Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

B777LRF

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:24 pm

Gave this a good thought, and the answer is that I’m as loyal to a brand as a brand is loyal to me. Now do I have preferences? Well, yes, but nothing a good bargain or a better product can’t easily overcome.

On second thought, I am rather partial to Octane 100 fuel. But whether it’s decanted from a Shell, OK, Q8, Aral, Total or something else pump I couldn’t care less about - as long as it’s not LukOil.

Kiwirob

Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:25 am

flipdewaf wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Baked Beans - Heinz

I can’t imagine another brand of baked beans existing!

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I lived in NZ it was Watties Baked Beans, now in Norway it’s Heinz.

csturdiv

Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:45 am

Not really brand loyal, but cafe loyal. I walk past several cafes each morning to get my morning long black to get to the cafe I go to. There is just something about the coffee beans they use that makes it stand above all others in the area.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:21 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
flipdewaf wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Baked Beans - Heinz

Fred

B&M baked in Portland, ME, USA, far superior.

Truth!

AntonioMartin

Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:54 am

I love Delta Airlines, Coca Cola, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Gerber ...(I still eat their vanilla custard from time to time) Sears, Ford., Hellmann's, Mr. Peanuts, Playboy (for their logo and their articles), Snickers chocolate bars, Matchbox cars, Schabak planes , Starbucks, Supermercados Pueblo...

Used to love a few certain things with a certain brand Im sure Id be banned from here if I mentioned it.

ACDC8

Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:53 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
flipdewaf wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Baked Beans - Heinz

Fred

As long as the canned beans have maple syrup in it, I'm good :thumbsup:

I think I've got a mix of Bush's and No-Name in the cupboard right now.

seb146 wrote:
Sketchers just seem kinda "dad" shoes. Like New Balance.

I agree, as much as I love the comfort of Sketchers, they do indeed seem to be giving off that "Dad" vibe more and more over the last few years hence why I've been leaning more to Adidas over the last couple of years - need to persevere my youthful vibe. As to quote my ex's daughters comments on my new Adidas shoes "Its about time! Much, much better!" :lol:

AntonioMartin

Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:12 am

leader1 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I actually boycott KFC for the one near my house is dirty and food is horrid. Only fast food I refuse to eat next to Weinerschitznel.

You need to try KFC in South Korea, it’s beyond any KFC I’ve tried anywhere else, it’s is next level god tier fried chicken. I’ve been told Japanese KFC is just as good.

Agree. I used to live in South Korea and Japan. Both countries’ KFCs blow everything else out of the water. I’d rank South Korea’s as better than Japan’s, but Japan’s is really good. Korea, in general, is insane when it comes to fried chicken and how they make it. Nowhere else comes close.

I love KFC's classic flavor and KFC the brand, but in the U.S., I think corporate has stopped caring. The one near my house is dirty too, their workers anti-social and when I emailed customer service, I didnt even get a response. Oh and their flavor has changed...now its almost flavorless? Guess for good KFC I need to fly to North Eastern Asia? :D

AntonioMartin

Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:15 am

AntonioMartin wrote:
, Mr. Peanuts,

Ehem...by Mr. Peanuts, I meant Planters lol
Last edited by AntonioMartin on Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ACDC8

Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:15 am

AntonioMartin wrote:
I love KFC's classic flavor and KFC the brand, but in the U.S., I think corporate has stopped caring. The one near my house is dirty too, their workers anti-social and when I emailed customer service, I didnt even get a response. Oh and their flavor has changed...now its almost flavorless? Guess for good KFC I need to fly to North Eastern Asia? :D

I agree with this. KFC here in Canada is not what it used to be. Chicken I find is always dry and the pieces have gotten a lot smaller.

cpd

Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:56 am

Headphones/speakers: Bose - I've had great customer service and support with them over a lot of years.
Cameras: Nikon - again excellent customer service over the years although I was in the NPS program so my experience may be different to others.
Coffee: Campos coffee (consistent quality) and Lavazza.
Coffee machines: Nuova Simonelli
Computers: Apple - bit of a qualification here, I'm using Mac Pro machines, these are expensive work stations. I have three of them, 2010 Mac Pro, the 2013 cylinder Mac Pro (a USD$9599 machine) and the 2019 Mac Pro (AUD$16,500). These are solid workhorses.

