Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rootsair
Topic Author

Thank You For Your Respect!

Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:54 am

I would like to thank the A.net crew for their respect to the millions of people that are concrned about the pope's health .
This noon, a member of A.net posted a thread about Poope John Paul II death which has shocked many a people! This could only be the worst April's fools joke.

This member had a RR of 62 .
Well well ,but who cares about his RR. Whether he has a RR of 0 or 62 doesn't give him more rights to post up a thread on such a serious matter about somone who represents a whole religion on earth.

This forms part of the Airliner's.net rule that says to repects everybody's opinions and beliefs. He didn't repect this so its normal he was banned for a while.
I have only been here for a month and my RR has only gone up to 1 to go back to 0 but I'm sure that respecting rate in A.net does not reflect how you are respected in everyday life and whom you should respect. So please take my message seriously and eventhough many of you respected UTA I could not have a single drop of respect for what he did
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

aloges

RE: Thank You For Your Respect!

Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:40 am

Quoting RootsAir (Thread starter):
I have only been here for a month

Believe me, it shows.

I'm sure that respecting rate in A.net does not reflect how you are respected in everyday life and whom you should respect.

Sounds about right.

RootsAir, let it slide, with a looong "i". One offensive post from UTA doesn't mean he's a crook, and it certainly won't be the last post on a.net that offends you personally, your religion or any other part of you. That's just the way this forum works, we all post some bs every now and then, but we also forgive since often it's nothing personal. Especially non_av is a playground for those with a somewhat thicker skin and an understanding for someone else's strange sense of humour. UTA's thread was deleted, he got a ban, he will be back, all is well.

[Edited 2005-04-01 17:41:31]
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

unattendedbag

Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:39 am

joined Feb 2005, 518 posts

you're on the fast track!

-----
You gotta remember some folks around here greatly inflate the "Age:" they put in their profile. There are many juveniles that are "31-35" years old. Anything 'life altering' like the Pope dying, you have to check out for yourself.
Slower traffic, keep right

ANCFlyer

Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:57 am

This forms part of the Airliner's.net rule that says to repects everybody's opinions and beliefs. He didn't repect this so its normal he was banned for a while.

Hmmm, seems to me if a) he broke the rules and b) he was banned, the moderators did their job, and this thread is moot? Why are we here? Why is this a thread at all? Someone get their feelings hurt?

As Aloges said, very well, you need a bit of a thick skin in non-av; don't have it, then don't play.

I see a lot things I disagree with, even some things that I consider tetering on the edge of breaking the rules, but I rarely see any personal, one on one, attacks. That is unacceptable and in this case has been dealt with . . .

What else would you prefer, perhaps have UTA shot at sunrise?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

AeroWesty

Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:27 am

I did not see the thread in question, but this morning CNN was indeed reporting that Italian media had reported the Pope had died, with the proviso that they were unable to independently confirm it.
International Homo of Mystery

MidnightMike

Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:09 am

RootsAir

I did not the thread in question, but, yesterday, 01-April, there were numerous news reports that the Pope had passed. In fact, I had read "3" reports & saw the same report on tv (CNN & Fox), but, reporting the passing of the Pope....
NO URLS in signature

baw2198

Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:46 am

UTA might have posted early, but if he got his information from the reading the italian news site (kronos) they said later in the day that they had indeed messed up by not confirming their information with the vatican.

I'm not sticking up for him, just presenting the facts of what happened and/ or may have caused the thread that early.

Aaron
"And remember, Keep your stick on the ice"--->Red Green

KaiGywer

Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:03 pm

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

QANTAS077

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:16 pm

just about every forum i've been through has a message about the pope, and now we have people linking CNN special in this forum, give it a rest! the place for it is offtopic, not every other forum.  Sad

Russophile

Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:12 am

Respect? More like the moderators (VC-10 in particular) overstepping their bounds and deleting threads which broke no rules in particular. The reason that thread was deleted was because it was 'insensitive'. Cry me a fricking river people. Yasser Arafat died, and there was a thread within minutes with people saying that they were happy he was dead, blah blah blah. Was this deleted? No. And it has happened on previous occasions too.

Rootsair, where is the respect for those of us who have opinions that were against His Hypocriticness?

Oh wait, it's a one-side issue. I forgot. Sorry.  Yeah sure