Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

johns624

Re: Mar-A-Lago raided by FBI.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:43 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
Tugger wrote:
I am realizing that Trump is a cult leader now. And his followers have become a cult, have made him that. It is so sad and strange to watch. They truly suffer Trump derangement syndrome.

Tugg

My brother works for a company that has a setup like "The Office" He works in the corporate area on the top floors. The shipping and manual labor aspect of the company is on the lower floors/basement. he's like you hate to place labels on people however those wearing the white shirts and the like are normal, can talk about the issues regarding both parties and keep it civil. However when you start heading downstairs it gets more MAGA land and the F Joe Biden, Let's go Brandon rhetoric becomes more pronounced. These employees aren't very well educated with the majority of them having GED's. I think that feeds into the popular opinion that those who a trump supports just aren't that intelligent and are easily swayed.

Worldview/critical thinking is a big component, but another is vulnerability. Some people are simply insecure enough about this/that to be easily swayed by division agents who are skilled at emotional manipulation.
I've worked in a company like that. The sad thing is that so many gravitated to Trump because their personal/job life are so screwed up. The irony is that it's businessmen like Trump that are the ones who screwed up their job prospects. Yet, they think that Trump is "one of them". I remember a few saying back in 2016 "We like Trump because he says whatever he wants and doesn't care". I replied "that's what I do and all you think I'm an asshole". No response....

Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:11 pm

Trump is basically a product, and the end result, of conservative media. He was the among the first to stand up and say publicly, the outrageous things that conservative media had been saying for years. So for that crowd, he is the messiah, the bringer of truth, because he reinforces what they've been led to believe.

That became apparent with the birther conspiracy in the 2012 election. Most people wrote that off as delusional, but it created the base that he has built ever since. He saw that he didn't need proof for the things he said, or for them to be true, he would attract followers that had been primed by media, if he repeated and amplified their claims.

His doing so, has also legitimized other similar voices that ordinarily would not survive the scrutiny of an election.

ltbewr

Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:24 pm

One question that has been raised, is did someone 'rat out' to the DOJ about the existence of security sensitive documents still with Trump at Mar-a-Largo ? Those who may have cooperated with or disclosed to the DOJ and National Archives may be them, but I wonder if it was Jared and/or Ivanka Trump. They would know details of where and what the security sensitive documents are as were regularly inside Mar-a-Largo and may have seen some when in the WH with daddy T. They are also facing investigations and deposed by the 1/6 Committee and NYS AG. They might rat out to save their own sorry butts.

scbriml

Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:35 pm

petertenthije wrote:
scbriml wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
I think that feeds into the popular opinion that those who a trump supports just aren't that intelligent and are easily swayed.

You only have to watch a few Jordan Klepper videos to know how dumb some of them are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzDhm808oU4

Jordan Klepper is great.

Best one was when a Trump supporter was saying the economy was doing great and he was busier then ever. In his own words "I am literally making four times as much as I was making when Obama was president".

Jordan asked what job he had, turns out he worked for a debt relief company.
The segment ends with both of them laughing, not making it clear whether the penny actually dropped with the Trumper.

@ 5:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH329MmRikQ

I honestly don't think the penny ever drops for them.

I just love the whole Trumper in a nutshell -
Trumper: "You need to read the transcript and make up your own mind."
JK: "Have you read the transcript?"
Trumper: "No."
JK: "But, just to be clear, you're saying read the transcript and make up your own mind?"
Trumper: "Yes!"
JK: "But, again just to be clear, you haven't read the transcript?"
Trumper [with zero irony]: "No."

scbriml

Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:30 pm

johns624 wrote:
I remember a few saying back in 2016 "We like Trump because he says whatever he wants and doesn't care". I replied "that's what I do and all you think I'm an asshole". No response....

They rarely have any response. When questioned, they parrot catchphrases and cliches, deflect or claim "It's fake news."

Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:47 pm

Wall Street Journal is reporting the FBI received a tip from someone inside Mara Lago, that more documents were being stored there than the 15 boxes turned over in January.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mar-a-la ... 6eaee812ff

Also the National Archives said that in December 2021, a representative of Trump contacted them about documents stored at Mara Lago. There ensued discussions with Trump lawyers about returning the documents, which resulted in the retrieval in January.

https://www.archives.gov/press/press-re ... 2/nr22-001

NBC News has reported that discussions with Trump lawyers regarding searches for other documents at Mara Lago, had continued as recently as June 2022.

This may imply that team Trump had reported no more documents were present, but then were contradicted by the informant. Trump has reportedly questioned whether his phones are tapped or there is an "FBI rat" in his organization.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:18 pm

flyingturtle

Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:23 pm

johns624 wrote:
I remember a few saying back in 2016 "We like Trump because he says whatever he wants and doesn't care". I replied "that's what I do and all you think I'm an asshole". No response....

This reminds me of certain memes... "What is classy if you're rich, but trashy if you're poor"...

scbriml wrote:
I just love the whole Trumper in a nutshell -
Trumper: "You need to read the transcript and make up your own mind."
JK: "Have you read the transcript?"
Trumper: "No."
JK: "But, just to be clear, you're saying read the transcript and make up your own mind?"
Trumper: "Yes!"
JK: "But, again just to be clear, you haven't read the transcript?"
Trumper [with zero irony]: "No."

For conservatives (and even more so: fascists), loyalty and respecting hierarchy are higher values than a probing mind or seeking the truth. I've seen MANY battles between liberals and leftists because they disagree over what "cultural appropriation" is, they disagree over how to end joblessness, they disagree without end... because, liberals/leftists are inquisitive minds.

Conservatives just follow some core values, rarely disagree and are voting faithfully. And that's why we lose elections. To a conservative, a liberal is his worst enemy. The liberal's worst enemy is another liberal who is not walking on the True Path.

johns624

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:46 pm

The conservatives have this same problem. Anyone who doesn't agree with their position 100% is a RINO. Every time Trump appointed a new Cabinet member, all the Trumpers extolled how great they were --Tillerson, Mattis, etc. The moment they quit (abandoned) the administration or were fired, they were enemy scum.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:51 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
For conservatives (and even more so: fascists), loyalty and respecting hierarchy are higher values than a probing mind or seeking the truth. I've seen MANY battles between liberals and leftists because they disagree over what "cultural appropriation" is, they disagree over how to end joblessness, they disagree without end... because, liberals/leftists are inquisitive minds.

Conservatives just follow some core values, rarely disagree and are voting faithfully. And that's why we lose elections. To a conservative, a liberal is his worst enemy. The liberal's worst enemy is another liberal who is not walking on the True Path.

The GOP has become a political party where democratic principles are secondary to get and remain in power, no matter what. The vocal “Trumpist” wing has overshadowed the more moderate part and has moved the goalposts considerably. I see similarities with a “democratic” nation like Hungary, including cozying up with autocratic leaders.

GDB

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:56 pm

400 5th Amendment pleads, this from a man who used to say anyone who did this was guilty.
Plus it seems the FBI were working on inside information from the property.

johns624

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:31 pm

What I find fascinating is how they all dismiss news organizations like CNN and the WSJ, who have reporters, researchers and investigators. Yet, they believe totally sources with few if any field reporters like the gatewaypundit.com and citizenfreepress.com, who make up stories out of thin air.

Tugger

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:32 pm

What's crazy is that for some many former conservatives, now Trumplican's, the more wrong doing or illegal actions the politician or favored person (such and Trump or Jones or Carlson) preaches doing, the more they support them.
It's so backward from how actual conservatives and Republicans have historically been.

Tugg

seb146

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:44 pm

I wonder if copies were made of these classified documents and given to others outside the United States? I am not saying this absolutely happened, but I just wonder. Knowing the former administration, I wouldn't doubt it...

johns624

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:51 pm

Tugger wrote:
What's crazy is that for some many former conservatives, now Trumplican's, the more wrong doing or illegal actions the politician or favored person (such and Trump or Jones or Carlson) preaches doing, the more they support them.
It's so backward from how actual conservatives and Republicans have historically been.

Tugg
Just to add---they all think of themselves as good Christians, too. It's sorta like Trump is their Walter Mitty. The rich, powerful a-hole that they wish they could be but never will.

FGITD

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:48 pm

johns624 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg
Just to add---they all think of themselves as good Christians, too. It's sorta like Trump is their Walter Mitty. The rich, powerful a-hole that they wish they could be but never will.

Someday I'm sure the whole grift will be studied intensely. How did the literal personification of a "wealthy coastal elite" manage to convince so many Republicans that he was like them? You have lower class, blue collar workers literally crying...at great personal cost...at his door about the FBI raiding his country club home.

Personally I think it shows the shallowness of many right wing voters. Say the things they want to hear, and they'll vote for you. And if anything bad happens, just simply deny it forever. Honestly, I'm surprised no democrat-leaning candidates have gone in as fake republicans just to get elected. Look at Boebert, MTG, etc. Go to their regions and say "guns good, abortion evil, foreigners bad, democrats terrorists" and you're pretty much in.

CaptHadley

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:00 pm

Aw hell! The GQP screaming about the search affidavit not being released. So Garland says “ok, let’s do this” How long is it gonna take trumps legal team to say “hey um wait just a minute!” This stuff is awesome! The GQP are are just constant winners!!

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:04 pm

Those ideas have been seeded for more than 30 years, beginning with Rush Limbaugh, the shock jocks, and all the copycats that have come after him. He was one of the first to find out he had an instant audience, that was small at first but has grown with time. They began to dominate radio. Fox News learned the same for TV.

They get away with falsehoods because they claim it's opinion and thus entertainment. But is really propaganda, of the most corrupting kind. I've lost family members to it, through constant exposure.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:19 pm

CaptHadley wrote:
Aw hell! The GQP screaming about the search affidavit not being released. So Garland says “ok, let’s do this” How long is it gonna take trumps legal team to say “hey um wait just a minute!” This stuff is awesome! The GQP are are just constant winners!!

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

I think rather they are calling the Trump World bluff. Especially if the warrant contains an attachment that explains the potential criminal law violations being investigated.

Not that it will matter to Trump World, as they are not interested in facts. But it will confine the conspiracy theories to those quarters, which is about the best that can be done. Trump World is actually a minority of the GOP, they just are the most vocal. That's a feature of the Internet age, where anyone can grab the megaphone.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:35 pm

Here is a copy of the motion filed today to unseal the warrant.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... o-home.pdf

The Court has ordered the DoJ to confer with Trump lawyers on the release. Trump will have until 3 pm Friday to file an objection with the court.

Trump has the right to quash the release, if the Court agrees. But Trump World will no longer be able to say that the DoJ needs to explain their actions, as they are being prevented from doing so by Trump himself.

ltbewr

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:37 pm

Trump was served with a Grand Jury Subpoena several months ago for the classified documents retrieved by the FBI at his Mar-A-Lago home Monday. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... nts-source

USA AG Garland today defended the DOJ and FBI in for their actions at Mar-A-Largo and has applied to a Federal Court to have the search warrant, related documents and what was taken (likely not including details on security sensitive documents) unsealed and released to the public. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... nt-after-r trump-and-gop-lawmakers-attacked-the-fbi-for-raiding-mar-a-lago-they-are-patriotic-public-servants/ar-AA10zkxZ?ocid=U507DHP&pc=U507&cvid=0d8b0a28182e425290c74d0d117e4a33

flyingturtle

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:48 pm

seb146 wrote:
I wonder if copies were made of these classified documents and given to others outside the United States? I am not saying this absolutely happened, but I just wonder. Knowing the former administration, I wouldn't doubt it...

If I would sell top secret documents to foreign agents, I would do exactly as Trump has done: Request classified files on paper.

So, request documents on paper. Invite a Russian diplomat with a camera, who spends the night photographing the sheets. The diplomat then travels back. Due to his status, his baggage won't be searched for the SD card...

You cannot trace a document once you printed it out. But any good computer system which is designed to handle classified files would store checksums of every document you open, copy, change, edit, save, compress, send and whatever. It would provide a seamless documentation of whatever you did with any file.

"...wonder if copies were made..."

