Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
johns624
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:56 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
johns624 wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

I would assume this guy probably lost his job as soon as the story got so much media attention, and that would be just the start.
Why would you assume that?


Most companies would do it as damage control, given the wide spread media coverage any company would use this to say "Our (former) employee broke the law and we took immediate action we do not stand for this type of activity."

For the most part the USA is rather prude, and this type of behavior is not tolerated. Also in the past week as well many arrests were made in Las Vegas for the same thing.
I never saw mentioned what company he works for, so what's the foul?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24955
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:41 am

IADCA wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I am all for ending human trafficking but there needs to be a fine line. This guy's marriage is over, maybe, but why should the rest of his life be? Per the article, he solicited an adult. Give him a ticket and move on.


No one will want to hire him, just google his name and it comes up dozens of times. As my background in HR with a company having someone with a sex crime conviction is a HUGE liability. I think most females would feel very uncomfortable working with him. I doubt it will be just a ticket, I think in Florida it's a year in jail.


This attitude is a big part of why consensual sex work among adults should be de-criminalized.

Unless there's a minor or someone non-consenting involved, this is a victimless crime. Why should tax dollars be used prosecuting crimes in which there is no victim?

And why should employers care about a guy who did something that...wait for it...had no victim? If you don't want to hire a dude who cheats on his wife, fine. But this isn't someone who harassed a co-worker or aggressively propositioned a stranger at McDonalds. Like, why should shit like this be the Gossip Department's (uh, sorry, HR's) business?

EDIT: Also, as someone with hire/fire authority, I wouldn't can this dude, nor would I can the woman involved.


Agreed. If they are all consenting adults, why does the government need to legislate morality? There was a guy at work that was cheating on his wife. A side chick, not a prostitute. What's the difference? Both consenting adults. One should have his life ended because there was money involved and literally no other difference?
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Topic Author
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:26 am

johns624 wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Why would you assume that?


Most companies would do it as damage control, given the wide spread media coverage any company would use this to say "Our (former) employee broke the law and we took immediate action we do not stand for this type of activity."

For the most part the USA is rather prude, and this type of behavior is not tolerated. Also in the past week as well many arrests were made in Las Vegas for the same thing.
I never saw mentioned what company he works for, so what's the foul?


The widespread media coverage, no doubt all his co workers will know and thats the problem. Many will hav problems continuing to work with him and not feel uncomfortable.
 
IADCA
Posts: 2724
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:24 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:15 am

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
johns624 wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

Most companies would do it as damage control, given the wide spread media coverage any company would use this to say "Our (former) employee broke the law and we took immediate action we do not stand for this type of activity."

For the most part the USA is rather prude, and this type of behavior is not tolerated. Also in the past week as well many arrests were made in Las Vegas for the same thing.
I never saw mentioned what company he works for, so what's the foul?


The widespread media coverage, no doubt all his co workers will know and thats the problem. Many will hav problems continuing to work with him and not feel uncomfortable.


I think you severely overestimate how much most people care about people patronizing hookers. If anything, at many workplaces it'd be more uncomfortable for him given the amount of mocking he'd get.

I get that you work in HR and want to immediate terminate anyone who was ever even accused of anything remotely untoward, especially if it involves a penis in any manner (is typing the word "penis" a firing offense in your book?) and regardless of whether it has anything at all to do with the workplace, but that's not actually how most places operate. HR gets laughed at by many people because of attitudes like yours.
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 14427
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:16 am

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
johns624 wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

Most companies would do it as damage control, given the wide spread media coverage any company would use this to say "Our (former) employee broke the law and we took immediate action we do not stand for this type of activity."

For the most part the USA is rather prude, and this type of behavior is not tolerated. Also in the past week as well many arrests were made in Las Vegas for the same thing.
I never saw mentioned what company he works for, so what's the foul?


The widespread media coverage, no doubt all his co workers will know and thats the problem. Many will hav problems continuing to work with him and not feel uncomfortable.