In my house you get Campos coffee, freshly ground. I'm no barista by trade but over the years I've learned how to make coffee fairly well with good consistency, it's at least like what you get in any of the coffee shops with Campos coffee. Lavazza I like their modo-mio pods when I'm in a hurry and cannot wait for the big machine to warm up (it takes 15 minutes).

Kiwirob

Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:30 am

ACDC8 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
flipdewaf wrote:

Fred

As long as the canned beans have maple syrup in it, I'm good :thumbsup:

I think I've got a mix of Bush's and No-Name in the cupboard right now.

seb146 wrote:
Sketchers just seem kinda "dad" shoes. Like New Balance.

I agree, as much as I love the comfort of Sketchers, they do indeed seem to be giving off that "Dad" vibe more and more over the last few years hence why I've been leaning more to Adidas over the last couple of years - need to persevere my youthful vibe. As to quote my ex's daughters comments on my new Adidas shoes "Its about time! Much, much better!" :lol:

I didn't know Sketchers made shoes for men, I always thought they were a brand for females only. As far as I remember the advertising back in the day was all Britney Spears and young women, so in my head I find it odd that grown men would wear them, let alone dads!

Kiwirob

Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:35 am

cpd wrote:
Headphones/speakers: Bose - I've had great customer service and support with them over a lot of years.
Cameras: Nikon - again excellent customer service over the years although I was in the NPS program so my experience may be different to others.
Computers: Apple - bit of a qualification here, I'm using Mac Pro machines, these are expensive work stations. I have three of them, 2010 Mac Pro, the 2013 cylinder Mac Pro (a USD$9599 machine) and the 2019 Mac Pro (AUD$16,500). These are solid workhorses.

In my house you get Campos coffee, freshly ground. I'm no barista by trade but over the years I've learned how to make coffee fairly well with good consistency, it's at least like what you get in any of the coffee shops with Campos coffee. Lavazza I like their modo-mio pods when I'm in a hurry and cannot wait for the big machine to warm up (it takes 15 minutes).

Gotta ask how often do you buy a coffee machine, they last for decades. My wife has a Moccamaster that was handed down, it's ancient but still works like a new one. Norway as a country is loyal to Moccamaster, almost every home has one.

WesternDC6B

Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:12 am

AntonioMartin wrote:
leader1 wrote:

Agree. I used to live in South Korea and Japan. Both countries’ KFCs blow everything else out of the water. I’d rank South Korea’s as better than Japan’s, but Japan’s is really good. Korea, in general, is insane when it comes to fried chicken and how they make it. Nowhere else comes close.

Any chain bought up by Yum Brands soon turns to trash. The food is low quality and the facilities get run down and dirty.

ACDC8

Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:02 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
I didn't know Sketchers made shoes for men

They sure do - incredibly comfortable, I'll give them that.
WesternDC6B wrote:
Any chain bought up by Yum Brands soon turns to trash. The food is low quality and the facilities get run down and dirty.

Yup, Pizza Hut is another great example.

hh65man

Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:18 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
flipdewaf wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Baked Beans - Heinz

Fred

Heinz baked beans with sausages to be more accurate, the best of the best. Australia has them but can’t find them here in Norge.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:43 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
they do indeed seem to be giving off that "Dad" vibe more and more over the last few years
:

Frumpy or not they are the most comfortable.

TWA772LR

Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:34 pm

Levi's jeans, they're starting to lose me on shirts though.

Skymarks and Geminijets for model planes.

And of course, Lego.

Kiwirob

Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:19 pm

hh65man wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
flipdewaf wrote:

Fred

Whan I lived in NZ it was Watties Baked Beans, now in Norway it’s Heinz.

Heinz baked beans with sausages to be more accurate, the best of the best. Australia has them but can’t find them here in Norge.

Heinz beans are available in Norge, but only the regular and lite ones, we don't get them with sausages. My favourite when I was a kid was Watties baked beans with meatballs on toast.

cpd

Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:21 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
cpd wrote:

Gotta ask how often do you buy a coffee machine, they last for decades. My wife has a Moccamaster that was handed down, it's ancient but still works like a new one. Norway as a country is loyal to Moccamaster, almost every home has one.

I had a gaggia machine that suffered corrosion. I got rid of that and got the big Nuova Simonelli machine which has been going for so long I can’t remember.

It’s a big espresso machine. Also have a commercial grinder that has been going for similar time.

The espresso machine has needed some servicing and replacement parts but they are cheap and I can do the work myself.

ACDC8

Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:48 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Don't disagree with you on that - Skechers comfort is top notch.

N965UW

Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:00 pm

I'm not really into brand loyalty but I have a few:

Smartphones: Apple
Laptops: Lenovo
Trumpet mouthpieces: Bach
Saxophone reeds: Rico (those in the woodwind community will ding me for that one but I stand by them)

There are also many brands that I tend to get more often than not (too many to list here) mainly because they happen to be the best option at the time.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:46 pm

N965UW wrote:
I'm not really into brand loyalty but I have a few:

Smartphones: Apple
Laptops: Lenovo
Trumpet mouthpieces: Bach
Saxophone reeds: Rico (those in the woodwind community will ding me for that one but I stand by them)

There are also many brands that I tend to get more often than not (too many to list here) mainly because they happen to be the best option at the time.

I used to love Dell for computers, I bought a Lenovo it's amazing!

Ken777

Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:06 am

Airline - BA. I used to put CX, QF and AA high on my list, but I'm not flying the Pacific anymore and AA has really screwed the customers for way too many fees - and nothing to drink (even water) for a 1 hour flight. At least QF managed an honest hot meal on the 1 hot flight SYD - MEL. (There was one horrid chicken hot meal on QF that grossed the Economy section out.)

Planes - always loved the B744 and the 777 has moved up to the same love. The 744's are best for the Pacific and the 777 for the Atlantic.

Cars? Right now all I care about are SUVs. After 5 different cancer surgeries I ned to be able to get in and out with ease and SUVs fir the bill. Right now I'm driving a Buick Encore for city driving, A bud change from a DeVille, but I like the milage when gas prices go up

Cruises - Royal Caribbean. It was the first cruise line the wife and I took together and they worked hard to win our loyalty. My wife's family migrated to Australia from Scotland in '56 and her biggest memory was that her ship was the last pax ship through the Suez Canal. My previous ocean travel was compliments of the US Navy for 3 tours to WestPac.

Electronics - Apple. I used to be a Dell fan because of their outstanding tech support. Then Dell moved support to India and it went to crap. After a week of reinstalling Windows with no success I dumped Dell and went with Apple. Their tech support is first rate and the platforms seem to be safer and more stable.

TVs - LG and Samsung

Vacation Destinations - Europe, starting with Scotland but including England, Ireland, France, Venice and Italy.

Shoes? I used to be exclusive with Alden but since I no longer work in Retailing I can't afford them. Now Sketchers are at the top of my list.

Jeans - Lands End. They alter the leg length to the 27" Inseam I need and don't charge for the alterations. Good fabrics and fit so I'm happy.

Clothes - Jos A Banks. This was basically based on the fabrics used, especially in Sport Clothes and Suits, I'd rate the walls as 80's or 90's.

`

Kiwirob

Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:18 am

Ken777 wrote:

Electronics - Apple. I used to be a Dell fan because of their outstanding tech support. Then Dell moved support to India and it went to crap. After a week of reinstalling Windows with no success I dumped Dell and went with Apple. Their tech support is first rate and the platforms seem to be safer and more stable.