Of course not. Every photocopier made since the 2000ies has a hard disk, with a cache that intermittently stores everything you copy. You simply do not scan or photocopy a document if you want to slurp it to your favorite Russian agent. The FBI and any other agency know how to surreptitiously exchange the hard disk of a photocopier, either to steal data, or to covertly investigate suspicious document handling.

You buy a mid-range camera for 200 to 300 bucks, a fresh SD card, and start photographing the sheets.

That way you can destroy the evidence much better.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:40 pm

An armed man with an AR-15 and a nail gun tried to gain access to an FBI office in Cincinnati. A chase ensued and gunfire was exchanged with officers, before the man was arrested.

This is what results from the kind of commentary that has emerged from Trump World over the last few days.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/11/us/cinci ... index.html

B717fan
Topic Author

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:50 pm

An armed man with an AR-15 and a nail gun tried to gain access to an FBI office in Cincinnati. A chase ensued and gunfire was exchanged with officers, before the man was arrested.

This is what results from the kind of commentary that has emerged from Trump World over the last few days.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/11/us/cinci ... index.html

That man is now dead. Law enforcement shot him.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:56 pm

B717fan wrote:

Such a tragedy. This man very likely died because of a lie that he was told. Lies have consequences. Truth matters.
Last edited by Avatar2go on Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyingturtle

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:01 pm

Such a tragedy. This man very likely died because of a lie that he was told. Lies have consequences Truth matters.

Trump will either doom the Republican party, or he will doom the entire United States.

The GOP has actually a choice. It can, in a bold move, cut all ties with the Trump fascism. But then it will suffer dramatically in the votes to come.

Trump hasn't. He and his apprentices can not stop lying and fomenting hate. There are laws that don't apply to him, but to everybody else.

Faithful adherence to the rule of law is the bedrock principle of the Justice Department and of our democracy. Upholding the rule of law means applying the law evenly, without fear or favor. - M. G.

Kent350787

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:19 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
Such a tragedy. This man very likely died because of a lie that he was told. Lies have consequences Truth matters.

Trump will either doom the Republican party, or he will doom the entire United States.

The GOP has actually a choice. It can, in a bold move, cut all ties with the Trump fascism. But then it will suffer dramatically in the votes to come.

Trump hasn't. He and his apprentices can not stop lying and fomenting hate. There are laws that don't apply to him, but to everybody else.

Faithful adherence to the rule of law is the bedrock principle of the Justice Department and of our democracy. Upholding the rule of law means applying the law evenly, without fear or favor. - M. G.

I suspect it will take an unsuccessful Trump bid in 2024 for the GoP to move back to defending democracy rather than supporting populist authoriatarianism.

That said, the Dems need to be prepared to fight a more clever GoP nominee than Trump, albeit one with similar tendencies.

ACDC8

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:19 pm

B717fan wrote:

Such a tragedy. This man very likely died because of a lie that he was told. Lies have consequences. Truth matters.

Sad thing is that it'll get spun that he died as a true "Patriot" :sarcastic:

Tugger

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:37 pm

flyingturtle wrote:

I just cannot believe how a two-bit charlatan like Trump is the one that could do such a thing. He was able to engender such obsequious followers who just care nothing about the country and only care about him. It is insane!

Tugg

Aaron747

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:50 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
B717fan wrote:

Sad thing is that it'll get spun that he died as a true "Patriot" :sarcastic:

The perp's social media trail shows he was completely manic about defending Trump and 'tyranny'. Other MAGA were disagreeing with his calls to violence

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/ ... 4BfWI8u5zw

Aaron747

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:51 pm

Tugger wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:

I just cannot believe how a two-bit charlatan like Trump is the one that could do such a thing. He was able to engender such obsequious followers who just care nothing about the country and only care about him. It is insane!

Tugg

It's because a parallel track of reality has developed in the country, fed largely by online disinformation and manipulative charlatans like Trump, his family, and media actors like Bannon, Limbaugh etc. For these people everything happening in that universe is real. Definitely a cult, just a new type.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:59 pm

Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Insane, yes, but typical for a cult of personality. Those people will follow their dear leader, even into death.

The thing that distinguishes true leadership from a personality, is that the leader will reject the notion of truth being associated with them personally, but rather with the factual case they present. That is the highest intellectual and moral esteem one can have for the audience.

The personality will do the opposite, as associating truth with themselves is essential to avoiding a factual case. Success depends on the non-factual.

Tugger

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:04 am

Gotta love how Fox News spins things like this. Totally disingenuous:
https://web.archive.org/web/20220812001 ... xnews.com/

As if "The judge really showed THEM! Those fools!"

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:12 am

Aaron747 wrote:

The perp's social media trail shows he was completely manic about defending Trump and 'tyranny'. Other MAGA were disagreeing with his calls to violence

This at least explains the nail gun. He thought it would penetrate bulletproof glass, so as to gain entry to the building, but it didn't work.

ACDC8

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:12 am

Tugger wrote:
Gotta love how Fox News spins things like this. Totally disingenuous:
https://www.foxnews.com/

As if "The judge really showed THEM! Those fools!"

Tugg

The funny thing about the argument about this being a "witch hunt" by the Democrats is that it would most likely end up being counter productive for them anyways.

I will admit, any political part including the Democrats aren't exactly the brightest of the bunch, but even they realize that if it were even possible to have made all this up just to try and discredit Trump, it just strengthens the red ball cap wearing loons even more which is a very real threat to the Dems (never mind the Nation as a whole).

Aaron747

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:13 am

Aaron747 wrote:

This at least explains the nail gun. He thought it would penetrate bulletproof glass, so as to gain entry to the building, but it didn't work.

It also shows how far gone these people are. What would killing FBI in an Ohio field office unrelated to the case accomplish?

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:19 am

Aaron747 wrote:

It also shows how far gone these people are. What would killing FBI in an Ohio field office unrelated to the case accomplish?

They've been conned into a reversal of truth. They believe the people who protect them, are the enemy, while the person who is the true danger, is their defender. It's how you turn a population against themselves.

That playbook is not new, it's recognizable to anyone familiar with the history of the last 120 years.

ACDC8

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:28 am

Not that I want to draw any parallels here, but the resemblance is uncanny:

Both Chancellor Palpatine and Trump want to overthrow democracy and reign in overall power and authority.
Both Chancellor Palpatine and Trump want to amass their own army of mindless idiots.
Chancellor Palpatine always had an apprentice, Trump had a show picking out an apprentice.
Chancellor Palpatine wants the Jedi destroyed, Trump wants the Dems destroyed.
Chancellor Palpatine executes Order 66 - Trump tries to overthrow the Government on Jan 6th.

Might have to brush up on my Star Wars to see what Palpatrumps next move is :rotfl:
Last edited by ACDC8 on Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

johns624

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:33 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

He'd probably never been 50 miles from home. He figured that if all the crazies shot up their local FBI office, they'd get them all.
PS-I love stories with happy endings. "He died doing what he loved" (being an idiot).

luckyone

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

People like this guy would’ve found another way, eventually, to pick up his cross. This was just his raison d’etre of convenience.

ACDC8

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:37 am

Aaron747 wrote:

Truly feel sorry for people like this - blindly believing their lies while strapping explosives to their chests in the hopes they'll be greeted by a dozen virgins as they die a "martyr".

johns624

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:52 am

These people have been talking about a revolution ever since Obama (the non-American) was elected in 2008. They preceded Trump, they just found a leader in him. They only know him from reality TV on The Apprentice. Luckily, 99.9% are fat, lazy old blowhards who won't/can't get out of their recliners due to their beer guts.

ACDC8

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:14 am

johns624 wrote:
These people have been talking about a revolution ever since Obama (the non-American) was elected in 2008. They preceded Trump, they just found a leader in him. They only know him from reality TV on The Apprentice. Luckily, 99.9% are fat, lazy old blowhards who won't/can't get out of their recliners due to their beer guts.

Trump got them fired up about Obama as well, the whole “birther” rhetoric. He kept going on and on about how he had “evidence” that Obama wasn’t born in the US and his “team” was going to make it public in a couple of weeks.

Still waiting for that “evidence” he promised everyone lol

CaptHadley

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:44 am

Searching for nuclear documents you say? Hmmm.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/11/politics ... index.html

ltbewr

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:25 am

CaptHadley wrote:

Per the above link, the Washington Post is reporting from its sources that apparently extremely classified documents as to nuclear weapons, related areas and intelligence information as to our or foreign governments were among the most critical sought in the search and seizure at Mar-A-Largo on Monday. These documents are supposed to be in extremely secure safes or lockboxes, with very specific and limited access, not in some flimsy locked room and for sure never with Trump.
We don't know if any of these documents as to nuclear secrets were improperly unclassified by Trump while President, and even then would require others agencies to participate. Worse of all is a major compromise of our national security or that of other counties if any of them or information in them got leaked to our enemies like Russia or 'friends' like Saudi Arabia. If this is true, other severe felony federal laws apply and should cause the immediate arrest and in jail without bail until after trial and hopefully end up dying in jail.

Aaron747

Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:16 am

ltbewr wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

Per the above link, the Washington Post is reporting from its sources that apparently extremely classified documents as to nuclear weapons, related areas and intelligence information as to our or foreign governments were among the most critical sought in the search and seizure at Mar-A-Largo on Monday. These documents are supposed to be in extremely secure safes or lockboxes, with very specific and limited access, not in some flimsy locked room and for sure never with Trump.
We don't know if any of these documents as to nuclear secrets were improperly unclassified by Trump while President, and even then would require others agencies to participate. Worse of all is a major compromise of our national security or that of other counties if any of them or information in them got leaked to our enemies like Russia or 'friends' like Saudi Arabia. If this is true, other severe felony federal laws apply and should cause the immediate arrest and in jail without bail until after trial and hopefully end up dying in jail.

Kushner was in deep with deals to sell nuclear tech to his Saudi buddies, so who really knows?

FLYFIRSTCLASS

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:22 am

ltbewr wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
If this is true, other severe felony federal laws apply and should cause the immediate arrest and in jail without bail until after trial and hopefully end up dying in jail.

But but but Hillary and her emails. Obama fake birth certificate. Hunter Biden.... Lets face it. Trump will never see the inside of a jail much less even arrested. He could admit to it today, and be reelected tomorrow. His supporters don't care.

seb146

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:35 am

flyingturtle wrote:
seb146 wrote:

If I would sell top secret documents to foreign agents, I would do exactly as Trump has done: Request classified files on paper.

So, request documents on paper. Invite a Russian diplomat with a camera, who spends the night photographing the sheets. The diplomat then travels back. Due to his status, his baggage won't be searched for the SD card...

You cannot trace a document once you printed it out. But any good computer system which is designed to handle classified files would store checksums of every document you open, copy, change, edit, save, compress, send and whatever. It would provide a seamless documentation of whatever you did with any file.

"...wonder if copies were made..."

Of course not. Every photocopier made since the 2000ies has a hard disk, with a cache that intermittently stores everything you copy. You simply do not scan or photocopy a document if you want to slurp it to your favorite Russian agent. The FBI and any other agency know how to surreptitiously exchange the hard disk of a photocopier, either to steal data, or to covertly investigate suspicious document handling.

You buy a mid-range camera for 200 to 300 bucks, a fresh SD card, and start photographing the sheets.

That way you can destroy the evidence much better.

I don't know if he would have that knowledge. I imagine one of his minions like Steve Bannon or Stephen Miller or someone would have thought that up. I am simply speculating.

seb146

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:37 am

ACDC8 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Trump got them fired up about Obama as well, the whole “birther” rhetoric. He kept going on and on about how he had “evidence” that Obama wasn’t born in the US and his “team” was going to make it public in a couple of weeks.

Still waiting for that “evidence” he promised everyone lol

We got health care for all (watered down so Republicans would pretend to care) and marriage equality while Obama was in office. MAGA gave us tax cuts for the very wealthy and stripping health care and voting rights and women's health care rights.

Still waiting for the tax returns, too. Remember he said he would release his tax returns after he was elected. Still waiting.......

N14AZ

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:26 am

ltbewr wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

LOCK HIM UP!
LOCK HIM UP!

Seriously, if true, how can you be so stupid to make such a mistake?