Why would you feel uncomfortable because someone was banging hookers? He wasn't raping women. The industry I work in has it's largest trade show in Hamburg next week, the cities strip clubs and brothels will be hella busy.
 
BlindMarshall
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:40 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:42 am

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. A Florida man (34) went to see a prostitute while on his honeym
oon in Tampa. He slipped away while his new bride was sleeping. Not only is his marriage likely over, so is his life. It will be next to impossible for him to ever get another job, let alone rent an apartment or anything. Police nationwide are on a major human trafficking crackdown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... YMOON.html


There is a difference between the sex work industry and human trafficking. He'll be fine.
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Topic Author
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:02 pm

BlindMarshall wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. A Florida man (34) went to see a prostitute while on his honeym
oon in Tampa. He slipped away while his new bride was sleeping. Not only is his marriage likely over, so is his life. It will be next to impossible for him to ever get another job, let alone rent an apartment or anything. Police nationwide are on a major human trafficking crackdown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... YMOON.html


There is a difference between the sex work industry and human trafficking. He'll be fine.


You dont know that, many companies terminate employees for any arrest, including solicitation, regardless if they are ultimately convicted.
 
johns624
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:34 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
BlindMarshall wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. A Florida man (34) went to see a prostitute while on his honeym
oon in Tampa. He slipped away while his new bride was sleeping. Not only is his marriage likely over, so is his life. It will be next to impossible for him to ever get another job, let alone rent an apartment or anything. Police nationwide are on a major human trafficking crackdown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... YMOON.html


There is a difference between the sex work industry and human trafficking. He'll be fine.


You dont know that, many companies terminate employees for any arrest, including solicitation, regardless if they are ultimately convicted.
That doesn't make it right. It must be in "right to work" states.
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 14427
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:51 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
BlindMarshall wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. A Florida man (34) went to see a prostitute while on his honeym
oon in Tampa. He slipped away while his new bride was sleeping. Not only is his marriage likely over, so is his life. It will be next to impossible for him to ever get another job, let alone rent an apartment or anything. Police nationwide are on a major human trafficking crackdown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... YMOON.html


There is a difference between the sex work industry and human trafficking. He'll be fine.


You dont know that, many companies terminate employees for any arrest, including solicitation, regardless if they are ultimately convicted.


Lucky you can’t do that in most of Europe, and certainly not where I live. I’d have to be convicted and jailed to be fired.
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Topic Author
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:53 pm

IADCA wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I am all for ending human trafficking but there needs to be a fine line. This guy's marriage is over, maybe, but why should the rest of his life be? Per the article, he solicited an adult. Give him a ticket and move on.


No one will want to hire him, just google his name and it comes up dozens of times. As my background in HR with a company having someone with a sex crime conviction is a HUGE liability. I think most females would feel very uncomfortable working with him. I doubt it will be just a ticket, I think in Florida it's a year in jail.


This attitude is a big part of why consensual sex work among adults should be de-criminalized.

Unless there's a minor or someone non-consenting involved, this is a victimless crime. Why should tax dollars be used prosecuting crimes in which there is no victim?

And why should employers care about a guy who did something that...wait for it...had no victim? If you don't want to hire a dude who cheats on his wife, fine. But this isn't someone who harassed a co-worker or aggressively propositioned a stranger at McDonalds. Like, why should shit like this be the Gossip Department's (uh, sorry, HR's) business?

EDIT: Also, as someone with hire/fire authority, I wouldn't can this dude, nor would I can the woman involved.


Why is it criminal? Well there is billions of dollars changing hands every year in illegal prostitution, and the government is getting $0.00 in tax off of it. Also a lot of the money that goes into illegal sex trade also fuels the illegal drug trade and other criminal activities.

Now as far as the company, if he is a union worker on a loading doc yea he may be OK. But if he has a white shirt and tie job, he will likely lose his job and regaining a career, especially given the extensive media coverage may be a challenge. Outside of that future potential employers may call his former job for references and if they reveal why he was fired, yea hes going to have challenges.
 
