Re: Fox News working hard to villainize sex & LGTBQ information

Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:55 am

Braybuddy wrote:
See reply to Tugger above (x10)

So just trolling then? Enjoy.

BawliBooch

Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:11 am

In my experience, the most homophobic/transphobic unkils are the ones who are deeply closeted!

Fox News and the Republican Party is full of this hypocritical lot. Go to "G-Parties" in the suburbs, secret trips to Fire Island with their "Business Associates" but take a strident anti-LGBTQIA position in public!

I want to call them something but I will desist as this is a public forum!

Braybuddy

Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:32 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
You spend a lot of time and effort being pointlessly ugly to other people while whining about being disrespected. That's...a choice.

A sweeping and wholly inacurrate generalisation. Speaks volumes when you attack the person and avoid the argument.

What argument? I was literally repeating your words back to you. :rotfl:

I'd love to know who I've been "pointlessly ugly" to. It's not my style, and never has been.

Virtual737 wrote:

Not at all. but you can never anticipate how people react to posts, and I seem to have unintentionally stumbled into a minefield :eek: . If you've ever read my posts on here you'll know that I don't do trolling. I got banned for a week about 16 years ago for some minor infracion. Otherwise my record on here is exemplary. :angel:

bennett123

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:16 pm

BawliBooch wrote:
In my experience, the most homophobic/transphobic unkils are the ones who are deeply closeted!

Fox News and the Republican Party is full of this hypocritical lot. Go to "G-Parties" in the suburbs, secret trips to Fire Island with their "Business Associates" but take a strident anti-LGBTQIA position in public!

Perhaps hypocrit is an appropriate description.

seb146

Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:39 pm

bennett123 wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:

Perhaps hypocrit is an appropriate description.

A large majority of homophobic people (that term should be changed, BTW. They do not fear LGBTQ+ people) are not closeted. They simply want to only see what fits their narrative. A common theme among the MAGA crowd. Standard issue Republicans and anyone to the left disagree but accept. MAGAs simply want the world to revolve around their narrative. As always, there are exceptions. Yes, there are some leading a closeted life. But, if you listen, many of them claim there were no gays before the 1980s or some such nonsense. And they believe it.

seb146

Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:42 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:

Not at all. but you can never anticipate how people react to posts, and I seem to have unintentionally stumbled into a minefield :eek: . If you've ever read my posts on here you'll know that I don't do trolling. I got banned for a week about 16 years ago for some minor infracion. Otherwise my record on here is exemplary. :angel:

Bray, I know you are not trolling. You are voicing your opinion. As are the rest of us. It is not a minefield. It is simply people expressing their own thoughts and feelings. As we are entitled to do. You included.

Braybuddy

Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:47 pm

seb146 wrote:
Bray, I know you are not trolling. You are voicing your opinion. As are the rest of us. It is not a minefield. It is simply people expressing their own thoughts and feelings. As we are entitled to do. You included.

Of course! The two of us seem to disagree more than agree, but our discussions have never been less than civil, and while I may not always agree with you, I will defend to the death your right to disagree. That's what makes these forums interesting. And thankfully they don't descend to the level of Twitter. :bigthumbsup: