Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

IslandHopper
Topic Author

$60/year For A.net Forums Too Rich For My Blood!

Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:11 am

First of all, I want to thank Johan for all his work in making a great website. I've gotten hours of enjoyment from it.

However, I work in church missions and while $60/year isn't a lot to most people, it is to me. I just had to cancel my subscription to a.net because of my budget. I'm sure Johan will kill my username soon.

Does $60 a year for an online subscription seem as high to you guys as it does to me? The most I've ever paid for any magazine is $30 a year. I think Johan set this price to help cover his costs, but I think he is putting an unfair share of the costs on new members. Those who joined prior to Sept. 2002 are mooching for free while us new guys foot the bill.

My proposal? Offer a reasonable yearly subscription required by ALL members. If it were $20-25 I think all of us would pay it in a heartbeat...and I'd guarantee that Johan would end up with a LOT more $ to cover his costs. Maybe offer a 30-day free trial to get people hooked.

This may seem nickel and dime to a lot of you, but I'll bet a.net is missing out on a lot of great posts and valuable contributions because of the expense involved in becoming a member. Me for one.

It's been great guys, I'll miss participating in the discussions here.

MaxPowers

RE: $60/year For A.net Forums Too Rich For My Blood!

Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:15 am

I see a little light to your points...

But us older members were grandfathered in. We were the reason why this website is where it is today, good and bad.

Max Powers

EGGD

Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:52 am

eh,

I just typed out a long post, I hate my mouse (has a 5th button on the side that I keep pressing, goes back to last page).

Basically, I understand, but us people that have been here for a long time are the ones that made it attractive enough for people to subscribe too. We weren't told about any of this until after we'd become members, so making us pay or kicking us out now would be a bit unfair, especially when alot of us have become members of the community now.

I'd pay today if I had the money, but I am a photographer as well. Thats why I came to the site in the first place, and it takes up most of my money. I can't post my photos on here and pay for forum membership at the same time, I can't afford it. Along with my other hobby, playing the guitar/music. Its just not possible. If I wasn't a member before FC, then I wouldn't register now, just because I can't afford it. I'm not not paying, just because I don't have to.

i understand, but I guess the phrase 'first come, first served' applies here (in a non-direct way lol  Smile).

Cheers

Dan.

aa61hvy

Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:02 am

I agree. If I had money I'd pay, but I am a college student. Everyone knows college student=no money. I have a couple pictures on here. But I was on here, a long time ago, there are few people that are still here. ie: Blink182, we were on here when the site was really starting out. My post number doesn't show that, but the date does.
Go big or go home

Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:02 am

Given the amount of hard work and effort that goes into the site $60 doesn't seem that much. Look at what you spend and tell me if it's REALLY that much. $30 for a year's worth of magazines? So what? That gets you 12 editions. This site is available nearly 365 days a year, it gives you instant access, more pictures than you will see in a lifetime of magazines, up to date information from people in the industry and enthusiasts and an ability to interact with them.

It's worth more than a magazine subscription.

However, last person to drop FC membership simply had the FC portion of his access removed, I would think that's what you'd get too but I guess we'll see.

ADG

Ikarus

Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:08 am

ADG: Actually, membership in this site isn't worth chickensh*t, due to the decreasing quality of the forums (see previous arguments about the bad influence of the Non-Av forum). And if forum membership is the only real benefit, then quite frankly, only a fool would pay. How did the journal of the Royal Aeronautical Society put it in their short review of this site (last month, I think)? Something along the lines of "Lots of nice pictures, site offers a 'First Class Membership" without actually saying what benefits that's supposed to entail"

If there were a charge to staying in, I'd drop out without a second thought. After all, the pictures are available to all, for free...

Islandhopper: Take the $60 you save, donate them to a worthy cause (eg comic relief today?) and rest assured - you won't be missing much!

[email protected]

Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:23 am

$60 a year is quite a lot to pay, but i'm willing to pay if i have to.
In Arsene we trust!!

