Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

0hAerqplane
Topic Author

Road rage shooting near Oakland

Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:07 pm

I dont get it why the shooting during a road rage happened. I found it through current road rage events news. One man was shot dead and the suspect flees from the scene.https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/09/18/ ... rder-dead/

Aaron747

Re: Road rage shooting near Oakland

Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:24 pm

0hAerqplane wrote:
I dont get it why the shooting during a road rage happened. I found it through current road rage events news. One man was shot dead and the suspect flees from the scene.https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/09/18/ ... rder-dead/

Like shooting fish in a barrel if you're looking for causes - crazy 'Murica, delinquents with guns, abnormally high T, emotionally unbalanced men, sky high stress, sleep deprivation, drugs, take your pick.

LCDFlight

Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:24 pm

I hope the gunman was taken dead or alive. Both ways are legal.

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:14 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
0hAerqplane wrote:

Like shooting fish in a barrel if you're looking for causes - crazy 'Murica, delinquents with guns, abnormally high T, emotionally unbalanced men, sky high stress, sleep deprivation, drugs, take your pick.

Yah that's like a weekly occurrence in TX

bluecrew

Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:20 pm

Have you ever been in that area?

It's horrifying. Bars on the windows, the local WalMart closed due to theft, one of our flight attendants tried to go grab a case of beer on a layover and walked into a standup robbery.

We don't operate it anymore but when I was on the 'bus I had a few late night layovers there and it was terrifying. It's easily the worst neighborhood I've ever stayed in.

If you gave me a choice of walking down the streets of Santiago, DR at 1 AM or Hegenberger Rd, I'm taking Santiago.

NIKV69

Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:24 pm

bluecrew wrote:

It's horrifying. Bars on the windows, the local WalMart closed due to theft, one of our flight attendants tried to go grab a case of beer on a layover and walked into a standup robbery.

We don't operate it anymore but when I was on the 'bus I had a few late night layovers there and it was terrifying. It's easily the worst neighborhood I've ever stayed in.

If you gave me a choice of walking down the streets of Santiago, DR at 1 AM or Hegenberger Rd, I'm taking Santiago.

The Oakland Raiders fled that war zone and the A's are talking to Vegas about doing the same. Speaks volumes.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:12 pm

bluecrew wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous any company would make employees stay in the Coliseum industrial area - there are modest accommodations in completely safe locations near OAK like Alameda and Bay Farm island.

0hAerqplane
Topic Author

Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:41 am

bluecrew wrote:

No but you should do none cause you might get shot by something which might not happen. Just take the bus

seb146

Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:48 am

People get raped and murdered in rural areas. Nothing but nothing is said about this. No one cares, it seems. I wonder why? A "road rage" shooting" happens and, suddenly, we all must be aghast!! OMG!!! A ROAD RAGE!!! SOMEONE KILLED!!! OH, THE HORROR!!!!

Get over it. Murders happen in ever town and city and village. Everywhere. It is a tragedy. Someone lost a family member. Someone lost a sibling/parent/child. Yes. Mourn that. It should be mourned. But, stop this stupid "OUR SIDE IS BETTER!!!" nonsense. Every life is sacred, right? Every life is precious, right? All lives matter, right?

Right?

*mic tap*

right?

Aaron747

Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:13 am

seb146 wrote:
People get raped and murdered in rural areas. Nothing but nothing is said about this. No one cares, it seems. I wonder why? A "road rage" shooting" happens and, suddenly, we all must be aghast!! OMG!!! A ROAD RAGE!!! SOMEONE KILLED!!! OH, THE HORROR!!!!

Get over it. Murders happen in ever town and city and village. Everywhere. It is a tragedy. Someone lost a family member. Someone lost a sibling/parent/child. Yes. Mourn that. It should be mourned. But, stop this stupid "OUR SIDE IS BETTER!!!" nonsense. Every life is sacred, right? Every life is precious, right? All lives matter, right?

Right?

*mic tap*

right?

Mmkay but that’s kind of a non sequitur - we’re talking about a part of Oaktown that everyone knows is bad, not a rural area. It would be more logically sound to mention that Oakland has several neighborhoods that are safe with all homes in the 7-figure range, therefore it aint all bad, etc.

bennett123

Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:50 am

Sadly, not everyone can have a house in the 7 figure range.

seb146

Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:11 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Right?

*mic tap*

right?

Mmkay but that’s kind of a non sequitur - we’re talking about a part of Oaktown that everyone knows is bad, not a rural area. It would be more logically sound to mention that Oakland has several neighborhoods that are safe with all homes in the 7-figure range, therefore it aint all bad, etc.

There were road rage shootings where I lived in the North Bay. Parts of Santa Rosa are as bad as those parts of Oakland. Just like Oakland, there are rat infested homes and there are 7 figure homes in Santa Rosa. Again, murder is tragic, but it seems the whole point of the OP is trolling; the usual "look how much of a cesspool California is".

LCDFlight

Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:08 pm

Good to realize that in the SF area, the problem is not poverty. It’s ignorance.

seb146

Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:56 am

LCDFlight wrote:
Good to realize that in the SF area, the problem is not poverty. It’s ignorance.

The problem is two fold:

no access to healthy outlets for rage and ease of access to firearms. Just like anywhere in the USofA.

SEAorPWM

Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:59 am

seb146 wrote:

Right?

*mic tap*

right?

Not sure what your point is. I was assaulted sexually as a 17 year "adult" male according to "progressive" New Englanders, so nothing came from it due to my "adult" age in per the six New England shithole excuses of states (Masshole cop said I probably deserved it). However, I am still alive... barely :cry:

seb146

Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:36 pm

SEAorPWM wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Right?

*mic tap*

right?

Not sure what your point is. I was assaulted sexually as a 17 year "adult" male according to "progressive" New Englanders, so nothing came from it due to my "adult" age in per the six New England shithole excuses of states (Masshole cop said I probably deserved it). However, I am still alive... barely :cry:

That is horrible. Sadly, there are those who believe men can not be sexually assaulted. Some of those people are in positions of power. I am sorry that happened to you.

My bigger points about the OP are: road rage shootings happen and the same "every life is sacred" people are silent when shootings happen. We all know road rage happens anywhere from rural to urban, so this one incident in Oakland is really not that special.