As I've mentioned in this thread, we are soon to offer T-shirts, hats, cups and other stuff via Cafepress, all branded with a cool Airliners.net logo. However, the current logo is rather plain for a T-shirt, we're looking for something more dynamic and colorful. A distinctive logo that Airliners.net users would wear with pride!
Help us design this masterpiece and the person with the winning graphic wins three months of First Class Membership PLUS three pieces of merchandise of your choice from the Airliners.net store branded with your design (shipping included)!
These are the rules:
- The graphic should be submitted on this thread or to my email address [email protected] before Monday 8th of July (two weeks from today)
- The graphic should be of high quality so that it will look good printed on the merchandise. Either in JPEG format with as little compression as possible and in a big size (like 1280x960 pixels) or (rather) in TIFF, PSD or EPS.
- You can submit more than one version of your logo for different merchandise or different parts of the merchandise. For instance, you might want to submit one version of your logo for the front of the t-shirt and another one for the back.
- You can not base your logo on the copyright protected work of someone else (like a photo from Airliners.net) without the permission of the copyright holder.
- Try not to use photos as it will not look as good printed as it does on your screen. Rather use a few basic colors and a simple design. We have the photographer store in "work in progress" but you might get some ideas by looking at it. You'll find the store here. Note that your design should appeal to every user of Airliners.net, not only to the photographers.
- The winner will be decided by me in cooperation with the Airliners.net crew and will be announced after July 8 2002.
- You may include the current Airliners.net logo in your graphic (but don't need to if you don't want to), you will find a high resolution version here (JPEG), here (EPS) and here (TIF).
- Why not include one of the slogans of Airliners.net:
The wings of the web (official slogan)
The heart of the online aviation community
Center of commercial aviation online
The world of commercial aviation at your fingertips
Bringing online aviation to new heights
Fly the net! Anyone can surf.
A breath of fresh jet blast
Just like flying but without the peanuts
Fly by wire
We serve both HVN and HEL
Stealth fighters are for wimps
Home of the Internet jet-set
Heavy metal never looked so good
Home of the top aviation photographers in the world!
There you have it. Feel free to ask questions in this thread or by email if you require more information. I'm not much of a graphics designer myself and I very much appreciate your support and are looking forward to seeing the suggestions! Don't be afraid to submit a graphic - you certainly do not have to be a professional to participate!