IADCA
Posts: 2724
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:24 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:08 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
IADCA wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

No one will want to hire him, just google his name and it comes up dozens of times. As my background in HR with a company having someone with a sex crime conviction is a HUGE liability. I think most females would feel very uncomfortable working with him. I doubt it will be just a ticket, I think in Florida it's a year in jail.


This attitude is a big part of why consensual sex work among adults should be de-criminalized.

Unless there's a minor or someone non-consenting involved, this is a victimless crime. Why should tax dollars be used prosecuting crimes in which there is no victim?

And why should employers care about a guy who did something that...wait for it...had no victim? If you don't want to hire a dude who cheats on his wife, fine. But this isn't someone who harassed a co-worker or aggressively propositioned a stranger at McDonalds. Like, why should shit like this be the Gossip Department's (uh, sorry, HR's) business?

EDIT: Also, as someone with hire/fire authority, I wouldn't can this dude, nor would I can the woman involved.


Why is it criminal? Well there is billions of dollars changing hands every year in illegal prostitution, and the government is getting $0.00 in tax off of it. Also a lot of the money that goes into illegal sex trade also fuels the illegal drug trade and other criminal activities.

Now as far as the company, if he is a union worker on a loading doc yea he may be OK. But if he has a white shirt and tie job, he will likely lose his job and regaining a career, especially given the extensive media coverage may be a challenge. Outside of that future potential employers may call his former job for references and if they reveal why he was fired, yea hes going to have challenges.


LOL, your first paragraph cuts exactly in the opposite direction you think it does. You basically stated "it's criminal because it's illegal." Everything you listed is a consequence of something being illegal, not of some inherent problem with it. If you made kayaking, visiting national parks, go-karting, or [pick any other fairly innocuous but enjoyable and not cost-free activity] illegal, you'd see a lot of the same effects.

If you legalize it and tax it, you segment it away from drugs and trafficking and gain a revenue source.

Your second paragraph just tells me you work in HR. Congrats. It's also hardly a universal truth; yes, he likely will have some career rehab to do. All arrests carry that. But a couple years out, I'd hire someone with that on his record, as long as it was the only thing. Put it this way: I'd much rather hire someone with this on his record than a DUI.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24955
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:32 am

IADCA wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
IADCA wrote:

This attitude is a big part of why consensual sex work among adults should be de-criminalized.

Unless there's a minor or someone non-consenting involved, this is a victimless crime. Why should tax dollars be used prosecuting crimes in which there is no victim?

And why should employers care about a guy who did something that...wait for it...had no victim? If you don't want to hire a dude who cheats on his wife, fine. But this isn't someone who harassed a co-worker or aggressively propositioned a stranger at McDonalds. Like, why should shit like this be the Gossip Department's (uh, sorry, HR's) business?

EDIT: Also, as someone with hire/fire authority, I wouldn't can this dude, nor would I can the woman involved.


Why is it criminal? Well there is billions of dollars changing hands every year in illegal prostitution, and the government is getting $0.00 in tax off of it. Also a lot of the money that goes into illegal sex trade also fuels the illegal drug trade and other criminal activities.

Now as far as the company, if he is a union worker on a loading doc yea he may be OK. But if he has a white shirt and tie job, he will likely lose his job and regaining a career, especially given the extensive media coverage may be a challenge. Outside of that future potential employers may call his former job for references and if they reveal why he was fired, yea hes going to have challenges.


LOL, your first paragraph cuts exactly in the opposite direction you think it does. You basically stated "it's criminal because it's illegal." Everything you listed is a consequence of something being illegal, not of some inherent problem with it. If you made kayaking, visiting national parks, go-karting, or [pick any other fairly innocuous but enjoyable and not cost-free activity] illegal, you'd see a lot of the same effects.

If you legalize it and tax it, you segment it away from drugs and trafficking and gain a revenue source.

Your second paragraph just tells me you work in HR. Congrats. It's also hardly a universal truth; yes, he likely will have some career rehab to do. All arrests carry that. But a couple years out, I'd hire someone with that on his record, as long as it was the only thing. Put it this way: I'd much rather hire someone with this on his record than a DUI.


I disagree. Even though marijuana is legal in Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada, Colorado, and a number of states, there is still an illegal marijuana market in those states. Same with prostitution in Nevada. People can still make money off legal things. Remember when we all hoarded toilet paper and hand sanitizer? People were selling those, too.
 
LabQuest
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:24 am

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
IADCA wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

No one will want to hire him, just google his name and it comes up dozens of times. As my background in HR with a company having someone with a sex crime conviction is a HUGE liability. I think most females would feel very uncomfortable working with him. I doubt it will be just a ticket, I think in Florida it's a year in jail.


This attitude is a big part of why consensual sex work among adults should be de-criminalized.

Unless there's a minor or someone non-consenting involved, this is a victimless crime. Why should tax dollars be used prosecuting crimes in which there is no victim?

And why should employers care about a guy who did something that...wait for it...had no victim? If you don't want to hire a dude who cheats on his wife, fine. But this isn't someone who harassed a co-worker or aggressively propositioned a stranger at McDonalds. Like, why should shit like this be the Gossip Department's (uh, sorry, HR's) business?

EDIT: Also, as someone with hire/fire authority, I wouldn't can this dude, nor would I can the woman involved.


Why is it criminal? Well there is billions of dollars changing hands every year in illegal prostitution, and the government is getting $0.00 in tax off of it. Also a lot of the money that goes into illegal sex trade also fuels the illegal drug trade and other criminal activities.

Now as far as the company, if he is a union worker on a loading doc yea he may be OK. But if he has a white shirt and tie job, he will likely lose his job and regaining a career, especially given the extensive media coverage may be a challenge. Outside of that future potential employers may call his former job for references and if they reveal why he was fired, yea hes going to have challenges.


You seem to have a very archaic and unrealistic position regarding this. Its mind boggling to me that you think most businesses would fire/not hire some guy with a misdemeanor ticked offense like a traffic offense. Typical HR tone deafness. No wonder its a joke to most employees. I would not want to work for any company you are in charge of onboarding.
 
bennett123
Posts: 11527
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:50 am

Problem with Onboarding people is they live in 1984.

Once had one query a one week gap because I was on holiday overseas and wanted a passport stamp to prove it.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 6882
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:13 am

seb146 wrote:
IADCA wrote:
LOL, your first paragraph cuts exactly in the opposite direction you think it does. You basically stated "it's criminal because it's illegal." Everything you listed is a consequence of something being illegal, not of some inherent problem with it. If you made kayaking, visiting national parks, go-karting, or [pick any other fairly innocuous but enjoyable and not cost-free activity] illegal, you'd see a lot of the same effects.

If you legalize it and tax it, you segment it away from drugs and trafficking and gain a revenue source.

Your second paragraph just tells me you work in HR. Congrats. It's also hardly a universal truth; yes, he likely will have some career rehab to do. All arrests carry that. But a couple years out, I'd hire someone with that on his record, as long as it was the only thing. Put it this way: I'd much rather hire someone with this on his record than a DUI.


I disagree. Even though marijuana is legal in Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada, Colorado, and a number of states, there is still an illegal marijuana market in those states. Same with prostitution in Nevada. People can still make money off legal things. Remember when we all hoarded toilet paper and hand sanitizer? People were selling those, too.

What is wrong with "people make money off legal things"? It is called a business just like the legal restaurant selling a legal meal with legal pasta and legal rice at your street corner. Of course there might still exists an illegal street stall selling foods without license but does that mean it would be better if we make all foods illegal to sell?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24955
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:20 pm

c933103 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
IADCA wrote:
LOL, your first paragraph cuts exactly in the opposite direction you think it does. You basically stated "it's criminal because it's illegal." Everything you listed is a consequence of something being illegal, not of some inherent problem with it. If you made kayaking, visiting national parks, go-karting, or [pick any other fairly innocuous but enjoyable and not cost-free activity] illegal, you'd see a lot of the same effects.

If you legalize it and tax it, you segment it away from drugs and trafficking and gain a revenue source.

Your second paragraph just tells me you work in HR. Congrats. It's also hardly a universal truth; yes, he likely will have some career rehab to do. All arrests carry that. But a couple years out, I'd hire someone with that on his record, as long as it was the only thing. Put it this way: I'd much rather hire someone with this on his record than a DUI.


I disagree. Even though marijuana is legal in Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada, Colorado, and a number of states, there is still an illegal marijuana market in those states. Same with prostitution in Nevada. People can still make money off legal things. Remember when we all hoarded toilet paper and hand sanitizer? People were selling those, too.

What is wrong with "people make money off legal things"? It is called a business just like the legal restaurant selling a legal meal with legal pasta and legal rice at your street corner. Of course there might still exists an illegal street stall selling foods without license but does that mean it would be better if we make all foods illegal to sell?


That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that by making hard drugs or prostitution legal, that will not remove or even lessen the underground market for those things. I am all for decriminalizing prostitution but the underground market will never go away simply because it is decriminalized.
 
petertenthije
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:21 pm

seb146 wrote:
I am all for decriminalizing prostitution but the underground market will never go away simply because it is decriminalized.

It might not remove the criminal element entirely, but going from experience from countries that decriminalised hookers, drugs or alcohol, it is safe to say the criminals either loose interest or go legit.

Going from Dutch example, I am sure there are still illegal hookers, possibly smuggled in. But most are legal. That provides tax revenue for the government, safety for the hookers and safety for customers.

The police time spent earlier on going after every hooker and client, can now be focussed on the illegal traffickers or those sexually abusing minors.
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Topic Author
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:40 pm

I think in the USA why so many see prostitution as bad is it's considered moral turpitude. What they think at home and what they talk about in the open are two different things. Police and the court see prostitution as sex trafficking and address it as such. Nevada has a handful of "legal" brothels but I think they will be gone in a few years as there have been evidence that some women were forced to work there.

Let's face it, no girl says "when I grow up I want to sell my body to men for sex" they are forced into it one way or another. It may be the lesser of other evils and a way to pay for food, shelter and quite often a habit of some type.

It will always be viewed as something especially heinous, and quite often those who participate in it are seen as "low life" or the scum of the earth, especially the men. They are viewed as taking advantage of women in a weak position and using money to do so.

It will never be fully legal in the US, and the police get great pleasure in consistently publishing the names and fotos of those who they arrest. The police intend to embarrass, disrupt the life of those who do. Lets face it, the fact this guy got so much media coverage along with the 200 others that were arrested likely discouraged others from going out and doing the same,
 
johns624
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:44 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

It will always be viewed as something especially heinous, and quite often those who participate in it are seen as "low life" or the scum of the earth, especially the men. They are viewed as taking advantage of women in a weak position and using money to do so.

This whole paragraph would fit in nicely in your thread about car salesmen! :stirthepot:
 
LabQuest
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:33 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
I think in the USA why so many see prostitution as bad is it's considered moral turpitude. What they think at home and what they talk about in the open are two different things. Police and the court see prostitution as sex trafficking and address it as such. Nevada has a handful of "legal" brothels but I think they will be gone in a few years as there have been evidence that some women were forced to work there.

Let's face it, no girl says "when I grow up I want to sell my body to men for sex" they are forced into it one way or another. It may be the lesser of other evils and a way to pay for food, shelter and quite often a habit of some type.

It will always be viewed as something especially heinous, and quite often those who participate in it are seen as "low life" or the scum of the earth, especially the men. They are viewed as taking advantage of women in a weak position and using money to do so.

It will never be fully legal in the US, and the police get great pleasure in consistently publishing the names and fotos of those who they arrest. The police intend to embarrass, disrupt the life of those who do. Lets face it, the fact this guy got so much media coverage along with the 200 others that were arrested likely discouraged others from going out and doing the same,


You, along with the police, seem to disrupt people's lives by embarrassing them and firing them from jobs for a non-violent crime.
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Topic Author
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:14 pm

LabQuest wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
I think in the USA why so many see prostitution as bad is it's considered moral turpitude. What they think at home and what they talk about in the open are two different things. Police and the court see prostitution as sex trafficking and address it as such. Nevada has a handful of "legal" brothels but I think they will be gone in a few years as there have been evidence that some women were forced to work there.

Let's face it, no girl says "when I grow up I want to sell my body to men for sex" they are forced into it one way or another. It may be the lesser of other evils and a way to pay for food, shelter and quite often a habit of some type.

It will always be viewed as something especially heinous, and quite often those who participate in it are seen as "low life" or the scum of the earth, especially the men. They are viewed as taking advantage of women in a weak position and using money to do so.

It will never be fully legal in the US, and the police get great pleasure in consistently publishing the names and fotos of those who they arrest. The police intend to embarrass, disrupt the life of those who do. Lets face it, the fact this guy got so much media coverage along with the 200 others that were arrested likely discouraged others from going out and doing the same,


You, along with the police, seem to disrupt people's lives by embarrassing them and firing them from jobs for a non-violent crime.


A crime is a crime, I didn't break he law. I am just following policy and terminating an employee for getting arrested. The final outcome is irrelevant and I have no control over what the police do
 
ChrisKen
Posts: 1215
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:25 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

A crime is a crime, I didn't break he law. I am just following policy and terminating an employee for getting arrested. The final outcome is irrelevant and I have no control over what the police do



Firing for having simply been arrested? What a joke of a policy. Innocent until proven guilty isn't it? An arrest isn't even close to that.
Hope you never get arrested for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time or some nut doesn't falsely accuse you of something.

Being arrested is not equal to having commited a crime. Your firing would be unlawful in a civilised, grown up country.
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Topic Author
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:23 am

ChrisKen wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

A crime is a crime, I didn't break he law. I am just following policy and terminating an employee for getting arrested. The final outcome is irrelevant and I have no control over what the police do



Firing for having simply been arrested? What a joke of a policy. Innocent until proven guilty isn't it? An arrest isn't even close to that.
Hope you never get arrested for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time or some nut doesn't falsely accuse you of something.

Being arrested is not equal to having commited a crime. Your firing would be unlawful in a civilised, grown up country.


I can understand the confusion. "Innocent till proven guilty" is a legal term pertaining to the court system and legal system. Terminating someone based on an arrest alone is a civil matter and has nothing to do with "innocent till proven guilty". Unless an an employee is protected by a CBA of some sorts, and you are in a right to work state, you can terminate someone, for no cause with no notice.
 
LabQuest
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:33 am

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
ChrisKen wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

A crime is a crime, I didn't break he law. I am just following policy and terminating an employee for getting arrested. The final outcome is irrelevant and I have no control over what the police do



Firing for having simply been arrested? What a joke of a policy. Innocent until proven guilty isn't it? An arrest isn't even close to that.
Hope you never get arrested for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time or some nut doesn't falsely accuse you of something.

Being arrested is not equal to having commited a crime. Your firing would be unlawful in a civilised, grown up country.


I can understand the confusion. "Innocent till proven guilty" is a legal term pertaining to the court system and legal system. Terminating someone based on an arrest alone is a civil matter and has nothing to do with "innocent till proven guilty". Unless an an employee is protected by a CBA of some sorts, and you are in a right to work state, you can terminate someone, for no cause with no notice.


