Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PlymSpotter
Topic Author

Live Music - Your Recent / Upcoming Gigs

Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:19 pm

It's been a tough few years for live music and venues, but gigs made a comeback in 2022. With so many tours pushed back multiple times, I've ended up with a deluge of gigs and live events, not that I'm complaining! :D

In the past we've had a thread for your upcoming gigs and tours - so I thought it would be interesting to revive this and see what else people have going on

For me, I've recently seen:

Frank Turner & My Chemical Romance - Eden Project
Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer - Olympic Stadium, London
Rag & Bone Man - Sussex
Three Days Grace - Kentish Town (bonus points, the band were sat at the next table where we caught dinner pre-gig)
Frank Turner - Brixton Academy, London
The Birthday Massacre - Axis Club, Toronto
Coheed & Cambria - Brixton Academy, London

And still to come in 2022 and early 2023:

The Birthday Massacre (again!) - Lexington, London
Evanescence & Within Temptation - O2 Arena, London
Rise Against - Brixton Academy, London
Amorphis & Eluvetie - Kentish Town, London
Shinedown - Wembley, London
Alter Bridge & Halestorm - O2 Arena, London
Frank Turner - Brighton
Black Stone Cherry - Wembley, London
You Me At Six - Alexandra Palace, London
Panic At The Disco - O2 Arena, London

Dan :)

jetwet1

Re: Live Music - Your Recent / Upcoming Gigs

Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:38 pm

Last one I went to was

Joan Jett
Poison
Def Leppard
Motley Crue

At Sofi in LA.

First time seeing Joan Jett, won't be the last.
Poison was Poison
Def Leppard always puts on a great show
Motley Crue, musically great, Vince, a smurf on helium forgetting every other word, walked out 3 songs in.

I have to say, Sofi is not a great place for a rock concert, the acoustics are terrible.

SL1200MK2

Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:03 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
Last one I went to was

Joan Jett
Poison
Def Leppard
Motley Crue

At Sofi in LA.

First time seeing Joan Jett, won't be the last.
Poison was Poison
Def Leppard always puts on a great show
Motley Crue, musically great, Vince, a smurf on helium forgetting every other word, walked out 3 songs in.

I have to say, Sofi is not a great place for a rock concert, the acoustics are terrible.

Oh no way! I saw video of that show where he walked out. Unless he’s done that more than once.

seb146

Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:07 am

Satriani has left the West Coast, from what I have heard and Air Supply is in South America. I would love to see Ava Max and/or Dua Lipa but I think they will not be near here...

Arion640

Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:13 am

Coldplay and Harry styles 2023.

dc10bhx

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:04 pm

Various Original and Tribute bands at a small independent venue in Birmingham (Billesley Rock Club) averaging to about 3 per month since lock down stopped last year.

I do however have Deep Purple (supported by Blue Oyster Cult) tomorrow night in Birmingham and then Aussie Pink Floyd (also in Birmingham) two weeks later.

CPH-R

Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:18 pm

Went to Roskilde Festival over the summer. The music programme was a bit weak, owing to post-pandemic cancellation of tours, but some great perfomances anyway. Despite not really being my style of music, I was mightily impressed with Post Malone's stage presence, and the fact that he filled the stage all by himself.

Next live gig is Spleen United (Danish synth-pop/rock group) at a local venue in a few weeks time, which should be good. Hoping for Underworld to do a winter tour as their gig at Roskilde 2019 was brilliant, but being a festival gig also quite short (only 75 minutes).

NIKV69

Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:26 pm

Almost made it to Cheap Truck but weather rolled at an outdoor venue. Nothing planned.

stlgph

Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:21 pm

this year has been a busy one for concerts.

Billy Joel – Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte
Bonnie Raitt/Lucinda Williamson – Ovens, Charlotte
Coldplay – Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta
Elton John – Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte
Elton John - Stadium, Charleston
Farm Aid – Walnut Creek, Raleigh
Flogging Molly – Metro Amp, Charlotte
Gladys Knight - Ovens, Charlotte
Jack Johnson & Ziggy Marley - PNC, Charlotte
Kenny Chesney – Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte
New Kids On the Block Mix Tape – Spectrum, Charlotte
One Republic – PNC, Charlotte
Paula Cole - Orange Peel, Asheville
Rod Stewart and Cheap Trick - PNC, Charlotte
Stevie Nicks - Jazz Festival, New Orleans
Stevie Nicks – Ruoff, Indianapolis
Stevie Nicks – PNC, Charlotte
Stevie Nicks – Stadium, Charleston
Stevie Nicks – Ameris, Atlanta
Stevie Nicks – Ascend, Nashville
Stevie Nicks – Bonnaroo, Tennessee
Tears for Fears/Garbage – PNC, Charlotte
Tears for Fears/Garbage – Ruoff, Indianapolis

upcoming -
Stevie Nicks, Orion @ Huntsville
Bruce Springsteen, Greensboro Coliseum @ Greensboro

Revelation

Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:58 am

Most of my bucket list has already been punched.

One notable show I saw this spring was Tal Wikenfeld and her band. It was everything I thought it could be, and more. That woman just oozes talent. It was so good I also found out she was playing within driving distance the next night and I went to that show too.

Damn, I just found a post I made here about her 12 years ago, back when were weren't as PC as we now are:

viewtopic.php?t=1212117#p17912493

Kent350787

Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:31 am

Deb Conway and Willy Zygier just booked for Sunday week in Marrickville, Sydney, Australia. I think the room only hold around 300 people.

Singing in a choral concert myself the following weekend in Sydney Town Hall with orchestra, hopefully 800-1,000 ticket sold. It’s so hard to sell tickets early even past the worst of Covid

stlgph

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:11 pm

very exciting spring/summer 2023 awaits.

Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks on a joint stadium tour.
hell. yes.

nwadeicer

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:35 pm

Wife and I saw Keith Urban this weekend, last stop of his current tour. Had Tyler Hubbard, one half of Florida Georgia Line and Ingrid Andress as openers. I am a metal guy through and through but that show was amazing. I'd put Urban up against any other guitarist out there, living or deceased. Ingrid Address has an amazing voice and should be up there with the "A" list female singers of that genre. Tyler Hubbard was a bit too much bro country twangy for me. So glad we went.

nwadeicer

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:37 pm

stlgph wrote:

hell. yes.

Would love to see Stevie Nicks, in my other post I mentioned Ingrid Andress. She said at one point during her performance that she opened for Stevie earlier in the week. Now that would be a great show!

LCDFlight

Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:06 pm

On on the old fogey side of the scale, a friend took me to the Doobie Bros earlier in the year. On the other end, I got to see the Gen Z jazz duo Domi and JD Beck. Both shows were great, very impressive for different reasons.

M564038

Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:25 pm

Domi and JD Beck!
First artists mentioned in this thread I really want to see live! I am exited and hope that particular musical branch turns out to have some input on which way things are moving in musical trends.

(For those new to them, here they are with Arianna Grande and Thundercat. One of their more accesible tracks;-) https://youtu.be/Sa0upTDZDYQ )

(Edit: You got me on a You Tube-trip with thant mention, LCD. Man, those guys are so beyond reality. I had missed their recent tiny desk concert apperaence: https://youtu.be/ANPbOxaRIO0 )
Music is in good hands!

LCDFlight wrote:
On on the old fogey side of the scale, a friend took me to the Doobie Bros earlier in the year. On the other end, I got to see the Gen Z jazz duo Domi and JD Beck. Both shows were great, very impressive for different reasons.

csturdiv

Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:04 am

In a few days I'm seeing the Black Crowes. I've seen them before as an opener but they are the main act and are doing their entire 'Shake Your Money Maker' album.

In early December I'm seeing Crystal Method.

stlgph

Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:45 pm

nwadeicer wrote:
stlgph wrote:

hell. yes.

Would love to see Stevie Nicks, in my other post I mentioned Ingrid Andress. She said at one point during her performance that she opened for Stevie earlier in the week. Now that would be a great show!

yes, she opened for her in Stevie's early summer shows. my parents saw the Keith Urban tour and said Ingrid was much different this time around - with Stevie it was just her and a piano!

csturdiv

Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:17 am

csturdiv wrote:
In a few days I'm seeing the Black Crowes. I've seen them before as an opener but they are the main act and are doing their entire 'Shake Your Money Maker' album.

The Black Crowes show was so good, they may be a bit older now, but the passion and energy was still there. James Brown's 'Sex Machine' welcomed them onto the darkened stage and as soon as it ended, the stage lights came on and they blew the roof off with 'Twice As Hard' and put on one heck of a show.

Mortyman

Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:37 pm

* A-HA
* Sigrid

N14AZ

Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:10 pm

Will anyone go to the joint Journey-Toto concerts? Unfortunately, USA concerts only :-(

CaptHadley

Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:00 am

N14AZ wrote:
Will anyone go to the joint Journey-Toto concerts? Unfortunately, USA concerts only :-(

I'd go see Toto, Steve Lukather is an amazing guitarist. Journey isn't Journey without Steve Perry, Ross Valory or Steve Smith.

bunumuring

Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:02 am

Hey guys,
There's an outdoor concert within walking distance of my place in a couple of months .... Rod Stewart (ummmm, no thanks) supported by Cyndi Lauper (brilliant! Saw her True Colours tour when I was a teenager and loved her ever since). It sold out in minutes.
Desperately hoping that Simple Minds reschedule their Aussie tour as I had tickets for their covid-postponed Australian tour.
Also hoping that Depeche Mode will extend their recently announced tour to Australia, especially for the sake of my kids who would LOVE to see them / hear them.
I knocked back the offer of tickets to see Harry Styles in Sydney early next year.
The one concert I am so sad about missing was last month in Dublin: Deacon Blue with special guests Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott. Would've given anything to have been there! Fingers crossed that Deacon Blue extend their 'All Those Old 45s' tour Downunder... C'mon Ricky! Make it happen!
On a more personal note, I cannot wait to see a very special lady perform all her best on stage on Saturday night, in front of family, friends and many others who will first learn of her then.
Take care,
Bunumuring

bunumuring

Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:07 am

Hey Mortyman,
Fact: I queued up for hours as a kid to get tickets for a-ha's Sydney concerts when Take On Me became massive. I failed to get any as they sold out before I got to the head of the queue. I was trying to impress my Morten-obsessed girlfriend of the time by getting her tickets. I actually didn't mind a-ha, but INXS ruled my teenage world!
Funny thing is, since I heard their Memorial Beach album, I have become an increasingly appreciative a-ha fan and would love to see them live if they ever toured Australia again.
Enjoy the concert - I'd love to hear how it goes!
Take care,
Bunumuring

N14AZ

Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:54 pm

CaptHadley wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

I'd go see Toto, Steve Lukather is an amazing guitarist. Journey isn't Journey without Steve Perry, Ross Valory or Steve Smith.

Wow, I had no clue that this is not a real Journey concert. So I won‘t miss anything.

I am so glad that I had seen a Toto concert in 2017 with David Paich and Steve Porcaro. Nowadays it’s just Steve Lukather and Joe Williams as original members.

Vintage

Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:19 am

I've not gone to a lot of concerts until the last few years, but I'm making up for it. Since 2019 I've seen Fleetwood Mac twice, Stevie Nicks with her band, the Eagles, and Carlos Santana at the new Chase Center in SF which is more or less in the neighborhood where Carlos grew up. His was the second show to play there after it opened. Then I saw Carlos again down at the Shoreline amphitheater. All those shows were spectacular!

I've also seen a few others including Elton John, Lady GaGa and Eric Clapton.

Next up is a ticket I bought on the spur of the moment for Dec 1st at the Chase Center to see Andrea Bocelli the superstar Italian Tenor. That will be something new for me. I love the Chase Center as well as the Golden One center in Sacramento, which is even more perfect at about 3/4 size of the Chase Center. Both of these places have great sound.

CaptHadley

Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:40 am

N14AZ wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Wow, I had no clue that this is not a real Journey concert. So I won‘t miss anything.

I am so glad that I had seen a Toto concert in 2017 with David Paich and Steve Porcaro. Nowadays it’s just Steve Lukather and Joe Williams as original members.

Give it another year and it'll be "Steve Lukather's Toto experience" Loved seeing some of these bands back when they had the original members. Now it's just a cash grab for them. There isn't one original member of Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot and quite a few others. Hell, Lynyrd Skynyrd is down to 2, if you count Rickey Medlocke. Sorry, not going to see a tribute band.