IHadAPheo

Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:28 pm

Ever since First Class memberships became available I wanted to pay for the site I use and enjoy so much. The only thing preventing me from doing this was that the only form of payment offered was PayPal and I have a severe PalPal phobia. I held out from using PayPal and recently the day came when the powers that be accept credit cards for payment. It took a couple of emails to Johan to work out a couple problems and yippie skippy here I am surfn' A.net with no ads and helping to support the sine in a financial way.

As to the cost $5.00/month is quite reasonable. We (wifey, Lizzie and I) are in no way wealthy, our combined income is around $34,000 US/year. For a family of three that includes our 2 year old daughter Lizzie we have to try to stay within a budget that allows us precious little free cash outside of he bare necessities (food,clothing, housing, telephone, satellite, heat, electric, A.net and of course Nick Cave music/movies/video/concerts.

I do understand that my situation is not the same as another A.net member's but.... I am happy to be paying my $5.00/month

Yours,
IHadAPheo
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

IMissPiedmont

Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:27 pm

Well. I feel wealthy after Pheo's post. Why am I always broke though?

My situation is that I tend to be a bit of a ludite. I will not ever put my credit card numbers on any website. I thank luck that I was able to join in spring of 2001. I can post free and I thank Johan for that. My payment comes in my ability to direct the uneducated to this site. I know 3 that have become first class members (one has even posted a few times!) in the past 6 months.

I would happily pay the $5.00 per month, $60.00 per year in advance, if Johan would accept another form (personal check) of payment. Hell, I waste that much every week.

IslandHopper, hang in there (here) brother. Read the posts. Soon your sacrifice will pay off in that you will be able to pay $60.00 without a thought.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:33 pm

"My proposal? Offer a reasonable yearly subscription required by ALL members. If it were $20-25 I think all of us would pay it in a heartbeat...and I'd guarantee that Johan would end up with a LOT more $ to cover his costs. Maybe offer a 30-day free trial to get people hooked."

I am fortunate to have one of the free subscriptions, and I really appreciate having it. However, the day that any subscription fee is required of me is the same day that I permenantly retire from a.net. Honestly, the photos are what I value the most by far, and you don't have to register to gain access to them. (The non-av forum has done nothing but provide me a daily source of frustration, and I'm considering going on an extended non-av hiatus.)

'Speed

Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:37 pm

and to thank the photographers who take the time to take the photos and upload them for you to enjoy you refuse to pay to support the site and you threaten to leave if payment is made compulsory.

Nice work.

ADG

Ikarus

Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:58 pm

and to thank the photographers who take the time to take the photos and upload them I beta-tested the "Buy Prints" feature and bought (expensive, low quality) Airliners.net posters from Cafepress, and will buy more prints once the feature goes online....

It's not the photos I have an issue with, it's the forums. And these are the only benefit of subscription...

Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:41 pm

Have to agree with most other members here. Many of those who don't have to pay the first class membership have been around for a long time.
They made the site what it is today.

Then again I also agree with Ikarus. The forums are by no means worth 60 $ a year. The pictures are the intersting matter and they are for free.

And even if you really want to have the forum, you can still read the posts there and stay informed that way.

jwenting

Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:23 pm

There was talk of putting the photos behind the FC login at one point Bron.
It wasn't until quite a few of us threatened to pull everything from the site that that was scrapped.

I can quite understand why someone doesn't think the forums alone worth $60 a year (I wouldn't pay that kind of money)...
If the entire site were pay-only with free membership for photographers, or some such structure, $60 would be far more reasonable.
I wish I were flying

Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:02 am

"and to thank the photographers who take the time to take the photos and upload them for you to enjoy you refuse to pay to support the site and you threaten to leave if payment is made compulsory."

What are you talking about? The photographers don't get paid to put their photos on this website. If they did, then the fee might be worthwhile. But how does paying a membership fee to the administrators help the photographers at all? And how would the photographers benefit from a mandatory fee for all users--it would just limit the exposure (no pun intended) their photographs recieve.

Which reminds me: There are some spectacular photos in the database, there are some not-so spectacular. I have enough experience in photography to be able to tell the difference. If I'm going to have to pay to see photos, they darn well better be good ones.

'Speed

MaxPowers

Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:42 am

Ikarus,

Delete your user name then please.

-Max Powers

Ikarus

Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:37 am

MaxPowers: In your dreams, pal!

As long as it's free, I'm in...

as, it seems to be the case, are you. If you are so pleased with the forums, why aren't you paying?

Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:20 am

What are you talking about? The photographers don't get paid to put their photos on this website.

No, but the money paid goes into running the site that makes this service available to the photographers who choose to upload their pictures. Without airliners.net there could be no airliners.net photographs. Why isn't it reasonable for the person who created it, put time into it and who looks after it to be recompensed for his effort?

If they did, then the fee might be worthwhile.

Have you ever bought a photograph off any of the photographers?

But how does paying a membership fee to the administrators help the photographers at all?

Do you really think this site just runs itself? Do you think that people don't put time/effort into setting it up, changing the code, making improvements, catering to the whim of the whingers that are constantly demanding change? Don't you think Johan deserves compensation for the effort he puts into this site? And ffs, don't you think that asking for $5 a month for "first class membership" is better than applying any type of restrictions to the photographs?

And how would the photographers benefit from a mandatory fee for all users--it would just limit the exposure (no pun intended) their photographs recieve.

Many of the photographers would support the site administrator making money from his site. Many, like myself, prefer the way it is done now with the fee being optional.

Which reminds me: There are some spectacular photos in the database, there are some not-so spectacular. I have enough experience in photography to be able to tell the difference. If I'm going to have to pay to see photos, they darn well better be good ones.

Funny comment that one considering there are so many different things that must be taken into account when dealing with the photographs on any site, even this one. I don't generally like to pass negative comment on any photograph and I dont' like it when others feel that armchair critique is acceptable.

What really is amusing is that you guys don't whinge about having to pay for a magazine or a model airplane, but whinge about $5 a month to support a site that offers you so much.

My only suggestion to Johan is that he should offer free FC membership to the larger uploaders to his site if he doesn't already do so. After all, they support him in a far better way then sending $5 a month.

ADG

Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:51 am

"Don't you think Johan deserves compensation for the effort he puts into this site?"

Yes and no. Yes, Johan does put a lot of effort into this site. And yes, if he would like to make the $5 fee mandatory, he has every right to do so. Sometimes I don't understand why he puts up with all of the crap that he does. However, none of us asked him to create this site for us.

"What really is amusing is that you guys don't whinge about having to pay for a magazine or a model airplane, but whinge about $5 a month to support a site that offers you so much."

No offense (and this is more of a reflection on the users of a.net than the administration), but magazines/books are usually a better source of technical information. And a model is tangible: It lasts. It isn't archived or deleted.

"My only suggestion to Johan is that he should offer free FC membership to the larger uploaders to his site if he doesn't already do so. After all, they support him in a far better way then sending $5 a month."

I think I could support this, because in my opinion, the photographs are what give this site it's real value. However, I don't really have a vote because I have a free membership... (an ex-membership if I have to start paying.)

'Speed

lennymuir

Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:55 am

This seems to be a timeous thread for me.

This might also be my last post into a.net.

Due to problems I will not explain here, I've had no option but to stop banking with PayPal and cease my account.

I've e-mailed 'J' with an explanation and I'll wait and see what happens.

My only suggestion to Johan is that he should offer free FC membership to the larger uploaders to his site if he doesn't already do so. After all, they support him in a far better way then sending $5 a month.

You stole the words from my mouth ADG.
Sitting at +800, I wonder if I've redeemed myself sufficiently?

I'm not a rabid post freak into these forums. My main reason for subscribing to FC was to assist Johan, because he was kind enough to assist me gain some exposure for my photographs....but as ADG says, the 'content' I'm supplying is of a higher value, I'm sure.
(I'm not trying to be big-headed, just stating a fact)

Thanks for letting me join into your topic.
If you don't hear from me again, well, so be it....just look out for those
photographs and hit them!

Wink/being sarcastic

Byeee!

Gerry

Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:03 am

Yes and no. Yes, Johan does put a lot of effort into this site. And yes, if he would like to make the $5 fee mandatory, he has every right to do so. Sometimes I don't understand why he puts up with all of the crap that he does. However, none of us asked him to create this site for us.

and yet you admit to enjoying the site and obviously you spend a fair bit of time here. Hardly a good attitude considering. Guess you bitch about paying taxes as well?

No offense (and this is more of a reflection on the users of a.net than the administration), but magazines/books are usually a better source of technical information. And a model is tangible: It lasts. It isn't archived or deleted.

How do you justify that the magazines are a better source of technical information? Here all you need to do is ask and someone will supply the information. I've seen many magazines that are full of inaccuracies, people passing themselves off as experts when clearly they aren't. At least here, those who do that are quickly taken to task by others.

I'm not saying this is "better" than the magazines, I just find it far more convenient and it's fantastic to be able to interact. With a magazine you get what you get and nothing more. There is a place for both in this world and I really don't agree with your justifications for not paying for a web site.

I think I could support this, because in my opinion, the photographs are what give this site it's real value. However, I don't really have a vote because I have a free membership... (an ex-membership if I have to start paying.)

I don't think there has been any indication in the forums that Johan doesn't listen to the opinions of the non payers.

Gerry,

I hope they reduce you to the non payer level, that way you stay here. If Johan reads this then I suggest that consider free FC membership to those who upload pictures. As we know it's not easy to do that so people won't be able to upload any old shite just to get free membership, perhaps if he chooses an achievement level of photos.

1000? 2000? something hefty so that it rewards those who supply the images that everyone else enjoys. You'd have to upload a few more Gerry, but it gives you something to aim for.

Another suggestion for Johan, if this paypal thing is an issue for some, perhaps you should consider a "yearly fee" which is a little less than the pay by the month scheme and can be paid via a cheque in a suitable currency once a year? A bit more of a bother for you, but it may catch the people who choose not to use paypal?

Food for thought too.....

ADG

QANTASforever

Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:26 am

Bron,

If you are such an advocate of paying for this site then why are you not a first class member?

QANTASFOREVER
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:01 pm

"and yet you admit to enjoying the site and obviously you spend a fair bit of time here. Hardly a good attitude considering. Guess you bitch about paying taxes as well?"

There is no pleasing you ADG, not in this forum or any other. So I'm not going to waste my time formulating another argument. I'm not paying, end of story.

'Speed

Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:18 pm

NS,

That's pretty much a "no leg to stand on" response.

Blake,

Glenn has 4638 images in the database and he screens for the site, to my way of thinking that equates to far more value to Johan than 2x First Class Memberships. Mind you, if I wanted the fuctionality that the FC members are given, i'd pay in an instant.

But as you've asked, why aren't you a FC member?

ADG

QANTASforever

Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:31 pm

ADG:

But as you've asked, why aren't you a FC member?

Because I'm a cheapskate darling Big grin Kirribilli Capitalist I am I am.

QANTASFOREVER Big grin
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

lennymuir

Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:45 pm

1000? 2000? something hefty so that it rewards those who supply the images that everyone else enjoys. You'd have to upload a few more Gerry, but it gives you something to aim for.

Sorry ADG. I 'll have to disagree with you on that one darling.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Always : Quality before Quantity.

I'd rather upload fewer shots that pleases me, rather than a high volume to allow me to talk shite!

Laugh out loud

.....am I still here? I'm not gone yet!....

Missing you already...

Gerry

EGGD

Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:23 pm

Sorry but the whole reason for the FC membership is not so some people can get a few extra perks on the forum, but rather to make it possible to keep the database online.

Having 2000 photos on the site doesn't give Johan $5 every month, but it does take up alot of space on his HDD's and alot of bandwidth for people viewing them...

Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:10 pm

Gerry,

Are you suggesting that those with a high number of uploads have somehow circumvented the screening process? I like to think of the large uploaders as those who are better skilled than I am .. I have a hefty 40 pics online now!  Laugh out loud

EGGD,

But on the other hand, without those large numbers of uploads there would be no appeal for non uploaders to visit here would there and therefore no used hdd space and no bandwidth (and thus no site)? It's been verified above, without the pictures this site is nothing more than forums and that's not very appealing at all.

After all, this site is rated as the 5000'th (and something) most hit site on the INTERNET, tell me those pictures have nothing to do with that!

Laugh out loud

ADG

KROC

Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:47 pm

ADG. Since you are so worried about other people paying 5 bucks a month, how come you aren't coughing up 5 bucks a month yourself?

lennymuir

Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:19 pm

Are you suggesting that those with a high number of uploads have somehow circumvented the screening process?

Certainly not!

I've reached where I am slowly and at my own pace.
I have no idea where you got that thought from ADG.
Neither will I take up your suggestion of accelerating my uploads to keep pace with a notional attainment of volume.

Dan.

You are missing my my point too.
Yes, FC was my prefferred method of saying 'thankyou' to Johan.
I've no problem with that.
I don't care a jot about having to pay $5 a month to chat on these forums.
If I lose the FC, then I just won't be able to talk to you in here. BFD.
I might send him some Euro's through the post occasionally.
I've always got a few spare notes after my foreign trips.
That's up to Johan and how he perceives my contribution towards his site.

Having 2000 photos on the site doesn't give Johan $5 every month
Eh?...Have you heard of 'content' Dan?
This site would be nothing more than a talking shop if it weren't for the pictures.

Who wants to pay $5 to just chat? Some people here obviously do.
I'm not a 'Civil Aviation' guru offering fascinating insight and details, I just take photographs.
There are many other places that will let you talk for free, yes?
I might have to speak to you on the other 'sites' Dan.
Isn't that a shame?

BTW Dan, HDD cost pennies, it's the transmission that soaks up the money.
Remember, the 'content' isn't Johan's, it's the contributers.
Once you get a grasp of that concept, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

Cheers

Gerry

Airbus Lover

Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:23 pm

Well no1 asked Johan to create this site but the existence of this site has provided enough enjoyment, entertainment and information to many of us... (almost all of us)...

Due to the fact that I am not getting much freedom to spend $$ or neither do I get much $$ from my parents, I am not able to fork out $5 per month. But when I get a credit card of my own, I won't mind buying one less model each year to pay for subscription.

Johan has put in a lot of effort into this site and I really appreciate it...

When i have the $$, I will be paying! Not for the First Class title, but to keep this site running and perhaps Johan might be able to cover the cost and get rewarded a bit for creating such wonderful site!

Thanks Johan and other A.net Crew  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:25 am

"That's pretty much a "no leg to stand on" response."

Not if my point is that you are a malcontent.

I'm not paying.

'Speed

MaxPowers

Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:37 am

Ikarus,

As to why I'm not paying...

I've done much more for this website then you will ever do in your lifetime.

-Max Powers.

Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:40 am

Normal,

it's clear that the malcontent is you. You're the one taking an arrogant stand and then justifying it in a manner that will give others cause to take the same actions you are.

Kroc,

Asked and answered mate or don't you read?

ADG

KROC

Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:33 am

I don't read everything. It all runs together and gets very boring.

Ikarus

Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:31 am

MaxPowers: And what would that magical thing you did for this website be? 239 posts in the forums? I can't find a photographer named MaxPowers, I could not find any valuable posts of yours in the Tech/Ops forum, in total, I could not find your added value to airliners.net at all....

Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:26 am

I don't read everything. It all runs together and gets very boring.

How foolish then to post in ignorance  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Ikarus,

A pissing competition? Cool....

ADG

kolobokman

Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:37 am

I am just cheap!

-artiom
I can neither confirm, nor deny above post

Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:03 pm

"it's clear that the malcontent is you. You're the one taking an arrogant stand..."

You prove my point with every word you speak.

"...and then justifying it in a manner that will give others cause to take the same actions you are."

I had no idea my argument was that effective. Thanks for the compliment.

'Speed

Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:22 pm

It's not often someone compliments another for pointing out that they're nothing more than a selfish little person who thinks the world is here for their benefit.

But hey! If you like it, then you're welcome.

ADG

IHadAPheo

Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:58 pm

Just to chime in again on this thread....

There has been some comment on if this site is worth $5.00/month, As I said in my prior post to me yes it is. I spend far more on each of the 3 or 4 "spur of the momment" magazine purchases than I do on my A.net fee and I get far more enjoyment from a month of A.net time than I do reading some of the magazines I buy (no not those kinds of magazines, mostly computer, aviation, music and currency collecting mags)

So in closing even though I was "grandfathered in" I still made the choice to switch to a paying First Class member. This is what best suits MY feelings but if others chose otherwise thats OK with me as well. Also the number of post someone has can have little reflection on their worth, just look at myself 2100+ posts and I'm still a twit who likes to post quick mindless babblings mostly in the non-av forum (but I do enjoy read others posts in the other forums).

Oh well enough jibberish from me, it's 0200 and time for bed. Did any of the above make any sense???, I bet not but it does prove my point about my mindless bablings.

Yours,
IHadAPheo
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:30 am

"It's not often someone compliments another for pointing out that they're nothing more than a selfish little person who thinks the world is here for their benefit."

Now wait just a minute. I'm nearly 6 feet tall. How dare you call me little!

'Speed

P.S. If one is accused of being disagreeable, the best defense is not to intensify the disagreeableness. If I were you, I'd calm down a bit. You are making this far too much fun for me.

P.P.S. I'm still not paying.

Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:20 am

Now wait just a minute. I'm nearly 6 feet tall. How dare you call me little!

Reference wasn't to height

P.S. If one is accused of being disagreeable, the best defense is not to intensify the disagreeableness. If I were you, I'd calm down a bit. You are making this far too much fun for me.

You find making a fool out of yourself fun? Hey! you meet all types in this world.

P.P.S. I'm still not paying.

Hey were you jumping up and down as you said that?

ADG

FACT

Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:58 am

Ikarus said I could not find your added value to airliners.net at all....

That's because Max has kept his contribution under the radar, so to speak. Some people are like that, and it's their perogative to do so. However, as he says, he has helped out a lot in the past.

Nuf sed. Let's stick to the topic, shall we?

/ Andrew D
Corrections Editor
there are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't

Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:47 am

ADG,

This is my last post concerning the subject. No amount of bitching on your part will change my mind. End of discussion.

'Speed

Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:55 am

I never set out to change your mind, people like you won't change. I set out to debunk your statements and I suspect that's been well and truly done.

AS you say .. nuff said.

ADG

IMissPiedmont

Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:26 pm

And now I feel guilty after Pheo's last post. Well no, not really. If I indeed felt so guilty, now that I could pay with a credit card, I would. I guess I'm just a cheapskate.

Babble on twit....errr, I mean IHadAPheo.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:18 am

"I never set out to change your mind..."

That statement illustrates my point. You'd be much more effective in a debate if you used persuasion instead of so-called "debunking" (which is really just a euphemism for taking out your petty grievances on whomever happens to be in your cross-hairs. Clearly you've got some deeper issues, so I'm willing to let it slide).

And so much for debunking. I'm nothing but more convinced that my stance is right. And that is in part because you failed to produce an argument that was not motivated by antipathy.

'Speed

Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:08 am

Hey Normal ... remember this?

This is my last post concerning the subject.

Laugh out loud Seems you're not that good at keeping your word ....

As for your advice on debating, that's incorrect as well. The issue isn't to deal with you, but with anyone who may be thinking about siding with you on the issues. It gives them the "other side" and allows them to make a more informed choice.

ADG

Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:34 pm

"This is my last post concerning the subject."

"Seems you're not that good at keeping your word ...."

Perhaps I should have been more specific. That was my last post concerning the topic of paying for a.net. If you'll kindly refer to reply 47, you will find that I made no mention of that subject.

Nice try though.

'Speed