Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Kiwirob

Re: Finnish Prime-minister suspected of drug use after dancing like a normal person at a party

Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:55 am

GDB wrote:
AeroVega wrote:
GDB wrote:

Oh how terrible. Downing Street you say?
Under the current but departing sleazeball it was sleaze of the important kind, ground zero.
Large scale lockdown lawbreaking, illegal donations for gaudy, hugely expensive decorations. Tip of the iceberg knowing Johnson.

Totally different situation. Nobody came to Johnson's defense saying his behaviour was normal.

GDB wrote:
So why would anyone care about what two consenting adults are doing?

There is a difference between doing something in private and doing something in public, at the official prime minister's residence, and letting yourself be photographed doing it. Of course it was not Marin in that picture, kissing another woman bare-breasted while letting yourself be photographed, but I guess you would have been perfectly OK with that as well.

Wrong. Plenty did, most of his government and MP’s, until it became too much, the then head of the Metropolitan Police (old university friend) had to have covered it up, another notch for Cover Up Cressida.
A majority of the nasty selfish old git’s, otherwise known as the 160,000 members of the Tory Party, who don’t want him to leave.

Given the circumstances, yes I think actual lawbreaking by those who made the same laws IS more important than some not illegal stuff between consenting adults.

To be fair when you look at the absolute disaster who is likely to replace Boris keeping Bozo is almost the lesser evil.

Kiwirob

Re: Finnish Prime-minister suspected of drug use after dancing like a normal person at a party

Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:00 am

art wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Why would anyone be outraged by seeing bear breasts?

I don't want to see bear breasts or bare breasts but you do you. Free the nipples. God/Allah/Yaweh/Krishna/FSM/Satan made us in His image so let's celebrate that.

As far as the Finnish PM and her friends having a good time, why not?

What a fuss is made in some countries over partial nudity. In some European countries bare breasts are no big deal.

It’s changed, it you went to a beach in Scandinavia 90’s titties everywhere, since the advent of cellphone cameras I haven’t seen a topless woman at Norwegian beach for more years than I can count.

GDB

Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:04 am

Kiwirob wrote:
GDB wrote:
AeroVega wrote:
Totally different situation. Nobody came to Johnson's defense saying his behaviour was normal.

There is a difference between doing something in private and doing something in public, at the official prime minister's residence, and letting yourself be photographed doing it. Of course it was not Marin in that picture, kissing another woman bare-breasted while letting yourself be photographed, but I guess you would have been perfectly OK with that as well.

Wrong. Plenty did, most of his government and MP’s, until it became too much, the then head of the Metropolitan Police (old university friend) had to have covered it up, another notch for Cover Up Cressida.
A majority of the nasty selfish old git’s, otherwise known as the 160,000 members of the Tory Party, who don’t want him to leave.

Given the circumstances, yes I think actual lawbreaking by those who made the same laws IS more important than some not illegal stuff between consenting adults.

To be fair when you look at the absolute disaster who is likely to replace Boris keeping Bozo is almost the lesser evil.

Ah yes, Continuity Boris.
What a difference with the Finnish PM, who speaks English in a clearer, more concise way than Thick Lizzie.

ReverseFlow

Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:57 am

I was wondering about these photos/videos.
You had one come out then two more.
- Was it because as one cand out the others thought they could cash in on them
- Or were things hacked and leaked in a row to discredit?

I mean there are people/countries around/near Finland who don't like them joining NATO etc.
And in these countries the social acceptance is different (homophobic laws etc) so perhaps they thought it would work in Finland, too.

art

Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:48 am

From the thread about the Australian PM...

...he is a strong cultural fit with both the electorate he represents and the electorate in which he lives. The most recent times I've seen him in public have been at live gigs with a beer in hand...

Does not sound too critical. How come when Marin behaves like the electorate she represents and the electorate in which she lives, it is seen as unacceptable by some? Boys will be boys OK but girls will be girls not OK?

M564038
Topic Author

Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:17 am

That is probably exactly how it works.
And we in the west need to resist biting on this kind of bullshit.

ReverseFlow wrote:
I was wondering about these photos/videos.
You had one come out then two more.
- Was it because as one cand out the others thought they could cash in on them
- Or were things hacked and leaked in a row to discredit?

I mean there are people/countries around/near Finland who don't like them joining NATO etc.
And in these countries the social acceptance is different (homophobic laws etc) so perhaps they thought it would work in Finland, too.

Jalap

Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:54 pm

M564038 wrote:
This led political opponents suspecting her of not taking her job seriously,

It is the opposition pushing this?
Seems more like press jumping on a story to sell newspapers. Quite succesfully, since it made the papers pretty much worldwide.
While the actual value of the story is zero.
A video of a prime minister having dinner with lobbyists would have better news value. And better reason to be critical.

In the end, I'm quite sure it won't cost her 1 vote when elections come.

And as the "face of the country", she's done a nice job in opening a new view on nightlife in Finland.
Don't forget we all had a laugh with the joke that Finnish people were unhappy with the 2m covid distancing, for that would be way to close even in normal circumstances. This joke fits the view people have of Finland & the Finnish people. Some counterweight was long overdue.

seb146

Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:13 pm

Jalap wrote:
M564038 wrote:
This led political opponents suspecting her of not taking her job seriously,

Seems more like press jumping on a story to sell newspapers. Quite succesfully, since it made the papers pretty much worldwide.
While the actual value of the story is zero.
A video of a prime minister having dinner with lobbyists would have better news value. And better reason to be critical.

In the end, I'm quite sure it won't cost her 1 vote when elections come.

And as the "face of the country", she's done a nice job in opening a new view on nightlife in Finland.
Don't forget we all had a laugh with the joke that Finnish people were unhappy with the 2m covid distancing, for that would be way to close even in normal circumstances. This joke fits the view people have of Finland & the Finnish people. Some counterweight was long overdue.

Several years ago, I was really into Finnish and Estonian electronic music. I now have a renewed interest in the scene thanks to this!

petertenthije

Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:38 pm

Jalap wrote:

I think it’s more likely that russia is pushing this.

Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:00 pm

The Finnish government has absolved Sanna Marin of any official misconduct in her partying activities this summer. They found she did not neglect or put at risk her official duties.

They did not address the morality if her activities, saying that was a political argument best left to Parliament and the populace.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ng-footage

lxman1

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:58 pm

I'm not a party kind of person, but I have no issue with the video. People need a release from daily stress. Nothing wrong with hanging out with friends and letting off some steam. Without this, one can drive themself mad from all of the pent up stress. Some people find the dumbest stuff to get their panties in an uproar. She is human and acts like one.