Doesn't make it right or good policy. Its a chilling policy. Thank goodness most companies don't do this barbaric practice.
 
bennett123
Posts: 11527
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:36 am

Perhaps the Police should punishing suspects.

That is the job of the courts, AFTER the suspect is convicted.
 
ChrisKen
Posts: 1215
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:27 am

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
I can understand the confusion. "Innocent till proven guilty" is a legal term pertaining to the court system and legal system. Terminating someone based on an arrest alone is a civil matter and has nothing to do with "innocent till proven guilty". Unless an an employee is protected by a CBA of some sorts, and you are in a right to work state, you can terminate someone, for no cause with no notice.

Someone could make a single phone call and get you arrested or the boys in blue could simply knock on the wrong door, you're saying your happy to be terminated from your job because of that arrest?
As said, such a termination would be illegal in a grown up and civilised country. An arrest alone cannot be held against you, civil or otherwise. The policy is vile, as is your defence of it.
 
johns624
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:31 pm

Here's a little story about "right to work". I'm in Michigan, which is a right to work state. When it was signed into law, the owner of the business where I worked made a big deal about how great it was. Fast forward a few years. I was 61.5 years old and working parttime there while planning on retiring at 62. I had a few days when I was feeling run down and didn't want to go to work. I called in sick for the first time in 12 years. I looked at my finances and decided that 6 more months of parttime work wouldn't make a difference. I went in and "retired". He asked if I was giving two weeks notice. I smiled and said no. I think that's the first time that he realized that "right to work" went both ways. He wasn't a nice man to work for. Three hours after I retired, I found out why I was so run down. Urgent care called and said my Covid test from a few days previous had come back positive. I've never regretted retiring then, though.
 
SEAorPWM
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:41 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:50 pm

bennett123 wrote:
Perhaps the Police should punishing suspects.

That is the job of the courts, AFTER the suspect is convicted.


Did you mean to say the police should *not* be punishing suspects?
 
bennett123
Posts: 11527
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:01 pm

Sorry finger trouble.

Good spot.
 
johns624
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:26 pm

It appears the OP only wants car dealerships screwing their customers and not prostitutes! :D :stirthepot:
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Topic Author
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:42 pm

ChrisKen wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
I can understand the confusion. "Innocent till proven guilty" is a legal term pertaining to the court system and legal system. Terminating someone based on an arrest alone is a civil matter and has nothing to do with "innocent till proven guilty". Unless an an employee is protected by a CBA of some sorts, and you are in a right to work state, you can terminate someone, for no cause with no notice.

Someone could make a single phone call and get you arrested or the boys in blue could simply knock on the wrong door, you're saying your happy to be terminated from your job because of that arrest?
As said, such a termination would be illegal in a grown up and civilised country. An arrest alone cannot be held against you, civil or otherwise. The policy is vile, as is your defence of it.


I never said I was terminated, I was referring to a likely situation in dealing with a major corporation. How would you handle it if you had that guy on your payroll, he gets arrested for solicitation. You then get bombarded by employees saying that are disgusted by that guy and cannot work with him in anyway shape or forum. Now what are you going to do? How would you deal with a hostile work environment charge?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24955
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:12 pm

ChrisKen wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
I can understand the confusion. "Innocent till proven guilty" is a legal term pertaining to the court system and legal system. Terminating someone based on an arrest alone is a civil matter and has nothing to do with "innocent till proven guilty". Unless an an employee is protected by a CBA of some sorts, and you are in a right to work state, you can terminate someone, for no cause with no notice.

Someone could make a single phone call and get you arrested or the boys in blue could simply knock on the wrong door, you're saying your happy to be terminated from your job because of that arrest?
As said, such a termination would be illegal in a grown up and civilised country. An arrest alone cannot be held against you, civil or otherwise. The policy is vile, as is your defence of it.


Most states in the United States are "right to work" where someone could be terminated because they wear the wrong socks. So, terminating someone because "I heard s/he did this thing on their days off" is not out of the question.
 
johns624
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:26 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
ChrisKen wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
I can understand the confusion. "Innocent till proven guilty" is a legal term pertaining to the court system and legal system. Terminating someone based on an arrest alone is a civil matter and has nothing to do with "innocent till proven guilty". Unless an an employee is protected by a CBA of some sorts, and you are in a right to work state, you can terminate someone, for no cause with no notice.

Someone could make a single phone call and get you arrested or the boys in blue could simply knock on the wrong door, you're saying your happy to be terminated from your job because of that arrest?
As said, such a termination would be illegal in a grown up and civilised country. An arrest alone cannot be held against you, civil or otherwise. The policy is vile, as is your defence of it.


I never said I was terminated, I was referring to a likely situation in dealing with a major corporation. How would you handle it if you had that guy on your payroll, he gets arrested for solicitation. You then get bombarded by employees saying that are disgusted by that guy and cannot work with him in anyway shape or forum. Now what are you going to do? How would you deal with a hostile work environment charge?

He never said that you said that you were terminated. He was saying that according to you, a person could make a false report on someone, they would get arrested, and you would find it okay to fire them, just because they were arrested.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 6882
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:06 pm

seb146 wrote:
c933103 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I disagree. Even though marijuana is legal in Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada, Colorado, and a number of states, there is still an illegal marijuana market in those states. Same with prostitution in Nevada. People can still make money off legal things. Remember when we all hoarded toilet paper and hand sanitizer? People were selling those, too.

What is wrong with "people make money off legal things"? It is called a business just like the legal restaurant selling a legal meal with legal pasta and legal rice at your street corner. Of course there might still exists an illegal street stall selling foods without license but does that mean it would be better if we make all foods illegal to sell?


That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that by making hard drugs or prostitution legal, that will not remove or even lessen the underground market for those things. I am all for decriminalizing prostitution but the underground market will never go away simply because it is decriminalized.

Didn't the end of Prohibition of alcohol in the US proved otherwise?
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Topic Author
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:44 pm

c933103 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
c933103 wrote:
What is wrong with "people make money off legal things"? It is called a business just like the legal restaurant selling a legal meal with legal pasta and legal rice at your street corner. Of course there might still exists an illegal street stall selling foods without license but does that mean it would be better if we make all foods illegal to sell?


That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that by making hard drugs or prostitution legal, that will not remove or even lessen the underground market for those things. I am all for decriminalizing prostitution but the underground market will never go away simply because it is decriminalized.

Didn't the end of Prohibition of alcohol in the US proved otherwise?


If you don't think there is still an illegal market for alcohol, I would like you to meet the Gambino, Lucchese, Genovese, Bonanno and Colombo families. Although not as active I can assure you they are still up to their old ways.
 
johns624
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:10 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
c933103 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that by making hard drugs or prostitution legal, that will not remove or even lessen the underground market for those things. I am all for decriminalizing prostitution but the underground market will never go away simply because it is decriminalized.

Didn't the end of Prohibition of alcohol in the US proved otherwise?


If you don't think there is still an illegal market for alcohol, I would like you to meet the Gambino, Lucchese, Genovese, Bonanno and Colombo families. Although not as active I can assure you they are still up to their old ways.
Yeah, with drugs, loansharking, etc. Not so much with alcohol.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24955
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:47 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
c933103 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that by making hard drugs or prostitution legal, that will not remove or even lessen the underground market for those things. I am all for decriminalizing prostitution but the underground market will never go away simply because it is decriminalized.

Didn't the end of Prohibition of alcohol in the US proved otherwise?


If you don't think there is still an illegal market for alcohol, I would like you to meet the Gambino, Lucchese, Genovese, Bonanno and Colombo families. Although not as active I can assure you they are still up to their old ways.


Moonshine.
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 2829
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Guy (34) arrested for prostitution while on Honeymoon

Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:04 pm

This thread has run its course and will be locked.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot] and 17 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos