenders thread. That video that was just shown was disgusting.
 
User avatar
STT757
Posts: 14803
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:14 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:20 am

ABC, NBC and CBS are airing the hearings. Fox is showing "Don't forget the lyrics".
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:31 am

We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4456
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:33 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.

I’ll take “Trolling False Equivalencies for $5,000 please, Alex!!”
 
Newark727
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:35 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.


Literally all you have is distractions. Pathetic.
 
Avatar2go
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:41 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:36 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.


Summer riots were not incited by the President of the United States, in an attempt to retain his office after losing an election. No member of Congress has encouraged the harassment of a Supreme Court Justice at their home. Truth is important.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:39 am

Avatar2go wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.


Summer riots were not incited by the President of the United States, in an attempt to retain his office after losing an election. No member of Congress has encouraged the harassment of a Supreme Court Justice at their home. Truth is important.


Truth is very important, members of congress are on the record saying they support the protests outside Judges homes. I will cite the WH position on the protests outside a home

“So I know that there’s an outrage right now, I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date,” Psaki later added. “And we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes and that’s the president’s position.”
https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/psaki-def ... ces-homes/

This intimidation of judges outside of their homes is new. This never happened, and its being actively encouraged by the left.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4456
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:41 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Avatar2go wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.


Summer riots were not incited by the President of the United States, in an attempt to retain his office after losing an election. No member of Congress has encouraged the harassment of a Supreme Court Justice at their home. Truth is important.


Truth is very important, members of congress are on the record saying they support the protests outside Judges homes. I will cite the WH position on the protests outside a home

“So I know that there’s an outrage right now, I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date,” Psaki later added. “And we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes and that’s the president’s position.”
https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/psaki-def ... ces-homes/

This intimidation of judges outside of their homes is new. This never happened, and its being actively encouraged by the left.

How about you cite the members of Congress as well.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:44 am

luckyone wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Avatar2go wrote:

Summer riots were not incited by the President of the United States, in an attempt to retain his office after losing an election. No member of Congress has encouraged the harassment of a Supreme Court Justice at their home. Truth is important.


Truth is very important, members of congress are on the record saying they support the protests outside Judges homes. I will cite the WH position on the protests outside a home

“So I know that there’s an outrage right now, I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date,” Psaki later added. “And we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes and that’s the president’s position.”
https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/psaki-def ... ces-homes/

This intimidation of judges outside of their homes is new. This never happened, and its being actively encouraged by the left.

How about you cite the members of Congress as well.


Sure

https://www.yahoo.com/video/progressive ... 19625.html

Omar and Tlaib are on the record defending those protests outside their homes. But its far worse when Biden supports it, right? we are talking about a president inciting intimidation to say the least? which is against the law.
 
Newark727
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:48 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/video/progressive ... 19625.html

Omar and Tlaib are on the record defending those protests outside their homes. But its far worse when Biden supports it, right? we are talking about a president inciting intimidation to say the least? which is against the law.


Cry me a river. No right to privacy in the Constitution, according to these judges. Again, all you have is distractions.
 
Avatar2go
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:41 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:48 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:


Truth is very important, members of congress are on the record saying they support the protests outside Judges homes. I will cite the WH position on the protests outside a home

“So I know that there’s an outrage right now, I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date,” Psaki later added. “And we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes and that’s the president’s position.”
https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/psaki-def ... ces-homes/

This intimidation of judges outside of their homes is new. This never happened, and its being actively encouraged by the left.


Truth is important. Jen Psaki's actual statement:

Daniel Schmidt asked Psaki if she regrets encouraging people to protest outside of the Supreme Court Justices’ homes in the wake of the leaked draft opinion that purports to overturn Roe v. Wade.

“Let me first say because I think facts matter and facts are important,” Psaki said. “I never encouraged anyone to protest. I encouraged them to engage peacefully, and to do it without violence, without threats, and without intimidation ... If they’re breaking the law, of course, they shouldn’t do that. And I also said that, too."


Check your sources.
 
User avatar
STT757
Posts: 14803
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:14 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:56 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.


Don't forget the lyrics.
 
victrola
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 am

[quote="AirWorthy99"]We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.[/quo

First of all. Please give us an example of a Democrat politician who has advocated the assasination of a Supreme Court justice? The only reason you bring such nonsense as this up is because you have no coherent logical response to the evidence presented in the hearings tonight. I take it that you have no problem with the annulation of the results of a free and fair election when your Republican candidate doesn't win. Do you also support calls to "hang Mike Pence"?
 
skyservice_330
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2000 6:50 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:43 am

The intellectual shallowness of the political right and some conservatives on all this is amusing but not surprising …enraged by Americans unlawfully looting stores during protests about perceived racial injustice … yet passively dismissive of protestors STORMING THE SEAT OF US DEMOCRACY and brutalizing police officers. A shoulder shrug.

Assert that politicians are to blame for the threat against Justice Kavanaugh due to their words … but turn a blind eye, ignore and dismiss the words of Trump in the lead up to Jan 6.

It is amusing but sad to see the digging in some are doing. The emperor has no clothes and they just can’t bring themselves to believe it.
 
victrola
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:54 am

I would for once like to see one of the pathetic Republican apologists for Trump come up with something other than " But what about..." If you support Trump, you have nothing but contempt for the democratic process.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17990
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:39 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Truth is very important, members of congress are on the record saying they support the protests outside Judges homes. I will cite the WH position on the protests outside a home

https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/psaki-def ... ces-homes/

This intimidation of judges outside of their homes is new. This never happened, and its being actively encouraged by the left.

How about you cite the members of Congress as well.


Sure

https://www.yahoo.com/video/progressive ... 19625.html

Omar and Tlaib are on the record defending those protests outside their homes. But its far worse when Biden supports it, right? we are talking about a president inciting intimidation to say the least? which is against the law.


Misrepresenting statements is childish and easily fact-checked as well through actual quotes. Nobody in the WH or Congress has encouraged violence against judges. No. One.

Need I remind you we now have actual quotes, thanks to this Congressional inquiry, that the former POTUS’s advisors implored him repeatedly to put a stop to the violence in DC, and there was no response for hours.
 
af773atmsp
Posts: 2550
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:37 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:16 am

STT757 wrote:
The video they're showing is the most disturbing thing I've seen since September 11th, 2001. The people who attacked the Capitol are suffering from some kind of disease that affects their brains. I can't think of any other reason why they did what they did.


The terrorists of 9/11 were duped into thinking America is evil and for their sacrifice they would be rewarded grandly in the afterlife.

The terrorists of 1/6 were duped into thinking the Democratic Party and the so-called "Deep State" are evil and overthrowing the election would save America.

A brain disease had nothing to do with this. No one is immune from propaganda, and when that propaganda is being spewed by the president then it's extremely dangerous.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17990
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:24 am

af773atmsp wrote:
STT757 wrote:
The video they're showing is the most disturbing thing I've seen since September 11th, 2001. The people who attacked the Capitol are suffering from some kind of disease that affects their brains. I can't think of any other reason why they did what they did.


The terrorists of 9/11 were duped into thinking America is evil and for their sacrifice they would be rewarded grandly in the afterlife.

The terrorists of 1/6 were duped into thinking the Democratic Party and the so-called "Deep State" are evil and overthrowing the election would save America.

A brain disease had nothing to do with this. No one is immune from propaganda, and when that propaganda is being spewed by the president then it's extremely dangerous.


Yep and their ‘leader’ is still at it today, posting his demented fantasies that the election was stolen and these morons were part of a movement to ‘save’ the country. Hard to imagine anything more self-owning.
 
hh65man
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:28 am

I won’t watch the hearings due to time differences where I live, but I’ll be following the news. Any sane person would, should want to know the truth.

I think Trump should be strapped down to a chair, then wire his testicles up to an electrical source. Then let the questions follow. Any lying or incorrect answers would be followed by a “impulse” of encouragement to tell the truth. The only way for you guys to move forward is for him to admit defeat, admit there was no fraud but his own, admit to his crimes. It’s stunning to watch from afar. It’s like that problem is so broke it can’t be fixed. The only way to kill a metastatic cancer is to remove it.
 
ltbewr
Topic Author
Posts: 16238
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:21 am

The first prime time televised session of the Committee was to clearly sett the outlines of what its job is, how they have and will do it, giving some top examples of why the need to do it. Clearly the ultimate target is Donald Trump himself with the end goal is to make sure he faces criminal prosecution and legislation passed so no President ever abuses their position to cause an attempted reversal of a Presidential election by any means including terrorist violence as done on 1/6/21.

It brought up 7 sub-areas of investigation and public presentation to match the 7 area of tactics of Trump and his supporters to overthrow the election. What Trump did to encourage the attack. His lack of calling off the violence. His attempts to interfere with state electors to 'find enough votes' for him - especially in Georgia which is a subject of investigations in that state. How he ignored as in this presentation notes how close aids, attorneys, AG Barr in calling what Trump wanted him to do in December 2020 to overturn the election as 'Bullshit'. How preparations for the potential violence and protest were undermined by Trump and a number of Republican Congress members. Failures to call out the National Guard during the attacks, although many Congress members were begging for it as was VP Pence. The level of violence against law enforcement officers. It was especially strong with the new video, the videographer, his live testimony and that of a Female officer who injured with bear spray, her and other officers around her being violent beaten up but fought back against this terrorist, racist, sexist mob. The Chair of the committee comes from a state, Mississippi, that had some of the worst voting laws into the 1960's that Black person like his ancestors who were prevented from voting as well as violence, including multiple murders and other attacks on those trying to get Blacks to be able to vote there.

Of course all but a few elected Republicans in Congress support this committee as see it as a political witch hunt against them and Trump personalty. They will bring up how a protester trying to get into the House chamber was 'cold murdered' by a LEO using his gun. They want us to ignore the desecration of the Capitol building and the goal of protesters to kill Democrats and VP Pence. Some say it was a 'false flag' of Democrats. The main news organ of Republicans, Fox News, had their regular RWNJ news/political commentator shows Thursday night to bash the Committee rather than show the proceedings. .
 
bpatus297
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:51 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:38 am

Snuffaluffagus wrote:
I'm sure our resident GOP supporters will be heads in the sand with this thread. Just like in the Ohio GOP & transgenders thread. That video that was just shown was disgusting.


Or maybe the "resident GOP supporters" don't blindly support an organization, but think for themselves and formulate case-by-case opinions on subjects. Maybe they don't agree with the Ohio transgender issue and other things. Hint, its okay to disagree, even with a political organization.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17990
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:54 am

bpatus297 wrote:
Snuffaluffagus wrote:
I'm sure our resident GOP supporters will be heads in the sand with this thread. Just like in the Ohio GOP & transgenders thread. That video that was just shown was disgusting.


Or maybe the "resident GOP supporters" don't blindly support an organization, but think for themselves and formulate case-by-case opinions on subjects. Maybe they don't agree with the Ohio transgender issue and other things. Hint, its okay to disagree, even with a political organization.


Clearly many more groups and forces within the GOP are pulling out of Trump orbit, but that only reinforces that the percentage still with him (and actively making excuses for Jan 6) are beyond out to lunch, and incapable of thinking for themselves.

Prominent interest groups in the Republican universe also appear to be increasingly comfortable stiff-arming Trump. The Club for Growth, the anti-tax organization headed by David McIntosh, whose super PAC has been one of the top outside spending groups on Senate races this cycle, doubled down on its support for Mandel after Trump endorsed Vance. The Club went so far as to increase its ad buy featuring old clips of Vance disparaging Trump, a decision that reportedly angered the former president and put Trump and McIntosh squarely at odds.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/2 ... p-00035311
 
GDB
Posts: 15395
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:21 am

Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
Snuffaluffagus wrote:
I'm sure our resident GOP supporters will be heads in the sand with this thread. Just like in the Ohio GOP & transgenders thread. That video that was just shown was disgusting.


Or maybe the "resident GOP supporters" don't blindly support an organization, but think for themselves and formulate case-by-case opinions on subjects. Maybe they don't agree with the Ohio transgender issue and other things. Hint, its okay to disagree, even with a political organization.


Clearly many more groups and forces within the GOP are pulling out of Trump orbit, but that only reinforces that the percentage still with him (and actively making excuses for Jan 6) are beyond out to lunch, and incapable of thinking for themselves.

Prominent interest groups in the Republican universe also appear to be increasingly comfortable stiff-arming Trump. The Club for Growth, the anti-tax organization headed by David McIntosh, whose super PAC has been one of the top outside spending groups on Senate races this cycle, doubled down on its support for Mandel after Trump endorsed Vance. The Club went so far as to increase its ad buy featuring old clips of Vance disparaging Trump, a decision that reportedly angered the former president and put Trump and McIntosh squarely at odds.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/2 ... p-00035311


Even his own daughter does not subscribe to the obvious BS about the 'Stolen Election', not that FOX are covering any of this, of course. Network for thickos and their racism.;
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -testimony
 
luckyone
Posts: 4456
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:29 pm

GDB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Or maybe the "resident GOP supporters" don't blindly support an organization, but think for themselves and formulate case-by-case opinions on subjects. Maybe they don't agree with the Ohio transgender issue and other things. Hint, its okay to disagree, even with a political organization.


Clearly many more groups and forces within the GOP are pulling out of Trump orbit, but that only reinforces that the percentage still with him (and actively making excuses for Jan 6) are beyond out to lunch, and incapable of thinking for themselves.

Prominent interest groups in the Republican universe also appear to be increasingly comfortable stiff-arming Trump. The Club for Growth, the anti-tax organization headed by David McIntosh, whose super PAC has been one of the top outside spending groups on Senate races this cycle, doubled down on its support for Mandel after Trump endorsed Vance. The Club went so far as to increase its ad buy featuring old clips of Vance disparaging Trump, a decision that reportedly angered the former president and put Trump and McIntosh squarely at odds.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/2 ... p-00035311


Even his own daughter does not subscribe to the obvious BS about the 'Stolen Election', not that FOX are covering any of this, of course. Network for thickos and their racism.;
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -testimony

Makes sense. Ivanka and hubby for all their benefits of nepotism still do a lot of business outside of Trump world--unlike his sons who are firmly attached at the teet. The Kushners can only afford to indulge in daddy's fantasies so much.

Meanwhile, Trump is throwing his daughter under the bus. What a family.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/1 ... y-00038783
 
SEU
Posts: 470
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:55 pm

Avatar2go wrote:
Wow. The first hour of testimony and video are pretty devastating.


What happened in the video?
 
petertenthije
Posts: 4597
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:34 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Or maybe the "resident GOP supporters" don't blindly support an organization,

I like your optimism, but the first “resident GOP supporter” has already posted that he’ll be ignoring the hearings.
 
stratosphere
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:35 pm

luckyone wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.

I’ll take “Trolling False Equivalencies for $5,000 please, Alex!!”


You mean like how this is being equal or worse to 9/11 that kind? This is in no way shape or form like 9/11. These hearings like all hearings that congress has on both sides is nothing but show. It is partisan for one thing with a couple of outlier Republicans. This was a protest turned riot and should be condemned on all levels. But an insurrection? I say no. if it was it was a poorly planned one. No one had guns some had weapons like pepper spray but already the media and democrats have pushed the lie that 5 police officers were murdered by the mob. They were not.
 
bpatus297
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:51 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:37 pm

stratosphere wrote:
luckyone wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.

I’ll take “Trolling False Equivalencies for $5,000 please, Alex!!”


You mean like how this is being equal or worse to 9/11 that kind? This is in no way shape or form like 9/11. These hearings like all hearings that congress has on both sides is nothing but show. It is partisan for one thing with a couple of outlier Republicans. This was a protest turned riot and should be condemned on all levels. But an insurrection? I say no. if it was it was a poorly planned one. No one had guns some had weapons like pepper spray but already the media and democrats have pushed the lie that 5 police officers were murdered by the mob. They were not.


Just a bunch of idiots and probably some normal folks who got pulled in by the mob mentality.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4456
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:38 pm

stratosphere wrote:
luckyone wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.

I’ll take “Trolling False Equivalencies for $5,000 please, Alex!!”


You mean like how this is being equal or worse to 9/11 that kind? This is in no way shape or form like 9/11. These hearings like all hearings that congress has on both sides is nothing but show. It is partisan for one thing with a couple of outlier Republicans. This was a protest turned riot and should be condemned on all levels. But an insurrection? I say no. if it was it was a poorly planned one. No one had guns some had weapons like pepper spray but already the media and democrats have pushed the lie that 5 police officers were murdered by the mob. They were not.

Bless your heart. You're right, it's worse. 9/11 was a foreign terrorist attack against the nation. Nobody from home overran the Capitol shouting "Hang [the Vice President]" during a certification of an election on 9/11. Enjoy that KoolAid!!!
 
Avatar2go
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:41 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:15 pm

SEU wrote:
Avatar2go wrote:
Wow. The first hour of testimony and video are pretty devastating.


What happened in the video?


The video disproves the defenses that the protestors were friendly and not violent, were waved in by the police and did not break in, that the police were responsible for the violence and the riot, etc. All circulated by conservative media outlets, but all utterly false.
 
Avatar2go
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:41 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:27 pm

stratosphere wrote:
luckyone wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
We are getting lectured on civility and respect of the democratic institutions by the same people who are actively today encouraging the intimidation of Supreme court justices to overturn a ruling they don't like.

Just yesterday a leftist who was encouraged by the political left set out to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice, talk to me about incitement of a mob, they are actively doing a January 6th today.

But its OK, the American people know that this fake outrage is fake, because the Summer 2020 riots never happened and they don't get to be investigated by a committee.

I’ll take “Trolling False Equivalencies for $5,000 please, Alex!!”


You mean like how this is being equal or worse to 9/11 that kind? This is in no way shape or form like 9/11. These hearings like all hearings that congress has on both sides is nothing but show. It is partisan for one thing with a couple of outlier Republicans. This was a protest turned riot and should be condemned on all levels. But an insurrection? I say no. if it was it was a poorly planned one. No one had guns some had weapons like pepper spray but already the media and democrats have pushed the lie that 5 police officers were murdered by the mob. They were not.


You're absolutely correct, the insurrection was poorly planned and executed. But still caused a lot of damage, caused deaths among the capital police, forced the evacuation of Congress, and interfered with the lawful transfer of power, in favor of the duly defeated President who instigated it. Who is on the record that he did not want that transfer to take place.

What's funny is that the conservative media is now pushing the mantra of "Don't Watch", so soon after the movie "Don't Look Up", which so accurately parodied that mentality. If you refuse to see it, it doesn't exist, and therefore denial is justified.

Trouble is, that mentality will destroy you in the end.
 
victrola
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:35 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Snuffaluffagus wrote:
I'm sure our resident GOP supporters will be heads in the sand with this thread. Just like in the Ohio GOP & transgenders thread. That video that was just shown was disgusting.


Or maybe the "resident GOP supporters" don't blindly support an organization, but think for themselves and formulate case-by-case opinions on subjects. Maybe they don't agree with the Ohio transgender issue and other things. Hint, its okay to disagree, even with a political organization.


I couldn't agree more. The "resident GOP supporters" blindly support one man.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:36 pm

Avatar2go wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
luckyone wrote:
I’ll take “Trolling False Equivalencies for $5,000 please, Alex!!”

caused deaths among the capital police


Since for you 'truth is very important' care to cite with evidence that capital police died as a result of the riot?

And no, based on evidence and official statements, the capitol police officer who died after the riot, died from natural causes https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html

So, for someone who cars so much about the 'truth' you seem very intent in spreading at the very least, misinformation.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 17990
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:43 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Avatar2go wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
caused deaths among the capital police


Since for you 'truth is very important' care to cite with evidence that capital police died as a result of the riot?

And no, based on evidence and official statements, the capitol police officer who died after the riot, died from natural causes https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html

So, for someone who cars so much about the 'truth' you seem very intent in spreading at the very least, misinformation.


Why read selectively and misinform, when you can actually provide the truth from the article you linked?

Yes, the officer's precise cause of death was likely a preexisting condition. But the trigger for that condition becoming fatal was also likely the prolonged encounter with rioters and high stress of that event. Anyone with an ounce of critical thinking or medical knowledge can make that connection:

Diaz’s ruling does not mean Sicknick was not assaulted or that the violent events at the Capitol did not contribute to his death. The medical examiner noted Sicknick was among the officers who engaged the mob and said “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

The Capitol Police said in its statement that the ruling “does not change the fact Officer Brian Sicknick died in the line of duty, courageously defending Congress and the Capitol.” The agency said it will “never forget Officer Sicknick’s bravery, nor the bravery of any officer on January 6, who risked their lives to defend our democracy.”
 
skyservice_330
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2000 6:50 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:48 pm

Avatar2go wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
luckyone wrote:
I’ll take “Trolling False Equivalencies for $5,000 please, Alex!!”


You mean like how this is being equal or worse to 9/11 that kind? This is in no way shape or form like 9/11. These hearings like all hearings that congress has on both sides is nothing but show. It is partisan for one thing with a couple of outlier Republicans. This was a protest turned riot and should be condemned on all levels. But an insurrection? I say no. if it was it was a poorly planned one. No one had guns some had weapons like pepper spray but already the media and democrats have pushed the lie that 5 police officers were murdered by the mob. They were not.


You're absolutely correct, the insurrection was poorly planned and executed. But still caused a lot of damage, caused deaths among the capital police, forced the evacuation of Congress, and interfered with the lawful transfer of power, in favor of the duly defeated President who instigated it. Who is on the record that he did not want that transfer to take place.

What's funny is that the conservative media is now pushing the mantra of "Don't Watch", so soon after the movie "Don't Look Up", which so accurately parodied that mentality. If you refuse to see it, it doesn't exist, and therefore denial is justified.

Trouble is, that mentality will destroy you in the end.


Fox is so worried about their viewers seeing the hearings and pushing the 'Don't Watch' message that they had Carson on last night for an hour straight, and ad free. They are putting money on the table by foregoing ad revenue to keep their viewers from seeing the ugly truth.
 
bpatus297
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:51 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:52 pm

victrola wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
Snuffaluffagus wrote:
I'm sure our resident GOP supporters will be heads in the sand with this thread. Just like in the Ohio GOP & transgenders thread. That video that was just shown was disgusting.


Or maybe the "resident GOP supporters" don't blindly support an organization, but think for themselves and formulate case-by-case opinions on subjects. Maybe they don't agree with the Ohio transgender issue and other things. Hint, its okay to disagree, even with a political organization.


I couldn't agree more. The "resident GOP supporters" blindly support one man.


No they don't, that is just what you want to see.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:55 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Avatar2go wrote:


Since for you 'truth is very important' care to cite with evidence that capital police died as a result of the riot?

And no, based on evidence and official statements, the capitol police officer who died after the riot, died from natural causes https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html

So, for someone who cars so much about the 'truth' you seem very intent in spreading at the very least, misinformation.


Why read selectively and misinform, when you can actually provide the truth from the article you linked?

Yes, the officer's precise cause of death was likely a preexisting condition. But the trigger for that condition becoming fatal was also likely the prolonged encounter with rioters and high stress of that event. Anyone with an ounce of critical thinking or medical knowledge can make that connection:

Diaz’s ruling does not mean Sicknick was not assaulted or that the violent events at the Capitol did not contribute to his death. The medical examiner noted Sicknick was among the officers who engaged the mob and said “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

The Capitol Police said in its statement that the ruling “does not change the fact Officer Brian Sicknick died in the line of duty, courageously defending Congress and the Capitol.” The agency said it will “never forget Officer Sicknick’s bravery, nor the bravery of any officer on January 6, who risked their lives to defend our democracy.”


There is no evidence he died as a result of the riot. In any case, if you believe this was a reason for his death, very likely someone would have been charged for his death.

You can't change the facts based on feelings, he did not die because of the riot, that's the official result. The rest is speculation driven by a narrative.

The only person who died as a result of this riot was an unarmed woman who was shot in the neck. That was the only person who died, and at the hands of law enforcement, not rioters.
 
Avatar2go
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:41 am

Re: January 6 Committee public presentations and hearings

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:58 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Avatar2go wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
caused deaths among the capital police


Since for you 'truth is very important' care to cite with evidence that capital police died as a result of the riot?

And no, based on evidence and official statements, the capitol police officer who died after the riot, died from natural causes https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html

So, for someone who cars so much about the 'truth' you seem very intent in spreading at the very least, misinformation.


Even if your argument is accepted (which it is not), that doesn't alter the other events & consequences. It's like saying Godzilla is not responsible for a rampage because one building would have eventually collapsed anyway.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 10

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: N965UW, Redd and 24 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos