Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 15471
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:53 pm

In this polarizing climate I thought we will have some fun since in two weeks the posts here will be totally election related. List your brands of everyday items and notes if any.

Dishwashing liguid - Dawn (I love that its used to save wild birds and other wildlife)
American Cheese - Land O Lakes (still the best taste on a sandwich)
Mayo - Hellmans
Motor Oil - Castrol Syntec (still the best oil for the money)
Imaging equipment - Nikon (Austin Powers shoots Nikon, end of story)

go.
 
johns624
Posts: 6224
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:04 pm

So you're the person who likes American cheese. What's wrong with Swiss, Colby, Cheddar, etc?
 
LabQuest
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:09 pm

I'm not really loyal to any brand tbh.
 
User avatar
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 15471
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:14 pm

johns624 wrote:
So you're the person who likes American cheese. What's wrong with Swiss, Colby, Cheddar, etc?


Love Finlandia Swiss, Colby is good, only like Cheddar on crackers not sandwiches. Usually will buy Cracker Barrell.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 25163
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:18 pm

There are food brands I think taste better, but if they are not on sale, I will go with something else. I love Tillamook cheese. I have been to their factory many, many times. But, if Sargento is on sale, I will get Sargento. Shoes, I go for K-Swiss first, but it is hard to find shoes in my size. As someone obsessed with shoes, that is a problem.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 16414
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:42 pm

There are a few products I buy the major brand name of like with diet soda I only choose the Coke/Pepsi/Cadbury-Shwepps (7-Up) brands as better tasting than other and store brands. I do buy many 'house' brand products at my local grocery store or at Walmart as much cheaper and have little or no difference than the name brands. Gasoline is one area where price takes priority, although I do prefer even non-major brands offering 'Top Tier' (high detergent) certified product. Motor oil, that is something I would stick to a major brand that the vehicle maker recommends like with my current car than the Walmart brand. If an oil leaking/burning vehicle, then cheap stuff so long as meets specifications is fine. For TV's I prefer Samsung vs.other brands for how the colors appear to me.
 
vikkyvik
Posts: 12758
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:58 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:55 pm

Cars - Mazda (I'm on my 3rd Mazda in a row, but I have a feeling my next car will not be one)
Cymbals - Zildjian
Drumsticks - Vater
Guitars/Basses - Ibanez (I have 2 Ibanez guitars and 2 Ibanez basses, though I do have a Yamaha acoustic, and an Epiphone SG as well)
Camera stuff - Canon
Phones - Apple
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4672
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:29 pm

Cars - Subaru, was totally sold on them after my sister was run off the road on a bridge by a semi and walked away without a scratch. My last one (before the current model) was totaled when a big Harley crossed the centerline, hit me just in front of the driver's door and put us in a ditch at a 45 degree angle. My brother and I were unharmed.

Guitars - Gibson now that BC Rich are no longer the hand-made beauties they were when I was in a band in the 70's

Computer/Smart phone - Apple

Power tools - Black and Decker

Dog food - Purina Pro Plan

Camera - Canon

TV - Samsung

Audio equipment - JVC (except speakers - those are JBL)
 
FLYFIRSTCLASS
Posts: 356
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:40 pm

Cars: Mercedes-Benz
Ice-Cream: Ben and Jerry's
Widebody Airplane: 777
Pizza: Mountain Mikes
Steak House: Ruths Chris
Beer: Gorden Biersch Marzen
 
User avatar
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 15471
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:51 pm

seb146 wrote:
There are food brands I think taste better, but if they are not on sale, I will go with something else. I love Tillamook cheese. I have been to their factory many, many times. But, if Sargento is on sale, I will get Sargento. Shoes, I go for K-Swiss first, but it is hard to find shoes in my size. As someone obsessed with shoes, that is a problem.


I love Sketchers! Won't wear anything else.

Love my Nissan. 340000 miles and going for a million!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 16307
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:24 pm

Cars: Honda:
Airlines: Delta
Laundry Detergent: Tide
Salt: Morton
 
StarAC17
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:31 pm

Cars - Subaru
Pizza - Pizza Nova
Steakhouse - The Keg
Widebody airliner - The 747 always
TV - Samsung
Clothing - Lululemon
Phones - Google
Gas - Petro-Canada (Costco if convenient)
 
ReverseFlow
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:40 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:44 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
So you're the person who likes American cheese. What's wrong with Swiss, Colby, Cheddar, etc?


