Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

M564038
Topic Author

Finnish Prime-minister suspected of drug use after dancing like a normal person at a party

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:16 pm

Title says it.
The finish prime minister was filmed while dancing like a normal person at a party with her friends in what looks like what looks like a friend's modest 2 room apartment.
This led political opponents suspecting her of not taking her job seriously, possible drug use, and demanding a test. Which she agreed to and did today.

Was Trump ever drug-tested in public? Putin? Boris Johnson? I am quite sure they did/do stranger things than dancing at parties with normal people in a normal apartement...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l21A3tS6_vs

jetwet1

Re: Finnish Prime-minister suspected of drug use after dancing like a normal person at a party

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:39 pm

Based on the title, I was expecting son article from The Onion.

So the Prime Minister let her hair down and has to take a drug test.

Compared to what I see in Vegas every weekend from people her age, that was mild.

casinterest

Re: Finnish Prime-minister suspected of drug use after dancing like a normal person at a party

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:24 pm

Sexism and ageism at it's finest. Whether she had drugs or not, it is not a requirement of all politicians is it?

Dutchy

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:42 pm

casinterest wrote:
Sexism and ageism at it's finest. Whether she had drugs or not, it is not a requirement of all politicians is it?

Indeed, just a political trap, and she fell for it. It is none of anybody's business what she does in her spare time.

LabQuest

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:43 pm

Having fun with friends is now ILLEGAL.

SL1200MK2

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:17 pm

I remember AOC got skewered for dancing as well.

ACDC8

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:21 pm

I'd expect a story and reaction like this if it was a political figure in the US or Canada (heaven forbid they have a glass of wine or pint of beer) but from Finland? Didn't realize they were as stuck up as we are over here.

johns624

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:16 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
I'd expect a story and reaction like this if it was a political figure in the US or Canada (heaven forbid they have a glass of wine or pint of beer) but from Finland? Didn't realize they were as stuck up as we are over here.
Every country has an Opposition. Whether they privately have a problem with it doesn't matter if it helps them politically.

ACDC8

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:26 pm

johns624 wrote:
Every country has an Opposition. Whether they privately have a problem with it doesn't matter if it helps them politically.

The opposition in most other countries don't try to make a spectacle out of nothing because they know exactly that its nothing and have nothing to gain.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:42 pm

It's just a political circus. Also says something about the stereotype of politicians needing to be old and stodgy. I think it's healthy for a person of her age to be doing this. Same thing for the photo shoot, same thing for the music festival photo earlier this year.

The COVID thing was not great because she was caught out ignoring her own policy. But the same could be said for a dozen or more politicians in the US, and just about everyone else as well.

She'll get past this. It's mostly stupidity and ignorance on the part of others.

ACDC8

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:04 pm

The COVID thing was not great because she was caught out ignoring her own policy.

Thats one thing, if they flaunt their own rules or morals. Kind of like our former leader of our Green Party preaching the whole fossil powered car mantra, a week later, she's parading around in a Dodge Viper. If it was anyone else, whatever, but for someone who's whole political platform is war on oil, that made it news worthy.

TWA772LR

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:15 pm

Good thing I don't plan on running for office because I'll be drug tested not for partying but bad dancing.

Braybuddy

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:22 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
The opposition in most other countries don't try to make a spectacle out of nothing because they know exactly that its nothing and have nothing to gain.

I'd have to disagree here. Opposition's job is to oppose, no matter where they are. Muckraking comes with the job.

Casual drug use is pretty much the norm nowadays, and if people who do, or have done drugs are going to be excluded from office, there won't be many politicians left in ten or twenty years. As long as it's not a problem for her, and she can do her job, it shouldn't be a problem.

ACDC8

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:43 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
I'd have to disagree here. Opposition's job is to oppose, no matter where they are. Muckraking comes with the job.

Casual drug use is pretty much the norm nowadays, and if people who do, or have done drugs are going to be excluded from office, there won't be many politicians left in ten or twenty years. As long as it's not a problem for her, and she can do her job, it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, I know what the "job" of the opposition is. My point is that this level of nothing opposition usually isn't seen outside of North America.

bennett123

Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:29 am

Did she test positive?.

Braybuddy

Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:47 am

ACDC8 wrote:
Yeah, I know what the "job" of the opposition is. My point is that this level of nothing opposition usually isn't seen outside of North America.

I'm not sure how low that level is, but we had an opposition-led controversy over a political golf event two years ago where it was alleged Covid rules were breached (they weren't). It went on for the entire summer. Last year there was another brouhaha over the intended appointment of a former government minister as a UN human rights envoy. Last month we've had another one over the president's wife writing a letter to the Irish Times asking for talks between Ukraine and Russia.

Riveting stuff . . .

GDB

Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:06 am

bennett123 wrote:
Did she test positive?.

She took the test results expected next week.
Seems an effective and popular PM, taking Finland into NATO, however never underestimate how threatening a successful younger female politician is to many, she is no crackpot Marjorie Taylor Greene that's for sure.
Their political system tends not to produce them, neither their renowned education system.

Not than we can be too smug, look what 0.042% of the UK electorate, almost all wealthy and elderly members of the Tory party, are about to elect as leader of their party and so between general elections PM, a grinning but nasty nonentity.

Aesma

Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:43 am

Braybuddy wrote:
ACDC8 wrote:

Oppose policies, yes. Oppose behaviour, that's more risky. Criticizing something clearly outrageous and done while on the job, sure, but here, it's her private life. If you do that, you better be sure everyone in your party can't have the same "dirt" dug up about them. I would guess that's not the case, so just shut up.

It might also help her in the polls, that's not usually the job of the opposition to end up helping...

NIKV69

Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:20 am

She sure is hot though. As for her behavior as head of state I think you should conduct yourself a little more professionally or not video it.

M564038
Topic Author

Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:38 pm

Well, I think we have identified the problem!

NIKV69 wrote:
She sure is hot though. As for her behavior as head of state I think you should conduct yourself a little more professionally or not video it.

Kno

Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:31 pm

I’m all for having partying politicians, the only thing I’m not a fan of is the era of let’s make a mini movie out of everything.

By everyone constantly documenting everything on their phone people have forgotten to be present and enjoy.

Concert goers are the worst offenders. Nobody even looks at the stage anymore, everyone just films the show on their rectangle watching through their little camera - all so they can record a video that fails so capture the magic of the moment and they’ll probably never watch again

pune

Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Kno wrote:
I’m all for having partying politicians, the only thing I’m not a fan of is the era of let’s make a mini movie out of everything.

By everyone constantly documenting everything on their phone people have forgotten to be present and enjoy.

Concert goers are the worst offenders. Nobody even looks at the stage anymore, everyone just films the show on their rectangle watching through their little camera - all so they can record a video that fails to capture the magic of the moment and they’ll probably never watch again

I know exactly what you mean. I have seen this happen too often and have seen and heard tragedies happening. I live in a State that has some beautiful vistas, especially in this season. And every year, at least a dozen or more young people die while taking photos/videos of the scenery around them. It is a tragedy :(

What a person may do or not in their own time after office hours is nobody's concern but theirs only. I think this would be more in democracies though where people are constantly under a scanner. In dictatorships, a dictator can easily crush cameras or whatnot without any consequence. If you forget to have fun, be human then don't think you can do justice to anything. You become unfeeling. We have seen a greek tragedy that goes by the name of the UK Royal Family for centuries.

SL1200MK2

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:50 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Ask her out, bro. I bet she likes your type and I have a feeling you have a way with the ladies

GDB

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:51 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

How can she be a Prime Minister AND Head Of State?
A crash course below, my take of this is for a relatively young country in it's present from, it's been mature enough to not be scared of change, the latest Constitution being drafted in 2000.
(They don't delude themselves it's from Jesus or some other GOP fever dream).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Finland

I cannot think of a Finnish female PM without Sally Phillip's role as one in Veep;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAItaBPQHAs

santi319

Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:43 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

This is almost like a satire but its not!

ltbewr

Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:32 pm

Sadly the internet, social media, a camera on a phone in everyone's pocket or purse, too many haters, is making it impossible to avoid any chance of not being caught acting the slightest bit doing something fun or dumb.

cpd

Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:13 am

Aesma wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
ACDC8 wrote:

Oppose policies, yes. Oppose behaviour, that's more risky. Criticizing something clearly outrageous and done while on the job, sure, but here, it's her private life. If you do that, you better be sure everyone in your party can't have the same "dirt" dug up about them. I would guess that's not the case, so just shut up.

It might also help her in the polls, that's not usually the job of the opposition to end up helping...

It’s what they all do, they all dig up dirt and sometimes collaborate with media to get the dirt and dish it out. It’s a terrible tactic, but it’s the low standards we expect of politics now.

As for her, what my thoughts were from my deleted reply is that if she’s doing her job properly, then so what?

Redd

Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:02 am

M564038 wrote:
Title says it.
The finish prime minister was filmed while dancing like a normal person at a party with her friends in what looks like what looks like a friend's modest 2 room apartment.
This led political opponents suspecting her of not taking her job seriously, possible drug use, and demanding a test. Which she agreed to and did today.

Was Trump ever drug-tested in public? Putin? Boris Johnson? I am quite sure they did/do stranger things than dancing at parties with normal people in a normal apartement...

I don't know if normal people cheat, if cheating is normal. Because that dude who was kissing her neck wasn't her husband. Definitely not how a prime minister of any country should be acting. A prime minister isn't a 'normal' person.

M564038
Topic Author

Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:11 am

Why not, exactly? Come on, I am curious.

Redd wrote:
M564038 wrote:
Title says it.

I don't know if normal people cheat, if cheating is normal. Because that dude who was kissing her neck wasn't her husband. Definitely not how a prime minister of any country should be acting. A prime minister isn't a 'normal' person.

AeroVega

Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:37 am

M564038 wrote:

Because she is the face of a nation.

Redd

Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:38 am

M564038 wrote:

Redd wrote:
M564038 wrote:
Title says it.

Why isn't cheating normal, is that what youi're asking?

Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:11 am

Redd wrote:
M564038 wrote:

Redd wrote:

She was hardly "cheating". The guy leaned in to nuzzle her neck, she put her arm between them and pushed him away. I've seen guys do much, much worse on the dance floor. Unwanted advances are nothing new for attractive women. She handled it firmly but with grace, and they separated shortly after.

Remarks like this show that there are still people, even in the Western world, who believe attention from men is the woman's fault. It's obviously not the guy's fault for acting inappropriately, or for pushing her boundaries, or for thinking he has any right to do so.

For people who think this way, there are entire countries & religions that revolve around those beliefs. I'm sure they would welcome you.

Kiwirob

Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:13 am

This is ridiculous, she had fun at a party with friends, it’s not like she started an OnlyFans page.

All those saying she can’t do her job, Churchill drank himself stupid every night and still managed to guide the UK effectively through WW2.

Kiwirob

Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:49 am

Redd wrote:
M564038 wrote:

She was hardly "cheating". The guy leaned in to nuzzle her neck, she put her arm between them and pushed him away. I've seen guys do much, much worse on the dance floor. Unwanted advances are nothing new for attractive women. She handled it firmly but with grace, and they separated shortly after.

Remarks like this show that there are still people, even in the Western world, who believe attention from men is the woman's fault. It's obviously not the guy's fault for acting inappropriately, or for pushing her boundaries, or for thinking he has any right to do so.

Isn’t the guy her husband?

scbriml

Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:19 am

SL1200MK2 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Ask her out, bro. I bet she likes your type and I have a feeling you have a way with the ladies

I think his preference is for a different type of professionalism.

Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:07 am

Kiwirob wrote:

Isn’t the guy her husband?

No, the guy is a pop star, Olavi Uusivirta. She parties with a lot of celebrities, and I'm sure he is an acquaintance. 4 am after consumption of alcohol, he got a little too friendly while dancing. She rebuffed him without making a scene, and that was it.

It's easy to take this out of context and allege something more, which is what the scandal rags do.

B777LRF

Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:15 am

What the world need is more young female PMs who dances, not less. If your prudish sensibilities are offended by that, suggest going back a century or two to feel more comfortable with women living their lives in the shadows.

M564038
Topic Author

Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:02 pm

And what is the problem, exactly?
AeroVega wrote:
M564038 wrote:

M564038
Topic Author

Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:04 pm

There is no videos of the finnish prime minister cheating on her husband, which by the way would be none of your business unless you are her husband.

What is she doing wrong in the Video, Redd?
Redd wrote:
M564038 wrote:

Redd wrote:

art

Horror!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:48 pm

M564038 wrote:
There is no videos of the finnish prime minister cheating on her husband,...

It is a video of a party-goer at a party with friends, isn't it? Nothing wrong with that, is there? Is not all the attention simply because she is an attractive young woman who is a prime minister and was videoed at a party? Without video of her, this would hardly be newsworthy, would it? I don't see newspaper headlines of this ilk:

Shock! Horror! Finnish PM attends a party and dances!

M564038
Topic Author

Re: Horror!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:17 pm

I have unfortunately seen lots of those headlines over the last few days.

art wrote:
M564038 wrote:
There is no videos of the finnish prime minister cheating on her husband,...

It is a video of a party-goer at a party with friends, isn't it? Nothing wrong with that, is there? Is not all the attention simply because she is an attractive young woman who is a prime minister and was videoed at a party? Without video of her, this would hardly be newsworthy, would it? I don't see newspaper headlines of this ilk:

Shock! Horror! Finnish PM attends a party and dances!

AeroVega

Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:36 pm

M564038 wrote:
AeroVega wrote:
M564038 wrote:

You were asking why the Finnish prime minister is not a 'normal' person. You got your answer.

BTW. Try to put your questions below the statement you are responding to. It is very confusing to follow the discussion otherwise.

AeroVega

Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:19 pm

Let me put the discussion in the right order because your continuous top posting is just confusing.

M564038 wrote:
Redd wrote:

Redd claimed "A prime minister isn't a 'normal' person" and your response was "Why not, exactly."

This is the last response you get from me if you keep on top posting.

Redd

Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:34 pm

M564038 wrote:

Well there's the not-her-husband dude licking or kissing her neck. If you don't consider that cheating, I have the world's biggest cuckold badge to send you.

Aesma

Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:51 pm

The man is doing something, not her. Well apparently she pushed him back. Also, it's up to her husband to decide if he's being cheated on.

The US is obsessed by these kinds of story, and in the end the wives often stay with the cheaters anyway, it's kind of ridiculous.

Kiwirob

Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:11 pm

M564038 wrote:
AeroVega wrote:
M564038 wrote:

She’s just the PM, she’s not the head of state. This is a storm in a teacup.

GDB

Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:41 pm

Apparently this is off topic;
https://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/finland/

I disagree, since inevitably some who are not members of Finnish opposition parties, might ask 'what sort of country has a PM like that?'
So young, in the eyes of some, irresponsible.

To me it's a riposte to those getting on their high horse about this whole thing.

M564038
Topic Author

Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:46 pm

The video shows a drunk guy being gently pushed aside, so it’s hard to tell what you’re on about.
There seem to be a certain fixation on other people’s sex life, though.
Redd wrote:
M564038 wrote:

Well there's the not-her-husband dude licking or kissing her neck. If you don't consider that cheating, I have the world's biggest cuckold badge to send you.

Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:45 pm

So we are to assume that 'other' politicians do not partake in these behaviours (since 2 videos have now surfaced) and that they are holier than thou, just because someone didn't whip out their smartphone and post it on the www?

Sheeesh. The media and the opposition should just get a grip and chill out and move on.

Next.

PS - IMHO this should not and will not Finnish her political career.... (sorry, just had to get that in there) :D

Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm

Redd wrote:

You've already been informed as to the true nature of what happened. Here is confirmation from Olavi.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/le ... b1d44720d9

You can keep pushing the lie here, or you can accept the truth. Your call.