It wasn't Dell who shifted support to India it was NCR when they won't the worldwide contract to support Dell products. NCR did it gradually, they started with Australia and NZ then went world wide. They also moved there own customer services to India at the same time, it was a complete clusterfuck, my job at NCR was moved to Australia then to India, I was made redundant when the job moved to Australia.

JJJ

Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:31 am

I've been an on and off Alfa Romeo fan. I've had 4 of them and currently looking at a acquaintance's Spider as a weekend ride.

As happy as I am with the Giulia I'm pretty sure at some point I'll regret getting that spider.

cpd

Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:42 am

Kiwirob wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

It wasn't Dell who shifted support to India it was NCR when they won't the worldwide contract to support Dell products. NCR did it gradually, they started with Australia and NZ then went world wide. They also moved there own customer services to India at the same time, it was a complete clusterfuck, my job at NCR was moved to Australia then to India, I was made redundant when the job moved to Australia.

I got 12 years out of Mac Pro 5,1 from 2010, in the end upgraded to dual CPUs, 12 cores, 3.46ghz, 128GB RAM, RX580 8GB graphics card, running Monterey and with very fast solid state drives. Thing was purchased 2010 as a quad-core 3.2ghz with 8GB ram and a 1TB HDD and was runnning whatever the Mac OS was at the time. A few months back it stopped running, I suspect a CPU problem. I have two spare Xeon X5690s which I will try putting in it. That was a superb machine and it might still go again.

It was replaced with a brand new built to order Mac Pro late-2019 7,1. The 2010 model with a 27" screen back in the day was about AUD$5900. My new 7,1 Mac Pro as a computer only (no screen) was almost AUD$16,000. So far this new one has been flawless as well and ridiculously fast at everything. :)

Having pulled apart Mac Pros, the 2010 model 5,1, the 2013 cylinder Mac Pro and the 2019 model - you really appreciate the engineering that went into them.

Here right now I have three of them running:

2010 Mac Pro 5,1 Xeon X5690 3.46ghz 6 core, 32GB ram, 2TB SSD, RX580 8GB gpu, Monterey 12.1 (my Zwift computer)
2013 Mac Pro 6,1 Xeon E5 2697V2 2.7ghz 12 core, 64GB ram, 1TB SSD, 2x AMD D700 6gb gpu, Monterey 12.6 (the maximum spec of this model of mac)
2019 Mac Pro 7,1 Xeon W3245 3.2ghz 16 core, 48GB RAM, 3x 1TB SSD, AMD W6800X 32GB gpu, Ventura 13.0

The 2019 model might get a second W6800X GPU along with a 2.5ghz 28 core W3275M Xeon. It looks easy to upgrade. The trick is buy the middle spec machine to start with then buy the top CPU from Amazon or ebay later on and save lots of money. It's still a $3000 CPU but it's cheaper than getting it new. Then you can go spend $30,000 on 1.5TB RAM. ;) (not likely)

northstardc4m

Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:57 am

Brand loyalty is a dying idea… and it’s dead with me. I will buy the best option for me (Quality vs Price vs whatever) at the time. Logo on it is irrelevant to me now.

M564038

Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:11 am

I have a few.
Phones and computers:Apple
Headphones:Sennheiser
Microphones: Neumann
Speakers: ATC and B&W

Other than that. The more of a brand, and bigger the company it is, the worse the quality is, I guess. Brands such as McDonalds and Bose has been mentioned in this Thread ffs. On the other hand you have brands such as Sony and Yamaha that has put out amazing products over a wide tange of product lines over many, many years ao I guess there are exeptions to the rule.

bpatus297

Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:28 am

ACDC8 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Don't disagree with you on that - Skechers comfort is top notch.

Skechers are in deed very comfortable, but you should check out On Clouds. They are pretty great shoes.

StarAC17

Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:18 pm

M564038 wrote:
rand, and bigger the company it is, the worse the quality is, I guess. Brands such as McDonalds and Bose has been mentioned in this Thread ffs. On the other hand you have brands such as Sony and Yamaha that has put out amazing products over a wide tange of product lines over many, many years ao I guess there are exeptions to the rule.

Many big companies make quality products, that is why they are big. However Japanese companies have always focused on quality. Sony and Yamaha being an example, and their car companies are always at or near the top of loyalty

Considering McDonalds main business is real estate and not fast food I think they do ok. Their quality was crap a decade or so ago but they have improved since. At least in Canada their coffee and casual items probably are 2nd to Starbucks and any local café. Tim Hortons was acquired by RBI and has been crap since.

The quality from Big Corporations are cyclical. They get big, get complacent, lose market share and then make quality again. This is common of the US automakers, they were total garbage until the 2008 recession and got bailed out. Since then anything I have driven from GM and Ford has been decent and they cut out their passenger cars and focus on SUV's and Trucks. My friend recently got a Mach E and its just as nice as a Tesla for a lot less money.

bpatus297

Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:20 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
M564038 wrote:
rand, and bigger the company it is, the worse the quality is, I guess. Brands such as McDonalds and Bose has been mentioned in this Thread ffs. On the other hand you have brands such as Sony and Yamaha that has put out amazing products over a wide tange of product lines over many, many years ao I guess there are exeptions to the rule.

Many big companies make quality products, that is why they are big. However Japanese companies have always focused on quality. Sony and Yamaha being an example, and their car companies are always at or near the top of loyalty

Considering McDonalds main business is real estate and not fast food I think they do ok. Their quality was crap a decade or so ago but they have improved since. At least in Canada their coffee and casual items probably are 2nd to Starbucks and any local café. Tim Hortons was acquired by RBI and has been crap since.

The quality from Big Corporations are cyclical. They get big, get complacent, lose market share and then make quality again. This is common of the US automakers, they were total garbage until the 2008 recession and got bailed out. Since then anything I have driven from GM and Ford has been decent and they cut out their passenger cars and focus on SUV's and Trucks. My friend recently got a Mach E and its just as nice as a Tesla for a lot less money.

You bite your tongue about Timmy Hos! LOL

ACDC8

Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:38 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Skechers are in deed very comfortable, but you should check out On Clouds. They are pretty great shoes.

Have not heard of them. Will have to look those up.
StarAC17 wrote:
Tim Hortons was acquired by RBI and has been crap since.

Agree, Timmie's is utter crap these days. Piss poor coffee and the donuts? 3 bites and they're gone and way to dry. They should have stayed what they were, a donut shop with maybe a small selection of soups/sandwiches and not have a ridiculously bloated menu - focus on quality not quantity of items. Don't even get me started on the service, 15 people running around the back of the counter and it still takes them 10 minutes to pour a simple black coffee.

StarAC17

Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:15 pm

bpatus297 wrote:

I won't, its a shell of what it was.

Way too many things on the menu now and as ACDC8 just posted. It needs to go back to what was on its menu 15 years ago.

bpatus297

Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:03 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

I won't, its a shell of what it was.

Way too many things on the menu now and as ACDC8 just posted. It needs to go back to what was on its menu 15 years ago.

LOL, I haven't had it since I moved out of the Dirty D several years ago. It was my preferred coffee when there though.