Love Finlandia Swiss, Colby is good, only like Cheddar on crackers not sandwiches. Usually will buy Cracker Barrell.
Finlandia is vodka not cheese!

https://www.finlandia.com/en/
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 7442
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:45 pm

Not wedded to any brands in particular, but there are a few I usually stick to:

Cars: VW
Cameras: Nikon
Coffee: Lavazza
Gin: Gordon's
Wine: not a brand, but I love Primitivo
Soft drink: Lucozade
Airline: Ryanair (Yes! You can't beat €25 return flights to France, and their punctuality is great)
Phones: Samsung
 
BHMNONREV
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:17 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:52 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
There are food brands I think taste better, but if they are not on sale, I will go with something else. I love Tillamook cheese. I have been to their factory many, many times. But, if Sargento is on sale, I will get Sargento. Shoes, I go for K-Swiss first, but it is hard to find shoes in my size. As someone obsessed with shoes, that is a problem.


I love Sketchers! Won't wear anything else.


+1.. I own maybe 8-10 pairs of shoes, all Sketchers. Never had one so comfortable in my life!
 
bluecrew
Posts: 684
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:13 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:06 pm

Diswasher pods - Cascade
Laundry pods - Tide
Computer peripherals - Corsair (was loyal to Logitech but had some awful experiences with support, keyboards dying, etc.)
Sunglasses - Rayban
Bags - Luggageworks
Salt - Diamond (this is a weird one - you can't seem to find Morton in Denver, and I lived there for 5 years)
Toothpaste - Colgate

What's funny is I think a lot of this is influenced by who we grow up with. My mom bought all these brands - I think we just default to things we saw around the house. My platonic ideal of ice cream is still Brigham's, which is a regional New England brand and was a staple in my house growing up.

Oddly, I'm not loyal on cleaning products. I use some Mr. Clean, Barkeeper's Friend, and my favorite, the whole line from Zep.
 
User avatar
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 15471
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:05 pm

ReverseFlow wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
So you're the person who likes American cheese. What's wrong with Swiss, Colby, Cheddar, etc?


Love Finlandia Swiss, Colby is good, only like Cheddar on crackers not sandwiches. Usually will buy Cracker Barrell.
Finlandia is vodka not cheese!

https://www.finlandia.com/en/


LOL

bluecrew wrote:
Diswasher pods - Cascade
Laundry pods - Tide
Computer peripherals - Corsair (was loyal to Logitech but had some awful experiences with support, keyboards dying, etc.)
Sunglasses - Rayban
Bags - Luggageworks
Salt - Diamond (this is a weird one - you can't seem to find Morton in Denver, and I lived there for 5 years)
Toothpaste - Colgate

What's funny is I think a lot of this is influenced by who we grow up with. My mom bought all these brands - I think we just default to things we saw around the house. My platonic ideal of ice cream is still Brigham's, which is a regional New England brand and was a staple in my house growing up.

Oddly, I'm not loyal on cleaning products. I use some Mr. Clean, Barkeeper's Friend, and my favorite, the whole line from Zep.


I share your dishwasher pods and laundry pods, Toothpaste I trade off with all the name brands.
 
stlgph
Posts: 11876
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:21 pm

only consistent thing really -
mouthwash and toothpaste - Tom's

signed,
me who has never bought an Apple product or anything from Amazon :)
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 10329
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:09 pm

Cars: Mercedes, on my 5th, but unlikely to be a 6th, too much gadgetry
Cameras: Nikon
Shoes: Paul Bond boots, Keen winter shoes
Pizza: Frank Pepe, no name brands here
Luggage: Briggs & Riley
Airline: Delta
Hotels: Marriott
Shotshells: B&P or Fiocchi, but anything that goes bang lately
Electronics: Apple, nothing but problems with Dell, 12 years on a iMac w/o a problem
Salt: Diamond
Cookware: Falk Culinar or DeBuyer
Polos: Ben Silver or Southern Tide, Vineyard Vines, too
Hot Sauce: Frank’s
Juice: Lakewood Or Natalie’s
Scotch: Talisker
Gin: Tanqueray
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 28165
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:29 pm

Brand loyalty is an odd thing these days now that brands themselves are bought and sold. So much bait and switch out there.

My friend talked himself into buying some GE appliances. I told them the brand name was sold to a Chinese firm and he was buying junk, but he didn't listen. Now he has learned the hard way that I was right.

Branding a stadium used to mean something, it used to be prestigious because it was understood the stadium's name wouldn't be changing every few years. Now it's kinda absurd that announcers are giving free plugs to various corporations every time they say the name of a stadium.

Having said all this, some brands I'll plug:

Shoes: Personally I'm a fan of Merill and of Ecco. I know that's very subjective. Actually half the Merills I try on don't fit, but the ones that do fit me are quite comfortable and last a long time. Eccos alway fit, last a long time and are very comfortable.

Phones: I'm happy with Google Fi pay as you go plans. Definitely like the fact that the Pixel phones are bleeding-edge non-bloated Android distros that gets updated very frequently so always state-of-the-art for the Android ecosystem. Hardware wise, I was happier with Pixel 3A XL than I am with 5A. The 5A's touch screen is just not as good. It frequently misses a lot of the clicks I try to make, and also does false-positives when I'm just picking up the phone. This didn't seem to happen as much as when I had the 3A. The 5A camera is far better though. As for privacy, well, all Android OSes are reporting back to the mother ship all the time. I tried Apple phones and laptops and while I thought the hardware was wonderful I found the software to be annoying, so could never buy in to their ecosystem.

Wide-body airliners: DL's A330-300/900 are pretty hard to beat when it comes to Y-class comfort and bang-for-the-buck on TATL hops. AMS has had its rough patches this summer, but my recent trip was really smooth.

Laptops: Still a fan of high-end Lenovo Thinkpads. Am tempted by the Apple ARM laptops once Linux is more mature on that platform. Till then my beastly Lenovo rocks on.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 9121
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:50 pm

Cars: VW - always find that their interiors the best at the price point, plus they're amazingly fun to drive compared to comparable cars and thanks to Megan, we still have a manual option for the GTI and R. Owned 7 so far and had only one major issue - number 8 is on its way. When its time to go EV, it'll most likely be VW as well - absolutely loving their EV products.

Phone/computer: Apple - absolutely love their design, especially now that the MacBook and iPhone have gone back to their more "blocky" design and they feel fantastic when using them. Love the operating system all though it can be limiting at times, but super easy to navigate and use. My Macbook is going on 8 years and is still almost top notch, other than the screen coating peeling off. I still have my old iPhone 7 and have zero issues with it. Next year will be upgrade time though.

Shoes: Sketchers/Adidas - love Sketchers for their comfort, simply can't beat them and love Adidas for their classic design.

Hair products: Reuzel - great fragrance and great product overall.

Soap/Deodorant: Old Spice - cheap, smells good and works.

Face products: Kiehl's - relatively affordable but actually works.

Wallet: Secrid - absolutely the best wallets in the industry (as long as you don't carry much cash). I bought my first one about 8 years ago and its still like new, bought a second one this year for a change in colour.

Sunglasses: Ray-Ban - should be self explanatory on an aviation website - love the Wayfarer's
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 28165
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:14 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
Cars: VW - always find that their interiors the best at the price point, plus they're amazingly fun to drive compared to comparable cars and thanks to Megan, we still have a manual option for the GTI and R. Owned 7 so far and had only one major issue - number 8 is on its way. When its time to go EV, it'll most likely be VW as well - absolutely loving their EV products.

I'd do some googling on the ID.4's software. Apparently it's a real poop fest. The phone app is next to worthless, the on-board infotainment software just stops working all on its own, etc. They have been promising updates to fix the issues, but so far they have not delivered on their promises. Tesla has set the bar mighty high, and so far the legacy auto makers are really struggling in pretty much every aspect of the software, especially delivering on frequent over-the-air updates. As certain people have been known to say, do your own research...
 
ACDC8
Posts: 9121
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:20 pm

Revelation wrote:
I'd do some googling on the ID.4's software. Apparently it's a real poop fest. The phone app is next to worthless, the on-board infotainment software just stops working all on its own, etc. They have been promising updates to fix the issues, but so far they have not delivered on their promises. Tesla has set the bar mighty high, and so far the legacy auto makers are really struggling in pretty much every aspect of the software, especially delivering on frequent over-the-air updates. As certain people have been known to say, do your own research...

