Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TechRep
Topic Author

Why Delete My Post?

Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:23 am

I post a site where people can view my photo's of the Dornier 328/728. I get no money for the site, I do not advertise on the site. It's just a free place to view some cool photo's why delete it? I get many compliments from the site and would like to make it available to everyone. I have posted the updates about 5 times now on A.Net and never had a problem. If I have done something against the rules I would like to know. As far as I can see I see no reason to delete it. Just asking...

TechRep

TechRep
Topic Author

RE: Why Delete My Post?

Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:42 am

RULE:

No adverts of any kind. This includes web pages. And chain letters, pyramid schemes, virus warnings and other solicitations. Doesn't matter if you think they are aviation related or of vital value to humanity. You may however post a link to a webpage that is of high relevance to a certain discussion, but be aware; if it looks anything like an ad it will be deleted. We charge $200 US dollars per hour an ad is visible in any of the discussion forums.

I double checked the site there are NO adverts!!

TechRep

TechRep
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:51 am

It doesn't get anymore aviation related than this folks/moderators. I posted in Civil Aviation forum. The site has some technical photos but you do not need a technical background to enjoy many others. It's not really designed to be a site to display professional quality photo's, I am not trying to subvert your valued collection here on A.Net. I await your valued response, this should be good.

TechRep

administrator

Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:54 am

I deleted it as it was a clear violation of the rules. The reason there is such a rule is that we do not want posts of the kind "Hey look at my homepage that I've updated" flooding the forum (yes, everyone has a newly updated webpage). Such posts are of no value to the community as a whole.

>You may however post a link to a webpage that
>is of high relevance to a certain discussion

Yes, relevant to a discussion other than "Hey look at my webpage".

Regards,
Johan

TechRep
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:54 am

So you delete the link so others can't see your mistake? A simple explanation would be sufficient so I can understand your deeply convoluted moderation process here on A.Net.

TechRep

TechRep
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:58 am

Fine, then I will do what many others members do here and just post the link in all my posts after or under my name.

TechRep

administrator

Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:10 am

I really don't like that either TechRep. Again it's information that is not relevant to the thread at hand. Please feel free to include your webpage in your user profile, there's a field especially for homepage URL's.

You have to think "what would happen if everyone did this, would it be positive or negative to the discussion forum as a whole".

Regards,
Johan

Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:19 am

Johan: I enjoyed seeing the updates. I think they were a positive posting. They were on current stuff, and not about "Hey I added some shots of the AA 757 to my MIA airport site". I wish you'd change your decision.

BTW: you violate the rules all the time. you post a.net adverts/updates in dozens of posts and thread starters Big grin.

TechRep
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:22 am

If you would like I can e-mail you about 25 members that do this currently. Here are a few that do it on all or at least most of their postings.

LOT767-300ER
Flying-Tiger
Luchtzak

That took me about 3 minutes of looking. If you want I can audit the site and find many more. I see again selective use of the rules applied on a whim, when the feeling is befitting.

TechRep

TechRep
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:38 am

Here are a few more for your collection of violators:

Airways
Hias

TechRep

TechRep
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:56 am

While this is in fact your site, you can of course do what you want with it. I quote you in a previous posting:

"I am. This is my site and my discussion forum. I decided what goes and what doesn't (I wrote the rules). The moderators are appointed by me and we work together in sorting out problems. We strive to stay neutral in every situation and apply the rules equally to every user. Every deleted post is emailed to every moderator and if someone does not agree with a deletion, the issue is discussed among the moderators until a solution is found that will be applied next time a similar situation arises.

So I assume in the future anyone found adding their "Web Tag" below their name will have their post deleted. I understand you do not answer to me but you are looked upon as the "Big Toe" or owner of this site. I intern follow the leader, it's leading by example, when the leader states you can't add your "Web Tag", then it will not happen. I assume however that this information will be passed onto the moderators and will now be enforced.

I see now by your statement since you have exercised this rule upon me it will be equally distributed to the other A.Net members. I thank you for your quick reply to my post, I also realise you didn't have to take time out of your day to answer too me, I thank you for your time.

TechRep

hawkeye2

Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:57 am

We charge $200 US dollars per hour an ad is visible in any of the discussion forums.

Is this for real??  Smile

174thfwff

Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:23 am

Gosh Techrep,
We are humans here, not machines. We can't and won't check every post. That's impossible. However if we are reading a thread, and we see something that's not supposed to be there, then we take it off.

-174thfwff

administrator

Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:10 pm

I said I didn't like it TechRep, I did not say it was against any rules. If it turns into a problem (a lot of people using long signatures), we might have to consider adding such a rule.

Let's move on to more constructive discussions.

Thanks,
Johan