Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mesasurf
Topic Author

DeSantis or Trump for Republicans

Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:40 am

Do Republicans support DeSantis or Trump, or someone else, for a potential 2024 Republican nominee?

IMO, more red voters have moved on from Trump and have a favorable view of DeSantis. One big thing I believe DeSantis could do is win the undecided voter.

As a previous Trump voter, I wish he would move on from running and politics overall. He is running no longer for the good of the country, but for his ego. It’s time to move on from him. I think previous Trump supporters, especially senators, are open to a new nominee. Lastly, and again IMO, if it’s Biden v Trump, Trump would barley win. If it’s Biden v DeSantis, DeSantis would win big and it wouldn’t even be close.
Last edited by mesasurf on Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

marcelh

Re: DeSantis or Trump for Republicans

Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:48 am

DeSantis is just a smarter version of Trump, but politically there isn’t a lot of difference. Both are populistic extremists like Orban in Hungary, probably that’s what the red voters want….

Aaron747

Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:29 am

Independent voters are much more likely to support DeSantis because he can sell himself as a competent executive. The only thing consistent about Trump is over the top BS and self promotion of incredible ability that never materializes.

art

Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:31 am

If you want the next president to be a populist Republican, I think that DeSantis is more likely to succeed. As I don't want the next president to be a populist Republican, I would prefer Trump to be selected.

PS Can't the Republicans muster a candidate capable of winning support from the centre? To win, a candidate has to do more than appeal to the people who are already committed to supporting the party.

Aesma

Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:04 am

They're both in it for their egos, they don't care one bit about the common man and won't do anything for him (let alone the common woman...).

FluidFlow

Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:29 am

mesasurf wrote:
He is running no longer for the good of the country, but for his ego.

Please, he never run for the good of the country. He never in his life did ever do anything good for anyone else then himself...

IMHO if the Republicans want to stop their decline, they have to move away from religious fanatics and fascist populists back to the core values of the republican party.

Runing on civil and economical freedom policies. Self-determination for individuals and reduction of red tape for companies.

The republicans actually have the unique opportunity to gain many dem voters by taking an actual liberal stance in economic and societal questions. They could reach young voters without losing traditional red voters by touting "Freedom" and stand for equality and freedom of choice. True core values Embedded in the constitution and the one thing Americans are proud of. The only thing necessary for this is to burry once and for all the connection between religion and politics. Its actually a disgrace how many policies are influenced by religious believes instead of the constitution.

hh65man

Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:29 am

mesasurf wrote:
Do Republicans support DeSantis or Trump, or someone else, for a potential 2024 Republican nominee?

IMO, more red voters have moved on from Trump and have a favorable view of DeSantis. One big thing I believe DeSantis could do is win the undecided voter.

As a previous Trump voter, I wish he would move on from running and politics overall. He is running no longer for the good of the country, but for his ego. It’s time to move on from him. I think previous Trump supporters, especially senators, are open to a new nominee. Lastly, and again IMO, if it’s Biden v Trump, Trump would barley win. If it’s Biden v DeSantis, DeSantis would win big and it wouldn’t even be close.

Now that is a sense of humour right there. Trumpy never ran for the good of the country. Jesus, bout pissed myself laughing…..

ltbewr

Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:41 am

Neither. Both are 2 sides of the same coin. Both do not represent the direction I want this country to go in.

scbriml

Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:12 pm

mesasurf wrote:
He is running no longer for the good of the country, but for his ego.

The only surprise here is that you seem to have thought differently last time. :o

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:46 pm

I think Republicans, Democrats, and the entire world would prefer a more moderate candidate than either Trump or DeSantis.

They aren't all that different in demagoguery or outlook, that's why they clash. So tired of that at this point. Just give us a rational conservative who is principled and not out for themselves. We'd all be happy with that.

johns624

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:59 pm

I think Republicans, Democrats, and the entire world would prefer a more moderate candidate than either Trump or DeSantis.

They aren't all that different in demagoguery or outlook, that's why they clash. So tired of that at this point. Just give us a rational conservative who is principled and not out for themselves. We'd all be happy with that.
I agree, I just don't know who that would be.

casinterest

Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:50 pm

johns624 wrote:

Trump made Desantis, and that is a point that will be hammered home from here until 2024. The GOP just doesn't see a way out. They think the only way to make themselves successful is to elect officials that will work brutally to deny others the rights that they have.

I expect some ugly fighting from here through the primaries between these two. The GOP can't seem to get away from wanna be fascists.

hh65man

Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:52 pm

Paul Ryan?

NIKV69

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:02 pm

casinterest wrote:

Trump made Desantis, and that is a point that will be hammered home from here until 2024. .

Not really, he helped him get noticed but DeSantis will stand on his own just fine. As of now the GOP's play is DeSantis that could change but Trump is not going to make it to the first debate IMO.

victrola

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:09 pm

To all yf who think DeSantis is the answer. A guy who thinks he is a prophet from God might go over in the trailer parks of Florida

https://youtu.be/o8jz7Cwjo3c

However, it will not go over well in the swing states.

casinterest

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:12 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Trump made Desantis, and that is a point that will be hammered home from here until 2024. .

Not really, he helped him get noticed but DeSantis will stand on his own just fine. As of now the GOP's play is DeSantis that could change but Trump is not going to make it to the first debate IMO.

Trump will hammer home and abuse Desantis as he did Ted Cruz, and because the GOP is currently a cult with over 60% worshiping Trump, they will all fall in line as Trump keeps up his unrelenting attacks on "Low Energy Ron" , "Lying Ron", "Small Hand Ron", and a litany of other items. All to belittle Desantis and elevate himself. It worked in 2016, and it will work again for Trump in 2024.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/t ... -rcna56833

In a diatribe Thursday night on his social media platform, Truth Social, debuting some of his lines of attack, Trump called DeSantis “an average REPUBLICAN Governor with great Public Relations” who owes his career to Trump. “Ron came to me in desperate shape in 2017 … politically dead, losing in a landslide,” the former president said. He accused DeSantis of disloyalty for not ruling out a 2024 race and also went after “NewsCorp, which is Fox, the Wall Street Journal, and the no longer great New York Post” for being “all in for Governor Ron DeSanctimonious.”

Desantis is already trying to win over the reglious like Pence did. He has a big Messiah complex.

DeSantis made a solid bid to be America’s redeemer in chief in a video his wife posted Nov. 4 on Twitter. “And on the 8th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, ‘I need a protector.’ So God made a fighter,” the narrator says over an image of DeSantis among adoring fans.

God is mentioned 10 times in less than two minutes in the clip, prompting Mike Allen of Axios to publish a parody in his publication’s trademarked “smart brevity” format:

Breaking: God apparently endorsed Ron DeSantis (R) for reelection, according to the Florida governor’s new ad.

· Why it matters: It would be the first time God officially endorsed a statewide candidate.

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:14 pm

It would have to be someone who has walked the fine line between not supporting Trump, and not antagonizing his base. It's not a big group, and they aren't media hogs so not that well known. The party would have to converge behind them. Not sure how likely that is.

luckyone

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:16 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I certainly hope you're right -- potentially telling at this point is that his daughter and aide de camp Jared Kushner appear to be sitting this out. I've no problem with a competent Republican. I'm not yet convinced that DeSantis will be the nominee. His people have been slowly building a network, and he's had a lot of early flash and a lot of early attention, but mostly for reasons that aren't likely to have serious resonance in 2024.

Personally, I think it's going to be someone we haven't been paying very close attention to, yet. Sort of like for 2016 there's a lot of potential people all trying to play the same role, and they're going to end up cancelling each other out. If Trump and DeSantis go head to head, they'll split their lane of voters, and somebody else will come through the middle. Off the top of my head, Cruz and Hawley are both likely to make a run of it, but they're the exact same asshole and will split each other's vote.

NIKV69

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:21 pm

casinterest wrote:

Trump will hammer home and abuse Desantis as he did Ted Cruz, and because the GOP is currently a cult with over 60% worshiping Trump, they will all fall in line as Trump keeps up his unrelenting attacks on "Low Energy Ron" , "Lying Ron", "Small Hand Ron", and a litany of other items. All to belittle Desantis and elevate himself. It worked in 2016, and it will work again for Trump in 2024.

It was interesting last night to hear Trump use a whole different tone than we are used to. Remember though in Primaries you are talking the the fringe of the party and not the moderates. If he makes it to the Debates and truly runs for president this will be a nightmare. It will be interesting to see as we get closed to the first debate if Trump reverts back to insulting everyone.

luckyone wrote:
I certainly hope you're right -- potentially telling at this point is that his daughter and aide de camp Jared Kushner appear to be sitting this out. I've no problem with a competent Republican. I'm not yet convinced that DeSantis will be the nominee. His people have been slowly building a network, and he's had a lot of early flash and a lot of early attention, but mostly for reasons that aren't likely to have serious resonance in 2024.

Personally, I think it's going to be someone we haven't been paying very close attention to, yet. Sort of like for 2016 there's a lot of potential people all trying to play the same role, and they're going to end up cancelling each other out. If Trump and DeSantis go head to head, they'll split their lane of voters, and somebody else will come through the middle. Off the top of my head, Cruz and Hawley are both likely to make a run of it, but they're the exact same asshole and will split each other's vote.

Very telling that Ivanka has abandoned him and makes me more think this is a publicity stunt.

luckyone

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:22 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

It was interesting last night to hear Trump use a whole different tone than we are used to. Remember though in Primaries you are talking the the fringe of the party and not the moderates. If he makes it to the Debates and truly runs for president this will be a nightmare. It will be interesting to see as we get closed to the first debate if Trump reverts back to insulting everyone.

luckyone wrote:

Very telling that Ivanka has abandoned him and makes me more think this is a publicity stunt.

Could be. I'm sure Jared has his ear to the ground and knows what his buddies high up in the business world are saying.

victrola

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:25 pm

The Republicans will have to go with Trump. Let's face it, If Trump is denied the Republican nomination, he will burn the house down. He will claim the primaries were rigged. Can any of you honestly see Trump saying: " I congratulate Ron DeSantis on his victory, and I urge everyone to go on out and make him the next President of the US"? On the other hand, if Trump is nominated, DeSantis voters and other Republicans will begrudgingly support Trump in the fall election. It's either Trump or Republican civil war.

luckyone

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:28 pm

victrola wrote:
The Republicans will have to go with Trump. Let's face it, If Trump is denied the Republican nomination, he will burn the house down. He will claim the primaries were rigged. Can any of you honestly see Trump saying: " I congratulate Ron DeSantis on his victory, and I urge everyone to go on out and make him the next President of the US"? On the other hand, if Trump is nominated, DeSantis voters and other Republicans will begrudgingly support Trump in the fall election. It's either Trump or Republican civil war.

Will they? Instead of a singular blaze of glory he's presently knocking the house down brick by brick. Whether they can say it publicly or not, Trump is a self-limiting liability for the Republican Party at this point. The only win they had, was his, and that was a surprise that no one will take for granted again. He's a totally known quantity. Nobody is undecided about him anymore.

victrola

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:34 pm

luckyone wrote:
victrola wrote:

Will they? Instead of a singular blaze of glory he's presently knocking the house down brick by brick. Whether they can say it publicly or not, Trump is a self-limiting liability for the Republican Party at this point. The only win they had, was his, and that was a surprise that no one will take for granted again. He's a totally known quantity. Nobody is undecided about him anymore.

You are correct about Trump. So how do you nominate someone else and avoid a Republican civil war?

luckyone

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:35 pm

victrola wrote:
luckyone wrote:
victrola wrote:

You are correct about Trump. So how do you nominate someone else and avoid a Republican civil war?

To be honest, I understand the problem, and don't know that they can, publicly. They can lend all their support to somebody else, and hope that Trump is indicted and convicted.

seb146

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:37 pm

luckyone wrote:
victrola wrote:
luckyone wrote:

To be honest, I understand the problem, and don't know that they can, publicly. They can lend all their support to somebody else, and hope that Trump is indicted and convicted.

Even if he is, he would still have support. Probably not from RNC but from some voters across the country and from some media outlets.

I had also heard that he can not be indicted and tried while he is running for president, but I think that is just for federal crimes. I could be wrong on that, but I am pretty sure that is the case.

luckyone

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:40 pm

seb146 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
victrola wrote:

Even if he is, he would still have support. Probably not from RNC but from some voters across the country and from some media outlets.

I had also heard that he can not be indicted and tried while he is running for president, but I think that is just for federal crimes. I could be wrong on that, but I am pretty sure that is the case.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2022 ... ump-legal/

"Long-standing Justice Department policies prevent sitting presidents from being federally prosecuted, but once they have left office, that restriction no longer holds. The Constitution explicitly says in Article I, Section 3, Clause 7 that former presidents can be indicted for actions undertaken during their presidency.

And the same is true for presidential candidates who are not already serving as president, said Ric Simmons, an Ohio State University law professor. "There are no policy rules or guidelines that prohibit a prosecutor from indicting a presidential candidate," Simmons said."

casinterest

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:45 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

luckyone wrote:

Trump announced last night to limit the field. No one will step up and challenge without a lot of backing against the king of the cult. It is the people that vote, and there are far too many that are hung up on Trump, Desantis will run on the same issues, and just sit there and say, I am not Donald Trump. And people will remember that.

Ivanka is going to sit this one out as it destroyed her business lines when she went into politics.

Tugger

Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:18 pm

Trump never wanted to help anyone other than himself. He proved it everyday and with everything he said and did. Any "help" that provided the USA was only in his supporter imagination. TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome was and is something his sycophantic supporters suffer from, imagining he was good for the country, believing the lies he spewed without any real question.

Detractors and "never Trumpers" just saw him for waht he was, without the delusion his followers had.

Desantis is vastly better than Trump, though I believe he can only succeed if the Dems do not put forth a good candidate. By the time the next presidential election comes around, things will be very different and we don't yet know what that "different" will be.

Tugg

FLYFIRSTCLASS

Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:22 pm

Obviously the republican dream ticket would be a Trump/DeSantis then DeSantis could just slide in for 2028 and 2032. Marjorie Taylor Green would make an excellent speaker of the house since she can never shut up.

scbriml

Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:31 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Based on your track record of predictions, I'm off to put money on Trump. :lol:

luckyone

Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:33 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
Obviously the republican dream ticket would be a Trump/DeSantis then DeSantis could just slide in for 2028 and 2032. Marjorie Taylor Green would make an excellent speaker of the house since she can never shut up.

Now that's funny. MTG is a show pony who actually hasn't done a thing for her district. She's the beneficiary that her district is one of the collectively dumbest in the State of Georgia and overlooked her carpetbagging, and as such her seat is probably safe (at least much safer than say, Lauren Boebert's). She's a stellar self-promotor but she's otherwise a witless wonder with respect to policy. She couldn't even sputter out a coherent answer about "HIPPA violations" when asked about her vaccination status. Any competent leader is going to have her chasing her tail and will likely contain her.

stratosphere

Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:52 pm

victrola wrote:

Pretty much agree. I think the party wants to move away from Trump but they know he still has a die hard base and the Republicans are afraid to kick him to the street. The only way it would work for Trump is if DeSantis decides to sit this one out and run in the next one. DeSantis has no intention of being second banana to Trump as a running mate when he knows he can take the top spot. If the GOP nominates DeSantis should he decide to run. Trump will burn the house down that is a given. Trump supporters will fracture the party and the Democrats will win. Trump's announcement he is running again is a Democrats dream come true.

ER757

Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:32 pm

luckyone wrote:

I tend to agree with this assessment except that I don't think Cruz or Hawley are viable. Someone less polarizing is likely to join the fray and pick up the nomination because Trump and Desantis split the far right voting bloc if in fact the party hasn't moved on from Trump en-mass

alfa164

Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:34 pm

ER757 wrote:
luckyone wrote:

I tend to agree with this assessment except that I don't think Cruz or Hawley are viable. Someone less polarizing is likely to join the fray and pick up the nomination because Trump and Desantis split the far right voting bloc if in fact the party hasn't moved on from Trump en-mass

Charlie Baker... please!

leader1

Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:50 pm

alfa164 wrote:
ER757 wrote:
luckyone wrote:

Charlie Baker... please!

Charlie Baker was awesome. He's proof that a moderate GOP candidate is universally viable, even in a liberal state like MA. Case in point, if NY had selected a moderate GOPer for this past election, Hochul would have lost and they probably would have performed even better than they did in the state,

But, alas, I don't think the GOP base would accept someone of that mold. The MA GOP threatened to primary Baker so he left and they got some MAGA nut instead and got destroyed.

luckyone

Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:31 pm

ER757 wrote:
luckyone wrote:

I agree they aren't viable, moreso if they both run -- and you know Ted Cruz wants to throw his hat in again. They both come across as "Trump-Lite" at this point, not "Trump with polish." Trump, for all his flaws, has a comedic flair about him that charms people while Ted Cruz is about about as charming as a land mine, and Josh Hawley is the frat boy that you wanted to punch in the face. They both also have baggage from the Senate.

DeSantis doesn't (yet) have any real baggage. He rode a wave of accelerated retirements and repackaged his reopening of the Florida economy into a histrionic freedom crusade in order to mask the fact that his state's economy had no other choice. We shall see what happens in the coming years once Florida is no longer a bargain and the cost of housing limits their moment.

casinterest

Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:51 pm

leader1 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
ER757 wrote:

Charlie Baker... please!

Charlie Baker was awesome. He's proof that a moderate GOP candidate is universally viable, even in a liberal state like MA. Case in point, if NY had selected a moderate GOPer for this past election, Hochul would have lost and they probably would have performed even better than they did in the state,

But, alas, I don't think the GOP base would accept someone of that mold. The MA GOP threatened to primary Baker so he left and they got some MAGA nut instead and got destroyed.

And this is why the party will not move on from Trump. The maniacs have control of the assylum

StarAC17

Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:06 pm

stratosphere wrote:
victrola wrote:

Pretty much agree. I think the party wants to move away from Trump but they know he still has a die hard base and the Republicans are afraid to kick him to the street. The only way it would work for Trump is if DeSantis decides to sit this one out and run in the next one. DeSantis has no intention of being second banana to Trump as a running mate when he knows he can take the top spot. If the GOP nominates DeSantis should he decide to run. Trump will burn the house down that is a given. Trump supporters will fracture the party and the Democrats will win. Trump's announcement he is running again is a Democrats dream come true.

Maybe the house needs to get burned down.

You cannot govern a country when you have a 76 year old man acting like a child and he has is loyal followers that should know better. If he won't accept a defeat in a primary what makes you think he will accept a defeat in a general even if he gets destroyed. Someone has to stand up to him provided he needs to go to jail.

ACDC8

Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:15 pm

I honestly can't see Trump getting the nod from the Republicans on this one, after two lost elections one would think that the GOP would set their sights on someone who actually has a chance at putting them back in the Oval Office.

Kent350787

Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:36 pm

The Murdoch press seems to have turned from Trump - Fox cut coverage of the speech partway through, and the NYP trolled him with a small “Florida Man Makes Announcement” front page pointer to an unsupportive half column on P26 https://www.businessinsider.com/new-yor ... 022-11?amp

bluecrew

Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:09 pm

victrola wrote:
To all yf who think DeSantis is the answer. A guy who thinks he is a prophet from God might go over in the trailer parks of Florida

https://youtu.be/o8jz7Cwjo3c

However, it will not go over well in the swing states.

I've also heard he's suuuper weird, like not making eye contact with people, awkward in group settings, basically that he's a really terrible retail politician.

I seem to remember a fairly popular, reasonable Republican from Florida that got hosed immediately in 2016 because he was weird around people. Anyone still clapping?

Newark727

Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:35 pm

bluecrew wrote:
I've also heard he's suuuper weird, like not making eye contact with people, awkward in group settings, basically that he's a really terrible retail politician.

I seem to remember a fairly popular, reasonable Republican from Florida that got hosed immediately in 2016 because he was weird around people. Anyone still clapping?

DeSantis' stupid, publicity-hogging slapfight with Disney is not what anyone ought to call reasonable...

bluecrew

Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:44 pm

Newark727 wrote:
bluecrew wrote:

DeSantis' stupid, publicity-hogging slapfight with Disney is not what anyone ought to call reasonable...

I was referencing Jeb Bush.

My, political memories must have gotten quite short.

Newark727

Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:05 am

bluecrew wrote:
I was referencing Jeb Bush.

My, political memories must have gotten quite short.

I understood that, I just thought you might have been calling DeSantis reasonable by implication, which on a second read of your post probably isn't exactly what you meant. Sorry about that.

And it's less that my memory is short, than the 2016 primaries feel like 10,000 years ago already...

QF7

Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:31 am

Donald J. Trump and his minions such as MTG, Lauren Boebert, Kari Lake, et al, are the best campaign advertisements the Democrats could hope for, and the best part is the other side is paying the bill.

The people who count, swing voters, proved in 2022 that they’re sick and tired of the constant turmoil and drama DJT offers and they don’t believe the 2020 election was stolen and are way past ready to move on. Two years of the perpetual crybaby and victim-claiming Trump being constantly in the news will have anybody even slightly center right ready to vote for ANY alternative the Dems nominate.

If the Dems nominate Joe or Kamala probably a number of Republicans have a decent shot at winning, but Trump is not one of them.

A couple of names that have not yet been mentioned upthread (unless I missed them) are Mike Pompeo, who hasn’t been particularly shy about positioning himself if an opening appears, or Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who just proved herself able to win an election.

Nikki Haley has probably boxed herself out by foolishly saying she won’t run if Trump does.

IMO, DeSantis has built up a lot of mojo for himself, but he has also acquired quite a lot of negatives that will hurt him with swing voters. Whether he can offset that or not is an open question. On the other hand, timing is everything in politics and if you’re on an upward trajectory you’d better take advantage of it. See Chris Christie as one example of many who missed their moment.

QF7

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:31 am

NOT Trump, please, his time is gone.

phluser

Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:44 am

casinterest wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Trump made Desantis, and that is a point that will be hammered home from here until 2024. The GOP just doesn't see a way out. They think the only way to make themselves successful is to elect officials that will work brutally to deny others the rights that they have.

I expect some ugly fighting from here through the primaries between these two. The GOP can't seem to get away from wanna be fascists.

The GOP, or Establishment of the GOP, best bet is to encourage Glenn Youngkin to run. He wouldn't be directly in Trump's crossfires given that he was never endorsed by Trump, nor worked with Trump. He became governor of a blue state last year on a DeSantis lite platform, but can appeal to the voter that likes DeSantis. He appears less of an extreme version of DeSantis to appeal to moderates and those in the center. He has criticized Putin and even apologized for remarks about Pelosi. That is atypical for the Right but would appeal to the Establishment that is center Right.

I'm also guessing that Biden willl not run again. He ran to defeat Trump, and win in more purple states, but the Democrats have new surrogates and strength to hold down PA, GA, AZ and MI now without Biden. Then, Kamala Harris gets Biden's endorsement. I'm still not sure if DeSantis even runs and believe it's likely to be Trump vs. Harris, more likely than DeSantis vs. Newsom.

CaptHadley

Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:56 am

If you actually believe trump is running because he wants to become president again couldn't be more wrong. The only reason he is running is, in his mind, the only way to hold off any indictments coming his way.

cpd

Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:18 am

Gina Rinehart was seen at his function recently, so perhaps she can bankroll his entire campaign (she has plenty of mining $$$).

santi319

Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:53 am

DeSantis is a cheap Trump copy like Popsi, or N&N’s or Sprote.

His followers will follow anything anti immigrant, anti women, pro white, fake christian etc.

Its a trend with them now