Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

skyservice_330
Topic Author

Riot Plot Foiled At Idaho Pride

Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:59 pm

June 11 (Reuters) - Police in northwest Idaho arrested more than two dozen members of a white nationalist group on Saturday and charged them with planning to stage a riot near a LGBTQ pride event, authorities said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/member ... 022-06-12/

Kudos to the local resident for being vigilant and reporting what they saw. Who knows what else could have occurred to attendees during the riot - violence, property damage etc.

Sadly, these types of things could become more common as the prominence of these types of groups seems to increase, and some politicians choose to villainize the LGBT community, or otherwise position LGBT people as threats.

seb146

Re: Riot Plot Foiled At Idaho Pride

Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:18 pm

Coeur d'Alene is a suburb of Spokane. Not as far right wing as CDA but still right wing. Just to give some context. Also, for those too young to remember, northern Idaho was once home to a very large white supremacist camp. They are still very much alive and well.

I have been thinking this would happen soon. It's sad people can't just let others be.

910A

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:48 pm

I've never heard Coeur d'Alene described as a suburb of Spokane, but I suppose it is since they are only 34 miles away from each other. I always pictured this part of Idaho as white supremacy country.

johns624

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:59 pm

910A wrote:
I've never heard Coeur d'Alene described as a suburb of Spokane, but I suppose it is since they are only 34 miles away from each other. I always pictured this part of Idaho as white supremacy country.
I've never heard of it described that way, either.

zakuivcustom

Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:06 pm

johns624 wrote:
910A wrote:

Census-wise Spokane and CDA are two distinct MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) but are lumped together in a CSA (Combined Statistical Area). CDA is more of a "satellite city" (i.e. large enough to stand on its own but also has a fair amount of cross-commuting between the two) of Spokane than a "suburb" (i.e. mostly one-way traffic for commute to/from the larger city/metro area) either way.

And as far as white supremacy goes it's definitely nowhere as bad as it one was AFAIK...I've never been anywhere close to that area, though...

bgm

Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:13 pm

Truly fascinating that none of these people arrested have issues wearing masks now... :duck:

hh65man

Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:13 pm

Trumps mates at it again? Wouldn’t it be more fun being home playing Call or Duty on your Xbox? Even even better yet simply jerking off. Ef me.. :roll:

seb146

Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:25 pm

Here is some background on those arrested

https://www.qsaltlake.com/news/2022/05/ ... ene-pride/

Calling for war in a church. Oh, and "they are taking our children", which is a play on the right wing chant "groomers" to describe people who support LGBTQ equality.

luckyone

Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:11 pm

seb146 wrote:

Calling for war in a church. Oh, and "they are taking our children", which is a play on the right wing chant "groomers" to describe people who support LGBTQ equality.

Oh the irony, considering how many kids have been abused in church.

bhill

Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:15 pm

johns624 wrote:
910A wrote:

Ohhh...it VERY much is. All those "do gooder" Conservatives hop over here to buy their cannabis. And during the height of the Covid outbreak, all those Idaho folks that refused vaccinations were causing so much of a healthcare crisis in their own state, they were being admitted to scarce beds here in Washington...

ER757

Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:20 pm

luckyone wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Oh the irony, considering how many kids have been abused in church.

:rotfl: - Good one - you win the internet today!

luckyone

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:52 am

bhill wrote:
johns624 wrote:
910A wrote:

Ohhh...it VERY much is. All those "do gooder" Conservatives hop over here to buy their cannabis. And during the height of the Covid outbreak, all those Idaho folks that refused vaccinations were causing so much of a healthcare crisis in their own state, they were being admitted to scarce beds here in Washington...

I was working on Seattle for the first year or so of the pandemic, and that is absolutely true. Our ICUs were disproportionately occupied by patients from Idaho and Montana. How nice they get to rely on other people’s resources in their time of need. That almost sounds like communism. *gasp*

ltbewr

Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:03 am

The region of the Eastern half of Washington State, Montana and Idaho has long been a place for radical right wing groups and other extremists. It has also seen a lot of persons from California and elsewhere escaping 'tax and spend liberals' and other seeking more affordable housing and a less hectic lifestyle. Apparently Coeur d'Alene has a small but growing GLTBQ residency and like many places, has taken a more progressive view toward them, consider them part of the community. Sadly some sick anti-GLTBQ types wanted to cause great harm to those persons. As noted, to use a saying more connected with other types of terror threats, 'if you see something - say something' to local law enforcement. Someone did and likely saved lives. Sadly the local police are under threats of violence for them doing their job and protecting all its residents, including GLTBQ's.
https://news.yahoo.com/idaho-police-chi ... 09111.html