Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
phatfarmlines
Topic Author
Posts: 2347
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:58 pm

I'm sure Gov. DeSantis would applaud this "brave" substitute teacher for the inferences made in the homework assignment.

Manatee school district to review controversial homework assignment

Source: ABC7 News Sarasota
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:08 pm

SMH and not even comment. I am 1/2 Canadian, how do I immigrate to Canada?
 
skyservice_330
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2000 6:50 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:44 pm

I am sure we can count on the usual, pearl clutching, talking heads and commentators that blab on about politics in schools and teachers indoctrinating youth etc. to speak out on this. I won’t hold my breath.

I guess the teacher is just grooming (that’s the word du jour if I recall) the next generation of MAGA acolytes. :duck:
 
luckyone
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:48 pm

Also curious, if one were to scroll down to the end of the scanned assignment document, there's something about the Iraq War not being linked to Afghanistan, Bush/WMDs etc. Just a reflection of what an interesting time we live in. Even ten-fifteen years ago one would be unlikely to see a conservative endorsing such a position.
 
StarAC17
Posts: 4600
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:01 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
SMH and not even comment. I am 1/2 Canadian, how do I immigrate to Canada?


If you are half Canadian then I presume you can claim your citizenship and hop across the border. You wouldn't necessarily have to immigrate.
 
User avatar
T18
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:04 pm

Anyone who honestly thinks the election was 'stolen' needs to be committed....
Personally not a fan of Joe but he got the votes, move on as y'all told the crying Hillary voters.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 8986
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:03 pm

Meanwhile, in Florida

:rotfl:
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8812
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:10 am

What is it about the South that events there ALWAYS seem to be about which state can have the worst headlines? MS news are about regression in every aspect; AL is about becoming the new Gilead; TX is about a failing power grid and a "migrant crisis"; SC is about confederacy and abortion restrictions; GA is about voting restrictions; LA is a combination of MS and AL...
 
luckyone
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:24 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
What is it about the South that events there ALWAYS seem to be about which state can have the worst headlines? MS news are about regression in every aspect; AL is about becoming the new Gilead; TX is about a failing power grid and a "migrant crisis"; SC is about confederacy and abortion restrictions; GA is about voting restrictions; LA is a combination of MS and AL...

A region rooted in largely ritual farming traditions where anything other than arithmetic is deemed unnecessary. Where education was solely a plaything of the few landed gentry. That’s no longer everyone in the region but the South industrialized far later than other areas of the country and there are still very large portions that hold onto the older values.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 16003
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:23 am

The good old values of being dumb and dumber and proud of it.

And it's there that Artemis is taking off later today...
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 21506
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:27 pm

Aesma wrote:
The good old values of being dumb and dumber and proud of it.

And it's there that Artemis is taking off later today...


Or not.
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:42 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
SMH and not even comment. I am 1/2 Canadian, how do I immigrate to Canada?


If you are half Canadian then I presume you can claim your citizenship and hop across the border. You wouldn't necessarily have to immigrate.



Mum was born there, not me. So not that easy.
 
hh65man
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:06 pm

I’d be screaming for political asylum. Refugee status, anything to get me the hell outa there… :bigthumbsup:
 
pune
Posts: 1670
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:25 am

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
SMH and not even comment. I am 1/2 Canadian, how do I immigrate to Canada?


What's SMH?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24975
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:33 am

pune wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
SMH and not even comment. I am 1/2 Canadian, how do I immigrate to Canada?


What's SMH?


Urban Dictionary is a wonderful (and sometimes disgusting) resource.

DeSantis is taking the playbook from Orban in Hungary. Pit people against people because he knows if the minority feels left out, they will take over and give him the power. The power to give power to the few. And not those who vote for him. He knows the words. DeSantis is dangerous. Very very dangerous. Much more so than the former occupant of the White House. God/Allah/Yahweh/FSM/Beelzebub help us all if DeSantis ever gets to the Oval Office....
 
marcelh
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:55 am

seb146 wrote:
DeSantis is taking the playbook from Orban in Hungary. Pit people against people because he knows if the minority feels left out, they will take over and give him the power. The power to give power to the few. And not those who vote for him. He knows the words. DeSantis is dangerous. Very very dangerous. Much more so than the former occupant of the White House. God/Allah/Yahweh/FSM/Beelzebub help us all if DeSantis ever gets to the Oval Office....


Good point and it will show how reasonable the “reasonable Republicans” really will be.
 
LMP737
Posts: 6335
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:31 pm

phatfarmlines wrote:
I'm sure Gov. DeSantis would applaud this "brave" substitute teacher for the inferences made in the homework assignment.

Manatee school district to review controversial homework assignment

Source: ABC7 News Sarasota


I have to admit, its kind of slick. It doesn't come out and say anything outlandish. What it does is plant the seed in your head that the media is biased against Trump by stating this claims are false. The problem is that it's not bias by stating the facts.

I would make the argument that news organizations, who shall remain nameless, who do not call Trumps lies for what they are are doing the public a disservice.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 16116
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:34 pm

LMP737 wrote:
phatfarmlines wrote:
I'm sure Gov. DeSantis would applaud this "brave" substitute teacher for the inferences made in the homework assignment.

