Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

N14AZ

Re: 2022 US Elections

Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:11 pm

Wonderful headline of a German newspaper (FAZ Frankfurt): "Trump screwed up the election for the Republicans"
https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/aus ... 47821.html
8-)

Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:18 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
(...)
Age limits, clearly after Reagan, Biden and the Orange man voters in the US must realise age limits need to be in place for officials elected to higher office. .

Usually we only have age limits the other way around (in order to become elected Bundespräsident - head of state in Germany, you must be at least 40 years old). Konrad Adenauer, who did a decent job as West Germanys 1st chancellor, was 73 when he started and was doing his job until he was 87. However, he also showed his age in the last years, especially after the seizure of der Spiegel in 1962 which lead to his retirement in 1964.)

So, I wonder where the age limit should be. Above 80 is certainly way too old. But just because people are old does not necessarily mean they are bad. QE2 did a great job until she died.

Back on topic: It seems to me these mid terms were refreshingly normal. No democratic demise, instead a rather alive democracy. A good sign to me.

Pi7472000

Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:20 pm

So great to see so many blue victories across the country!!! People are rejecting failed trickle down economics and the attack on women's rights. We are seeing conservatism relegated to a few states like Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, and Florida. Would not visit those places. Glad to see the U.S. becoming a progressive, left country!!

FGITD

Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:55 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

No need he is getting plenty of them already. I can't see him running at this point. He has an ego but he is also smart and it's time to be Kingmaker and not King.

Sorry…no kings nor makers here.

Also didn’t Trump backed candidates generally take a beating yesterday?

I do admire your commitment to making bold predictions though. You’ve been wrong a few times, but I like not taking the middle ground flip flopping like so many other predictions do these dates.

ltbewr

Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:59 pm

One take on the net linted losses by Democrats I have is that in 'Blue' states the reversal of Roe v. Wade and fears of Republicans trying to limit voting motivated a lot of Democrats over crime and inflation issues.

phluser

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:00 pm

casinterest wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
A pretty terse accounting by Axios of why there was no big celebration party at Mar-a-Lago last night:

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/09/trump- ... ction-2022

The GOP is going to have to do a lot of soul searching. Any Majority is going to be slim in the house, and the Trump lie is not a motivating factor anymore.

If they were smart, they'd get behind DeSantis and try to distance from Trump, election fraud, and far right wing beliefs. In Congress, limit the impeachment theater, as it will just drive down the Republicans, as the negative party.

I don't think the Democrats are in great shape, and might be in worse in two years. In 2024, OH, WV and MT's Senate seats are up, and are likely go to Republican, providing a Republican Senate. Biden might take the lack of a red wave and holding the Senate now, to mean he is doing well and ready to run again for re-election. Many on the Left like Whoopi Goldberg already believe that Biden should run again.

I was hoping Tim Ryan would perform better in OH, as I thought he ran a good campaign. But, it was an uphill battle and it seems the Democrats have lost Ohio for the foreseeable future. I understand Vance had some major advantages, with the governor DeWine as incumenbent up for re-election and already popular. I wonder if Ryan would have been closer if there was no governor race as well helping Vance and drive up Republican turnout.
Last edited by phluser on Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

N292UX

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:01 pm

Warnock vs Walker looks to be headed to a runoff

Kiwirob

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:02 pm

TheSonntag wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
(...)
Age limits, clearly after Reagan, Biden and the Orange man voters in the US must realise age limits need to be in place for officials elected to higher office. .

Usually we only have age limits the other way around (in order to become elected Bundespräsident - head of state in Germany, you must be at least 40 years old). Konrad Adenauer, who did a decent job as West Germanys 1st chancellor, was 73 when he started and was doing his job until he was 87. However, he also showed his age in the last years, especially after the seizure of der Spiegel in 1962 which lead to his retirement in 1964.)

So, I wonder where the age limit should be. Above 80 is certainly way too old. But just because people are old does not necessarily mean they are bad. QE2 did a great job until she died.

Back on topic: It seems to me these mid terms were refreshingly normal. No democratic demise, instead a rather alive democracy. A good sign to me.

I believe 70 is about right.

Aaron747

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:03 pm

N292UX wrote:

Have to feel bad for anyone with a brain living in GA right now

luckyone

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:20 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
N292UX wrote:

Have to feel bad for anyone with a brain living in GA right now

Hershel Walker is proof that Trump thinks about as many voters are as dumb as the liberal elite does. And his polling numbers prove them both correct.

NIKV69

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:38 pm

N292UX wrote:

Which Walker will lose

BN747

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:46 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
Send him a note. Please.

No need he is getting plenty of them already. I can't see him running at this point. He has an ego but he is also smart and it's time to be Kingmaker and not King.

BN747 wrote:

2024? Newsom vs DeSantis - we know how that will turn out.

BN747

Yes President elect DeSantis. Newsom will run but has no shot in the general.

This is exactly why Newsom would win this match up were it to materialize.

The nation under the traitorous lying Trump was a clarion call to all unhinged sexists bible thumping racists anti-intellectual in the country..and they coalesced and took the GOP.
The 2018 election delivered the traditional 'out of party' midterm rebuke followed the 2020 outright rejection of that temporary Trump emergence.
A proven threat to democracy here and abroad confirmed by solid relations with tyrants MBS, Putin, Orban et al.

2022 garnered the support of the white women who fell for 40+ years or targeted character assassination of Hilary Clinton in 2016 - had they this current Roe fervor back then, all the help from Russia they could muster would not have landed Trump in the WH.
The GOP confirmed their commitment to owning the bodies of women..period. To the point of defending the rights of rapist biological criminals to the hilt. Depraved direction for any modern day civilized society.

The Youth Vote, fed up with GOP/NRA school massacre dismissives and tacit support of such acts...served notice that they are a force to be reckoned. Among them are young intelligent ones seeing clearly where the GOP was headed saw their own rights (of every kind) threatened and in imminent jeopardy.

It's going be hard for the talentless Charlie Kirk and Nick Fuentes to come away from that demographic. They'll have amp up the Jesus silliness on the younger ones (I suggest serve more milk & cookies).

Dems bucked the mid term curse by some good strategies, huge lunkhead movies by Supreme Court thirsty conservatives plus extremist morons coast to coast leading up to the J6 guilty...and luck.

Had the Dems less jelly and more intestinal fortitude, they'd have got behind the far smarter Tim Ryan with the same intensity the GOP lined up behind the walking jock-joke that is is Herschel Walker...they Senate would be sealed already.

The Nation does want rights retained, it prefers intellectual pursuits over the anti-intellectual vaudeville acts of the likes of Marjorie Traitor Greene...

The unseen dark horse for the GOP is with JD Vance, the Trumper that got through.. he's a smart guy, if they can improve his personal in the same way the took Ronna Romney McDaniel from looking like human slug to appearing 'competent' (easy on the eyes mostly), he, Vance is clonable (sic) unlike Youngkin and DeSantis.

And Again, the world watches and the world cheers...the Dems.

DeSantis' national appeal? He's shown his hand...and the mantra is 'as goes California, so goes the Nation'.

Not Florida....now get those illegal immigrants there to help clean that mess up! And be nicer (to the immigrants especially! after all, there are two more hurricane seasons to come (global emissions heating ocean temps spell doom).

BN747

StarAC17

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:49 pm

TheSonntag wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
(...)

I think the ideal age is someone 50-65 who has lived enough and still has their mental capacity and fitneess with them. I am not ageist essentially but that person needs to be with it and Biden seems to be losing it.

One thing about Biden is that because he is older (he has always been this way) he says what he thinks. He doesn't look like an actor up there and people appreciate that. I personally like how he doesn't take crap and when he debated Trump he basically told him to Shut up.

We know when we being fed a fake persona. We need that and competence.

bennett123

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:57 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
leader1 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Kemp being projected the winner. Will Abrams concede?

She just did.

https://www.axios.com/abrams-kemp-georg ... 1ee0d.html

How about Trump? still waiting for his concession…two years later.

Well it took Abrams 4 years so.

bennett123 wrote:
Suspect the Democrats will be hoping that Trump and De Santis run against each other.

Trump has to go, DeSantis can win FL and OH so he is viable. We don't need an ugly primary.

I was pointing out what would be best for the DEMOCRATS.

ER757

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:59 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
Send him a note. Please.

Two things
1. He is definitely going to be running again (unless he winds up in jail like he should)
2. He's smart????? What have you been watching the past 6 years? He's a buffoon, a circus clown.

Hoping for a moderate Republican to emerge and run in 2024. Desantis ain't it. And I'm hoping Biden has the good sense not to run for re-election. Let's get some new blood on both sides and have a choice of two viable candidates in 2024.

NIKV69

Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:13 pm

BN747 wrote:

The nation under the traitorous lying Trump was a clarion call to all unhinged sexists bible thumping racists anti-intellectual in the country..and they coalesced and took the GOP.
The 2018 election delivered the traditional 'out of party' midterm rebuke followed the 2020 outright rejection of that temporary Trump emergence.
A proven threat to democracy here and abroad confirmed by solid relations with tyrants MBS, Putin, Orban et al.

2022 garnered the support of the white women who fell for 40+ years or targeted character assassination of Hilary Clinton in 2016 - had they this current Roe fervor back then, all the help from Russia they could muster would not have landed Trump in the WH.
The GOP confirmed their commitment to owning the bodies of women..period. To the point of defending the rights of rapist biological criminals to the hilt. Depraved direction for any modern day civilized society.

The Youth Vote, fed up with GOP/NRA school massacre dismissives and tacit support of such acts...served notice that they are a force to be reckoned. Among them are young intelligent ones seeing clearly where the GOP was headed saw their own rights (of every kind) threatened and in imminent jeopardy.

It's going be hard for the talentless Charlie Kirk and Nick Fuentes to come away from that demographic. They'll have amp up the Jesus silliness on the younger ones (I suggest serve more milk & cookies).

Dems bucked the mid term curse by some good strategies, huge lunkhead movies by Supreme Court thirsty conservatives plus extremist morons coast to coast leading up to the J6 guilty...and luck.

Had the Dems less jelly and more intestinal fortitude, they'd have got behind the far smarter Tim Ryan with the same intensity the GOP lined up behind the walking jock-joke that is is Herschel Walker...they Senate would be sealed already.

The Nation does want rights retained, it prefers intellectual pursuits over the anti-intellectual vaudeville acts of the likes of Marjorie Traitor Greene...

The unseen dark horse for the GOP is with JD Vance, the Trumper that got through.. he's a smart guy, if they can improve his personal in the same way the took Ronna Romney McDaniel from looking like human slug to appearing 'competent' (easy on the eyes mostly), he, Vance is clonable (sic) unlike Youngkin and DeSantis.

DeSantis' national appeal? He's shown his hand...and the mantra is 'as goes California, so goes the Nation'.

Not Florida....now get those illegal immigrants there to help clean that mess up! And be nicer (to the immigrants especially! after all, there are two more hurricane seasons to come (global emissions heating ocean temps spell doom).

BN747

Sorry but TLDR

Newsom is too far left to win a general he will carry CA and NY but struggle in OH, FL and the other states he needs. Even though the Dems had a better night than expected their party is still being dragged too far left by the progressives and that is an issue they have to solve to win the white house.

BN747

Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:28 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Sorry but TLDR

TLDR ..see the Anti-Intellectual 'go to' when it gets deep.

NIKV69 wrote:
Newsom is too far left to win a general he will carry CA and NY but struggle in OH, FL and the other states he needs. Even though the Dems had a better night than expected their party is still being dragged too far left by the progressives and that is an issue they have to solve to win the white house.

Well buckle up! It's gonna harder left, not that silly San Fran DA Boudin silliness but pursuits of clean energies, climate environmental issues, voting rights, minority protections (vs the Scotus) but I want to see intelligent reasonable homeless solutions, intelligent strategic policing in the most crime infested communities (good luck there) plus some.

All we need to do is get DeSantis to wear his Ken & Barbie Boots once more..then put him on stage where is short-smashed stature (and whiny voice) is next to the taller, handsomer, million $ smile (and boy he can work that schtick) armed with lightening quick precocious retorts - it'll be painful to watch.

It'll be the optics bro

BN747

NIKV69

Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:47 pm

BN747 wrote:

Nah just not going to waste time reading smoke

BN747 wrote:
Well buckle up! It's gonna harder left, not that silly San Fran DA Boudin silliness but pursuits of clean energies, climate environmental issues, voting rights, minority protections (vs the Scotus) but I want to see intelligent reasonable homeless solutions, intelligent strategic policing in the most crime infested communities (good luck there) plus some.

All we need to do is get DeSantis to wear his Ken & Barbie Boots once more..then put him on stage where is short-smashed stature (and whiny voice) is next to the taller, handsomer, million $ smile (and boy he can work that schtick) armed with lightening quick precocious retorts - it'll be painful to watch.

It'll be the optics bro

BN747

I don't have any issues with the environment or voting rights but Newsom's approach to crime has been abysmal as has been his border policies. You are trying to paint DeSantis as this crazy person but when you talk optics DeSantis has been a pretty solid executive who flipped a blue county and will carry all the states Newsom can't.

stratosphere

Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:00 pm

BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Sorry but TLDR

NIKV69 wrote:

It'll be the optics bro

BN747

The nightmare for the Republicans is if Trump sticks his nose back in . Unless they push Trump out it will be the end of the Republican party if they didn't see that after the midterms than they can't be helped. I am afraid that Trump will undermine DeSantis because he is jealous of him and thinks DeSantis owes him for making him. If Trump stays out of the way and DeSantis does become the nominee there is no one the Democrats can put up that will beat him.

luckyone

Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:12 pm

stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Sorry but TLDR

NIKV69 wrote:

It'll be the optics bro

BN747

The nightmare for the Republicans is if Trump sticks his nose back in . Unless they push Trump out it will be the end of the Republican party if they didn't see that after the midterms than they can't be helped. I am afraid that Trump will undermine DeSantis because he is jealous of him and thinks DeSantis owes him for making him. If Trump stays out of the way and DeSantis does become the nominee there is no one the Democrats can put up that will beat him.

If the election were held today yes DeSantis would likely win it. But a lot can change in two years, even though it doesn’t necessarily mean it will change. We’ll see. In 2014 midterms nobody saw Trump coming. The question I have for you, is do you think Trump can/will show such self-restraint? I would’ve said maybe, until the events that led to Jan 6.

FLYFIRSTCLASS

Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:29 pm

Thank god its over, no more political ads.
Last edited by FLYFIRSTCLASS on Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casinterest

Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:38 pm

luckyone wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:

It'll be the optics bro

BN747

If the election were held today yes DeSantis would likely win it. But a lot can change in two years, even though it doesn’t necessarily mean it will change. We’ll see. In 2014 midterms nobody saw Trump coming. The question I have for you, is do you think Trump can/will show such self-restraint? I would’ve said maybe, until the events that led to Jan 6.

Don't mistake Florida politics for the US politics. DeSantis only has to get approval of a state that was devastated by Covid. They depended on tourism and were hammered by it in 2020 and somewhat in 2021. Florida depends heavily on their Sales Taxes and Hotel Taxes applied to short term rentals/hotels, crusies, and the taxes vistors pay out.

Florida also has an elderly population that freaked out when their relatives couldn't or wouldn't visit during the pandemic.

There are other industries such as space and aviation that were also hammered by Covid. People in Florida are not voting the same as people elsewhere. They are voting for lies pushed about covid and socialism, that really don't apply elsewhere in the country.

The next big issue that they can't blame on Biden, is going to be the Property insurance rates. They may not pay income taxes, but their insurance rates on cars and houses make up for it. The recent Hurricane Ian is only going to exacerbate the issue, and Desantis has to weather 2 more years of this fight over insurance and storms.

Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:40 pm

stratosphere wrote:

If Trump stays out of the way and DeSantis does become the nominee there is no one the Democrats can put up that will beat him.

Don't think this is true at all. DeSantis did well in Florida where Trump also did well. The reason they clash is that they are exactly alike. Also why they would split the same wing of the Republican party that took a shellacking yesterday.

DeSantis proved his similarity when he brought immigrants from Texas to Florida, so that he could then ship them to asylum cities. That was a pure Trump move, and it wasn't lost on the moderates and independents who are tired of juvenile behavior, and don't support Trump for that reason.

DeSantis would not win today, and unless he moderated considerably, he could not win in 2024.

Truly makes me wonder if the MAGA Republicans will ever get the message. Trump snuck up on people because he somewhat moderated his behavior in the 2016 campaign. But then became, and remains, a train wreck. DeSantis has climbed aboard that train, so there is no not recognizing him as the same type of character. No one wants that now, outside of the MAGA base. And frankly, the moderate Republicans could put up a much better candidate, with much broader appeal.

This all comes down to hopefully the end of extremism in US politics. In the past, parties were forced to choose moderates to appeal to the other party, and to independents, which was needed to win. Trump was the exception that proved the rule. No one wants to go back to that now.

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:08 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
leader1 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Kemp being projected the winner. Will Abrams concede?

She just did.

bennett123 wrote:
Suspect the Democrats will be hoping that Trump and De Santis run against each other.

Trump has to go, DeSantis can win FL and OH so he is viable. We don't need an ugly primary.

How come? Trump is a great, very good man and so dedicated to freedom and democracy. He’s the best for the Republicans.

Why would you want to support anyone else?

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:11 pm

As an example of the impending moderation, Scalise has just declared for House Majority Leader, against McCarthy.

bennett123

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:13 pm

cpd wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
leader1 wrote:

She just did.

bennett123 wrote:

How come? Trump is a great, very good man and so dedicated to freedom and democracy. He’s the best for the Republicans.

Trump is actually best for the Democrats.

NIKV69

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:14 pm

cpd wrote:

Trump was my third pick in 2016, Rand Paul is always my first pick but I know he polls terrible and back then I thought Christie could do it. As things worked out Cruz was unelectable and we got lucky the country hated Hillary so much that Trump won. Rather than hire good people and cruise to a second term he acted like a petulant child and effed everything up. We don't need this in 2024. I personally would love if Joe Manchin ran this country but as is always the case the fringe will be front and center for awhile.

Newark727

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:19 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

I feel sorry for everyone who has to pick up 3,000,000 yard signs...

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:24 pm

Nessel has defeated DePerno for Michigan AG. DePerno was under criminal investigation for accessing voting machine hard drives in 2020. Had he won, he would have been in charge of his own prosecution.

Korbach has won the Kansas AG. He is a Trump cohort and voting rights opponent. He implied election problems in 2020, but backed away from that during the campaign.

LittleFokker

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:27 pm

If there is anything about yesterday that gives me a glimmer of hope for the future, it would be Boebert getting defeated. She wasn't expected to lose, not much attention paid to her challenger, but (and I know no one has officially called it yet) the fact that being a stupid useless idiot that accomplished nothing in two years actually has consequences will keep me off the suicide ledge a little longer.

LittleFokker

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:28 pm

As an example of the impending moderation, Scalise has just declared for House Majority Leader, against McCarthy.

Literally no difference between the two. The House will be run the same way no matter which of those neanderthals is in charge.

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:30 pm

Kari Lake has made further references to election fraud in her race for AZ governor. Since her contest is not yet decided, she's been asked if she will continue to claim fraud if she wins.

Kudus to the reporter that asked her that question. Despite being a media person herself, she hates the media, like Trump.

Notably her opponent Katie Hobbs, has said she will accept the outcome either way.

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:36 pm

LittleFokker wrote:

Literally no difference between the two. The House will be run the same way no matter which of those neanderthals is in charge.

Yes, but one would hope they would either split their base so a moderate can step up, or moderate themselves to garner support. However you may be right that there would be little difference in the outcome.

StarAC17

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:49 pm

stratosphere wrote:

I want DeSantis to run against and beat Trump and beat badly, like its over on Super Tuesday badly. He needs a much needed punch in the face (bother literally and actually).

Agree or Disagree with Trump he just wants to be president for his ego. He doesn't want to govern, he never did. Being a head of state is a thankless job where the credit you get you will likely get acknowledged for and if you do you might not be alive to get it.

Agree or Disagree with DeSantis, he wants to govern and he has made Florida a much more attractive place to live and do business. I can accept that from a elected politician I don't necessarily agree with.

I come from Canada but if there was a state I would want to move to it would be Florida.

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:

Saddle up!! The 2024 presidential campaign starts on Monday.

luckyone wrote:

Trump was always being floated but once he declared his nomination two people said he had a shot. Michael Moore and Ann Coulter.

I agree that 2 years is an eternity in politics and a lot can change, however I don't see anyone else on the GOP horizon that would beat him barring a big scandal. That actually serves the GOP well, if Biden cannot run in 2024 I don't see anybody running on the democratic side that I would trust.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:05 pm

Beto went for the trifecta of losses....this time for the Governorship. Glad he could divert all of that money to his campaigns...

StarAC17

Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:13 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Beto went for the trifecta of losses....this time for the Governorship. Glad he could divert all of that money to his campaigns...

Don't run in Texas saying that you are going to regulate guns.

QF7

Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:14 pm

McCarthy is running for Speaker. It’s a different role.

Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:16 pm

Frisch leads Boebert in Colorado, by less than a point. 35k ballots remaining, 21k in Democratic districts and 14k in Republican districts. So it could still go either way, but looking favorable for Frisch.

The question then becomes, with such a close race, will Boebert concede? Probably not at first. And if she loses on the recount, will she declare fraud?

phluser

Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:21 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

I hope that he doesn't run again in 2024, as a TX Senate seat held by Ted Cruz is at play again. The Democrat Party should recruit Henry Cuellar for it, and tell Beto to go away.

Here is what I'd like to see from the Democrats:

Amy Klobuchar should replace Chuck Schumer as Majority/Minority Senate Leader, depending if they are the majority or minority party.
Democrat senators like Bob Menendez, Dianne Feinstein should be encouraged to resign or retire early next year.
Kamala Harris should be offered a position in the corporate world, maybe a Diversity VP at some tech company, to encourage her not to run or be involved in the Party in the 2024 election.
Pete Buttigieg could run for Senate in Indiana. He has a knack of campaigning and if he loses, could also leave for the private sector.

In 2024, Warren and Klobuchar, will have to decide whether to run for President again or this time, re-election of their Senate again. I'm hoping in MA, there is a primary challenger to Warren's seat so that she doesn't have it easy. Of the Democrat Senators, she is likely the most woke of them all.

Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:41 pm

QF7 wrote:

McCarthy is running for Speaker. It’s a different role.

Yep, thanks for the correction. Someone sent me a Twitter link, but that person believes that McCarthy and Scalise are in competition, from past statements, but pretty clear they are buddies now. I had remembered the earlier statements too.

StarAC17

Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:55 pm

phluser wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

I hope that he doesn't run again in 2024, as a TX Senate seat held by Ted Cruz is at play again. The Democrat Party should recruit Henry Cuellar for it, and tell Beto to go away.

Here is what I'd like to see from the Democrats:

Amy Klobuchar should replace Chuck Schumer as Majority/Minority Senate Leader, depending if they are the majority or minority party.
Democrat senators like Bob Menendez, Dianne Feinstein should be encouraged to resign or retire early next year.
Kamala Harris should be offered a position in the corporate world, maybe a Diversity VP at some tech company, to encourage her not to run or be involved in the Party in the 2024 election.
Pete Buttigieg could run for Senate in Indiana. He has a knack of campaigning and if he loses, could also leave for the private sector.

In 2024, Warren and Klobuchar, will have to decide whether to run for President again or this time, re-election of their Senate again. I'm hoping in MA, there is a primary challenger to Warren's seat so that she doesn't have it easy. Of the Democrat Senators, she is likely the most woke of them all.

- Texas democrats please put somebody up who can beat Ted Cruz in 2024.
- Agree on the elderly senators and I would like to see Nancy Pelosi retire in 2024.
- Agree. Keep Kamala out of politics as she is not liked by many people. I am convinced Biden had a gun to his head to put her on that ticket. I would have wanted Biden/Bernie 2020.
- I would rather have Pete in the senate and perhaps the minority/majority leader position. I don't see him being able to get enough support to win and this is not because he is gay. Same with Klobuchar and Warren.

Biden might be the best shot in 2024 if he can run.

leader1

Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:01 pm

Shocked by the results. Didn't expect Dems to overperform. Still think they'll lose the house, but it will be a very slim GOP advantage. Still picking Dems to keep the Senate.

Someone commented about gerrymandering in NY. Dems already egregiously tried that. They got shut down by a Dem-appointed judge who thought it was too much. Just shows the incompetence of the NY State Legislature's leaders.

Speaking of NY's results, I never thought Zeldin had a chance in hell. He was awful. And his congressional voting record always screwed over his district. If the GOP selected a more moderate candidate, they would have easily beat Hochul, who was dismissive of a lot of suburban NYC voters' concerns. That's why the GOP picked up seats in and around NYC. Even my district elected a GOP Congressman. I could see it happening based on the signs and who I saw go vote. Plus the Dem candidate was terrible and too progressive for the district, which had been trending red the last few years. He ran a terrible campaign. Patrick Maloney's loss is huge for Dems, considering his stature in the party. In short, it may end up that Dems lose the House because of their performance in NY and they have nobody to blame but themselves. I, for one, am somewhat glad for the NY Dem loses (not Maloney's, though) because they've governed the state abysmally the two few years. Maybe this will be a wake-up call for them. Because if not, they're going to be in big trouble in the future.

Regarding FL, I never considered it toss-up state. It's been red for a generation. DeSantis' performance was a foregone conclusion. And I think people are forgetting that scores of people moved to FL the last two years - many moved from blue states - because of DeSantis' politics and policies. So, it was mostly red voters residing in blue states who moved there. Of course he was going to run up the score with the favorable demographics. So, I wouldn't put too much stock in him being able to form a winning coalition nationwide. Also, FL Dems are a mess. Blow them up and start over.

And the GOP needs to ditch Trump because he's poison. Most of his anointed candidates did poorly. I think his presence heavily weighed on the GOP's overall disappointing performance. There is no reason the Dems should have overperformed considering inflation, Biden's bad approval numbers, and the overall slowing of the economy. Voters being sick of Trumpism/MAGA factored in. Will the GOP finally ditch that movement? Remains to be seen, but I think they're sick of sticking with a proven loser.

StarAC17

Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:07 pm

leader1 wrote:
Regarding FL, I never considered it toss-up state. It's been red for a generation. DeSantis' performance was a foregone conclusion. And I think people are forgetting that scores of people moved to FL the last two years - many moved from blue states - because of DeSantis' politics and policies. So, it was mostly red voters residing in blue states who moved there. Of course he was going to run up the score with the favorable demographics. So, I wouldn't put too much stock in him being able to form a winning coalition nationwide. Also, FL Dems are a mess. Blow them up and start over.

He did win in Miami-Dade, that has to be one of the most diverse counties in the country. When I think of democrats in Florida I think of two counties. Broward and Miami-Dade.

leader1

Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:33 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
leader1 wrote:

He did win in Miami-Dade, that has to be one of the most diverse counties in the country. When I think of democrats in Florida I think of two counties. Broward and Miami-Dade.

Miami isn’t THAT diverse - it’s mostly Hispanic. And of that, most of them are Cuban or Venezuelan, and they skew GOP anyways.

Kent350787

Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:40 pm

The only high level certainty seems to be confirming De Santis as front runner for GoP 2024 nomination.

ACDC8

Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:43 pm

Kent350787 wrote:
The only high level certainty seems to be confirming De Santis as front runner for GoP 2024 nomination.

Trump doesn't like that:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63563862

:rotfl:

Revelation

Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:49 pm

Kent350787 wrote:

The only high level certainty seems to be confirming that the GOP has a Trump problem, pretty much everyone he supported lost.

Apparently he's pissed off at Melania for pushing him to support Dr. Oz.

Another high level certainty is that MAGA is now a pejorative, and the GOP has a branding problem to fix.

ACDC8

Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:14 pm

Revelation wrote:
The only high level certainty seems to be confirming that the GOP has a Trump problem, pretty much everyone he supported lost.

Apparently he's pissed off at Melania for pushing him to support Dr. Oz.

Another high level certainty is that MAGA is now a pejorative, and the GOP has a branding problem to fix.

I completely agree, been saying this for years. Hopefully, the GOP will finally wake up to this and dump the Trump. Just listening to him talk at various rallies when he just goes on and on an on about himself instead of building up the actual nominees should have been an obvious clue. Trump doesn't care about the Republicans, he doesn't care about America, he only cares about himself.

Love his quote from the other day though, if they win, he deserves all the credit, but if they loose, he shouldn't be blamed, so the possibility of him blaming Melania comes at no surprise for this piece of orange skinned trash.
Last edited by ACDC8 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bennett123

Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:23 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

Trump doesn't like that:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63563862

:rotfl:

IMO somebody thinks he is Tony Soprano.

bhill

Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:23 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
leader1 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
No predictions here. It’ll be a R Congress, however, not a prediction; a certainty.

Fear and hate, alright. I fear the Dems will continue to reduce the value of my assets by 8+% a year and hate that they will continue to expand government powers, reducing liberty.

What liberties have you lost the last two years? Just curious, but do you think we’re living in some dictatorship?

He's no longer able to have an abortion.

Not quite...HE can have all the Viagara and condoms he wants, but SHE cannot have ANYTHING!