bunumuring

Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:17 pm

Hey guys,
Brand loyalty is BIG with me…to the point where my family think I’m OCD about it.
Here goes some…
FF program: Qantas. It directs so much of my purchasing.
Supermarkets: Woolworths, due to QFF of course.
Department stores: fanatically Myer, hate David Jones!
Boots: Rossiters, hand-made in South Australia
Joggers: Nike but occasionally Vans if I like the colour/pattern
Fast food: KFC, especially in Japan, though when the Mozzarella sticks are on sale in McDonalds I will find a reason to stop daily to buy them….
Soft drink: Coke No Sugar.
Bread: Helga’s Low Carb 5 seeds
Butter: Devondale DairySoft
Milk: Norco (got to support Lismore farmers)
Socks: Stance or Rodd and Gunn
Undies: Calvin Klein (but I wish Bonds still made the Dynamites briefs)
Tshirts: Selected Homme or SuperDry
Polos: Kathmandu
Business shirts: Van Heusen or Calvin Klein
jackets: The North Face
Suits: Hugo Boss or Van Heusen
Fragrance/aftershave: Issey Miyake, Hugo Boss or Burberry
Camera: Nikon for life
Phone & tablet: Apple for life
Car: life-long Holden (RIP - so a new loyalty is required, trialling Volvo and Jaguar at the moment)
TV: always Samsung
Furniture: always IKEA
White goods: always F&P
Sheets: Sheridan
Toys/relaxation: always Lego
Models: 1/400 GeminiJets
Author: Bill Bryson
Newspaper: SMH and Weekend Australian
Coffee: Campos
Phew!
Take care
Bunumuring

Kiwirob

Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:28 pm

bunumuring wrote:
Hey guys,
Brand loyalty is BIG with me…to the point where my family think I’m OCD about it.
Here goes some…
FF program: Qantas. It directs so much of my purchasing.
Supermarkets: Woolworths, due to QFF of course.
Department stores: fanatically Myer, hate David Jones!
Boots: Rossiters, hand-made in South Australia
Joggers: Nike but occasionally Vans if I like the colour/pattern
Fast food: KFC, especially in Japan, though when the Mozzarella sticks are on sale in McDonalds I will find a reason to stop daily to buy them….
Soft drink: Coke No Sugar.
Bread: Helga’s Low Carb 5 seeds
Butter: Devondale DairySoft
Milk: Norco (got to support Lismore farmers)
Socks: Stance or Rodd and Gunn
Undies: Calvin Klein (but I wish Bonds still made the Dynamites briefs)
Tshirts: Selected Homme or SuperDry
Polos: Kathmandu
Business shirts: Van Heusen or Calvin Klein
jackets: The North Face
Suits: Hugo Boss or Van Heusen
Fragrance/aftershave: Issey Miyake, Hugo Boss or Burberry
Camera: Nikon for life
Phone & tablet: Apple for life
Car: life-long Holden (RIP - so a new loyalty is required, trialling Volvo and Jaguar at the moment)
TV: always Samsung
Furniture: always IKEA
White goods: always F&P
Sheets: Sheridan
Toys/relaxation: always Lego
Models: 1/400 GeminiJets
Author: Bill Bryson
Newspaper: SMH and Weekend Australian
Coffee: Campos
Phew!
Take care
Bunumuring

Nice to see a few kiwi brands sneaking in there, Rodd & Gunn, Kathmandu, F&P.

bunumuring

Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:28 am

Hey Kiwirob…
I forgot to mention….
Cheese: Mainland Epicure
It’s simply the best!
Take care
Bunumuring

1337Delta764

Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:43 pm

I see fairly common items to be loyal to such as brands of electronics, vehicles, and clothing, but I wonder, does anyone here have a brand of faucets or bath/shower fixtures that they are loyal to? I am loyal to Moen myself. However, I am not sure if I would say the same for their sinks (Moen is mainly a faucet brand first).

ER757

Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:41 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
I see fairly common items to be loyal to such as brands of electronics, vehicles, and clothing, but I wonder, does anyone here have a brand of faucets or bath/shower fixtures that they are loyal to? I am loyal to Moen myself. However, I am not sure if I would say the same for their sinks (Moen is mainly a faucet brand first).

Yeah, I like Moen faucets too - when I was a kid, my best friend's Dad worked for the company that became Moen - don't recall what the old name was. I just remember that all their faucets were Moen and back then almost no one had anything like them. We all had the pretty standard two knobs, one for hot, one for cold on either side of the faucet. So I was always impressed when I'd go there and it was just the single handle and you turned it right or left for cold/hot. Yes, I am old..... :old:

1337Delta764

Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:19 pm

ER757 wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

Yeah, I like Moen faucets too - when I was a kid, my best friend's Dad worked for the company that became Moen - don't recall what the old name was. I just remember that all their faucets were Moen and back then almost no one had anything like them. We all had the pretty standard two knobs, one for hot, one for cold on either side of the faucet. So I was always impressed when I'd go there and it was just the single handle and you turned it right or left for cold/hot. Yes, I am old..... :old:

Moen still offers two-handle kitchen and bathroom faucets. However, for shower valves, two handles for hot and cold are no longer allowed in new installations in the United States, since pressure balancing valves are required to prevent scalding, which isn't possible with two separate handles for hot and cold. However, some shower valves allow you to control the temperature and volume of water separately.

gunsontheroof

Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:23 am

I’m pretty sure the only thing close to absolute brand loyalty I have is to Fender, and that’s only if we’re specifically talking about bass guitars. I have preferences I gravitate towards for other things, but I can’t think of any where I won’t consider giving multiple options consideration whereas if I’m looking for a bass, the non-Fender options out there may as well not exist.

M564038

Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:17 am

Agreed.
The only basses out there have 4 strings and a Fender logo.
gunsontheroof wrote:
I’m pretty sure the only thing close to absolute brand loyalty I have is to Fender, and that’s only if we’re specifically talking about bass guitars. I have preferences I gravitate towards for other things, but I can’t think of any where I won’t consider giving multiple options consideration whereas if I’m looking for a bass, the non-Fender options out there may as well not exist.

dampfnudel

Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:46 am

Phones: Apple
Tablet: Apple
Smart watch: Apple
Earphones: Apple
Headphones: SONY
Smart speakers: SONOS
Streaming device(s): Apple/Roku
Camera: SONY
TV: SONY
Game console(s): SONY/Nintendo
Laptop: HP, might switch to Dell
Printer: HP, might switch to Epson
Some accessories: Anker
Portable hard drive: Western Digital
Airline(s): Delta in the US/to the Caribbean, Hawaiian to Hawaii and Lufthansa when I visit family in Germany and want to do some European side trips from there (Italy, Greece, Portugal, etc.)
Vehicle: Acura/Honda
Backpack: JanSport/Adidas/Puma
Jacket/coat: Tommy Hilfiger/The North Face
Underwear: Jockey
Jeans: Levi’s
Pasta: Barilla
Ketchup: Heinz
Bottled water: Poland Spring
Apple juice: Apple & Eve/Mott’s
Ginger ale soda: Schweppes
Lemonade: Simply Lemonade (raspberry)
Greek yogurt: Trader Joe’s Vanilla & Strawberry
Paper towels: Bounty
Toilet paper: Northern Quilted
Tissue paper: Kleenex

bunumuring

Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:52 am

Hey guys,
As an Aussie Downunder I am finding this thread fascinating for all of the brands that I have never heard of! Plus all the brands that I HAVE heard of that i didn't realise had a wide global footprint!
Keep the posts coming!
Take care,
Bunumuring

cpd

Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:16 am

Shoes: Nike / Loake

I have a pair of Nike shoes that are still going.

My Loake shoes may need to go back, one needs to be made higher. :( I know they will do it.

Nothing wrong with the shoes, it’s my leg has healed slightly shorter.

ChrisKen

Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:25 am

Blind loyalty to a brand is idiotic, there's little value in doing so in this day and age.
I have a few preferred brands but ultimately I'll go with what fits the use case the best/provides the best value* to me.

*value doesn't mean cheapest

vhqpa

Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:29 am

Just for fun, not too beholden to any of these.

Tech

Phone: Apple (recent convert, happy with iPhone 13 Pro, although have a soft spot for Android as an OS)
Laptop: Chromebook
Browser: Chrome (Safari on iPhone)
Search Engine: Google (even on iPhone)
Music streaming: Spotify, (also have Apple Music for a couple of more obscure artists)
Movie streaming: Netflix (love the range of world movies)

Shopping

Groceries: The one I work at :D
Fuel: Was the one giving me a 12c/L discount, but as that is about to go back to a paltry 4c/L about to be way less loyal.
Online: eBay
Clothing: Uniqlo (although admittedly most comes from Kmart)
Hardware: Bunnings (like there is much of a choice!)
Furniture: IKEA (although moving to TSV, no stores there, so will be online only)
Food delivery: Doordash
Petstore: Petbarn
Tech: JB Hi-Fi

Clothing

Shirts: Uniqlo
Trousers/Jeans: Uniqlo
Underwear: Bonds
Socks: Holeproof Explorer
Sunglass: Ray Ban (Aviators to be precise)

Auto/Travel

Car: happy with my Mazda although due to be replaced.
Domestic Airline: I tend to go through Qantas and Virgin phases. To be honest most likely to be QF when they have a 717 (and I guess A220 in future) flight that suits my schedule.
International Airline: Singapore Airlines, keen to give United a go if I travel to the US.
Hire car: Budget

Household Items

Dishwashing liquid: Fairy
Soft drink: Classic Coke, Pepsi Max, Schweppes Lemonade
Whitegoods: no real preference, although I bought a Beko washing machine, biggest piece of shit ever.
Soap: Dove
Toothpaste: Colgate
Deodorant: Rexona
Cologne: Hugo Boss
Toilet Paper: Kleenex
Cheese: been eating a lot of Havarti lately, also like Jarlsberg, but only if it is from Norway, none of this Product of Ireland/USA business.

Domestic sports teams:

Aussie Rules: Port Adelaide (AFL)
Rugby League: North Queensland Cowboys (NRL)
Association Football: Brisbane Roar (A-League)
Cricket: Queensland Bulls
T20 Cricket: Brisbane Heat (Big Bash)

International sports teams:

Baseball: Oakland Athletics (MLB)
Also want to follow other sports/teams in particular in the IPL and EPL, but can't decide how to pick a team.

With International sport competitions I'll always support Australia first, but once they're no longer in, my support tends to go to New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands.

1337Delta764

Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:37 pm

Someone mentioned Anker, I actually buy a lot of their products. I have a few of their chargers, as well as two of their Soundcore headphones (Life Q30 and Liberty Air 2), both in pink.

bunumuring

Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:00 pm

Hey guys,
Reading vh-qpa's list reminded me that I have rusted-on loyalty to....
Toiletries: L'Oreal Paris Men, including the increasingly hard to find deodorant....
Music store: Red Eye in Sydney..... Used to be JB Hifi but they've deteriorated so much over the past few years.
Hardware store: anyone except Bunnings.... Bring back Masters please!
Hotel chain: Holiday Inn Express for mid-range, independent motels for budget-range, Sofitel and Grand Hyatt for luxury, Old Clare Sydney for quirky.... But the Little National in Canberra is my go-to there and with their new hotels in Sydney and Newcastle, they are rapidly developing my blind loyalty as a chain!
Rugby league team: Manly Sea Eagles (MY MOST STRONGEST AND LONGEST LOYALTY EVER for anything!!!)
AFL: Sydney Swans
Colour: green, blue or purple
Telco: Telstra (definite 'no' to Optus!!!)
Bank: NO loyalty : banks don't deserve any loyalty....
Take care,
Bunumuring

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:16 pm

bunumuring wrote:
Hey guys,
As an Aussie Downunder I am finding this thread fascinating for all of the brands that I have never heard of! Plus all the brands that I HAVE heard of that i didn't realise had a wide global footprint!
Keep the posts coming!
Take care,
Bunumuring

Bundaberg Ginger beer and Root beee here in the New England, the one north of equator