Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

i530j

RE: A.net Has Been Invaded By Children And Others

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:56 am

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 99):
Okay - perhaps. But can I ask how you can know this. I have worked in our industry for 13 years, and I still know only a fraction of the wealth of information offered by some of the industry's finest people on these boards

Well I'm not a absolute genus at this but some young members are all over aviation 24/7. Since school is out here in the US us "children" have nothing better to do  Wink

Cheers,
JK
"I love you, I love the kids..." then the phone went dead.

wrighbrothers

Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:12 am

Quoting I530j (Reply 98):
Some of these "children" are actually very smart people who know a lot about the airline industry and I myself is learning new things everyday.

I agree with your statement  Smile
Age isn't a boundary to your knowledge, a 13yr old, may not know as much about LIFE as a 50yr old, but it doesn't mean that he/she is less knowledgeable than elders.

But can I ask how you can know this.

Does Bill Gates know less than someone who's been in computering longer than him ?

I have worked in our industry for 13 years, and I still know only a fraction of the wealth of information offered by some of the industry's finest people on these boards.

Yes, admittedly those who have been in the trade longer, will most likely know more than a person younger than them.

Bottom line, knowledge doesn't come with age, it comes with experience.
who knows more, A man who has been in the business 30yrs and is 50, or a man who has been in the business 25yrs, and is 60 ??

Wrighbrothers
Always stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone..

JGPH1A

Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:17 am

Quoting Wrighbrothers (Reply 101):
Yes, admittedly those who have been in the trade longer

Cornish has been "trade" for over half a century !  Smile

And experience, in most cases, comes with age (sad but true !) - that's not to say a teenager can't acquire a lot of knowledge, and that can be a good thing - experience however, is how we learn when our knowledge is applicable and useful, and when it is not.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Tom12

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:57 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 102):
And experience, in most cases, comes with age (sad but true !) - that's not to say a teenager can't acquire a lot of knowledge, and that can be a good thing - experience however, is how we learn when our knowledge is applicable and useful, and when it is not.

I agree with that 100% I also agree with what Wrightbrothers is saying.

I think that everyone will probably know something the other doesn't so regardless of age we will probably all be able to learn something from someone else, 15 or 50.

Tom
"Per noctem volamus" - Royal Air Force Bomber Squadron IX

Leskova

Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:45 pm

Quoting SA006 (Reply 97):
Well , I get to turn my age group to from 13-15 to 16-20 in a few months from now.

Having met you, having seen your pictures and having read your posts, I still find it hard to believe that you're just turning 16 just in a couple of months...  thumbsup 

Lets face it - there are highly knowledgable members in all age groups, just as there are members who... well... don't have a clue in each age group; if members (and that, in my opinion, is something that all members should be doing) could simply get back to posting facts and discussing issues without personal attacks, this site would be a lot better off.

Why is it that some seem to take any positive comment about Airbus or Boeing as a personal insult, one that they can only reply to with another personal insult (this time not an imagined one, but a real one)? Those discussions could, incidentally, be extremely interesting, but usually they just deteriorate within 5-10 posts to a virtual bash-fest that doesn't help anyone...
Smile - it confuses people!

skidmarks

Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:37 pm

Children should be seen and not heard. The youth of today is far too bloody clever, and knows far to much. It's extremely embarassing for an  old  git like me to see the wealth of information spouted by these young whippersnappers that Ihave absolutely no knowledge of.

However, as someone else said, experience is the key to using knowledge wisely.

And I have to agree some of the peurile posts ref A v B, why does......do this etc are a bad example for the many intelligent and articulate youngsters who use this site.

However, and young AND old are guilty of this, whatever you say or do, SPELLING and GRAMMAR count!! You can be as clever as you like, but the minute your content looks like it has been written by a dyslexic 5 year old on speed, usefulness is negated instantly!!

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

7LBAC111

Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:11 pm

Quoting I530j (Reply 100):
Well I'm not a absolute genus at this but some young members are all over aviation 24/7. Since school is out here in the US us "children" have nothing better to do

Which is fine - but come to the boards, learn and share what you do know. Don't become a member like some who have posted in this thread, who posts in every post going, with 'facts' which are completely wrong, and who almost unbelievably, can't even spell the name of the founder of our 'hobby' correctly.

Of which you have how much ... ?

Does Bill Gates know less than someone who's been in computering longer than him ?

Bill gates didn't make his fortune alone. He had a team of people around him constantly advising him - some younger, no doubt some older.

The point I'm making, and that of the OP, is by all means post - but post worthwhile content, listen to and learn from the people around you on these boards. Don't fill it with tripe based on experiences of Flight Sim, Airline6 and whatever else games you play on a Tuesday night after your homework is done. Thats all.

7L
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

Gofly

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:11 am

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 106):
Don't fill it with tripe based on experiences of Flight Sim, Airline6 and whatever else games you play on a Tuesday night after your homework is done. Thats all.

We have the Av Hobby forum for that!  Wink  silly 

-Gofly
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...

SA006

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:28 am

Quoting Leskova (Reply 104):
Having met you, having seen your pictures and having read your posts, I still find it hard to believe that you're just turning 16 just in a couple of months...

Thanks Frank. If you're ever down south again , don't hesitate to e-mail me.

-SA006
Proudly South African

wrighbrothers

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:22 am

Of which you have how much ... ?

Not much compared to many people, I don't know that much about money stuff, when the advert comes on TV talking about 17.5%apr etc, but I try to have a basic knowledge about everything, that way you can make general conversation, and are harder to get ripped off by someone.

but post worthwhile content, listen to and learn from the people around you on these boards.

And I have no doubt, that the vast majority of us do, it's just the few exceptions, which unfortunatly seems to be the way in life.

. Don't fill it with tripe based on experiences of Flight Sim, Airline6 and whatever else games you play on a Tuesday night after your homework is done.

I hope this is not a sterotype, of what you think teenagers do, sterotypeing someone is usualy a bad thing, I know that I perosnaly have much better things to do than play games on the PC, I like to read books, do school work, learn about the world etc,
The sterotype that teenagers spend all their free time hanging round street corners in hoodies, mugging old ladies, and looking at picture of naked women the whole time is as stupid as the sterotype that all Germans are Nazi's, who hate the English, but this is off topic

Wrighbrothers

baguy

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:52 am

Being in the 13-15 category I would like to know whether I am being a so called 'spammer' or 'spoiled brat'. I like to think I make an decent contribution to a.net, although as with many other a.netters I am not always right.

Dutchjet: I would also like to point that there are bound to be a fair few 13-15's on people's respected lists.

express1

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:00 pm

Just think back to when we were all kids,you can't say that you wasn't annoying to others back then.Kids these days are far more intelligant than some of us grown ups,even the perants, when my kids were alive,(god bless them) thay were better at spellin than i was or is lol.

dave
David.S cavanagh since 1961,if you can do better,then show me.

aloges

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:17 pm

Quoting Express1 (Reply 111):
thay were better at spellin than i was or is lol.

I do believe you, oh dear I do.

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 76):
Young whippersnappers asking questions that may be perceived as dumb or annoying is nothing compared to grown adults who are unable to utilize proper...even passable spelling and grammar.

yes  I totally agree - it's just wrong that non-native speakers of the language could correct native English-speakers all the time if it weren't so tiresome. We all make typing mitsakes  Wink from time to time, but the high number of obvious spelling mistakes is just as annoying as the "internet speech" some members use to employ.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

BA787

Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:54 am

Right, I speak as one of the main causers of this thread and I find it hard to believe that people are still arguing over it. I apologised for my actions in reply 81 and the thread starter accepted my apologies so in my view and i think in the thread starters view this thread is over.

And ion response to all these people saying that age=experience I say that yes you may be senior in age years to us teenagers but when it comes to being mature and letting things go, some of you can be ten times worse than any of us teenagers. This thread was resolved a long time ago and although you may not like the young people on the site, moaning and bitching about them is going to do nothing. You have to face up to the fact that we "teenagers" are here to stay.

who posts in every post going

mild exaggeration here buddy, and even if we do this, we do contribute quite greatly to the site. Some of our information is incorrect but most of my information is from the vast number of monthly aviation magazines I read.

You seniors may not like us "teenagers" but sooner you
a) have had first hand experience of us
b) realise that we will probably be running this industry in twenty years time
c) realise that we are here to stay ( no matter how much you bitch) and realise that we aren't here for the summer, we're here for all of it

the better.

Give us a chance, to be honest if you dont like us being here then you know where you can go

Tom Big grin

skidmarks

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:07 am

Quoting BA787 (Reply 113):
c) realise that we are here to stay ( no matter how much you bitch) and realise that we aren't here for the summer, we're here for all of it

Frightening isn't it! Big grin  devil 

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

BA787

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:27 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 114):
Frightening isn't it!

lol aye it is

but its gonna happen so people need to get used to it

Tom

Tom12

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:21 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 114):

Frightening isn't it!

rotfl 

7LBAC111

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:40 pm

Give us a chance, to be honest if you dont like us being here then you know where you can go

Quite honestly 'mate' I find you impertinent, and disrespectful. You are an embarassment to your age group. and a shining example of why this thread was started. I have no problems with people of any age group contributing to the site, as I have stated previously, but I object to prebubescent furry faced know-it-alls such as you telling other people to leave.

Do everyone a favour, and take a leaf out of the book of members such as Gofly - a shining example of members from your age group who have earned and deserve respect. Unlike yourself.

7L

wrighbrothers

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:02 pm

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 117):
I have no problems with people of any age group contributing to the site, as I have stated previously,

Oh, my apologies, I miss-understood, if you have no problems with our age group, then I with-draw my past posts.

Quoting Express1 (Reply 111):
when my kids were alive,(god bless them)

Sad, My saddness goes to you.

Wrighbrothers

BA787

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:28 am

Quite honestly 'mate' I find you impertinent, and disrespectful. You are an embarassment to your age group. and a shining example of why this thread was started. I have no problems with people of any age group contributing to the site, as I have stated previously, but I object to prebubescent furry faced know-it-alls such as you telling other people to leave.

Do everyone a favour, and take a leaf out of the book of members such as Gofly - a shining example of members from your age group who have earned and deserve respect. Unlike yourself.

7L

I never told you to leave, i told you to get used to us being here adn if you hate us that much then you should leave.

I respect people who have the decency to admit when theyre wrong and people who give people second chances. I have apologised for my wrongs and if you had taken the time to view this apology then maybe you wouldn't feel this way. I have respect for many people, all i ask is that I'm treated like an equal member to this site, and that is not the case with you!

Tom

Newark777

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:05 am

Quoting BA787 (Reply 119):
i told you to get used to us being here adn if you hate us that much then you should leave.

And if the little kids here keep acting like little kids, then no, people aren't going to get used to you. Capiche?

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

legoguy

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:40 am

Actually BA757 is quite intelligent and a credit to his age group.....
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

alaska737

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:47 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 121):
Actually BA757 is quite intelligent and a credit to his age group.....

its 787, and yes i agree, i feel like we are under a microscope and everything we say is disected like poetry, nothing we say is right and everything is another reason to bash us. BTW this is not aimed at all of you.

Alaska737

7LBAC111

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:40 pm

Quoting BA787 (Reply 119):
I never told you to leave, i told you to get used to us being here adn if you hate us that much then you should leave.

With that response I rest my case.....

I have read your apology and I have never until the above post, made any reference to you directly in this thread. The ONLY reason I responded to you personanlly was because I considred your reply in 113 as totally inappropriate.

to be honest if you dont like us being here then you know where you can go

Nobody, but nobody has the right to say who can and cannot participate in this site, other than the site admin.

Quit highlighting your apology too. Its been read dozens of times and is no longer relevant. This discussion may have been started in response to your somewhat immature actions, but you have addressed this with a mature and upfront aoplogy. Since then though the discussion became more generalised, not aimed at you specifically, yet you let yourself down again by responding in such a defensive and immature manner. You have simply given credence to the ongoing issues that many users (not necessarily shared by me) have with 13 year olds participating in this site.

7L

BDKLEZ

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:40 pm

In summary, I have a couple of points. When I was seven years old, I saw a TV programme about the Red Arrows and I knew from then that I wanted to work in aviation. That very day I sat down and wrote to Alitalia, KLM, Air France, British Airways and Aer Lingus asking about what I needed to do in order to achieve a job in aviation. Now, I'm sure that the respective HR departments of all these airlines had a good laugh at my seven year old writing, but in my view I had to ask the question.

That's what we did then, we went to the library and we wrote letters. Kids these days access the Internet to ask questions. How many times have we all attended a training course or some such seminar to be told that..."no question is stupid; don't be embarrassed and just ask." That's what these kids are doing.

I can think of some of our fellow a.netters who seem to think that they know more than they actually do about the industry, and some that just simply lie about the actual extent of their knowledge. These are not the kids on the forum to whom I am referring, but fully grown adults.

If anyone has a question, then let them ask, and I ask others to respect that they have asked as opposed to flaming them or otherwise for asking something which to them is pointless or stupid.

Many who participate in this site do indeed work in aviation, and I for one wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't ask stupid or pointless questions at the time; in fact, I still do. I know quite a bit, but I don't know everything.

In short, have respect for others and their opinions. You never know, these kids might even end up being our bosses in 10 years!

I shall now step down off the soap-box.

Live long and prosper!

Trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again!

legoguy

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:38 pm

Quoting Alaska737 (Reply 122):
its 787, and yes i agree, i feel like we are under a microscope and everything we say is disected like poetry, nothing we say is right and everything is another reason to bash us. BTW this is not aimed at all of you.

Yup sorry I ment BA787. I have yet to come acrossany kid who is not a credit to their age group.
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

7LBAC111

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:13 pm

Quoting BDKLEZ (Reply 124):
If anyone has a question, then let them ask, and I ask others to respect that they have asked as opposed to flaming them or otherwise for asking something which to them is pointless or stupid

You only have to look at CivAv these days - it's like a school playground with members (young and old) arguing over incredibly pointless A vs B threads, or where B6 are going to go next, or why Virgin doesnt fly to such-and-such a city. But thats a reflection of the success of the site coupled with arguably sparse moderation. (And thats not a dig before you Mods jump down my throat)

However, my point and that of the OP is not about asking questions per se. Its about the forced opinions of a select few 13-15 year olds, who post off topic, who ignore the very specific forums, who disrespect anyone who disagrees because 'their Dad knows a guy who heard it from the aircraft cleaner" - these type of members are the issue and the problem.

BA787 has proven himslef to be both worthy of a certain amount of respect (and I will acknowledge that) - for both acknowledging his participation in this thread starting, and by the quality of comprehension shown in the wording of many of his posts. I certainly cannot fault the guy there. Nor do I have issue with any of his contribution as I haven't seen any of the threads originally referred too.

What I do take exception too however, and I reiterate my response to reply 113, is that nobody has the right to tell anyone to leave if they dont like kids being on the forum, in the same vain as nobody has any right to demand the age limit be increased to 18. (or whatever)

My turn to step off my soap box.

7L

BDKLEZ

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:01 pm

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 126):
arguing over incredibly pointless A vs B threads

Indeed, snore.

or where B6 are going to go next, or why Virgin doesnt fly to such-and-such a city.

Yes, even worse.

Its about the forced opinions of a select few 13-15 year olds, who post off topic, who ignore the very specific forums

With age comes a certain degree of comprehension of what a particular subject is actually about as opposed to what it is perceived to be about by certain individuals. Call me patronising and condescending by suggesting such a thing but it's a fact. There was, not so long ago, an almost tyrannic succession of topics directed at ba757gla, and yes ultimately he changed his ways and readdressed the way he posed questions on the forum. But it was almost bullying. And yes, he wasn't expressing himself in the best of fashions, which he seemed to realise, but he was slammed, as opposed to being educated.

What I do take exception too however, and I reiterate my response to reply 113, is that nobody has the right to tell anyone to leave if they dont like kids being on the forum, in the same vain as nobody has any right to demand the age limit be increased to 18. (or whatever)

Indeed; maybe it's because I'm the youngest in my family or the fact that I now have two kids of my own, but I totally agree.

BA787

Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:05 am

You only have to look at CivAv these days - it's like a school playground with members (young and old) arguing over incredibly pointless A vs B threads

despite our disagreements I agree with you whole heartedly. Both young and old members can be immature but a lot of it can be down to the sort of day they are having.

BTW I am referring to my apology frequently because i thought you hadn't read it which is why you still held the opinion you do

At the end of the day, every single member of this site can contribute something useful in their own specialised fields, whether its BA or the Airbus A310, we all have our specialities where we appear big headed but are just trying to be helpful to the other users. That said some members know a helluva lot about everything to do with aviation and are a credit to this site (ie dutchjet, wrighbrothers, alaska737 and many more). We all have our bad days and all sometimes say the wrong thing , but part of this site is tolerating and listening to each other.

All I was saying earlier is that there's nothing anyone can do about any member they are not keen on or any age group that they do not like. The only people who can deal with it are the moderators. This site is for aviation enthusiasts to meet up and chat about the industry, everyone has their own opinions and at the end of the day everybody thinks they are in the right. The bigger person can realise this and not respond to those people and take the high road by ignoring the know alls and just not responding to their posts, no matter how stupid they are.

What I do take exception too however, and I reiterate my response to reply 113, is that nobody has the right to tell anyone to leave if they dont like kids being on the forum, in the same vain as nobody has any right to demand the age limit be increased to 18.

I agree, and I admit I worded this wrong and didn't pay much attention to that sacred note before I posted the message, it just sometimes feels that we as an age group are blamed for a lot of the immaturity on this site whereas in fact we try to replenish our image and we are dragged down by a few select individuals (admittedly this has been me from time to time and for this I apologise)

I will no get off the soap box and get back to talking about the reason I use this site: aviation

Tom

ua777222

Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:41 am

You guys are funny. Fighting over other issues that people are fighting over. Now 129 posts..... productive.

Matt
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

BA787

Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:44 pm

Quoting UA777222 (Reply 129):
You guys are funny. Fighting over other issues that people are fighting over. Now 129 posts..... productive.

I'm just trying to make people see that we aren't always to blam, contrary to popular belief

Tom

CXA330300

Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:48 am

I joined when I was 14............I think its a minority in the age group. It just happens to be very highly concentrated there. But when one joins this forum, one should be willing to handle this. But some people do need to act more mature. This isn't limited to 13-15 year olds.
Home airport now: DCA/IAD

airfly

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:19 am

Quoting Dutchjet (Thread starter):
the site has been invaded by 13-15 years old (and others) with little real knowledge of airlines or airliners

I am about to leave this "invaders" age group in around 2 months, and I ask you Mr, why waste your time generalising every 13-15 member here with "little real knowledge of airlines or airliners"? Where A.net is not only aimed at airlines, and airliners, but every concept of aviation, e.g. Photography. Now you say I have no knowledge about airlines or airliners!? How dare you!?
Let me know if you do have any knowledge regarding ATC or flying, because if you do have any knowledge you can explain to me what RVSM, or RIS is without looking it up somewhere just as a stupid example...

Cheers
Lucca M.
L - I - B - E - R - A - L

i530j

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:20 pm

Quoting Airfly (Reply 132):

I agree 100%!

Cheers,
JK
"I love you, I love the kids..." then the phone went dead.

Tom12

Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:00 am

Quoting I530j (Reply 133):

Me also, very well put!

Tom

BA787

Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:06 am

Quoting I530j (Reply 133):

Quoting Tom12 (Reply 134):

All of you are correct in my view

Tom

7LBAC111

Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:47 am

Let me know if you do have any knowledge regarding ATC or flying, because if you do have any knowledge you can explain to me what RVSM, or RIS is without looking it up somewhere just as a stupid example...

Knowing what this means does not make you an expert, and this is precisely the point being put across in the replies to the original post. And as JGPH1A put it -

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 102):

Gofly

Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:57 am

A small tip guys,

If you haven't got anything worth saying, or it is not going to contribute to the discussion, then don't say anything at all.  Wink

And that spell check works wonders as well!  silly 
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...

cornish

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:23 pm

Quoting Gofly (Reply 137):
A small tip guys,

If you haven't got anything worth saying, or it is not going to contribute to the discussion, then don't say anything at all.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

It's not necessary to post in EVERY thread - just those you feel you can contribute usefully to or ask a worthwhile question in if you want to learn more  Smile

And may I say that Gofly sets just the sort of example that our younger members, and for that matter some of our more senior ones, should follow when contributing to the forums.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

7LBAC111

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:45 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 138):
And may I say that Gofly sets just the sort of example that our younger members, and for that matter some of our more senior ones, should follow when contributing to the forums

checkmark 

Do everyone a favour, and take a leaf out of the book of members such as Gofly - a shining example of members from your age group

BA787

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:19 pm

Also worth the same sort of mention as Gofly are Wrighbrothers and Tom12

They are very informative and helpful

Tom

David L

Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:58 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 138):
And may I say that Gofly sets just the sort of example that our younger members, and for that matter some of our more senior ones, should follow when contributing to the forums.

Indeed, I got involved in a discussion a while back about FSX in the hobby forum with whom I took to be a youngster throwing a tantrum and a more level-headed older person. I checked their profiles later and discovered Gofly was the youngster and the one throwing the tantrum was closer to my age.  Smile

ajd1992

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:52 am

Hi, Just want to make a contribution (First post, BTW)
I've just signed up "on daddy's credit card" as it were, but i'll bet you think i'm older, mainly because i'm not a 14 year old that types lyk this lyk on msn wid no grammer. Ok, i really do do that on MSN, but on a website with foreigners, i understand that it is hard to read slang. I've turned 14 6 days ago, and hate that sort of spelling. You won't catch me missing a comma, or fullstop.

Andrew.

BDKLEZ

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:26 am

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 142):
but i'll bet you think i'm older

because i'm not a 14 year

Ok, i really do do that on MSN

i understand that it is hard to read slang

You won't catch me missing a comma, or fullstop.

That's cool, just make sure that your I's are in capital form next time!  wink 

jetflyer

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:58 am

You won't catch me missing a comma, or fullstop.

Like your first sentence, you mean.

aislepathlight

Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:39 am

This thread has gotten long!

I was one of the many kids that, as soon as high school ended (well, a couple weeks after high school ended) came to spend time here. Most of you have never seen me, but I am one of the folks over in Military who keeps that alive. I know that I am not one of the most experienced over there, but I do know my fare share of stuff. I have nothing on KC135TopBom or ANCFlyer, both of whom know what they are talking about in terms of the military. While I don't have said hands on experience, I do contribute. I also give respect to said folks, which I think has become one of the site down falls. Some older guys (and ladies) try to abuse their respect and shut someone down, and other times the armchair CEOs won't give any respect to the more experienced. I know that it is hard to reach a balance, but I think that it can be done. Look at Military-aviation, for example. It is relatively peaceful and really intense discussions are normally. But recently, one member has been disrespect/ disrespected others. It throws everything out of whack, and nothing goes quite right, and good threads get sidelined. Why can't some people just accept others opinions and try and learn?
bleepbloop

alaska737

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:12 pm

I think the bottom line is that we need to respect each other. I am not saying we have to like each other; in fact we can even dislike certain people, but please lets try and show everyone respect. The world we live in today has so much violence and hate already and I for one don’t want to see A-Net turn into that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, others may disagree and that’s fine, it is what makes the website interesting and useful, but please don’t shoot it down and ridicule someone because of it. I realize that occasionally someone will post something completely off topic and useless but instead of focusing on these minor annoyances we should focus on working together to make A-Net the best website possible.

Bill

Tom12

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:34 am

Quoting Alaska737 (Reply 146):

Spot on.

I think that everyoe on the site will have something that annoys others. The community is far too big for someone not to annoy someone else. I think we just have to live in peace with it.

Tom

KPDX

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:04 am

Quoting Dutchjet (Thread starter):
What is going on? Its killing this once excellent site.

I think whats ruining the site is people like you posting these stupid threads, whining. Just my opinion.

KPDX  Smile

Newark777

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:15 am

Quoting KPDX (Reply 148):
I think whats ruining the site is people like you posting these stupid threads, whining. Just my opinion.

I think it was pointless posts that don't contribute to the threads that he was talking about. Like yours.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?