Manatee school district to review controversial homework assignment

Source: ABC7 News Sarasota


I have to admit, its kind of slick. It doesn't come out and say anything outlandish. What it does is plant the seed in your head that the media is biased against Trump by stating this claims are false. The problem is that it's not bias by stating the facts.

I would make the argument that news organizations, who shall remain nameless, who do not call Trumps lies for what they are are doing the public a disservice.


If you dig further into the article, you will find that this was a sub handing out the homework. You will also find that the Textbook source is basically a low rated book, that "Passed" what Florida activist Fascists wanted to pass.

Barber said the homework assignment was based on chapter one of a state-approved textbook by McGraw Hill, “Discovering Our Past -- A History of the World Early Ages.”

The book sells on Amazon for $83.85 in paperback. One customer review of the textbook is less than glowing. “This ‘text’ is so full of errors and mis-characterizations that I am astounded that supposedly educated people even tolerate it,” it says.


I can't find the review now, so I can only assume Amazon had a blaze of reviews on this.
 
User avatar
OzarkD9S
Posts: 6424
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:31 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:01 pm

What's next, MAGA Youth?
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 1926
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:09 pm

T18 wrote:
Anyone who honestly thinks the election was 'stolen' needs to be committed....
Personally not a fan of Joe but he got the votes, move on as y'all told the crying Hillary voters.


Okay, I will give you 2020 was a highly unusual election that used new channels in ways that likely changed the result. But I give you that Joe Biden won. I don’t think it was crazy to question and investigate that result, early on.

We can also remember that the 2000 election easily might well have been stolen, which I think was a national tragedy. And it happened right there in Florida. Al Gore was an elitist dweeb, but he was not a murderer. Bush was a murderer on the same level as Putin. The 2000 election was highly, highly questionable. Saying “the election was stolen” is sometimes a serious topic and not always a joke.

If they are going to teach Florida kids about election stealing, they should focus on 2000. A state like Swampy Florida, with criminals on all sides, is an incredible prize that can lead straight to the US presidency.
 
FGITD
Posts: 2184
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:12 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
T18 wrote:
Anyone who honestly thinks the election was 'stolen' needs to be committed....
Personally not a fan of Joe but he got the votes, move on as y'all told the crying Hillary voters.


Okay, I will give you 2020 was a highly unusual election that used new channels in ways that likely changed the result. But I give you that Joe Biden won. I don’t think it was crazy to question and investigate that result, early on.


The issue with that though is “early on” for Trump was many months before any votes had been cast. He came right out and pretty much said that if he didn’t win, it was because the election was stolen. All said with absolutely zero proof that anything of that sort would happen.
 
Vintage
Posts: 904
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:48 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:12 am

LCDFlight wrote:
2020 was a highly unusual election that used new channels in ways that likely changed the result.

What are you talking about?
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 1926
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:14 am

Vintage wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
2020 was a highly unusual election that used new channels in ways that likely changed the result.

What are you talking about?


I think absentee was a powerful new factor. Laws changed to allow it with fewer witnesses (due to the Covid emergency, as zero vaccines were available). I can say that was a fact where I live. This created a convenient new option to vote from home that was illegal before, potentially raising turnout. Most of the absentee vote went to Biden. I’m not totally sure that got Biden the election, but I think it might be possible
 
Vintage
Posts: 904
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:48 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:29 am

LCDFlight wrote:
I think absentee was a powerful new factor. Laws changed to allow it with fewer witnesses (due to the Covid emergency, as zero vaccines were available). I can say that was a fact where I live. This created a convenient new option to vote from home that was illegal before, potentially raising turnout. Most of the absentee vote went to Biden. I’m not totally sure that got Biden the election, but I think it might be possible

So you're back to the election was stolen (lite version).

You do know that after all the investigations and scrutiny of the 2020 election, the number of cases of voter fraud nationwide can be counted on your fingers don't you? Give it up, there was absolutely nothing unusual or different about the 2020 election.
 
bennett123
Posts: 11527
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:47 am

LCDFlight wrote:
Vintage wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
2020 was a highly unusual election that used new channels in ways that likely changed the result.

What are you talking about?


I think absentee was a powerful new factor. Laws changed to allow it with fewer witnesses (due to the Covid emergency, as zero vaccines were available). I can say that was a fact where I live. This created a convenient new option to vote from home that was illegal before, potentially raising turnout. Most of the absentee vote went to Biden. I’m not totally sure that got Biden the election, but I think it might be possible


My understanding is that Biden was pro remote voting and Trump anti.

Surprise surprise, most people voting remotely voted Democrat.
 
TheZ
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:34 am

I had to risk my health and the health of those around me to vote that waste of spray-on tan out of office in 2020 thanks to the Tennessee GOP fighting tooth and nail to prevent people from voting by mail. There is zero reason why anyone should have to vote in person once they are properly registered.
 
classicjets
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:37 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
SMH and not even comment. I am 1/2 Canadian, how do I immigrate to Canada?


If you are half Canadian then I presume you can claim your citizenship and hop across the border. You wouldn't necessarily have to immigrate.



Mum was born there, not me. So not that easy.


My mother was also born in Canada, making me a fully-fledged Canadian citizen. Applying for a passport is easy enough, after proving relationship and her Canadian citizenship. I can go live in Canada any time I like, but instead I live far far away from North America.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24975
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:01 pm

bennett123 wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
Vintage wrote:
What are you talking about?


I think absentee was a powerful new factor. Laws changed to allow it with fewer witnesses (due to the Covid emergency, as zero vaccines were available). I can say that was a fact where I live. This created a convenient new option to vote from home that was illegal before, potentially raising turnout. Most of the absentee vote went to Biden. I’m not totally sure that got Biden the election, but I think it might be possible


My understanding is that Biden was pro remote voting and Trump anti.

Surprise surprise, most people voting remotely voted Democrat.


Oregon has been mail-in voting for years. California did it when I was living there. Guess what? There are still Republicans winning in both states! Oh, and get this: MAGA Republicans in both states claim the 2020 election, and ONLY the 2020 election, was stolen. Again, with zero evidence that it was actually stolen.

And isn't it also interesting that, only after dear leader started whining about it long before the actual election, those down the ballot started whining about it? Voting was all well and good until he came along...
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 1926
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:39 pm

Vintage wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
I think absentee was a powerful new factor. Laws changed to allow it with fewer witnesses (due to the Covid emergency, as zero vaccines were available). I can say that was a fact where I live. This created a convenient new option to vote from home that was illegal before, potentially raising turnout. Most of the absentee vote went to Biden. I’m not totally sure that got Biden the election, but I think it might be possible

So you're back to the election was stolen (lite version).

You do know that after all the investigations and scrutiny of the 2020 election, the number of cases of voter fraud nationwide can be counted on your fingers don't you? Give it up, there was absolutely nothing unusual or different about the 2020 election.


No, you are being unfair to me. I’m saying Biden won, but maybe if things had been different, Trump might have won.

According to what I found, mail in votes went from 33 million to 48 million (I thought it would have been even more). This was still a big change to the voting process. Could it have tipped the election, sure, maybe. People should agree that 2000 could have been stolen either way it turned out. I don’t agree with you that “voter fraud” is a non issue. It is a non issue because of vigilance and testing.

I think seemingly small changes the voting process can push the result, and this is being gamed by both sides. And the easier fraud becomes, the more fraud will be done. People have to realize that people are sneaky and they will do EVERYTHING they can to lie and steal. This is a fact about humans.
 
bluecrew
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:13 am

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:19 pm

seb146 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:

I think absentee was a powerful new factor. Laws changed to allow it with fewer witnesses (due to the Covid emergency, as zero vaccines were available). I can say that was a fact where I live. This created a convenient new option to vote from home that was illegal before, potentially raising turnout. Most of the absentee vote went to Biden. I’m not totally sure that got Biden the election, but I think it might be possible


My understanding is that Biden was pro remote voting and Trump anti.

Surprise surprise, most people voting remotely voted Democrat.


Oregon has been mail-in voting for years. California did it when I was living there. Guess what? There are still Republicans winning in both states! Oh, and get this: MAGA Republicans in both states claim the 2020 election, and ONLY the 2020 election, was stolen. Again, with zero evidence that it was actually stolen.

And isn't it also interesting that, only after dear leader started whining about it long before the actual election, those down the ballot started whining about it? Voting was all well and good until he came along...

Postal voting was a Republican idea.

Drives up voting in rural, Republican areas. Turns out when someone wants to vote for a Republican and is 65 miles from a post office, the mail works well for that.

Credibility on Republicans hating mail-in voting is wearing thin. In the 1980s this was all the right wing rage (besides Grenada, fist shaking at the Soviet Union)
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 19015
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:25 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
Meanwhile, in Florida

:rotfl:

...especially Sarasota/Tampa/Clearwater, which is also home to Scientology. Just a whole bunch of sun stroked crack pots over there.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 19015
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Social Studies homework at Bradenton, Florida school: "2020 election was stolen"

Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:32 pm

bennett123 wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
Vintage wrote:
What are you talking about?


I think absentee was a powerful new factor. Laws changed to allow it with fewer witnesses (due to the Covid emergency, as zero vaccines were available). I can say that was a fact where I live. This created a convenient new option to vote from home that was illegal before, potentially raising turnout. Most of the absentee vote went to Biden. I’m not totally sure that got Biden the election, but I think it might be possible


My understanding is that Biden was pro remote voting and Trump anti.

Surprise surprise, most people voting remotely voted Democrat.

No Trump was anti, unless it benefitted him and then he was pro. Remember the simultaneous "stop the count!"/"count every vote!" mewing from the GOP post 2020 election? The voting parameters supported by the GOP were dependent on the outcome of the vote, not vice versa. Biden, and Dems in general, are largely pro more, easier voting for anyone eligible.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, aloha73g, c933103, ElPistolero, MohawkWeekend and 35 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos