Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Waterfall faucets - Yay or nay?

Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:38 pm

I was wondering, what are your thoughts on waterfall bathroom faucets? I would eventually like to buy a Moen Genta in Brushed Nickel for my bathroom sink.

My pastor just remodeled his house and installed Pfister waterfall faucets. The Moen I would like to buy is similar.

I understand waterfall faucets have a more gentle flow, but with less splashing than standard bathroom faucets.

What are your opinions on waterfall bathroom faucets? They seem to be quite trendy right now. At the same time I can sell our existing Delta Lahara faucet for $50-$60.

NIKV69

Re: Waterfall faucets - Yay or nay?

Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:42 pm

Don't like them. Too fancy. It's a bathroom I just want to get my hands washed and out of there.

cpd

Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:48 pm

Not fussed by them either. For the bathtub maybe okay.

B777LRF

Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:09 pm

What’s really fascinating, is that you’re intimate with “your” pastors' plumbing arrangements.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:30 pm

B777LRF wrote:
What’s really fascinating, is that you’re intimate with “your” pastors' plumbing arrangements.

He is a good friend of mine. I helped him install his Honeywell smart thermostats and Eufy security cameras.

However for faucets I prefer Moen over Pfister.

LCDFlight

Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:48 pm

I find waterfall faucets gaudy and cheesy. Kind of "Opulence, I has it." But that should not stop anyone from enjoying them. I have very questionable taste also.

Kiwirob

Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:00 pm

I hate them, they’re tacky as hell and just don’t do the job of being a tap properly.

casinterest

Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:03 pm

They are nice niche pieces for a foyer or a restaurant, but they make absolutely no sense in a standard bathroom for shaving, brushing teeth.....

readytotaxi

Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:43 pm

Can we get a picture pls?

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:10 pm

readytotaxi wrote:

This is what I want to buy:
https://www.moen.com/products/Genta/Gen ... WS84760SRN

seb146

Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:49 pm

I did a search for "waterfall faucets" and... wow... I like the look of them. I have used them at restaurants. I don't think I would ever have one. Some of them come with LEDs! As someone up the thread said: they are fine for a public place, but not really for a home.

WesternDC6B

Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:39 pm

All I want is faucets and shower heads that have enough flow to rinse off hands properly, or in the case of shower heads, enough flow to easily rinse shampoo out of my beard.

I do NOT like faucets with flow restrictions mandated by Our Betters In Washington. If there are to be flow restriction regs, they should be on a local level.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:38 pm

I just ordered my Moen Genta in Spot Resist Brushed Nickel from Home Depot. Hopefully it turns out well. I can probably sell our existing Delta Lahara for $50-$60 on eBay/Mercari/Facebook Marketplace/Poshmark.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:42 pm

I just installed my Moen Genta waterfall faucet. Working pretty well. No excess splashing whatsoever. The hardest parts were removing the mounting nuts on the old Delta Lahara faucet, and trying to get the pull rod properly connected to the existing Delta drain stopper.

TSS

Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:52 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:

This is what I want to buy:
https://www.moen.com/products/Genta/Gen ... WS84760SRN

That's not the kind I was picturing. I thought you meant the kind that produced a 6" wide or wider sheet of water. That looks fine. I'm not a fan of the single control lever instead of separate knobs, but I may be in the minority on that.

WesternDC6B wrote:
All I want is faucets and shower heads that have enough flow to rinse off hands properly, or in the case of shower heads, enough flow to easily rinse shampoo out of my beard.

I do NOT like faucets with flow restrictions mandated by Our Betters In Washington. If there are to be flow restriction regs, they should be on a local level.

I agree 100%, but the result of restrictions being localized would be people from restricted areas traveling to places without restrictions to buy their fixtures.

I blame Southern California for all these restrictions. I suspect one morning one of the politicians there got up and looked out over all the lawn sprinklers watering thirsty, non-native grass species in a desert environment and said to himself "Toilets and shower heads, they're what are wasting all the water here! We gotta do sumthin'!", and thus nationwide water restrictions for fixtures were born, resulting in 3.2 gallon-per-flush toilets that had to be flushed three or more times to get a log to go down that would have gone down the first time every time with a 5 gallon-per-flush model.