Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TransIsland
Topic Author

Airliners.net On MACs

Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:49 am

Hi,

I have a MAC at work with OS 9.2 and MS Internet Explorer 5series.

When I go to www.airliners.net, IE closes and tells me to restart the computer, when I go to any other page on the server, I get the blue background loaded and that's it.

Anybody else with the same problem?
Any suggestions how to fix this? (And please don't tell me to focus on my work at the office and surf a.net from my computer at home.....  Big grin)
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

ExitRow

RE: Airliners.net On MACs

Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:13 am

Sounds like a problem with your system/browser. I have two Macs running two different OSs and three different browser versions and have not had problems like you've described.

Clear your history and your IE preferences, restart and see what happens...

william

BTW, don't expect to get much help here. You'll just get computer-use statistics read back to you how 90% of visitors are on PCs. Then you'll get three or four kids telling you "mAcs Suk! PCs RULE!!!"

[Edited 2004-04-19 21:16:08]

aviatortj

Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:48 am

The other Mac users will come to try to help also. We might be small, but we are loud  Wink/being sarcastic.

If you are able to, try using Mozilla. I am not sure if they make a classic browser, but it is along the lines of Netscape. Even after you get that set, the AIRLINERS forums tend to browse a little slower on the Macs too.

__TJ__

scottysair

Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:55 am

I decide that would like better with PC only and it is much better than with macintosh computer before. I did not use them for long time.

hawaiian717

Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:10 pm

The last official Mozilla for classic was 1.2.1, though if you search Google you can find some unofficial 1.3.1 builds. Mozilla 1.2.1 can be found on this page: http://www.mozilla.org/releases/old-releases-1.1-1.4rc3.html.

The last version of Netscape for classic was 7.02, you can download it from this page: http://wp.netscape.com/download/archive/client_archive70x.html. Look for "7.02 English - Mac PowerPC".

You might also want to see if you're running the latest version of IE, which for classic is 5.1.7 (the 5.2 series is for Mac OS X). Download from here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie.

Hope this helps.

David / MRY

artsyman

Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:59 am

I am having no problems under OSX, but must say that I do get the beachball on load up. How many mac users end up trying to put the spinning beach ball in the 747 engines on the main page ? (how sad)

J

aviatortj

Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:09 am

J, good call on having the beachball ingested while I wait. Normally I just sit and watch it for 5 seconds.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

__TJ__

VectorVictor

Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:42 pm

How many mac users end up trying to put the spinning beach ball in the 747 engines on the main page ?

Hey Artsyman (i'm still here BTW). I've been putting the Spinning Wheel O Death in the 747 engines for quite a while. That is hilarious that you mention that.

TransIsland
Topic Author

Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:12 am

Hi,

thanks for the advice, but I still can't figure it out. I just avoid the homepage now, when I'm at work..

Could we maybe couple the Mac vs PC discussion with a good old-fashioned Boeing vs Airbus debate, add some Marmite vs Vegemite to it, and see who will live?  Big grin (just kidding, please don't!)
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.