I'm aware of the issues, but thanks anyways. My first EV is still a good 10 years away, so lots of time to get things ironed out.
 
User avatar
WesternDC6B
Posts: 1617
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:30 pm

Mayonnaise: Hellman’s or Dukes
Electronic stuff: mostly LG
Receivers: Onkyo or Yamaha
Major Appliances: LG and Whirlpool
Specialty Grocer: Trader Joe’s
Vehicles: whoever offers what I fit in
Wide body aircraft: 330 or 767
Computer: Apple but not a snob about it
Piano (acoustic) Kawai

Brands I avoid:

Samsung ANYTHING based on failure rate or being badgered with ads. No, it’s not my carrier.

Ford: king of the recalls and refusal to honor warrant claims.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4672
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Brand loyality

Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:16 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
Steakhouse - The Keg


Man I miss The Keg - they used to be all over here in the Seattle area but one by one they closed. I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any left around here now.

I agree with the posts about Sketchers shoes - have several pair

One more, Coffee - Seattle's Best. Not sure if they'll remain untouched now that Nestle recently bought them. Hoping they will be like Starbucks and leave them alone after the sale is final. Still tastes the same as when the Stuart Brothers owned it, so Starbucks didn't mess with the roasts. :crossfingers:
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 25163
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:18 am

BHMNONREV wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
There are food brands I think taste better, but if they are not on sale, I will go with something else. I love Tillamook cheese. I have been to their factory many, many times. But, if Sargento is on sale, I will get Sargento. Shoes, I go for K-Swiss first, but it is hard to find shoes in my size. As someone obsessed with shoes, that is a problem.


I love Sketchers! Won't wear anything else.


+1.. I own maybe 8-10 pairs of shoes, all Sketchers. Never had one so comfortable in my life!


I had Sketchers when they first came out and they were great. Now, they don't seem to fit my lifestyle. I am sure they are comfortable and all, but I am just not ready for that, I guess.
 
User avatar
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 15471
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:22 am

seb146 wrote:

I had Sketchers when they first came out and they were great. Now, they don't seem to fit my lifestyle. I am sure they are comfortable and all, but I am just not ready for that, I guess.


Do you go through the day barefoot? LOL.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 18617
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:26 am

Tokyo-centric response:

Train lines:
Subway: Chiyoda, Marunouchi. Ginza is too crowded at all times of day
JR: Chuo and Yamanote. Saikyo is hopelessly crowded and delayed every weekday morning.
Toyoko: lacks suicide gates so ‘accident’ delays are too frequent
Odakyu/Seibu-Chichibu: best for getting out of town quickly on weekends

Electronics shop: Bic Camera. Great selection and quality range from $ to $$$. Nice import liquor section too

Pizza: Pizza Slice in Omotesando and Shimokitazawa, totally authentic NY pizza. Jury is still out on Chicago-style pie shops.

Airport: HND

Hotels: Grand Arc Hanzomon

Supermarket: Daiei for veggies, Odakyu OX and Y’s Mart for deli section, Seijo Ishii for quality imports, Gyomu Super for cheapo imports, Kakujo for fresh seafood

Convenience store: 7-Eleven, best snack selection. FamilyMart: best $1 coffee

Hot Sauce: Brand name escapes me, but the tiny 50 mL bottle of 唐辛子

Secondhand American clothing: Top of the Hill, Koenji and Shimokitazawa

Mexican food: La Jolla, Hiroo

American bakery: Hudson Market Bakers, Azabu

Juice: Tropicana Japan-only smoothie line

Beer: Heartland 1st, Sapporo red label (runner up)

**For the largest city in the world, this is not remotely scratching the surface, big disclaimer.
 
hh65man
Posts: 380
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:10 am

Levi’s over Wrangler
Specialized, Cannondale, Bianchi (road)
VW, Toyota
Tabasco
 
User avatar
TheFlyingDisk
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:29 am

Honestly, the only brand-conscious item I consume would be soda and it's only Coke Zero. Never liked Pepsi as it's too sweet for my taste, even their Zero version.

Everything else, I can consider other brands.
 
User avatar
mad99
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:33 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:51 am

Car = BMW

Pots and pans = Fissler

Phone = iphone

Airline = KLM

Jeans = Levi’s 501
 
JJJ
Posts: 4426
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:12 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:06 am

Revelation wrote:
ACDC8 wrote:
Cars: VW - always find that their interiors the best at the price point, plus they're amazingly fun to drive compared to comparable cars and thanks to Megan, we still have a manual option for the GTI and R. Owned 7 so far and had only one major issue - number 8 is on its way. When its time to go EV, it'll most likely be VW as well - absolutely loving their EV products.

I'd do some googling on the ID.4's software. Apparently it's a real poop fest. The phone app is next to worthless, the on-board infotainment software just stops working all on its own, etc.


I'm currently driving a rental Cupra Born (which, being a rebadged ID3 should have the same SW)

Both android auto and carplay worth seamlessly and without hiccups and that's all the SW you need in a car. They don't even seem to be very picky on cables like Kia/Hyundai.
 
User avatar
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 15471
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:45 pm

mad99 wrote:
Car = BMW

Pots and pans = Fissler

Phone = iphone

Airline = KLM

Jeans = Levi’s 501


Love Levi's but I feel wrangler fit better. Have to fly Delta I am a Skyteam member.
 
User avatar
1337Delta764
Posts: 6249
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:00 pm

Clothing - IZOD, and to a lesser extent, Nautica
Faucets/shower fixtures - Moen
Cell phones - Samsung
Wireless carrier - AT&T
Laptops - HP
Airliners - Boeing
Transit buses - New Flyer
Toilet paper - Angel Soft
Homebuilders - Fulton Homes
Headphones - Anker Soundcore
Laundry detergent - Gain
Deodorant - Old Spice
Tablets - Samsung
Italian restaurant - Buca di Beppo
Thermostats - Honeywell/Resideo
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 4855
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:17 pm

When I first saw this thread I thought that I’m not loyal to many of any brands but then when I was reading it turns out I am for quite a few things.

Work boots - mountain horse (Ariat for the wife)
Phone and tablet - Apple
Jeans - Levi’s
Paint - farrow & ball
Power tools - Makita
Frozen chips (French fries) - McCain
Dog food -chudleys
Horse food - Topspec/spillers/Dodson and horrell
Ketchup - Heinz
Brown sauce - HP
Pickle - branstons

I’m sure there’s a lot more but those ones sprang to mind.

Fred


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
User avatar
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 15471
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:21 pm

Oh forgot for printers I am an HP man
 
bennett123
Posts: 11653
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:05 pm

Washing up Liquid Fairy
Camera Sony
Burgers McDonald's
Other fast food KFC
Pizza Pizza Hut
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 25163
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:52 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I had Sketchers when they first came out and they were great. Now, they don't seem to fit my lifestyle. I am sure they are comfortable and all, but I am just not ready for that, I guess.


Do you go through the day barefoot? LOL.


LOL

I have plenty of shoes, though not enough. Sketchers just seem kinda "dad" shoes. Like New Balance.
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 28165
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:33 pm

seb146 wrote:
Sketchers just seem kinda "dad" shoes. Like New Balance.

LOL. I have a set of New Balance that get worn once every year or two, when I'm in the mood to feel like it's the 1980s all over again.
 
StarAC17
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: Brand loyality

Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:39 pm

ER757 wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
Steakhouse - The Keg


Man I miss The Keg - they used to be all over here in the Seattle area but one by one they closed. I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any left around here now.



I had no idea that they had any locations in the US but checking on their website they do have locations in Washington, Arizona, Texas and Colorado.
They turn 50 this year.
 
User avatar
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 15471
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:08 pm

bennett123 wrote:
Washing up Liquid Fairy
Camera Sony
Burgers McDonald's
Other fast food KFC
Pizza Pizza Hut


I actually boycott KFC for the one near my house is dirty and food is horrid. Only fast food I refuse to eat next to Weinerschitznel.
 
phatfarmlines
Posts: 2420
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:20 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
Washing up Liquid Fairy
Camera Sony
Burgers McDonald's
Other fast food KFC
Pizza Pizza Hut


I actually boycott KFC for the one near my house is dirty and food is horrid. Only fast food I refuse to eat next to Weinerschitznel.


I had a really bad bout of food poisoning from my first and only time eating at Wienerschnitzel. Call it "brand disloyalty".
 
User avatar
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 15471
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:41 pm

phatfarmlines wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
Washing up Liquid Fairy
Camera Sony
Burgers McDonald's
Other fast food KFC
Pizza Pizza Hut


I actually boycott KFC for the one near my house is dirty and food is horrid. Only fast food I refuse to eat next to Weinerschitznel.


I had a really bad bout of food poisoning from my first and only time eating at Wienerschnitzel. Call it "brand disloyalty".


I tried them once. Bit into a chili dog (and I love chili dogs) and it was disgusting. Never been back.
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 14648
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:28 pm

Fast Food Burger - 5 Guys & Hekkan
Fast Food Pizza - Mano
Whitewear - previously F&P now Samsung
TV - previously Samsung now Sony
Camera - Canon
Cars - Audi, MINI, BMW
Baked Beans - Heinz
Luggage - Rimowa
Airline - SAS
Hotel Chain - Radisson
Outdoor Clothing - Rab
Power Tools - Bosch
Last edited by Kiwirob on Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 14648
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:30 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
Washing up Liquid Fairy
Camera Sony
Burgers McDonald's
Other fast food KFC
Pizza Pizza Hut


I actually boycott KFC for the one near my house is dirty and food is horrid. Only fast food I refuse to eat next to Weinerschitznel.


You need to try KFC in South Korea, it’s beyond any KFC I’ve tried anywhere else, it’s is next level god tier fried chicken. I’ve been told Japanese KFC is just as good.
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 14648
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:44 pm

Revelation wrote:
ACDC8 wrote:
Cars: VW - always find that their interiors the best at the price point, plus they're amazingly fun to drive compared to comparable cars and thanks to Megan, we still have a manual option for the GTI and R. Owned 7 so far and had only one major issue - number 8 is on its way. When its time to go EV, it'll most likely be VW as well - absolutely loving their EV products.

I'd do some googling on the ID.4's software. Apparently it's a real poop fest. The phone app is next to worthless, the on-board infotainment software just stops working all on its own, etc. They have been promising updates to fix the issues, but so far they have not delivered on their promises. Tesla has set the bar mighty high, and so far the legacy auto makers are really struggling in pretty much every aspect of the software, especially delivering on frequent over-the-air updates. As certain people have been known to say, do your own research...


I know a few people with VW and Skoda MEB platform cars, none have had problems with them. I like how Skoda implemented there system. It will be interest to see what Ford does with what platform.

The best I’ve tried so far is the google system in the Polestar 2, it’s better than Teslas IMO.
 
leader1
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:44 am

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:07 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
Washing up Liquid Fairy
Camera Sony
Burgers McDonald's
Other fast food KFC
Pizza Pizza Hut


I actually boycott KFC for the one near my house is dirty and food is horrid. Only fast food I refuse to eat next to Weinerschitznel.


You need to try KFC in South Korea, it’s beyond any KFC I’ve tried anywhere else, it’s is next level god tier fried chicken. I’ve been told Japanese KFC is just as good.


Agree. I used to live in South Korea and Japan. Both countries’ KFCs blow everything else out of the water. I’d rank South Korea’s as better than Japan’s, but Japan’s is really good. Korea, in general, is insane when it comes to fried chicken and how they make it. Nowhere else comes close.
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 4855
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:47 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
Baked Beans - Heinz


I can’t imagine another brand of baked beans existing!

Fred


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
leader1
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:44 am

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:18 pm

Alright, my turn.

Computer: HP

Phone: Apple

Tablet: Apple

Car: I personally hate driving and only drive my wife’s car, and she always chooses Subaru.

Airline: Delta, United or JetBlue

Luggage: Genius Pack (I have other brands as I actually collect luggage, but I generally travel with Genius Pack)

Fast Food Burgers: probably Five Guys

Watch: Apple because I need to check my health stats, but open to buying something else and it doesn’t have to be a smart watch.

Hotels: Hilton

TV: Samsung

Deodorant: Mitchum or Arm and Hammer

Body cream/moisturizer: CeraVe. Anything else makes me break out.

Beer: Sapporo

Shampoo/body wash: Nivea

Wine: Shiraz/Syrah or Red Zinfandel

General shopping: Amazon

Bulk Goods: Costco
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 10329
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Brand loyality

Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:40 pm

flipdewaf wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Baked Beans - Heinz


I can’t imagine another brand of baked beans existing!

Fred


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


B&M baked in Portland, ME, USA, far superior.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flyCMH, GDB, Grizzly410, NIKV69, WildcatYXU, ZKCIF and 36 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos